WA WA - Sky Metalwala, 2, Bellevue, 6 Nov 2011 - #17

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would also like to add that the uncertainty around when Sky actually went missing shouldn't be a prohibitive factor in the landfill search for him. The last time Jhessye's older sister saw her was in September. Jhessye was reported missing on October 11th. If Arizona LE can search for a child who went missing before Sky did -- and, if they can search for a child who's actual date of disappearance is up for grabs -- then Washington LE can search for Sky. No quibbles.

Additionally, I'm so 'done' with eyewitness sightings. There were two eyewitness accounts in the Tyler Dasher case, one of whom claimed to see a man walking with a baby. Multiple eyewitnesses saw an African-American woman put a girl matching Jhessye's description into a car and speeding off. Both of those children are dead at the hands of their mothers. Until there is something more than an eyewitness account that bolsters the theory that Sky is alive, I'm going to keep pressing LE to search that landfill.

Here's more insight into the 'double jeopardy' problem with prosecuting JB for both abusing/neglecting Sky AND involvement in his death/murder. I still don't understand, however, why she's not being prosecuted for abuse/neglect of M. It's soooo frustrating!!

The teen also told police that Hunter deprived Jhessye of food and water while keeping her in the closet, and that she saw the girl with black eyes, bruises and cuts to her face and body. When she last saw Jhessye, the teen said that the girl's hair had been pulled out, that she didn't look alive, and that the closet where she was kept "looked like a grave and smelled like dead people."

Police arrested Hunter soon after on suspicion of child abuse related to Jhessye. They released her from jail a day later and dropped the charge against her after prosecutors said they wanted to investigate further and were worried that Hunter would not be eligible for a potential murder charge if she was convicted of abusing Shockley, a situation known as double jeopardy.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/ariz-police-begin-searching-landfill-girl-15522115#.TzASdZgqMb2

Someone has started an online petition calling for the arrest of JB. Only 16 signatures so far.

http://www.change.org/petitions/bellevue-prosecuting-attorney-arrest-julia-biryukova

Yes! Finally! This MUST be done.

ETA: Please be aware that your full name, city, and state will show up if you do not 'uncheck' the box at the bottom of where you are signing. I'm just always sensitive to domestic violence survivors and others who may not want their identity and location displayed publicly....

So far we watched police do absolutely nothing to charge her, even though charging her with child neglect of M would not be a problem of double jeopardy. Lets just hope she doesn't show up for her visitations because according to Josh Powell's case, supervision doesn't guarantee the physical safety of the child at all.

Hi, everyone- WS doesnt allow for petitions and campaigns on the boards without the express permission of the owners of WS. Please contact Tricia via PM or email.

If you reach out to media or other groups, you cannot do so on behalf of Websleuths, again, without the permission of the owners of WS.

:tyou:

I am also of the opinion that a new petition should be drafted. As we have discussed many times here on Sky's threads, asking the LE to prosecute her for little M makes a great deal more sense. Let's let LE know that we are serious and we are trying to help tthem avoid double jeopardy.

I am not certain how I feel about the landfill search. I whole-heartedly agree that Sky is worth the money, I guess the question is the timeline. Where would LE search? How could they tackle this huge obstacle of where in the landfill to search? We just do not know when he disappeared. I think let's get her into custody for little M, and possibly the stress of incarceration will bring about additional answers. Once LE gets those answers / or doesn't get any additional answers - then they can move forward. JMOH - With the deepest respect to you Rougelatete :hug:

Hi, everyone- WS doesnt allow for petitions and campaigns on the boards without the express permission of the owners of WS. Please contact Tricia via PM or email.

If you reach out to media or other groups, you cannot do so on behalf of Websleuths, again, without the permission of the owners of WS.

:tyou:

Thank you for the clarification, Believe09. I apologize for not properly following protocol. I will do so in the future.

I agree that LE should pursue legal action against JB for her treatment of M.

However, the problem with searching the landfill is that they have nothing to go on, and that makes the task like searching a needle in a haystack. They don't have any credible tips on what portion of the landfill they should be searching. In the Jhessye Shockley case they are searching an area based on a credible tip. They know when Jhessye's body went to Tempe and into a certain dumpster.

With Sky, he could've disappeared at any point and time after haircut day to the time he was actually reported missing. That's several months' worth of trash you would need to dig through! They expect it to take weeks to sift through one day's worth of trash for Jhessye. It also brings up that we don't know where Sky would have been disposed of, so which landfill to search?

My heart is with you all, and I want Sky found just as much as you do. But I don't think a dumpster search is even possible with what little information we have available to us about when he was disposed of and where :maddening:

Edit: Cocomod we had the same though process!

