WA WA - Sky Metalwala, 2, Bellevue, 6 Nov 2011 - #17

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wanted to update everyone. i have been working quite a bit on this case. cant offer much update at this time. I can tell you that Soloman and Search and Seek are planning a candlelight vigil for Sky. I will announce the date when i get confirmation. i know many wont be able to make it but i encourage everyone to light a candle for Sky. Pics woudl be wonderful!

Update on M: shes doing great! enjoying her daddy time. i received a text yesterday taht read, " Oh my! im thinking of homeschooling "M"! She came home today and said she has a boyfriend". Such a blessing to know shes doing so well and getting comfortable talking to daddy! I hope this brought a smile to your faces as it did mine! Thank goodness M was able to get to a safe place at such a young age! Now if we can just find Sky!

Thank you so much, Search and Seek, for being an advocate for Sky, and for working with us at Websleuths! You are an angel, too!

Given this is yet another high profile case in Washington State, I am hopeful that LE and CPS can move forward with case planning. IOW there was a way to protect children from parents whom we believe have had something to do with the disappearance and/or death of anyone. This mother continues to have some rights to MM and I am hopeful CPS is moving toward termination of parental rights for Julia. Unless she becomes more forthcoming about what happened to Sky, (and given the recent events in the Susan (josh) Powell case in Graham, Washington) currently there is no way to protect children from parents that are accused (or Persons of Interest) but not charged with crimes.

If JB would have complied with court orders to see MM just enough (like Josh Powell) she too would continue to have access to MM. I am conflicted as I know parents that have been falsely accused of horrendous acts and were really good parents. I also have known parents that have hurt children and don't have any remorse.

The message about little M brought tears to my eyes. I am a little weepy anyway over the last couple of days over another horrible monster out there. Just to hear that a child is recovering in the presense of a stable parent is so comforting. To give M a chance at a real life - WOW! Now, if only Sky could have that same chance.

Once again - shame on the legal system that allowed this woman full custody of her beautiful children with no rights allowed to SM! Sorry, just had to vent. Now, if there was really a hit on the trash as in the article above, can they search the landfill successfully without knowing a time frame?
:sigh:

Julia - Where is Sky?!

I respectfully disagree. If Julia were charged with neglect towards M and found guilty, there is a small chance that she could relay important info to a jail mate. I think that's a better chance than not charging her at all and hoping for Sky to turn up. If LE is not willing to search the landfill, for Sky or potential evidence in his disappearance, then I say go with the neglect charge.

MOO

Respectfully, that's what I said. Unfortunately, there's no evidence to charge her with anything regarding Sky's disappearance. Therefore, their only charge would have to be regarding M's neglect. I've stated that in previous posts also.

ETA: Not being snippy, sorry if it comes across that way. :innocent:

It p*sses me off that she has her freedom while Sky is probably...as hard as it is to say....been disposed of like trash. Another beautiful day in W WA and Sky should be outdoors playing with his sister.

Search and Seek - I think it's so cute that M has a boyfriend. My 2.5 y/o has a girlfriend too - an older woman (she's 3). haha They met at a play group.

Here's some info I saw regarding that candlelight vigil. Hopefully, it's the same one Search & Seek was referring to.

Members of the community are invited to gather Sunday, February 18 at 5:30 p.m. at Bellevue Park, organized by lawyers for Sky's father, Solomon Metalwala. On February 14, it will be 100 days since the 2-year-old was last seen.

From this news article: http://www.nwcn.com/home/?fId=138892874&fPath=/news/local&fDomain=10212

I'll be in another country during that time, but I hope some of you locals are able to attend and wish Sky a belated Happy Valentine's Day and show his father and M (and all the wonderful searchers and LEO's) our support. I'll think of Sky while I'm away.

Respectfully, that's what I said. Unfortunately, there's no evidence to charge her with anything regarding Sky's disappearance. Therefore, their only charge would have to be regarding M's neglect. I've stated that in previous posts also.

