JLM's clothes

I am double-posting this (originally I posted it in the "Search" thread #4):

The crocs make sense for someone who wants to wash up after a crime: Wade in the water, rinse in the water. Also, JM "always wore those stupid shorts" (as a friend said after viewing video), and JM wore really strangely short pants --- "high-water pants" -- in the Texas convenience store video, too. High water pants, and crocs = a person who wades a lot, and wants to keep shoes and pants free from mud and/or evidence, possibly? Point being: He could clean himself up afterwards, especially in the warmth of September and October, in a lake or stream.

Don't a lot of people who work in the medical field wear crocs?

just thinking..have we seen a photograph of his trousers? do we know for sure they were white? could be light grey/blue etc.

Perplexed 123, I have wondered if he was wearing the khaki shorts that he wore to the football game earlier that day. It is hard to tell in the vids because details are distorted, but they look white. I had to look very closely to see the checked shirt. JMPO

Ahhhh, thank you so much!!!! I guess they would have mentioned the burgundy shirt if they hadn't located it.

I'd like to know if they have his necklace ... and Hannah's watch.

Yep I remember the sock feet. The high water sweat pants he was wearing reminds me of someone who had waded in the surf. I live in a small beach town and see this 'look' frequently during the summer. The first thing the tourists do when they arrive is go out and wade in the surf. Those clothes he was wearing would have been comfy for a long drive. JMO

I'm bemused that's a fashion :escape:

About the missing clothes...as has been mentioned, JM and his roommates were in the midst of moving when this happened. If they are in the possession of a family member or friends, I wonder if they would have known what to look for before the announcement of today? In the videos of him with HG, the shirt looked white. With the stress of having a friend/family member being accused of abducting and killing a missing girl, they may not even be aware that the camera distorted the outfit he was wearing that night. It will be interesting to see if they come up with something now; but then again, if they do, we won't know about it.

So curious as to where he was moving.

He seemed to be behind in rent? Or at least seemed to owe money to the land lady for something.

Moving in with grandma?

An article said LE removed clothes. Hm. I wonder what.

He seemed to be behind in rent? Or at least seemed to owe money to the land lady for something.

Moving in with grandma?

The apartment was listed for rent sometime in August (I believe it was August), for availability in October. So, looks like they gave notice they were moving out. Maybe they found they couldn't afford it anymore after JM's girlfriend moved out?

Moving in with grandma?

I also thought they took clothes from the apartment. That's really curious...I thought warrants were fairly specific. Would they just randomly take clothes, or would they be looking for what was worn that night? What good do you think would it do to just round up clothes from JM's apartment?

jm lived on his own in upstairs flat

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2014/10/16/graham-mystery-murder-charlottesville/17216765/

Jesse Matthew Jr. lived by himself 3 miles from Charlottesville's historic downtown in a red-brick complex of garden apartments built in the late 1960s. His two-bedroom first-floor bachelor pad, which has been closed to the media until USA TODAY visited, was dominated by a large-screen TV that was frequently tuned to football games, and decorated with inspirational messages.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2014/10/16/graham-mystery-murder-charlottesville/17216765/

Jesse Matthew Jr. lived by himself 3 miles from Charlottesville's historic downtown in a red-brick complex of garden apartments built in the late 1960s. His two-bedroom first-floor bachelor pad, which has been closed to the media until USA TODAY visited, was dominated by a large-screen TV that was frequently tuned to football games, and decorated with inspirational messages.

I believe there is a difference in other countries, and you may not be from the US, but here "first floor" means ground floor.

That's a contradiction to previous reports, where they say JM had roommates.

"Police executed a new search warrant at his home Monday, and Matthew's landlord told WVIR that police took two items.
She also told WVIR that she hadn't seen Matthew since Thursday, and two of his roommates had moved out."

http://www.cnn.com/2014/09/22/us/virginia-hannah-graham-missing-what-we-know/

Well, I guess technically he did live by himself for a short while. But, this is the first time I've noticed "...two of his roommates had moved out", somehow implying there were others?

There were some pictures of the apartment posted a while back, with a small TV. He may have had a large one and a small one, but I wonder if the stuff that's now in the apartment belongs to a new tenant?

But on the subject of clothes, it's hard to say what was still there when LE returned to the apartment the second time.

I also thought they took clothes from the apartment. That's really curious...I thought warrants were fairly specific. Would they just randomly take clothes, or would they be looking for what was worn that night? What good do you think would it do to just round up clothes from JM's apartment?

Didn't they visit his place twice? What did they miss the first time around?

Plus, don't think this isn't widely reported, but he was tailed by police prior to voluntarily visiting the police with his family. They knew what he was wearing everyday up until he bolted to TX. Not that this is in and of itself significant, but makes me curious as to why they want particular items when he seemed to have on different clothes when with Hannah. Unless, those items seem to be odd ones out they did not take in for testing? I wonder too if they were just taking clothes to test and missed the described items. They weren't necessarily an outfit. Will have to review the video again, but it looks like he is in all white at the mall. Dreads were loose.

So, I guess this clothing wasn't what he was wearing that night?

‘Specific clothing’ found in search for missing Hannah Graham

"A new search warrant was issued Monday for the apartment of Jesse Matthew, who police believe was the last person to see Hannah Graham before the 18-year-old college student disappeared on September 13."

"Authorities found specific clothing they were looking for, Charlottesville Police Chief Timothy Longo said Tuesday morning on CNN’s “New Day.” The clothing was sent to a lab for analysis, and results might be back by Tuesday afternoon, according to the chief."

http://myfox8.com/2014/09/23/hannah-graham-disappearance-what-we-know/
SEPTEMBER 23, 2014

So, I guess this clothing wasn't what he was wearing that night?

‘Specific clothing’ found in search for missing Hannah Graham

"A new search warrant was issued Monday for the apartment of Jesse Matthew, who police believe was the last person to see Hannah Graham before the 18-year-old college student disappeared on September 13."

"Authorities found specific clothing they were looking for, Charlottesville Police Chief Timothy Longo said Tuesday morning on CNN’s “New Day.” The clothing was sent to a lab for analysis, and results might be back by Tuesday afternoon, according to the chief."

http://myfox8.com/2014/09/23/hannah-graham-disappearance-what-we-know/
SEPTEMBER 23, 2014

Thanks for bringing that back. I was scratching my head about the clothing search because I'd gotten the distinct impression that LE had found JM's clothes worn the day he was with Hannah. I could't remember if it was mentioned or I had so inferred it from the fact that LE has stated that they got a lot of good evidence from the car and the apartment.

I also vaguely remember that someone at the mall said that JM had changed clothes that evening. That he was sweating heavily. I wonder if LE got something in the way of clothes but not what he was seen last wearing.

It's also curious that Hannah's shoes weren't mentioned. Maybe just left out. I wonder though if they were left in the car. That any of Hannah's clothing was left in the car, considering how she was dressed, makes it unlikely that she went off somewhere on her own after going for a ride with JM. That she was in the car is no big deal, we all know pretty much that was the case. But where would she go without any of the items of clothing that she is seen wearing? She sure had noting extra.

Maybe he has several pairs of cargo shorts that are identical.

I have a brand of pamts I like and I have several pairs although purchased at different times so tehu are different a little bit.

Maybe he had several checked shirts that were almost the same,

Maybe he has several pairs of cargo shorts that are identical.

I have a brand of pamts I like and I have several pairs although purchased at different times so tehu are different a little bit.

Maybe he had several checked shirts that were almost the same,

If so, how would LE know which one of the duplicate outfits he would have worn that night?

Will have to review the video again, but it looks like he is in all white at the mall. Dreads were loose.

It's a black and white video. Everyone appears to be in varying shades of black, white and gray.

If so, how would LE know which one of the duplicate outfits he would have worn that night?

I think LE took some clothes from his apartment and tested them. When they came back as having nothing on them, they regrouped and looked at the videos.

Maybe as they examined with the enhancing equipment, they saw the shorts in their possession had different pockets or length or something. So they realized the shorts they had were not the ones of that evening. His shirt may be similar as well but was a little bit different.

My pamts are all a little bit different but they don't have as many features such as cargo pockets,

It is interesting that the shoes are gone as well.

From Mike Murillo:
https://mobile.twitter.com/MikeMurilloWTOP

In addition to #HannahGraham's clothes and phone, police are looking for #JesseMatthew's blue checkered shirt, cargo pants and crocks.#WTOP

Wonder if this means the maroon t-shirt was found?

They don't mention Hannah's watch (or was it a bracelet) or her shoes. They also don't mention his socks. He was wearing socks with the crocs.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BlackBalled
Back