VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where is Hannah????? Where could this man have left/put her that no one can figure out????? Heartbreaking. :(

There are several girls in that area that have disappeared completely, Alexis Murphy being one. While they got the guy in that case, it shows that it's possible to make people disappear and not get found. I wish the parents and loved ones of all these girls had closure.

WoW! I go live my life and soooo much happens!!!! I wonder what evidence they have that it was abduction with intent to defile? That's huge!!! Wonder if they have DNA back or are they basing this on something else?

What happened. Been sitting here waiting for a break, off I go for the day. And something happened?

I agree with the thought that trafficking may be involved.

Maybe just my imagination but the video from sals, looks like he is stopped with his phone up right as he enters the frame, old guy pulls his phone up a few seconds later when he stops before she walks by. Possible text messages between those two?

The presser from tonight sounds to me like CPD got their hand slapped by higher agencies tying this to a larger case.

I think they'll bring him in very soon. I don't believe he's running I think he's hiding out somewhere and these new charges will bring whoever is hiding or helping him to contact LE or force him out in the open.

JMO..I don't think this case involves a trafficking ring. To somewhat echo what others have said, I think it's possible JM texted someone telling him/her that he had "picked up" (possibly drunk and/or drugged) HG and, maybe even jokingly, said he planned to engage in some sort of sexual act with her. If she were under the influence and he was guiding her by holding her waist, it could be seen as abduction. JMO

Yeah. There has not been one substantiated case I am aware of in the last two decades of missing white girls being abducted and sold into sex slavery or whatever. Sex trafficking rings involve non-English speaking immigrants or aliens from third world or Eastern European countries and street kids and that's about it.

I don't think the DNA is back yet...

It is possible, I'm not closing the door on future finds. They did say they expected the "forensics" to be back today, so I would assume if they were testing DNA it would be back today.

What happened. Been sitting here waiting for a break, off I go for the day. And something happened?

JM has a warrant out for his arrest for abduction of HG with intent to defile!!

To me it sounds like he is in a different phase of the investigation and is not making a direct appeal to the suspect at this time.

Longo has 13 years as chief of police, handling several high profile cases and he is known to be an excellent public speaker. IMO everything this man does is calculated. He's not losing his head here. And while so many seem to believe everything he says is for their benefit, it's not. Some of what he says and does is very likely a specific message to the suspect or witnesses, etc.

I've researched. It seems this is a very intelligent, driven officer. I looked hard to find anything to support what I see is a real negative perception (on the part of some here) of this officer and his methods but I found nothing in his record or any statements by any colleagues or even critics to substantiate the inference that he is a buffoon trying to somehow create a circus for some inexplicable reason or railroad an innocent man or whatever. Nothing.

Exactly. People may not like the pressers he has done, but IMO he had a reason for acting the way he did, and that's something we are not privy to. I think it was all calculated and a way to get what he wanted from the POI & public. MOO

There are several girls in that area that have disappeared completely, Alexis Murphy being one. While they got the guy in that case, it shows that it's possible to make people disappear and not get found. I wish the parents and loved ones of all these girls had closure.

Isn't alexis murphys killer behind bars?

I think they either haven't tested his DNA against the DNA of MH's killer, yet, or they have & aren't releasing that info., yet.

If they had tested it & it came back NOT a match, I think they'd release that info. to the public to quell the rumors, potential mass panic, distracting stories...

Now, if they've tested it & it WAS a match, not only to Hannah's case, but also to other cases, I'm torn. I lean towards them keeping it quiet for now so no lynch mob forms & finds JM before LE does, but then again, don't the police have a duty to warn the public? I don't know what to think.

All JMO, MOO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do they have JM's DNA? They may have found DNA that they believe is his and perhaps it matches something of interest (e.g. DNA from another case). But, I think they need to get a DNA sample directly from him (or something they observe him in contact with) to prove it is his DNA.

I believe 18.2-48 is a DNA Qualified Felony in VA - meaning they can collect DNA at the time of arrest (no conviction required).

Just throwing this out there.

This is what I am thinking. The circumstances depicted in the video + eyewitness accounts that suggest she was 'in distress' and did not know the suspect (and therefore would not have willingly gone with him) = the charge.

I don't know what the minimum evidence needed to charge someone with "abduction with intent to defile". LE had spoken to people who had seen JM and Hannah together, he was the last person to be seen with Hannah. LE also pretty much knew that Hannah appeared inebriated or under the influence of something and was erratic, and eye witnesses confirmed that. She was on her way to something specific as friends and texts indicated. But with all of that, they still could not arrest JM even when he was right in arms length and in their faces. They needed more.

Clearly, they got something, perhaps from the car, the apartment, the clothing, JM's cell phone, Hannah's messages that tipped the balance. Even without Hannah herself, and without JM in their custody LE feels comfortable to charge JM with this. Without a body, without full forensics, as they would need more time to do a complete work up at these labs. THey can make this charge even with the possibllity of Hannah still being alive. There is evidence that he picked up Hannah and attempted to rape her (as that is pretty much what "defile" comes down to. Whether her state of mind from witnesses that she was not all there, and perhaps saying she needed to get somewhere is enough to show that consent was unlikely, I don't know.

Also don't know if JM could swear that he started to take her to wherever she wanted to go, and she was interested in a sexual encounter to which he consented, and then dropped her off somewhere, and that was it. If LE doesn't find Hannah, if that story could hold up, is something maybe the lawyers here can weigh in on.

Of course, that 's if that is all the evidence can show. There is likely more. JM seems to be a very careless person as his traffic, drivinng, payment, car maintence show, so there might be a wealth of forensic evidence the labs now have. Hopefully JM's phone, soil samples, Hannah's phone records can point LE to where Hannah is right now.

But as I mentioned before, the Alexis Murphy case was resolved with full conviction of murder one without her body, and the first charge against Randy Taylor was the same as it si for JM.

I looked at Charlottesville on google maps. So many waterways. So many greenbelts. So close to absolute wilderness.

Ok not sure if mentioned but when LE were after JM, I believe he was with another person- his mother? Interesting...

Yeah. There has not been one substantiated case I am aware of in the last two decades of missing white girls being abducted and sold into sex slavery or whatever. Sex trafficking rings involve non-English speaking immigrants or aliens from third world or Eastern European countries and street kids and that's about it.

It happens all the time right here in America, although usually it is grooming and then abduction...not a snatch and grab abduction.

I am curious, if this charge could be based on something a witness at tempo saw or overheard, or was told by the suspect after seeing him leave with an obviously inebriated HG.

Call me overly cautious, but I don't think they have anything more than this at the moment. If there was DNA, I would expect some acknowledgement of that. Not of course to the point where they reveal what DNA evidence they have or where it was located, naturally. I just find this odd.

That said. I don't doubt for a second that LE is sure this is their perp, or that these tactics will not only bring him in but also lead to finding HG. We'll just have to wait and see.

he gave some verbiage to the effect that there was a lot more information but he couldn't release it for a few more days so I think the acknowledgement is coming. I get what you are saying but i personally (just my opinion) can't fathom that they would be so aggressive towards him as they have been if all they had was ppl seeing them at the bar etc., especially if they had done searches and thats still all they had. They would be setting themselves up to look a fool and to major law suites.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sassyfox