CA CA - Bob Harrod, 81, Orange County, 27 July 2009 - # 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO, the original 11am time given was altered after LE spoke to the house keeper and the HD receipt was thrown out there as a new alibi. What was bought at HD anyways? Cleaning supplies? Rubbermaid containers? Carpet cleaner rented?

I think the ROTW post demonstrates the constant passive aggressive jabs at their father-note the description of her sadness regarding her mother is far more detailed and sincere, imo.

From the motion to enforce settlement/memoribilia list that was just linked:

"It is undisputed by Petitioners, under oath in deposition, that the night before his disappearance Bob called all three daughters together at this residence to advise them of his intent to change his will to include Fontelle. Petitioners acknowledge that the arguement became "heated" and on the very next day the last person to see Bob alive was his youngest daughter Julie's husband, Jeff Michaels who claims to have been performing handyman services to Mr Harrod's residence when he noticed Bob was suddenly missing after he returned from Home Depot to purchase some items. "

So for all the protestations to the contrary, the daughters stated under oath that there was a money fight on the day before Bob disappeared and that Bob intended to add his new wife to his estate planning.

Well then. Game over regarding the sparring over this.

"ROTW From: JuM Sent: Wednesday, July 27, 2011 10:17

Today marks 2 years since our father vanished. I am awake for now but tomorrow will be day 3 of being in bed trying to sleep through the pain of not knowing.

I miss our mom so much, it has only been 3 years but the pain will never go away. I just wish I could have her back just one day to talk with her again."

I hope this doesn't sound too off the wall, but what would Ju's mom say today?
I miss my mom, too. Even after she passed I would be thinking something and would try to remember thoughts she would have offered. She was like my moral compass. RIP

BBM. It's hard to say having never known her. However, as Bobs first wife of 57 years I don't believe she would have wished for him to be disappeared, likely murdered and discarded who knows where.

I'd like to believe she would be happy her husband found love after her passing.

I'm sure she would encourage ALL her family members to come forward with any and all knowledge they had regarding Bobs disappearance.

So for all the protestations to the contrary, the daughters stated under oath that there was a money fight on the day before Bob disappeared and that Bob intended to add his new wife to his estate planning.

Well then. Game over regarding the sparring over this.
Was there any evidence of Bob's revised will, even in the form of him notifying his attorney of his plans to add Fontelle? An attorney appointment made (kept or not kept) before Bob disappeared?

This case is so sad...I hope that Fontelle is holding up and has family of her own that provides emotional support. My guess is that she does not have family in her (new) town?

We know that hand written notes found in Bobs home (written by Bob) indicated he planned on adding Fontelle to his will.

We know the cleaning lady was there Monday afternoon. However, daughter JeM by her own words posted on ROTW stated she was 'dth' (down the hill) most of the day Tuesday to change the linens on her dads bed. Allegedly a wedding gift she purchased for Bob and Fontelle. Changing the linens on her dads bed while he was missing and the day after his house was cleaned by the cleaning lady is odd.

It's unknown what happened to both the old linens and old materials (odd jobs) removed from the home. It is possible, imo, where ever those old materials are Bob may be...

Daughter JuM admitted to changing the linens. We don't know what else she may have removed from Bobs home that day.

JMO

ETA: As far as I know Fontelle does not have any family in CA. She a few friends who were friends of Bobs who help her get around as she is legally blind. She is a strong woman for staying put until answers are found regarding Bobs disappearance. I'm sure many of us wish we could be there with her. While we can't physically, we are in heart and spirit.

It's sad to think the linens and old materials from Bobs home were likely discarded to hide evidence of what happened to Bob. It's impossible for me to believe had those items not held evidence they would have been located and turned over to LE. And wouldn't be part of the 'list of secrets' not shared by Bobs SIL and daughters.

JMO

Thank you Cubby for the info on the "rumored receipt". I didn't want to get into that if it hadn't hit mainstream.

I understand them withholding info from the public, but it's something I want to chat about, so I think they should clear that up for me LOL The receipt and number of calls that morning, and the time of the last call of the morning and WHERE IS BOB??? are things that need clarifying.

I watched the videos again that everyone posted. He was so sweet about his feelings for Fontelle. Incredibly sweet stuff - incredibly sweet man!

BUT something I didn't pay attention to on its own is that he referred to her as "the one that got away". Ouch - especially after having been married for 57 years to another woman. I wonder if any of the daughters pondered the tone of the interviews, and were upset over more than just money when they had the heated argument that Sunday. It might also be part of the fuel behind the online conduct.

I agree with you Cubby, that while I don't know anyone in this tragic story personally, I find it hard to believe that after he took care of his wife in her last days, she would want him to be alone and miserable in his last days.

I wonder if daughter JuM provided LE with a store receipt and gift receipt for those bed linens.

Thank you Cubby for the info on the "rumored receipt". I didn't want to get into that if it hadn't hit mainstream.

I understand them withholding info from the public, but it's something I want to chat about, so I think they should clear that up for me LOL The receipt and number of calls that morning, and the time of the last call of the morning and WHERE IS BOB??? are things that need clarifying.

I watched the videos again that everyone posted. He was so sweet about his feelings for Fontelle. Incredibly sweet stuff - incredibly sweet man!

BUT something I didn't pay attention to on its own is that he referred to her as "the one that got away". Ouch - especially after having been married for 57 years to another woman. I wonder if any of the daughters pondered the tone of the interviews, and were upset over more than just money when they had the heated argument that Sunday. It might also be part of the fuel behind the online conduct.

I agree with you Cubby, that while I don't know anyone in this tragic story personally, I find it hard to believe that after he took care of his wife in her last days, she would want him to be alone and miserable in his last days.

Highlighted by me~~~~

I believe, at least for some of the daughters, the answer is yes.

Daughter R posted the following shortly after Mr. Harrod disappeared.

"They spent eight days of "marital bliss" and then poof, he takes off with no explanation."(RB August 2009)

We know that hand written notes found in Bobs home (written by Bob) indicated he planned on adding Fontelle to his will.

We know the cleaning lady was there Monday afternoon. However, daughter JeM by her own words posted on ROTW stated she was 'dth' (down the hill) most of the day Tuesday to change the linens on her dads bed. Allegedly a wedding gift she purchased for Bob and Fontelle. Changing the linens on her dads bed while he was missing and the day after his house was cleaned by the cleaning lady is odd.

It's unknown what happened to both the old linens and old materials (odd jobs) removed from the home. It is possible, imo, where ever those old materials are Bob may be...

Daughter JuM admitted to changing the linens. We don't know what else she may have removed from Bobs home that day.

JMO

ETA: As far as I know Fontelle does not have any family in CA. She a few friends who were friends of Bobs who help her get around as she is legally blind. She is a strong woman for staying put until answers are found regarding Bobs disappearance. I'm sure many of us wish we could be there with her. While we can't physically, we are in heart and spirit.

BBM~~

It would be interesting to know if JeM told PPD where he discarded any materials from his "home repairs." I would think he would be able to tell them the location of any items taken from Mr. Harrod's home unless there is something to hide.

OCSO CSI processed the house in March. The results of the search and the evidence recovered has not hit MSM, so I believe that there is a lot going on behind the scenes in the criminal case. This is a sharp, devoted homicide department. They partnered with OCSO/TraKRS unit and put to bed the Lynsie Eklund case which had been cold for 9 years. Finally Lynsie's mother knew what had happened to her child and where she lay all of these years. :( There is no reason to think that this wont happen here...slow and steady...crossing t's and dotting i's so everything holds up.

BBM~~

It would be interesting to know if JeM told PPD where he discarded any materials from his "home repairs." I would think he would be able to tell them the location of any items taken from Mr. Harrod's home unless there is something to hide.

Oh yes-I am sure those items have been in the hands of PPD since the disappearance.

Highlighted by me~~~~

I believe, at least for some of the daughters, the answer is yes.

Daughter R posted the following shortly after Mr. Harrod disappeared.

"They spent eight days of "marital bliss" and then poof, he takes off with no explanation."(RB August 2009)
Setting aside the issue of inheritance and control of their father's assets and the apparent irony of that post, I can understand someone grieving the loss of their mother, compounded by resenting their father's new/old love. But letting it filter out into words and actions (and horrible actions) is something more that a child or teenager would do, not a grown-a$$ woman. Children and teenagers haven't matured. I guess many adults have not, either. :(

Cazzie, I think that is a fair lens to use here. I think the family dynamics are at the heart of this case. Mom dies after a lengthy illness and one year later Bob has reconnected with his self described "love of his life."

We cant remove the money issue however-the facts seem to indicate that Bob's daughters believed that they were to inherit the ByPass trust after their mother died and the trust document/will was filed.

They were wrong. It was a tax dodge to reduce the estate taxes on their mother's share of the marital assets. All of the money and things were still Bob's unless there were certain bequests of items that he was to distribute. And even then, if the distribution caused a taxable situation, he could have witheld them.

IIRC, at some point Bob would have had to combine the trusts anyway. So all of it was his.

I can see why the combination of this knowledge, finally, and the realization that Bob was going to add Fontelle to his estate planning might have created a flashpoint. JMO.

Setting aside the issue of inheritance and control of their father's assets and the apparent irony of that post, I can understand someone grieving the loss of their mother, compounded by resenting their father's new/old love. But letting it filter out into words and actions (and horrible actions) is something more that a child or teenager would do, not a grown-a$$ woman. Children and teenagers haven't matured. I guess many adults have not, either. :(

bbm its true, Cazzie, many adults act very childish when they sense that something is going to be "taken away" from them. for example, i was raised by my mom and step dad. when i was 30 i was finally able to locate my bio father. wasn't looking for a dad, i had a dad, but i wanted an answer as to how a seemingly upstanding family man can have a child he knows about and never ever want to see that child. before he could answer me he ask for a dna test. i was 30 and not asking for anything from him except an answer. after the dna came back 99.99999999999999999999999999999% positive that he was my father, he turned his back and never spoke to me again. the reason? i have a half sister who had a very violent and angry reaction to the fact that she had a sister. the reaction was not directed at the parents who lied and kept the secret all these years, but at me who only wanted an answer. that was many years ago and instead of fueling the fire and causing problems in their family (my family?) i gave up. i guess i had all the answers i needed anyway. after that experience i am never surprised at grown people behaving like children. Bob's daughters were so worried that they were going to lose something. they had no regard for their fathers happiness. if they loved him, they would have been thrilled that he have a loving companion in his golden years. instead, it seems, somebody thought poor Bob had lived long enough. i guess they thought he had enough happiness. it makes me sick to think about.

I am so sorry for your experience Nanny. ((hugs))

As you newer folk move through the threads, you will definitely find evidence of conflict here...these women post in their own voices that their father was/is missed, but was/is a man of incredibly gross appetites from the company he kept to the frozen dinners he chose.

This 80+ year old man should have had someone delivering him meals or cooking them for him. His grandson lives around the corner from his house. Why wasnt grandson making sure grand dad had what he needed when he needed it? Why didnt grandson putter around grand dad's house, repairing things?

Perhaps Bob was independent in that regard. But of all the puzzling disturbing things I have read that these women have written, the one that bothers me the most was making fun of his frozen meals.

maybe he was independent, believe, but i have a feeling he was less independent and more fed up. what is so sad to me is the disappointment that Bob must have felt in his girls. to raise a family and love them, provide for them, give give give to them and have them behave so ugly must have hurt him terribly. as for the frozen dinners, that is just mean. Bob probably wasn't a cook after having been married for 57 years so i do not understand why they would rather make fun of him than to arrange a way for him to get good meals every day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TrueCrimeTarot