Please-let's table the petition talk until Tricia can weigh in. TIA!!!!!

I signed an online petition that was linked from a news story at mynorthwest.com. Even if it doesn't result in any charges, it can't hurt to keep the attention to Sky active.

I'm confused about the petition - what's the purpose?

We can scream from the rooftops for Julia to be arrested, but if they don't have evidence of a crime she CAN NOT be arrested. Once arrested the clock starts. She would have a right to a speedy trial, and if there is a lack of evidence, that would be no bueno. As much as it sucks, there is little to no evidence that Sky was murdered - just speculation (well, from what I've seen/read).

She could possibly be arrested for neglect of M (not Sky). I agree that she needs to be locked up, but not if they don't have evidence to lock her up and throw away the key. :behindbar is where Julia needs to be!!!

:twocents:

I'm confused about the petition - what's the purpose?

We can scream from the rooftops for Julia to be arrested, but if they don't have evidence of a crime she CAN NOT be arrested. Once arrested the clock starts. She would have a right to a speedy trial, and if there is a lack of evidence, that would be no bueno. As much as it sucks, there is little to no evidence that Sky was murdered - just speculation (well, from what I've seen/read).

She could possibly be arrested for neglect of M (not Sky). I agree that she needs to be locked up, but not if they don't have evidence to lock her up and throw away the key. :behindbar is where Julia needs to be!!!

:twocents:

I respectfully disagree. If Julia were charged with neglect towards M and found guilty, there is a small chance that she could relay important info to a jail mate. I think that's a better chance than not charging her at all and hoping for Sky to turn up. If LE is not willing to search the landfill, for Sky or potential evidence in his disappearance, then I say go with the neglect charge.

MOO

I agree that LE should pursue legal action against JB for her treatment of M.

However, the problem with searching the landfill is that they have nothing to go on, and that makes the task like searching a needle in a haystack. They don't have any credible tips on what portion of the landfill they should be searching. In the Jhessye Shockley case they are searching an area based on a credible tip. They know when Jhessye's body went to Tempe and into a certain dumpster.

With Sky, he could've disappeared at any point and time after haircut day to the time he was actually reported missing. That's several months' worth of trash you would need to dig through! They expect it to take weeks to sift through one day's worth of trash for Jhessye. It also brings up that we don't know where Sky would have been disposed of, so which landfill to search?

My heart is with you all, and I want Sky found just as much as you do. But I don't think a dumpster search is even possible with what little information we have available to us about when he was disposed of and where :maddening:

Edit: Cocomod we had the same though process!

I was pretty sure that there was an MSM article that stated that dogs did hit at the transfer station. And I assumed LE would then search the landfill. What I do not understand is why, with a hit, did they not do it?

ETA Found the link to the article: http://www.king5.com/news/local/sky-metalwala/Missing-boys-mom-declines-request-for-polygraph-133499358.html

"KING 5 News has learned that authorities searching for missing two-year-old Sky Metalwala inspected two garbage transfer stations and a landfill on Tuesday and now believe there is the possibility that they may need to begin digging through 50,000 tons of garbage."

I was pretty sure that there was an MSM article that stated that dogs did hit at the transfer station. And I assumed LE would then search the landfill. What I do not understand is why, with a hit, did they not do it?

ETA Found the link to the article: http://www.king5.com/news/local/sky-metalwala/Missing-boys-mom-declines-request-for-polygraph-133499358.html

"KING 5 News has learned that authorities searching for missing two-year-old Sky Metalwala inspected two garbage transfer stations and a landfill on Tuesday and now believe there is the possibility that they may need to begin digging through 50,000 tons of garbage."

Thank you I must have missed this article! I certainly hope it is true, and we have an idea about where to look for Sky!

Just wanted to update everyone. i have been working quite a bit on this case. cant offer much update at this time. I can tell you that Soloman and Search and Seek are planning a candlelight vigil for Sky. I will announce the date when i get confirmation. i know many wont be able to make it but i encourage everyone to light a candle for Sky. Pics woudl be wonderful!

Update on M: shes doing great! enjoying her daddy time. i received a text yesterday taht read, " Oh my! im thinking of homeschooling "M"! She came home today and said she has a boyfriend". Such a blessing to know shes doing so well and getting comfortable talking to daddy! I hope this brought a smile to your faces as it did mine! Thank goodness M was able to get to a safe place at such a young age! Now if we can just find Sky!

Awe, how sweet about M. I'm so beyond thrilled to hear that! Absolutely precious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaEvans52