James Kolar's New Book Will Blow the Lid off the JonBenet Ramsey Investigation

To be fair Roy, there are several theories where RDI but one for the IDI.
So it would make sense for extra evidence to whittle down the RDI theories.
After all, that's what science is all about, refining in order to find the actual truth.

Surely you're happy with that?

I got no problem with that. None. But even some of the DNA is misrepresented in a big big way. But let me get my book and read it and we will continue the discussion. I got from Mr. Kolar that someone who knows how to kill, killed JBR. Somebody is a sadistic person cobwebs or no cobwebs and entry points. Lets play nice okay.

SeekingJana, I wouldn't think of trying to convince you change your mind -- I can see you have it made up about that issue. I understand. But at least think about this:

Have you ever seen a child hit, strike, push, bite, or even kick another child out of anger, or as a quick reaction to something said or done? And in that state of anger, can you imagine that if they had an object in their hand at the time, do you doubt that they might use that object in their anger and with a child's lack of judgment of the possible future repercussions?

If it happened (and it does) that wouldn't necessarily mean that the child was a monster, or that he/she was evil.

I'm not saying that that has to be what happened, but can you really say that it didn't and not even consider it? That just could be why the "killer" has never been identified. Maybe there was no murder that ever happened there. Maybe everyone was looking for a monster that never existed.

Just sayin'.

When my children were young, my 2 year old daughter hit her 4 year old brother in the head with the soft, padded end of a stick horse. He wanted it, and she wouldn't let him have it. She knocked him out cold, but thankfully only briefly.

Had it been a golf club....just sayin

Jezuz, people. If you don't want to read the book, don't.

The things which have transpired over this book were out of Tricia's control. If she and Kolar miscalculated some elements which held the publication up, she still did the best she could. FOR US.

As for Kolar SELLING a book it took him years to write, based on investigating it took him YEARS to do, the man works for a living. It also costs money to publish a book, and clearly he wanted to control how it was published so chose to put that money up himself instead of getting a fat check up front from a publishing house which would have a taken a lot of that control away. I'm sure many of you would do this all for free, but some people can't.

I for one can't imagine how hard it was for Kolar to decide to put his professional career in law enforcement on the line in the same place he's worked and lived for most of his adult life. I thought he spoke as any professional LE with any skill always does: reserved, objective, with careful deliberation, and very cautiously. That's the nature of his job. He reminded me a lot of Steve Thomas that way.

However you want to interpret what he said, clearly that is exactly what he intended and said: make up your own mind.

But if you haven't read the book, and at this point little has actually been quoted from it that I've seen, how can you make up your mind about what's in it?

I regret that I haven't been able to post my notes and some quotes yet, but life doesn't unfold according to my wishes, either, and right now I'm dealing with a medical issue taking precedence. Hopefully this weekend we'll all have some time to be more thorough, with better detail, in our discussions.

And I understand the disappointment that expectations haven't been met in the form of answers to all our questions yet. We didn't know what to expect and that it turned out to be a book we have to order and read did put the brakes on the disclosures we all anxiously want to see. We're hardly impatient, after 15 years of waiting.

But it is what it is. I'm reading the book as I can under my personal circumstances; until I have read more and have time to collect my thoughts and then write them down, I know I'm not much help.

Maybe I can share a few things later tonight.

I got no problem with that. None. But even some of the DNA is misrepresented in a big big way. But let me get my book and read it and we will continue the discussion. I got from Mr. Kolar that someone who knows how to kill, killed JBR. Somebody is a sadistic person cobwebs or no cobwebs and entry points. Lets play nice okay.

Err...I am playing nice, can't you see me smiling at my desk?

Well hey you kind of attacked me on that front so I am respectfully defending myself. This whole book being marketed as "Bombshell" and "the Truth" has lots of information that debunks some RDI theories. Now I am not saying it is true but if you take him at his word, it does. And it does even when Mr. Kolar was pushed by RDI's on the radio show. IDI doesn't sell, RDI does. I give him credit he didn't bite too much even though he is RDI.