ETA: Not being snippy, sorry if it comes across that way. :innocent:

It p*sses me off that she has her freedom while Sky is probably...as hard as it is to say....been disposed of like trash. Another beautiful day in W WA and Sky should be outdoors playing with his sister.

Search and Seek - I think it's so cute that M has a boyfriend. My 2.5 y/o has a girlfriend too - an older woman (she's 3). haha They met at a play group.

:hug:

Just wanted to update everyone. i have been working quite a bit on this case. cant offer much update at this time. I can tell you that Soloman and Search and Seek are planning a candlelight vigil for Sky. I will announce the date when i get confirmation. i know many wont be able to make it but i encourage everyone to light a candle for Sky. Pics woudl be wonderful!

Update on M: shes doing great! enjoying her daddy time. i received a text yesterday taht read, " Oh my! im thinking of homeschooling "M"! She came home today and said she has a boyfriend". Such a blessing to know shes doing so well and getting comfortable talking to daddy! I hope this brought a smile to your faces as it did mine! Thank goodness M was able to get to a safe place at such a young age! Now if we can just find Sky!

Thanks! It is wonderful!

It was heartbreaking look again all those pics with Sky. Baby where are you?

:bump:

Bumping for baby Sky. I am terribly sad there is so little to report in his case. I cannot imagine a true "mother" staying quiet this long when her baby is missing!!

Kirkland father, community to release balloons into the Bellevue sky for missing 2-year-old

For Kirkland resident Solomon Metalwala, the search for his missing son Sky will take a new turn Feb. 18 with a vigil for the 2-year-old boy. The event will take place at 5:30 p.m. at the Bellevue Downtown Park, 10301 N.E. Fourth St., across the street from Bellevue Square Mall.

http://www.kirklandreporter.com/news/139131834.html

While I can't be there in person for Sky, I will be releasing my balloons over here on the east coast for him. I hope that all my WS friends will join me in doing the same.

where are you little baby....

Thank you Adrienne for this link. As I am far away I will do by my self same including my warmest wishes for Sky's return!

I'm off to Barcelona but there's a little grey cloud over my vacation knowing you haven't been found yet, little man. I'll think of you on my trip and wish you a Happy Valentine's Day from afar. Hopefully, there will be some developments while I am gone. Thanks to all the sleuthers who keep your thread going!!

I'm off to Barcelona but there's a little grey cloud over my vacation knowing you haven't been found yet, little man. I'll think of you on my trip and wish you a Happy Valentine's Day from afar. Hopefully, there will be some developments while I am gone. Thanks to all the sleuthers who keep your thread going!!

Hope you have a wonderful trip Rougelatete. Be safe!!

http://www.kirklandreporter.com/news/139131834.html?mobile=true

this is a link to the information about the balloon release and candle light vigil for Sky. The colors are baby blue and purple. (Per M's request). Search and Seek Association will be doing a small balloon release with M prior to the public event.

I ask everyone who can not make it, please dedicate yourself to lighting a candle and releasing a balloon for sky. photos are great! we are going to make a collage for SM after the event.

At the vigil, SAS will also be announcing our renewed efforts to break the silence on this case! i will post here what that plan is once its made public.

as always, we couldnt solve these cases without websleuths! thanks everyone!!!!

Had a client like Sky's mom during my internship for my master's in Marriage and Family Therapy. She had a borderline personality disorder. She thought that her ex-husband was going to abduct her daughter and take her out of the country (he wasn't). She use to make up all sorts of stories involving her young daughter.

Anyway, her feelings for her ex-husband may have been distorted and misdirected at Sky resulting in his disappearance. As for her giving up Sky's remains, I don't see it happening unless she sees some type of reward out of it. She will either stay quiet about his whereabouts or tell a lie which is not believable to anyone.

*~*~*~*~Bumping for Sky~*~*~*~*

Where are you little man???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members