Malaysia airlines plane may have crashed 239 people on board #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
That conference was cancelled. I read it on the site I posted about the investigator that said it wasn't a hijacking.

Will this plane ever be found? Will be told it was found as wreckage, end of story? Too many things are said, then retracted that I don't know what to believe!

The most likely possibility is that after travelling north-west, the airliner did a sharp turn to the south, into the Indian Ocean where officials think, based on the available data, it flew until it ran out of fuel and crashed into the sea, added the source.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-03-...ave-run-out-of-fuel-over-indian-ocean/5323250

So from some recent articles it sounds like emphasis is now being placed on the theory that the aircraft travelled south into the Indian Ocean (and subsequently ran out of fuel and crashed).

Those details about the plane ascending rapidly to 45,000 feet not long after initial contact was lost strikes me as very odd.

For anyone interested I found this article about issues relating to altitude and improper cabin pressure. It discusses a "Ghost ship" case where a Lear Jet flight crew lost consciousness at the controls and continued flying until running out of fuel.

When Humans Fly High: What Pilots Should Know About High-Altitude Physiology, Hypoxia, and Rapid Decompression

http://www.avweb.com/news/aeromed/181893-1.html?redirected=1
The link to avweb isn't working, but hypoxia was my early theory. The system shut down as if it was done manually. What is the effect of internal freezing on the various systems if it did occur and could it be seen as a manual shutdown?

The Malaysians have told us it was hijacked.

They say it was an inside job.

It pretty much has to be one or both pilots flying even if they have a gun to their heads.

No word on cabin staff but there almost has to be a perp in their number.

I think its gone straight to Kazakhstan or Pakistan.

I pray that a miracle will happen.

I'm catching up and this may have been discussed.

On the evening news last night, they were discussing the pilots. The Co-Pilot was a fairly new hire. What do we know about him?

Malaysian government has said it's deliberate? But an accident is NOT ruled out, correct?

Also , no offense Malaysia, but I'd like this information more if another country or two backed it up , right?

Thoughts on the current 'arc' from the last satellite ping:

If the plane were on the northern portion of the arc there should be radar data from multiple nations that could narrow down the position of the plane. I would imagine if this is the case that they will be able to pinpoint a much smaller search area as soon as that data is made available and analyzed.

If the plane were on the southern portion than it may never be found. This scenario makes little sense to me. Unless the person controlling the plane was incapacitated at some point and the autopilot was engaged?

BBM: It makes complete sense to me if that is put out there as an excuse why this plane "is never found" IYKWIM

I have a weird question.

Since MH370 still has not been found, is it still renamed to MH318? KL - Beijing

I have a hard time believing that the US sent the Poseidon to the 4 1/2 hrs mark if they had evidence that it flew for 7 1/2 hrs. And if they had the other evidence, seems like they would've had that '7 1/2 hr' ping as well.

I think they ALL know more than they're letting on.

I agree with all your post...

JMO

7 hours?

Air traffic controllers outside Kuala Lumpur said they lost contact with the plane on March 8 at 1:30 a.m. local time, about 45 minutes after takeoff. The Prime Minister said its last communication with a satellite was at 8:11 a.m. the same day, but its precise location was unclear.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/03/15/world/asia/malaysia-airlines-plane/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

There is a connection - MH370 was in flight for at least 7 hours.

I can't see someone inexperienced landing it. :moo:

That conference was cancelled. I read it on the site I posted about the investigator that said it wasn't a hijacking.

Will this plane ever be found? Will be told it was found as wreckage, end of story? Too many things are said, then retracted that I don't know what to believe!

Conference cancelled...

Convenient... No?

No need to answer any questions... Even prepared ones...

:sigh:

Let me toss out a wild theory:

What IF the US military and others are being stationed in various places in the Indian Ocean (plus secret locations) in order to intercept the plane if it flies again? In other words...they know it landed, where it landed, who has it, and also know the payload being added...but are not telling anyone due to a world wide freak out. ;)

Could it happen?

The link to avweb isn't working, but hypoxia was my early theory. The system shut down as if it was done manually. What is the effect of internal freezing on the various systems if it did occur and could it be seen as a manual shutdown?

Still a plausible theory. But if we stick to the latest official announcement that the action was deliberate then it doesn't hold anymore IMO.

If it flew straight along its plotted autopilot course I would believe it. But veering and then travelling along 3-4 navigational waypoint? Highly unlikely an uncapicated pilot would be able to do that JMO.

Given the current supposedly known evidence, what happened?

1). Hijacked to China/Kyrgyzstan area, crashed.
2). Hijacked to C/K area, landed. Aftermath unknown.
3). Hijacked to Southeast Indian Ocean, crashed.

We DON'T know who hijacked it and/or why. Possibilities:

1). Deranged or asylum-seeking pilot or passenger, plan failed, crashed.
2). Terrorist group who wanted plane, cargo or passengers. Outcome unknown.
3). State organization who wanted something on plane. Outcome unknown.

Given that the plane left Malaysian airspace under control and tracking north, it seems unlikely it would then turn south for hours and hours to nothing -- unless the hijacker/pilot became incapacitated or was simply deranged. For now, it seems most likely that it headed north overland. The next steps will be to investigate all onboard -- AND, CRUCIALLY, to mine radar & satellite data for that northern route.

There's no evidence any of the states (US, China, Malaysia) know any more than we do. That may change as the investigation ratchets up.

What IF the US military and others are being stationed in various places in the Indian Ocean (plus secret locations) in order to intercept the plane if it flies again? In other words...they know it landed, where it landed, who has it, and also know the payload being added...but are not telling anyone due to a world wide freak out. ;)

Could it happen?

:scared: :panic:

Could it happen?

Good thinking...

government military from various countries stationed to be poised and ready for "Phase 2" of this event...

:waitasec:

Hi, this link seems to works for me.

http://www.avweb.com/news/aeromed/181893-1.html?redirected=1

If still no luck try cutting and pasting the article title in google:

When Humans Fly High: What Pilots Should Know About High-Altitude Physiology, Hypoxia, and Rapid Decompression

Going off gitana1's prev post...what if the purpose in the minds of the perpetrators was to get the world to look more closely at malaysia and its gvt, politics, corruption, etc. In a persons mind maybe the fate of the ppl on board was secondary to getting others to take notice. Plan on making the plane disappear or make it seem like it did. That would take more people than just those who commandeered the flight. Other people know what happened and why. Jmo

I have other theories about why this went down, but I will wait to see what comes out in the next few days.

Can you refuel this plane in the air?
I mean I know they normally don't... but COULD it be done?
I thought that was only military planes... :scared:

I've been told that the commercial plans can not be refueled in the air.

I dunno why it could not . If you google images of air refuels it shows a military used 777 being refueled. In the air.

I know they dont refuel them in the air but it is in theory possible.

I agree with Chilly,

From what I have read..Passenger airlines are not re-fueled in the air..
The pics I have seen are Military air crafts being re-fueled not civilian passenger planes

The cost effectiveness of civilian airlines to install the equipment required or modify planes..Heck many don't have WIFI installed. They are in the business of making money and many times we see that unless forced to do so by gov't regulations airline company's don't spend money were they don't have to.

Having a tanker in the air and the training involved and the modifications to the airplanes and the required staff to be able to properly and safely conduct a mid air re-feul..Booms are needed and Boom Operators

The danger of mid-air refueling with passengers on board IF a civilian airline has the capability to be able to be re-fueled in the air.

:twocents:

Still a plausible theory. But if we stick to the latest official announcement that the action was deliberate then it doesn't hold anymore IMO.

If it flew straight along its plotted autopilot course I would believe it. But veering and then travelling along 3-4 navigational waypoint? Highly unlikely an uncapicated pilot would be able to do that JMO.
Somewhere in all of these threads, a pilot said here the navigational waypoints could easily be from autopilot. On other doomed flights, oxygen masks were found on pilots...but they came to the conclusion the pilots were disoriented to the point of not being able to finish the task to turn it on. Maybe a pilot could have lasted long enough with extra oxygen to switch courses and flip on auto before collapsing to insure the plane would go out over water. It would make it a deliberate action.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KimKat