Lots of RDI's reevaluating today, trust me on that. I totally disagree with Ms. Tricia on her stance on this case. But let me say, I commend her on what she has done and to provide the stage to keep this whole case in the media. I want to criticize and hug her at the same time. I hope she can respect that. This is about the truth and justice for JBR.

Thank you Roy. Yes I respect what you are saying and thank you for being so honest.

What does Kolar says about

Pictures from Whites party.
Ransom note on those stairs.
John Andrew keeping the movie stubs.
Family wanting to "move on with their lives" days after the murder.
Missing phone records.
Did they test the man screaming about John Ramsey
MyTwinn doll delivered in the name of Jonbenet to John's office on New Years day.
Barbie doll next to Jonbenet's body on a white blanket (kinda like Jonbenet)
Jonbenet's dolls were removed from crime scene. Was the duct tape on the doll a match to Jonbenet's?
John and Fleet White were in the basement before they found her and Fleet checked the room and didn't see her. Was it too dark?
Burke says Jonbenet walked in the house and the parents say she was sleeping.
3rd voice was on 911 call.
Jonbenet ate pineapple 30 minutes before she died.
Burke and Patsy's fingerprints were on pineapple bowl.
Patsy said only 2 people know who killed her when note said a foreign faction.
Burke was removed from the house, didn't ask questions.
Burke won't talk to LE to say he doesn't know anything.
"A Nick of Time" which aired that night about a cop who kidnaps a 6 year old.
John went to the room.
the knots were loose on Jonbenet.
No one heard scream except a neighbor.
Pilot light was out that night.
Did they test everyone in contact with Jonbenet?
911 call on December 23, Jonbenet saying she didn't feel pretty.
Dictionary opened to incest.

OK, then. I would like to hear Mr. Kolar explain how a small 9 year old boy managed to strike a blow to JonBenet's head which resulted in the long scull fracture. The blow was struck with enormous force. I am very familiar with head trauma, and I have never known of a case where a child was able to deliver what would have been a killing blow to another child with a fully formed and closed skull ( not an infant, in other words).

I remain convinced that an adult was responsible for the head injury.
I do not believe any adult assisted a 9 year old child in the murder of a 6 year old!

Likewise, Burke was not legally culpable. If there was some sort of bizarre death, why would innocent parents cover for him to the point of writing the " War and Peace" of fake ransom notes?

An adult killed JonBenet, IMO, based upon the known case facts!!
Burke may have been a weird kid. I heard many anecdotes which pointed to an aloof, possibly troubled child from mothers of his school mates in Marietta. However, being weird or troubled doesn't make him a killer.

IMO, the ENTIRE Paugh family is weirder than weird. That doesn't make them suspects or killers!! Although I strongly suspect Patsy Paugh Ramsey did kill her own daughter.

Jana, I'd like to point out that Burke wasn't a small child at the time of his sister's death. He was much taller than his little sister. There's a family photo around here somewhere (Grandpa and Grandma Paugh with the children) that was taken in a time period, December 1996, near JonBenet's death. The photo appears in the photo section of the Ramsey's book "Death of Innocence" just next to page 179. Both children, JonBenet and Burke are standing and Burke is much taller than his sister. In fact, in the photo Burke is standing next to his grandpa and comes up to mid chest of his grandpa, who looks to be fairly tall himself.

I do believe whoever hit JonBenet in the head did so in a rage. And possibly she was laying down and the person doing the hitting was standing above when they lashed out to quiet her when she screamed Christmas night. I do think that striking out in a rage can give the person more strengh.

From way back, I've been a BDI. I believe if Burke caused his sisters death, that would be the only reason the parents would stage a coverup to protect the person responsible and would not go to the trouble of covering for each other.

