GUILTY CA - Erin Corwin, 19, pregnant, Twentynine Palms, 28 June 2014 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have no doubt that this has been discussed in previous threads but I only just noticed in one of the blog articles it says she announced her pregnancy on Jan 16. Do they mean June 16? Because she can't be 3 months pregnant in July if she announced it in January.

Fruity if I understand the previous posts correctly, she was pregnant in January and miscarried. Then pregnant again recently and announced it in June.

Ok so I was thinking...yes again. Anyway, I was thinking what they could have possibly had planned to do when they met up where the car was left. It's not like he's going to say "Hey, you want to get in my car so you can disappear?". I was thinking of what guys would like to do out in the desert showing off or just because they can't be seen in public. What could he have said or she said that would provide them with another destination instead of just sitting there in the car and talking. I was thinking possibly shooting range? So I landed on this page and found some "interesting" information of different areas that obviously are going to be more secluded for this kind of thing. http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=318142

Ok so I was thinking...yes again. Anyway, I was thinking what they could have possibly had planned to do when they met up where the car was left. It's not like he's going to say "Hey, you want to get in my car so you can disappear?". I was thinking of what guys would like to do out in the desert showing off or just because they can't be seen in public. What could he have said or she said that would provide them with another destination instead of just sitting there in the car and talking. I was thinking possibly shooting range? So I landed on this page and found some "interesting" information of different areas that obviously are going to be more secluded for this kind of thing. http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=318142

Definitely interesting given that both of those locations (Dale & N. Amboy East of Base) are within the area LE has been searching and firearms are listed in the Search Warrants of the homes.

Can someone clear up the search warrants dates? I read they had them signed by a judge on July 1st. Are they only serving the warrants now or did they only release the info on them now? Would seem odd to not serve then asap.

Can someone clear up the search warrants dates? I read they had them signed by a judge on July 1st. Are they only serving the warrants now or did they only release the info on them now? Would seem odd to not serve then asap.

They were sealed until just recently.

The mini horse Dolly is pretty cute.

Hoping today is the day Erin comes home.

Good thinking!! I've been shooting out there a couple times, but I know several people who have been there many, many times. East or North of 29 Palms and the base (especially the area out Amboy Rd) are well known places for target practice, just like it states in your link. You have to be past city limits of course, so you're right about it being a possible "reason" someone could have given to drive Erin farther into the desert. (And it would be a safe guess that you're right about the showing off part as well. lol) I think the range that's mentioned is a pay range you can see just north of hwy. 62 and not secluded at all so she would have been found by now. Off Amboy Rd makes a lot of sense though!

I'm not sure what they are talking about with dove hunters in the area. I've never heard of a dove hunter out there because that's not where the dove hunting spots are. They might get a few flying over, but it's not where the serious hunters go. I'm positive about that because I used to hate the taste of dove until my hubby finally hit upon his secret "gourmet dove recipe" that has literally become my favorite meal in the world. He gets extra "hubby points" (lol) for making it for me, so he does his research and bags his limit most days in the season. But not anywhere close to 29 Palms!

I was also thinking about how (IMOO) if someone is trying to hide a body I can't see them looking up on google maps to find the perfect place... I mean maybe some people but...so it's possibly a place this person has visited before. I'm not saying it's a popular place but it's one that it's either on the way to a popular place or something. It's the desert. I can't see people walking out to discover new dirt but I can see them going to check out something to do because it looks extremely boring there. So like photography(of more than just dirt lol)/hiking in joshua tree/shooting range/dirt biking/4-wheeling..etc. I was looking up springs just now and this particular part of Joshua Tree is closed. Does anyone watch the area or could someone still go back there regardless? http://www.nps.gov/jotr/planyourvisit/cottonwood.htm

Some of my current thoughts: If a rumor post I read somewhere is true, then JC knew about the affair and they were "working through it." But, when she went missing, he had to be reluctant to call authorities because he wouldn't want his wife "found" in a motel or something. For me, that explains his waiting to report her missing. I tend to believe the witness as far as what he saw. I am curious as to whether the location that the car was moved to actually made it more difficult to see from the road. Whether they moved it together as part of hiding the rendezvous, or whether someone other than her moved it later is in question. I still think it is possible she's alive.

Some of my current thoughts: If a rumor post I read somewhere is true, then JC knew about the affair and they were "working through it." But, when she went missing, he had to be reluctant to call authorities because he wouldn't want his wife "found" in a motel or something. For me, that explains his waiting to report her missing. I tend to believe the witness as far as what he saw. I am curious as to whether the location that the car was moved to actually made it more difficult to see from the road. Whether they moved it together as part of hiding the rendezvous, or whether someone other than her moved it later is in question. I still think it is possible she's alive.

I think she could be alive only if another person is also missing as well. As far as we know, this does not seem to be the case. If a Marine was missing, wouldn't he be listed as AWOL by now? And being sought?
I can't imagine Erin being able, or willing to stay away on her own, miss her parents' visit, birthday, horse, etc.

Jmo

I think she could be missing without anyone else being missing. But, as far as a Marine being missing, well, they haven't been too forthcoming with any information so we don't really know who is AWOL from there (if anyone). I wonder where this family's friends are -- it is surprising that no one seems interested in talking with the media. Surely reporters are trying to talk with friends; if the Marines can't talk, it seems like their spouses could. Don't get me wrong, I'm not convinced she's alive, I'm just not convinced she isn't.

Hmmm...I wonder why it's closed! On your link, there is another link that takes you to a map:
http://www.nps.gov/jotr/planyourvisit/upload/CW_alt_hikes_version2.pdf

This shows the Cottonwood Visitor Center, which is located at the base of a short road which leads to the closed trail. (It looks like that short road is still open.) It's been several years since I walked up that trail so sorry I don't remember what portion of the road/trail (if any) is visible from the Visitor Center. However, this is all at the south edge of the park so it's quite a distance from where the 29 Palms entrance is located.

Here's what I was able to find...
Approaching Cottonwood Visitor Center (sign is for the closed trail): https://c1.staticflickr.com/7/6115/6307794089_26dcb85efb_z.jpg

I was also thinking about how (IMOO) if someone is trying to hide a body I can't see them looking up on google maps to find the perfect place... I mean maybe some people but...so it's possibly a place this person has visited before. I'm not saying it's a popular place but it's one that it's either on the way to a popular place or something. It's the desert. I can't see people walking out to discover new dirt but I can see them going to check out something to do because it looks extremely boring there. So like photography(of more than just dirt lol)/hiking in joshua tree/shooting range/dirt biking/4-wheeling..etc. I was looking up springs just now and this particular part of Joshua Tree is closed. Does anyone watch the area or could someone still go back there regardless? http://www.nps.gov/jotr/planyourvisit/cottonwood.htm

Hmmm...I wonder why it's closed! On your link, there is another link that takes you to a map:
http://www.nps.gov/jotr/planyourvisit/upload/CW_alt_hikes_version2.pdf

This shows the Cottonwood Visitor Center, which is located at the base of a short road which leads to the closed trail. (It looks like that short road is still open.) It's been several years since I walked up that trail so sorry I don't remember what portion of the road/trail (if any) is visible from the Visitor Center. However, this is all at the south edge of the park so it's quite a distance from where the 29 Palms entrance is located.

Here's what I was able to find...
Approaching Cottonwood Visitor Center (sign is for the closed trail): https://c1.staticflickr.com/7/6115/6307794089_26dcb85efb_z.jpg

Ahhh..ok. So it's not that secluded really.

Many of us were confused. A moderator asked that we not discuss people (even by number) unless they were named by MSM. Post #10 in this thread - not sure how to link it.

I am right there with you. I hate it when I walk away and come back and the party is already over! Ugh! :)

<Mod Snip>

I keep hoping she will come home. I just have a terrible feeling. Jmo

ITA
I don't think she is alive. I don't think she would up and leave, she's to close to her mother. IMO

OT......... Did you sing 96 Tears?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member