Armchair Psych discussion of Jodi Arias

Status
Not open for further replies.
With this theory in mind, TA had to be out of his own mind then to allow JA back into his house for the purpose of participating in more sex and another photo shoot. How does this fact (fact right?) fit into this picture/theory?

Peeps, we have some facts that we can't just twist around to fit any story that we think sounds good. :banghead:
I do not believe he let her in the house or had sex with her on June 4.

DT filed a motion to sequester the jury due to interview tapes and journal entries being released to the media. JS denied motion b/c there is no foundation that the jurors have seen this material. Simply another ploy from the DT.:please: DT also brought up the motion for mistrial before the court again citing another witness that will presumably testify at a later date.
The jury was invited back in. JA stood up all nice and pretty for them as they entered. Just like she has done so many times before. It makes me sick. :sick:.

When I heard the judge deliver her answer, which was "no", she was talking to the prosecutor. I assumed he was the one who filed the motion to sequester.

http://www.tucsonnewsnow.com/story/21884976/arias-judge-denies-motion-to-sequester-jurors
Found a link, the defense filed the motion to sequester.

You know what? Just F-U- LaVioletta

You are full of **** and Jodi is a murdering effing murderer

I have really tried to be objective about this testimony, but I have been a battered woman [I know I have a male monicker, but that is just my favorite deceased kitty] and I survived it, along with the childhood abuse that I am sure led me into being battered, and I am horrified by what she is doing.

I do not believe he let her in the house or had sex with her on June 4.

Okay, but the most compelling evidence the prosecution has presented are the pictures capturing both the sex they had earlier in the day along with the brutal images of Travis.

Okay, but the most compelling evidence the prosecution has presented are the pictures capturing both the sex they had earlier in the day along with the brutal images of Travis.
True, but this the investigators and prosecutors needed ......I do not believe it unfolded that way. Jodi will not say anything as they already pinned her at the place and she has gone the self-defense route. I could be wrong, but it is an intuitive theory.

DT filed a motion to sequester the jury due to interview tapes and journal entries being released to the media. JS denied motion b/c there is no foundation that the jurors have seen this material. Simply another ploy from the DT.:please: DT also brought up the motion for mistrial before the court again citing another witness that will presumably testify at a later date.
The jury was invited back in. JA stood up all nice and pretty for them as they entered. Just like she has done so many times before. It makes me sick. :sick:.

Can you provide a link please?
When I heard the judge deliver her answer, which was "no", she was talking to the prosecutor. I assumed he was the one who filed the motion to sequester.

http://www.tucsonnewsnow.com/story/21884976/arias-judge-denies-motion-to-sequester-jurors

I beg your pardon! You're right the DT filed the motion to sequester. Sorry.

Thanks for sharing. Was your brother ever turned in for assault on the family members? Breaking your fathers ribs is not acceptable, I think, even as a father, I would have called the police at that point. Or some point in time sooner.
I am sorry you had to go through that, but glad you made it out.

Honestly I can't remember if he went to jail for breaking my Dad's ribs. He did several stints of time in our city for violence. There was many restraining orders that my parents filed. He'd break in the house when we weren't there and show up even with restraining orders. The police were at our home regularly. I am almost 50 hrs. And the professionals that were involved ie. Police, judges, probation officers and therapist, doctors did not know how to treat him. Mental health has come along way since then in it's understanding of the illness. However, services have been cut drastically and mental institutions closed from government cutbacks. Many people are displaced and are now on the streets. My brother served 7 yrs federal time and served his full sentence so was never released with parole conditions. He lives in a large city but the police know of him and track were he lives. His behavior continued (ofcourse as never treated) after release from prison. One of the things i have come to know is that he does not think he's sick. That is the first step to wellness recognizing the illness in yourself. Much thanks to all of the folks that have taken time to share kind words + similar experiences.

Do we know if there is sex tape? SMK: the pictures of the 2 naked Jodi has hair colored. Would the pictures would be in sequence on camera? If so, then the hair colour would lead you to believe that pictures were from the day Travis died.

Do we know if there is sex tape? SMK: the pictures of the 2 naked Jodi has hair colored. Would the pictures would be in sequence on camera? If so, then the hair colour would lead you to believe that pictures were from the day Travis died.
Yes, the hair color would indicate that. I am not sure if there is a sex tape.
I still believe there is something off about the whole June 4 thing but I suppose we will never know the real story....

Many doctors and therapists will not even accept BPD’s as patients. We’ve been fortunate enough to find a skilled adolescent DBT therapist who partners with a good psych for medications. 9 months in to that pairing we’re seeing progress. But even the right therapies don’t help if the patient won’t engage. She is actively working her therapies so we’re hopeful she’ll be able to turn things around before the personality becomes cast in stone.

Unfortunately, this is true, but slowly changing. Many therapist / doctors are not skilled in dbt which has only been around since the early 00's. Even then it wasn't widespread and it still isn't in all areas of the country. It is growing, and is showing to be roughly 60% success rate.

Prior to dbt we were, and still are, seen as difficult patients without much hope for success, and creating a lot of frustrations for doctors/therapists. In regards to your daughter she really needs to see a therapist with some knowledge of dbt and willing to work with her on it. I'm not sure how much you know about dbt here's a workbook that you can buy off of amazon.
Amazon.com: The Dialectical Behavior Therapy Skills Workbook for Anxiety: Breaking Free from Worry, Panic, PTSD, and Other Anxiety Symptoms (9781572249547): Alexander L. Chapman PhD RPsych, Kim L. Gratz PhD, Matthew Tull PhD, Terence Keane PhD: Books

and you can also visit this website which is the complete dbt program online for free..

www.dbtselfhelp.com

have questions pm me.

She could easily have changed hair colour back + forth. Can photo's be out of line in digital cameras on purpose? I think she seduced him into letting her in. Young men can be easily govrrned by sexual desire as can young women. Ah.youth.

She could easily have changed hair colour back + forth. Can photo's be out of line in digital cameras on purpose? I think she seduced him into letting her in. Young men can be easily govrrned by sexual desire as can young women. Ah.youth.
Good point - and yes, they can.

What is different here is that if you look at the texts, by late May he saw Jodi as insane and a real threat to his reputation and his life. He was turned off by her. The kind of harrassment she gave him is not a sexual turn on - it is a turn off. It just seems very, very suspicious to me. Those pics always struck me as being from a prior time...:moo:

This to me is appalling: If you are trained as a therapist then you should be there to help, not just accepting cushy and easy patients. She did tell her other doctor of the problem she encountered and he told her that these therapists should be reported.

Some truth to the cushy / easy patient parts... however, to be fair, to the therapists definitely prior to 00 and probably slightly after there was no treatment that proved successful. We were basically more difficult then what we worth. More or less throwaway patients. There's no hope for us so why treat us.

I was diagnosed in 93, and all I was told is it's a personality disorder and I see things in black / white (concrete terms) which is true. That was the extent of it. I had never even heard of it back then. There were no computers. It was a topic of conversation that the doctors tried to avoid with me.

There is dbt (dialectical behavior therapy), schema therapy, mbt (mentalization based therapy) all have shown promise. The only program that I have ever been able to find is dbt, which is on average a year long. They're intense program because it attempts to work at changing behaviors which is not easy for the patient because we endure a lot of distress in the process, because we're fighting the urge to react in a way that is natural with us. A lot of dbt programs require the patient to see a dbt therapist 4x month, a weekly group meeting to go over homework (yes there is homework), and many will have a number to call when in need and skills aren't working. An individual therapist set up in a private practice for the most part doesn't have the resources to invest in this kind of treatment. The best course of action is to find a dbt program, complete that, and then find a therapist that has some knowledge of dbt. I've had success with it in some areas and then in other areas I haven't really had any. I think though anyone that takes the program will benefit in someway. I should also mention it's EXPENSIVE just the group meetings alone cost $200.00/month..

Ricochet: no human should EVER be devoid of hope and any therapist that has this viewpoint should not be in practice JMO. You have given brutally honest input to this thread and are inspiration to all thoughs living or affected with mental illness. I have hope and believe that YOU WILL be free of suffering from BPD.

Wonder if he ever did security changes to his home after her breaking in to his home? The doggie door should have been the first thing to go after she used it has entrance.

Some truth to the cushy / easy patient parts... however, to be fair, to the therapists definitely prior to 00 and probably slightly after there was no treatment that proved successful. We were basically more difficult then what we worth. More or less throwaway patients. There's no hope for us so why treat us.

I was diagnosed in 93, and all I was told is it's a personality disorder and I see things in black / white (concrete terms) which is true. That was the extent of it. I had never even heard of it back then. There were no computers. It was a topic of conversation that the doctors tried to avoid with me.

There is dbt (dialectical behavior therapy), schema therapy, mbt (mentalization based therapy) all have shown promise. The only program that I have ever been able to find is dbt, which is on average a year long. They're intense program because it attempts to work at changing behaviors which is not easy for the patient because we endure a lot of distress in the process, because we're fighting the urge to react in a way that is natural with us. A lot of dbt programs require the patient to see a dbt therapist 4x month, a weekly group meeting to go over homework (yes there is homework), and many will have a number to call when in need and skills aren't working. An individual therapist set up in a private practice for the most part doesn't have the resources to invest in this kind of treatment. The best course of action is to find a dbt program, complete that, and then find a therapist that has some knowledge of dbt. I've had success with it in some areas and then in other areas I haven't really had any. I think though anyone that takes the program will benefit in someway. I should also mention it's EXPENSIVE just the group meetings alone cost $200.00/month..
OK, I understand, and thanks for such an informative answer. I thought that these therapists were just being lazy, just wanting to chat with the easy patients: I had NO idea how involved all of this can be. I hope for many people some of the group meetings and things are covered by insurance? There must be many people in need of this treatment.....thanks once more.

Wonder if he ever did security changes to his home after her breaking in to his home? The doggie door should have been the first thing to go after she used it has entrance.
That is a VERY good point, Cate. It seems there is so much mystery surrounding May - June 4---now that you mention it, that is an important question. Should be brought up in the trial, as it is very telling RE JA being a stalker....how seriously did anyone take it???:waitasec:

After watching interrogation videi #13 and part of14, its obvious he did not know she was coming and she snuck into the house.

Unfortunately, this is true, but slowly changing. Many therapist / doctors are not skilled in dbt which has only been around since the early 00's. Even then it wasn't widespread and it still isn't in all areas of the country. It is growing, and is showing to be roughly 60% success rate.

Prior to dbt we were, and still are, seen as difficult patients without much hope for success, and creating a lot of frustrations for doctors/therapists. In regards to your daughter she really needs to see a therapist with some knowledge of dbt and willing to work with her on it..

Totally agree with you. It's getting better, but still difficult to find a therapist truly skilled in DBT, and even tougher to find one who works with adolescents. Her current therapist IS one of the few and even has a DBT skills group exclusively for adolescents. It's not easy, but we're slowly seeing a shift in the thinking patterns. Fortunately my DD can see that she needs the help and is willing to actively engage. I'm afraid that JA's parents could have done everything right and it would never have been enough. From what I've seen JA thinks the rest of the world is the problem--not her. Unless and until she was ready to change the path her life was taking, no therapy or treatment would have worked.:(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Betts79