Patsy and John Ramsey had a standing in the community. They were wealthy and wanted everyone to know. They also were arrogrant and could not have lived with the fact their son was involved in the death of his younger sister. Even if the laws in Colorado at the time prevented a child that age from being charged or convicted in a crime of this type.

This is all, of course, my own opinion. But, I'm sticking to it.

PS: If anyone has that photo, can you post it here for all of us to see the difference in the children's size. Thanks.

It wasn't a complex garotte
And it really wasn't a garotte.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2

Right you are rpgman. I think it was John Ramsey who first referred to the rope as a "professional garrotte."

Come on, my sis and I had a rope tied something like that when we were kids. We used it mainly to pull our sled up the hill in the winter snow. It was also handy for making a tree swing.

Just my O

"I'm telling Mom"
"You better not!"
WHACK

I'm not necessarily believing the idea, but I think when someone gets in a rage they act a lot stronger than they might otherwise be.

Just sayin'.

Jana, I'd like to point out that Burke wasn't a small child at the time of his sister's death. He was much taller than his little sister. There's a family photo around here somewhere (Grandpa and Grandma Paugh with the children) that was taken in a time period, December 1996, near JonBenet's death. The photo appears in the photo section of the Ramsey's book "Death of Innocence" just next to page 179. Both children, JonBenet and Burke are standing and Burke is much taller than his sister. In fact, in the photo Burke is standing next to his grandpa and comes up to mid chest of his grandpa, who looks to be fairly tall himself.

I do believe whoever hit JonBenet in the head did so in a rage. And possibly she was laying down and the person doing the hitting was standing above when they lashed out to quiet her when she screamed Christmas night. I do think that striking out in a rage can give the person more strengh.

From way back, I've been a BDI. I believe if Burke caused his sisters death, that would be the only reason the parents would stage a coverup to protect the person responsible and would not go to the trouble of covering for each other.

Patsy and John Ramsey had a standing in the community. They were wealthy and wanted everyone to know. They also were arrogrant and could not have lived with the fact their son was involved in the death of his younger sister. Even if the laws in Colorado at the time prevented a child that age from being charged or convicted in a crime of this type.

PS: If anyone has that photo, can you post it here for all of us to see the difference in the children's size. Thanks.

I don't have DOI....But did you mean this picture:

l_ec23a80f8ffb016eb40c18e0cfd33696.jpg

If it's the one you're thinking of, are you sure it's from Dec 1996? JonBenet's hair looks shorter.

And Wow, I just realized that JonBenet's plaid skirt is just like the plaid skirts Patsy's bridesmaids wore....

Because Kolar begins his book by interweaving speculation, theory, and facts, which I think you can only understand and appreciate by reading it yourself, I'm going to just quote some things that I noted as significant info, from an evidentiary point of view, for me anyway.

From Foreign Faction: Who Really Kidnapped JonBenet Ramsey?

Regarding the head blow, in the "kidnapping" scenario he creates at the beginning, Kolar writes:

From p. 15:

The injury to her brain was serious, and for all intents and purposes, she gave the appearance of being dead. But that eventually was determined not to be the case. Her heart continued to beat for what was estimated by pathologists to be another ninety (90) minutes, slowly filling her cranium with blood. Due to the lethality of the blow to her head, however, it is unlikely that she ever regained consciousness.

From p. 16:

Death was ruled by the coroner to be homicide by asphyxiation, and time of death was later estimated to have been at approximately 1:00 a.m. on the morning of December 26, 1996.

I know TOD has been debated and this has been the general consensus on the forums, but it has always been ambiguous as far as a LE source. Maybe it's just been too long since I read the early books, but this is why I appreciate Kolar's concise revisiting of the evidence like this. He speaks from the case file information.

After completing his "kidnapping" scenario attempting to explain the evidence as the work of the Foreign Faction, Kolar changes to straight up recounting of the case as it unfolded in reality. Most of this we are all very familiar with, but through they years a lot has been disputed or forgotten, and for those who are new to the case and want to catch up, it's a very well-written summary of what happened that morning, taken from police reports, interviews, and witness statements available to Kolar.

So take or leave the following as it suits you:

P. 26:

[BPD Officer] Reichenbach was shown the ransom note on the floor and, reading it, he began to formulate a response plan to the kidnapping. The note had specifically stated that the family was being watched. It seemed unlikely that a kidnapper would be parked outside the Ramsey home watching for police activity, but it wasn't unreasonable to think they could be monitoring police radio frequencies, so Reichenbach ordered radio silence for the remainder of the call. Any further communication between officers working the case would be conducted by cell phone.

I include this because it explains another point of view about why the BPD presence in the home wasn't considered to be a problem. Also the decision to use cell phones to prevent radio monitoring also fits with the information we have from other sources (among them, Thomas' book and John Ramsey himself in his Wolf deposition) that the BPD "borrowed" the Ramseys' cell phones that morning because the BPD said their cell phone batteries were dead, as well. (You all know my thoughts about the cell phone issues.)

Kolar details that John and Patsy both told LE, as well as others in the house that morning at various times, the doors and windows were all locked, even checked by them that morning and the night before. Kolar's information comes from police reports and interviews with those with the Ramseys that morning.

Page 36:

The ransom note stated that kidnappers would call with instructions for the family between "8:00 and 10:00 am" and the passage of this time came and went, without any observed comment from Ramsey. It wasn't long after this that Arndt lost track of his movements. She reported that she first made note of his absence at around 1040 hours, and he didn't reappear until noon. Nearly 1 1/2 years would pass before John Ramsey explained this absence.

How many times have we seen Ramsey change this story? I include it because Ramsey has whittled his absence down to about 10 minutes at this point in his telling of the events.

Here's something we haven't heard before:

Page 37:

French had remained at the home throughout the morning and observed additional behavioral clues that tickled his sixth sense. For one, Patsy Ramsey had wanted him to remove his gun belt and uniform shirt as he stood by in the house. He thought it an odd request since he was there protecting the family against members of a "foreign faction" who had entered her home and kidnapped her daughter.

Arndt was left alone in the home after the ransom call did not come by 10 a.m. This led to the infamous blunder she will be remembered for, and we all know how this went. But I think it's worth remembering what led to her mistake.

Page 37:

She had observed a marked difference in John Ramsey's mood when he re-surfaced at noon. He was anxiously pacing around the house shortly before 1300 hours, and in an attempt to keep his mind occupied, Arndt suggested that he check the house from "top to bottom" for anything unusual.

Kolar wrote that Detective Whitson had called the FBI early that morning to assist with the kidnappinig. On p. 41 he writes that after the body had been found by John and Fleet, "...Sergeant Larry Mason arrived on the scene at 1320 hours and was accompanied by Denver FBI Supervisory Agent Ron Walker. They had learned of the discovery of JonBenet's body while meeting on the investigation at the Boulder Police Department."

Kolar writes here of John's call to arrange a flight to Atlanta that afternoon, when John said something strange:

Page 41:

The nature of this call was passed along to Mason, and he too spoke with Ramsey about leaving town. John Ramsey reportedly told Mason that he had to leave to attend a meeting "he couldn't miss." Sergeant Mason eventually convinced the father of the murdered child of the necessity of remaining in Boulder.

We all know Ramsey's excuses about that, but later in the book it gets even stranger. Father Holverstock, the Ramseys' pastor who had been called to the home by Fernie to help calm the Ramseys early that morning, was interviewed by LE:

Page 88

Father Holverstock advised he had been heating a glass of water in the kitchen microwave when things began to happen. Fleet White had a look on his face that he'd "never seen before," and racing past him through the kitchen, exclaimed that JonBenet had been found.

The next thing he knew, he was standing in the foyer area near the top of the basement stairs, and John Ramsey had his daughter in his hands. It was Holverstock's recollection that Ramsey blurted out, "I don't think he meant to kill her, because she was wrapped in a blanket," or that "she was warm, she was wrapped in a blanket."

Kolar has already recounted by this point that White and Arndt both said the child was cold to the touch, with the smell of death, Arndt said.

I have to stop here. Others who have the book might want to bring in the details they find important.

In particular, I want to go over chapters 5 and 6. At this point in the book, Kolar begins recounting details about the autopsy, with many revelations about Dr. Meyer's findings and actions as he determined there were prior vaginal injuries and called a meeting of an existing Boulder committee of child safety and abuse professionals to decide what to do next.

And to me, this is what we've long awaited.

Where have you been when I have been trying to explain to Chrishope why it's not absurd that they would stage to protect
Burke if he did it? He needs to read someone else's perspective rather than mine cuz he just couldn't see it...

Here, I pass the baton to you - you take over.... On the 'Are the Ramseys Involved' thread, if you please.... Or at least provide a thanks :)

Thank you Koldkase... thank you, thank you, thank you! I am ordering the book tomorrow through the publisher, but in the interim this helps immensely.

PS

So sorry to hear of your medical issues- hope things turn out well.

Thank you Koldkase... thank you, thank you, thank you! I am ordering the book tomorrow through the publisher, but in the interim this helps immensely.

PS

So sorry to hear of your medical issues- hope things turn out well.

Thanks so much for your concern. It's just hubs having his routine colonoscopy in the morning. But he's going through all that awful 3 day prep and he's like a baby--has to have my attention, tore up the plumbing in the yard all day trying to find a small pipe leak, ill as a badger :maddening:, Georgia clay all over the house and his clothes...I'm exhausted!

I clearly haven't read any of the book, but those tidbits are worrying me about the third member of the family. It's easy for two family members to say they didn't kill if they actually didn't.

This is really starting to be a worry.

Because Kolar begins his book by interweaving speculation, theory, and facts, which I think you can only understand and appreciate by reading it yourself, I'm going to just quote some things that I noted as significant info, from an evidentiary point of view, for me anyway.

From Foreign Faction: Who Really Kidnapped JonBenet Ramsey?

Regarding the head blow, in the "kidnapping" scenario he creates at the beginning, Kolar writes:

From p. 15:

From p. 16:

I know TOD has been debated and this has been the general consensus on the forums, but it has always been ambiguous as far as a LE source. Maybe it's just been too long since I read the early books, but this is why I appreciate Kolar's concise revisiting of the evidence like this. He speaks from the case file information.

After completing his "kidnapping" scenario attempting to explain the evidence as the work of the Foreign Faction, Kolar changes to straight up recounting of the case as it unfolded in reality. Most of this we are all very familiar with, but through they years a lot has been disputed or forgotten, and for those who are new to the case and want to catch up, it's a very well-written summary of what happened that morning, taken from police reports, interviews, and witness statements available to Kolar.

So take or leave the following as it suits you:

P. 26:

I include this because it explains another point of view about why the BPD presence in the home wasn't considered to be a problem. Also the decision to use cell phones to prevent radio monitoring also fits with the information we have from other sources (among them, Thomas' book and John Ramsey himself in his Wolf deposition) that the BPD "borrowed" the Ramseys' cell phones that morning because the BPD said their cell phone batteries were dead, as well. (You all know my thoughts about the cell phone issues.)

Kolar details that John and Patsy both told LE, as well as others in the house that morning at various times, the doors and windows were all locked, even checked by them that morning and the night before. Kolar's information comes from police reports and interviews with those with the Ramseys that morning.

Page 36:

How many times have we seen Ramsey change this story? I include it because Ramsey has whittled his absence down to about 10 minutes at this point in his telling of the events.

Here's something we haven't heard before:

Page 37:

Arndt was left alone in the home after the ransom call did not come by 10 a.m. This led to the infamous blunder she will be remembered for, and we all know how this went. But I think it's worth remembering what led to her mistake.

Page 37:

Kolar wrote that Detective Whitson had called the FBI early that morning to assist with the kidnappinig. On p. 41 he writes that after the body had been found by John and Fleet, "...Sergeant Larry Mason arrived on the scene at 1320 hours and was accompanied by Denver FBI Supervisory Agent Ron Walker. They had learned of the discovery of JonBenet's body while meeting on the investigation at the Boulder Police Department."

Kolar writes here of John's call to arrange a flight to Atlanta that afternoon, when John said something strange:

Page 41:

We all know Ramsey's excuses about that, but later in the book it gets even stranger. Father Holverstock, the Ramseys' pastor who had been called to the home by Fernie to help calm the Ramseys early that morning, was interviewed by LE:

Page 88

Kolar has already recounted by this point that White and Arndt both said the child was cold to the touch, with the smell of death, Arndt said.

I have to stop here. Others who have the book might want to bring in the details they find important.

In particular, I want to go over chapters 5 and 6. At this point in the book, Kolar begins recounting details about the autopsy, with many revelations about Dr. Meyer's findings and actions as he determined there were prior vaginal injuries and called a meeting of an existing Boulder committee of child safety and abuse professionals to decide what to do next.

And to me, this is what we've long awaited.
Thanks for your whole post, but I especially like your phrase, 'whittled his absence down'. There's been a lot of whittling and wiggling from JR, and I wish somebody in authority, would hold him in check. MOO.

I clearly haven't read any of the book, but those tidbits are worrying me about the third member of the family. It's easy for two family members to say they didn't kill if they actually didn't.

This is really starting to be a worry.

what I've heard so far just reinforces my BDI beliefs.
Thanks KoldKase for the quotes since I can't afford the book right now:((
hope the ones who bought/read it share some more

and my God,that stuff about JR being worried about missing a meeting?wtf?I am so glad I trusted my instincts once again,I always believed their BEHAVIOR is the most telling piece of evidence.

No.....I didn't hear the radio show....
I suppose that means he said it was a complex garrotte or something to that effect...? I'll have to listen if I can go back and listen to it, if possible, or get a transcript or whatever, to know what he said.

Don't know if Tricia keeps the recordings of the shows and I can go back and listen to them like a podcast...

But, without having listened, if it was about the word being a 'garrotte', doesn't matter - that's a 'word'. If it was a description by him about the knots being complex - we've also speculated about this before as well, that even so, a Ramsey still could have made it: Patsy knew macrame and knots, John knew military and sailing knots, and Burke knew knots and made items and boats and stuff out of ropes...

So, even though you were being facetious about Burke learning how to make 'complex garrottes' in the Scouts, he still could have learned how to make survival items with knots and shapes with ropes, which he was known to do.... including whittling sticks around the house as well.... so in fact, to answer your facetious question, the answer is yes but not to the smit-generated-red-herring-complex-garrotte-making-only-for-killing-inference that you are making....

Just like when you go back and reiterate things that have already been proven not accurate anymore.... like Mark B. and Stan G. unexonerating the Ramseys....

hi
It's at about 92 minutes if you want to listen.
He didn't say it was "complex" but he did indicate it was effective in that it was used to "facilitate the strangulation" and that hair had been pulled out of JonBenet's head and neck, which was found in the loop of the handle and the cord....
this suggests it was effective ..he also made the point that the cord was embedded in her neck...and that it was constructed at the scene and not brought in from outside..

as you say it's a word , but it seems to me that RDI don't want to use the word garotte because it doesn't sit comfortably with something a parent would use against a child..and to such effect as evidenced by the hairs being pulled out and the cord embedded deep in her neck.... of course it also doesn't mean a parent could not have used this...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truecrime-hazeleyes
Back