MO - Elizabeth Olten, 9, St Martin's, 21 Oct 2009 #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Needs to be decided on a case by case basis, I dont think it is fair or prudent to suggest it is always about sex, I am sure there many cases where it wasnt, my mother was 14 and my father was 18 when they met and they are still together 55 years later.

Also, females mature faster than males do so mentally, bio-physiologically a 14 year old female and an 18 year old male are a lot closer than you may at first assume.

That is not to say that I would let my daughter date an 18 year old if she were 14 but I would be willing to meet the boy and see what the situation is before I would draw any conclusions.

Case by case.

I just feel at fourteen you should be busy with school, homework, and sports, and the social life of a fourteen yr old girl with her female friends at that age. There is time for dating, but not at 14. That's just me, I am sort of old fashioned and it worked for me, my daughter didn't "date" til 18, she was busy with AP classes and trying to get in college. She graduated magna *advertiser censored* laude. And did have friends that had "boyfriends" at that age, but I told her all in time. She is 24 now and having a blast! BTW I was a single mother her "father" left when she was 4

From what I was able to find in California public record, KB and GB were married at least 2 years before Alyssa was born.

2shihtzus, do you find a marriage record for CB/MB Alyssa's parents?

I just feel at fourteen you should be busy with school, homework, and sports, and the social life of a fourteen yr old girl with her female friends at that age. There is time for dating, but not at 14. That's just me, I am sort of old fashioned and it worked for me, my daughter didn't "date" til 18, she was busy with AP classes and trying to get in college. She graduated magna *advertiser censored* laude. And did have friends that had "boyfriends" at that age, but I told her all in time. She is 24 now and having a blast! BTW I was a single mother her "father" left when she was 4

I dont disagree with you I too think 14 is a little young to be dating but if the situation came about I would have to take a look at it and see whats there. I dont think I could make a poilcy of no dating until a certain age as my parents did that and it pissed me off quite a bit and put a real damper on my teen years.

I dont disagree with you I too think 14 is a little young to be dating but if the situation came about I would have to take a look at it and see whats there. I dont think I could make a poilcy of no dating until a certain age as my parents did that and it pissed me off quite a bit and put a real damper on my teen years.

It really wasn't a policy, I pretty much just kept her busy, :D and she so wanted to succeed, "type A" and it all fell into place. 18 before sex, college before marriage, and marriage before a baby. I'm waiting on the last two. LOL

I don't necessarily think that MB shouldn't have been "dating" CB based on their ages. I realize that you can't be with a 14 yo 24/7. However, how involved was her mother during this time of her life? I do think it is interesting that CB and MB ended up marrying and having 2 more children.

I also wonder what the court will say (if anything) when the annual status report is filed for guardianship of the other 3 children.

In hindsight, too many freedoms were given to Alyssa knowing the mental instabilities that she had. Unfortunately, no amount of "could've should've, would've" will erase what Alyssa did and bring back Elizabeth. Out of everyone involved, her brothers and sister have the hardest road ahead of them. How many parents will allow their children to play with her brothers and sister or go to the GPs home at this point?

2shihtzus, do you find a marriage record for CB/MB Alyssa's parents?

I haven't found their marriage record yet. I've mainly been searching through the records for the guardianship that was petitioned for in CA and if CB had any kind of criminal record in CA.

Keep your eyes on the media outlets this week, as there might be something released in this case that changes everything.

Oh great, cryptic...we all love cryptic.

All we do is media watch, nothing new there.

Let's just say that the speculation about the bf might not be too far off.

That would make sense in some of the things that seemed a little difficult in this such as digging.

Mixologist - got links? Is this opinion, unverified fact or rumor?

WB to the mix, Mix

It would make sense in some ways, but was not the rumor according to AB's best friend #2 that they had only been dating a couple of weeks?

No links. This isn't released to media as of yet, but might be this week. I don't know whether to classify it as unverified fact yet or rumor.

I can almost be certain, if we wait for the media to report it....well we either will never know or at least won't see the correct information reported. I would rather get my information from a crystal ball than the media at this point. :banghead:

WB to the mix, Mix

It would make sense in some ways, but was not the rumor according to AB's best friend #2 that they had only been dating a couple of weeks?

I have wondered about the boyfriend and his influence on AB. Perhaps she changed in the last two weeks since being with him. She has shown that she acts like who she is with at the time. We don't have much on him. I have been given 2 names but have all but eliminated one of them. People have wondered about his online activity or rather the lack of it. Maybe it was there and he got rid of it before everything blew up or else he is very good at concealing his ID's. I am sure LE has looked into things that we would not have access to anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roseashley592