TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #13

Status
Not open for further replies.

imamaze

Former Member
Reaction score
Hailey20Dunn-120lr.gif

Hailey is 13 years old. She was heading to stay with a friend on Monday Dec. 27th but never made it. She is 5'1" with hazel eyes and brown hair. She also has pierced ears. She was last seen at 1804 Chestnut, wearing navy blue sweat pants, a light colored T-shirt and pink and white shoes.
Anyone who has seen Hailey contact the Colorado City Police Dept. at 325-728-5294

Thread #1
Thread #2
Thread #3
Thread #4
Thread #5
Thread #6
Thread #7
Thread #8
Thread #9
Thread #10
Thread #11
Thread #12

Media Links

You must read this post and hit the 'thanks' button before you post in this thread.
We do not allow rumors to be posted or perpetuated at WS. Do not post a rumor or respond to a rumor.
Direct quotes and screenshots from social networking sites are not allowed at WS.
You may discuss what is on a social networking site but must include the link. However, do not discuss or link to sites that are private.
Please do not post about other posters. That is a TOS violation because it is rude. It’s like talking behind someone’s back.
The only appropriate way to respond to problematic posts is to hit the alert button. We will then look at the post and handle it asap. Do not respond to a problematic post. That compounds the problem and delays the solution.
We do not allow the posting of personal information about people who have not been named as a POI or suspect by LE or MSM.
You must include a link to where you found the information in your post.
Just because a person is connected to a case doesn't mean we can immediately start using his/her name, even if it is an adult. There is no need to drag innocent people through the mud.
If people start talking to the media about the case then yes, they have decided they want their identity known. Then you can use their names in posts here at WS.
If suspects and family members are talked about in the major media outlets, you can use their names in posts here at WS.
We don't allow name posting of minors’ names, except for Hailey's, of course. We DO NOT SLEUTH MINORS. This is a serious infraction and will result in TO's.
The full WS TOS and "rules" can be found here: The Rules

'Insiders' or "Locals"
Before you post ANY inside information that could help this case PLEASE report it to the police first. Here at Websleuths, we don't care about having "scoops" or "bombshells." We care about the cases, the people involved, and making sure Websleuths is not hindering the investigation by allowing people to post inside information that the police do not have yet.
If you know Hailey or her family and want to post about her, then WS admin needs to talk to you. Please email wsverify@xmission.com
Include:
The case
Your Websleuths name
Your phone number and a good time to call
Your real name.
In the subject line please put which case you are asking to be verified on.
It will all be kept strictly confidential.
Unless what you are saying can be verified by law enforcement and/or the media, it is not considered a "fact" here. You may personally know for 100% certainty that it is true, but unless you are verified and/or can back it up with a link, we do have to consider it to be a rumor. This is not to single anyone out or to ignore information, but to maintain the integrity of a case and keep the best interests of the victims at the forefront.
Please do what is right by the case first before you post anything on Websleuths.
Do not post about private conversations with case players unless the case player is aware that the conversation is going public.
If you are a local or insider and your posts do not include any "inside" information, you do not need to be verified. Please remember, however, that information as simple as what Mom does for a living or where BF works are considered inside information.

Check for professional and locals here...

Professional Posters & Verified Locals/Insiders

czgtz: Hailey Dunn case
Redcat is a verified local in the Hailey Dunn case
mommajack: Hailey Dunn Case
40G!GZ7: Hailey Dunn case
spankysmom: Hailey Dunn case
ajk: Hailey Dunn case
smalltownmom71 is a verified local Hailey Dunn case
regresmom is a verified local Hailey Dunn case
msyanas: Hailey Dunn case

Please Continue here...

Couldn't remember his name so had to go find the MSM article:

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=329326

Okay - well all I can say this is a HUGE RED FLAG if someone is inserting themselves into a search with this type of conviction. Let's just have a child SO out running around with god knows who around how many kids in the woods. Sorry if this offends anyone but he should keep his rear end him his home. My opinion.

Darnit - I lost my post I was responding to.

In regards to this issue of this SO. It was stated his home was searched early on. I hope the FEDS were the ones who searched it or re-searched it??

wow alot of stuff over the ipod. Who's to say it's not a knock off? My daughter had a knock off one. She couldn't get to facebook on it. BUT she would go on my iphone facebook app log me out and login under her account and post. You can do the same thing on an ipod touch. So this could be a friends ipod or maybe gma has an iphone. Kids do it all the time on each others phones and ipods. How often did she post and it said via iphone? If not very many times then she probably used someone else's device.
Mom could be telling the truth about the knock off ipod...just sayin

From TExas Mist on the other thread-

"peeple, I hate to break this to ya but NG doesn't always get the facts straight...generally WSerz know more about a case than her.

It's just with this case, we know next to nothing."

