the question phase continues: Arias on the stand for the 18th day #84

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing that comes out of Jodi's mouth is the truth and Travis was "overkilled". Simple.

The best juror question today: If you had shot him with the gun, why didn't you just shoot him twice???

I still loved it when it kept "shoving" FOG down her throat LOL One of my prosecutor lines I so love "It is your fog!" hahahahhaha Love it..

Don't bother. I don't think I am either.

She will be found guilty in about 3 weeks.

The trial ain't the trial of the century that's for sure. In fact, it's boring. There are no unveiling or 'gotcha' moments. Juan isn't using his time efficiently or effectively.
Jodi is laughing and I can't say, I don't blame her. She stays composed (in her psychotic way) and Juan gets flustered.

He goes on and on and on and on and on and on and on causing Nurmi to get pissed so he keeps objecting almost in spite!!
It's monotonous to say the least.

Ugh!!!

The ONLY part if this that I think you have right is her being found guilty. JMO

Something that really stood out to me in today's testimony was when Juan asked Jodi if she wanted to follow by Mormon rules and she said, " I wanted it to APPEAR that way "..... Meaning, she really didn't, but wanted people to THINK that she did.

I heard it, too - "APPEAR". I hope the jury heard, too!

To the mormon folks here...
Didn't I her somewhere that Travis spoke with his bishop? Is it at all possible ( if Travis did speak to him) the bishop could be called in rebuttal?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ffs.
okay......
Experts tomorrow. For like 20 min.....prolly. Then 3 days off. :banghead:

I'm so sorry jury!!!!

Is it bad that my clock/schedule revolves around this trail? I keep thinking it's Monday due to the trial schedule. :what: I made my doctor appointment around the court schedule, yet forgot about the time change. I may need an intervention.

Hln. There's a guy lawyer on there giving more credit to nurmi thinks jm was to aggressive please. Give me a break I think considering juan working with a sociopath! He did good!

And let me guess......the lawyer is a defense attorney.:floorlaugh:

Juan should have been harder on her.

IMO

I've been over to the court watchers thread, but couldn't find it. Is there a way someone can get an actual copy of the DT witness list so we know if the two experts are the only ones on it?

Richard Samuels and Alyce Laviolette

The cross-examination of Dr Samuels will be great and a real eye opener, I predict. Juan hinted several times that she told him stories that conflicted with what she said on the stand. One had to do with the "rope" where she told Samuels that Travis used the knife to cut if off of her and that the knife was last seen by her on a nightstand.

why do i feel sometimes Jodi uses BIG words to try to make the jury be impressed with her..like a see I use big words you cant sentence a smart woman like me to death.

Indubitably, she does, Mr. Midnight!

Don't bother. I don't think I am either.

She will be found guilty in about 3 weeks.

The trial ain't the trial of the century that's for sure. In fact, it's boring. There are no unveiling or 'gotcha' moments. Juan isn't using his time efficiently or effectively.
Jodi is laughing and I can't say, I don't blame her. She stays composed (in her psychotic way) and Juan gets flustered.

He goes on and on and on and on and on and on and on causing Nurmi to get pissed so he keeps objecting almost in spite!!
It's monotonous to say the least.

Ugh!!!
I don't understand coming to a crime site and posting how bored you are with a trial. A murder trial is not to entertain you. A murder trial is about getting justice for a murdered soul. If you aren't here to watch the justice system at work, to support a family needing justice, what are you here for? As many websleuthers as are going to the trial, could you imagine being a member of the family, coming here and reading "oh I'm not going to bother watching the trial anymore because it's boring".

With all due respect, maybe another channel and/or another thread might be more up your alley.

I don't think it's supposed to be the "trial of the century". Nor should it be entertaining or something to complain about being "bored" by. It's about justice for a man who was slaughtered to death simply because he didn't do what a woman wanted him to do.

As far as the complaining about Juan.... he's been to this rodeo before and I'm sure he knows what he is doing. After all, he's the lawyer and most of us here are not. It's easy to be an armchair quarterback sitting in front of a screen watching, but it's entirely another to do what he's doing. I'll continue to watch because I'm invested in the outcome for Travis and his family. I don't know them personally, but I know enough about the case to become emotional about things. I've been brought to tears more than once.

My sentiments exactly! The folks that want Perry Mason moments should turn to those tv shows.

I'm a little perplexed that Juan didn't preface every statement based on her word ... With "you allege", "you claim" or "you expect us to believe"

I'm disappointed he didn't drive home the fact there is zero corroboration of any domestic abuse, Travis's supposed gun or fighti g for her life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think most of today is set up for rebuttal and closing argument. There is a method to his madness.. Just give him time.. it is hard when you got loud mouth in the back ground trying to break his cross with Objection at the end of every question.

JMHO

There are a lot of posts about being dissapointed with today. While there were some areas covered that I didn't find compelling, Juan laid out two key points, (1) the discrepancy between her version of Travis' death and the timeline as told by the pictures, and (2) that her claim to have used the closet shelves to retrieve the gun is problematic. Additionally, he tripped her up in her own testimony about the gun being loaded/unloaded.
These were serious blows to her story. Every day can't play out like an episode of Law & Order!

My opinion is the JM needed to scale it back just a little bit. I agree that he should have been aggressive with her as she is disrespectful of the court and him, but sometimes she did answer his question and he bellowed right over top of her answer. Then he demanded she answer, yes or no! Just my two cents, JM could have dialed it down a smidge and cut her angles in response.

The cross-examination of Dr Samuels will be great and a real eye opener, I predict. Juan hinted several times that she told him stories that conflicted with what she said on the stand. One had to do with the "rope" where she told Samuels that Travis used the knife to cut if off of her and that the knife was last seen by her on a nightstand.

Thank you
I DIDNT know thwt

IMHO, JA did not go to a bishop to 'fess her sexual sins any more that she spoke to the Man in the Moon about them. JMO. No way.

I never quite understand when folks say a trial is boring.... perhaps right now I'm just in a foul mood seeing what gets done day in and day out by this murderess and her DT or perhaps this is how I always feel, who knows. I don't expect trials to be full of twists and turns and surprises and scripted lines and explosions and shockers. In fact most trials are quite monotonous and the work lawyers do in seeking justice is tedious and it's not meant for entertainment purposes. I just don't get being "bored" by a trial. It's about justice for the victim and putting away those responsible. Or maybe that's just my take on it. ?

Agree! This may be monotonous at times *coughnurmicough* but I think its brilliant! The subtle undertones are genius!!!!! The plan of attack by JM is like a battleplan. Moo. Its a combination of surgical as well as bold/in your face--how else would one deal with a psychofreakshow like JA?!?
:great

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member