AHHHH Ok.. LOL i'm kinda new to all this.. I lurked for a while, but never made it a point to watch her :)

Thanks!

wow alot of stuff over the ipod. Who's to say it's not a knock off? My daughter had a knock off one. She couldn't get to facebook on it. BUT she would go on my iphone facebook app log me out and login under her account and post. You can do the same thing on an ipod touch. So this could be a friends ipod or maybe gma has an iphone. Kids do it all the time on each others phones and ipods. How often did she post and it said via iphone? If not very many times then she probably used someone else's device.
Mom could be telling the truth about the knock off ipod...just sayin

Actually, Billie hasn't said a word about it. Her friend on here has said what Billie told her and tonite, NG answered the question asked about the itouch.

Do we know if BD's phone is an iphone?

Just wanted to help with the whole IPOD discussion. When honey was on his way overseas last time, he purchased one of those knock off IPod's in Germany. Thing works great. As long as you have a wifi connection, you can do just about anything with that thing. Even surf the internet. I have gone on my facebook with it and it'll say posted by Iphone. Even tho the one we have is NOT made by Apple and is not an Iphone. It's just the way facebook reads the application.
And you do not need to have it hooked to a computer to do anything. You can download tons of applications right to the thing while you are in a wifi spot.
Think of it more like a very small portable laptop and not as a phone.

I have a question for anyone knowledgeable about SAR dogs: the dogs they brought in to track - - - would they only pick up scent of a live person? If that person was deceased, would they still pick up that persons scent if the body was hidden inside something at a place for a very short period of time?

I'm back. Going to skim through the last of thread 12, will keep this one open also. Let me say that I do not think you have heard the last from Billie.... so, (and please keep in mind that I am only one person) y'all tell me what the most pressing questions that need to be cleared up - and please, when I say most pressing, I mean that might give some clue, or maybe jar her memory about something that we all (family and friends) have thought irrelevant. I will try my best to answer them, but more importantly, I will give them to Billie and see if she can bring them up - again, if they are relevant to finding Hailey.

Hopefully, you can hear the answers straight from her this coming week. I asked her about not talking much tonight. Again, she does not control the direction of any interview, but I really think that she just doesn't know what else to say. Not that she is trying to hide anything, just that she feels like she has repeated herself over and over. And she has..... but a lot of it was to LE, and no one else heard. Please understand that she is distraught and of course is not at her peak - but she is holding up as well as can be expected, trying to remain optimistic.

I have a question for anyone knowledgeable about SAR dogs: the dogs they brought in to track - - - would they only pick up scent of a live person? If that person was deceased, would they still pick up that persons scent if the body was hidden inside something at a place for a very short period of time?
I'll try. They brought in bloodhounds that track a live, human scent. To find (and track) a dead body you need to use a cadavar dog. Different training - different dogs.

I have not heard a word about any cadavar dogs brought in.

SARX - am I right?

I thought we had seen cases that were just a big old mess before.

I do believe both parents, for the most part, at least as far as knowing where Hailey is now. But I wish one or the other of them could speak up as to when they last saw her. It has been so vague, no mention at all as to what her plans were Sunday, what she did on Sunday, when she went to bed, etc...who saw her?? When? I understand Billie was on her day off Sunday and maybe tired. And also that NG is not about to let anyone finish a sentence. But it would be good to hear, plainly stated, when they each recall last seeing and intereacting with her.

"Have any of the locals confirmed Byerley's allegation that Hailey was staying with her dad for about a month before she vanished?"

Please do not believe anything that comes out of this woman's mouth. I believe that in the TOS, it says that if someone chooses to be quoted in the media, that they can be sleuthed.... am I correct? And if so, have any of you tried to do just that?

I just want to put this out there, because of some speculation, on the last thread. I've known all kinds of pot smokers, & it doesn't really affect your senses. Clint Dunn seems very clear headed, & whether he smokes or not, IMO, is beside the point.

I really want to find out and clear up this ITouch.

First, I grilled my 16 yr old today about and ITouch. It is simply a fancy IPod. You can text from it - but you have to download a free app and have internet access. When you receive a text from an ITouch it shows up as your name and an out of state phone humber (a clearing house that is connected with the app). So, I would think that by using that phone number - there are records - and with the FBI - they can probably get them. As far as knowing when it came from - yes, but all that says is that ITouch sent that text at that time.

You cannot use it as a phone.

If Hailey was using her ITouch to text (which we think so from the fb postings) then I think its very important that LE get those texts.

Its interesting that first the ITouch was missing (per Billie's friend on here) and now tonight it was a "knock off" IPod that is broken.

Either way - WHERE IS IT? Does LE have it? Is it missing all together?

I think its important.

I just wanted to bring this over from the previous thread.

First off, you cannot use an iTouch as a phone but it is possible to attach a microphone to it and Skype from it. Instuctions can be found on the Skype website. So basically, as long as you have wifi you can talk to anyone in the world for free.

But BO says it was a knock-off iTouch. Which basically means it was just a generic MP3 player. While there might be apps available for that MP3 player to post on FaceBook, it would NEVER say that the post was made from an iPhone/iTouch. Which begs the question, where did Hailey get the iPhone that she was posting to FaceBook from?????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail