Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - 11/17-11/18/14 In recess

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably it would help to rebut the remorse claim. I haven't seen it, but from what I've heard it seems inconsistent with remorse in much the same way as the email and voice mail to Travis were inconsistent with remorse.

I haven't seen anything about the PI getting the laptop. Are you guys sure about that?

Mmmm, I thought I read something like that where the judge ordered the PI should be immediately allowed to come down and pick up the computer. I'm gonna try and find that but there are people here who are way better at finding that stuff than me.

I finally found what I swore I had come across in the trial last year! It is a picture of a young, sweet little Travis with his father. Travis has on spidey undies. I honestly believe this could have been a picture Jodi knew of and had seen Travis with, perhaps she even walked in on him while he was looking at it, maybe he was in an emotional, melancholy state. I believe so much of the bs she spins and spits comes from various events in real life. I believe this is the root of her "Travis with the little boy- pedo picture" story. Did anyone else remember seeing this? If it is not appropriate to post, my apologies, please delete.

http://i73.servimg.com/u/f73/17/63/50/18/ta12.jpg

Do you remember Monica Lindstrom's glowing article about Nurmi being a new "power player"? Nurmi, who so hates the media and their portrayal of him, posted it on the front page of his website. Even ML thought that was kind of odd. He's fully aware of his image in the media and how he comes off and doesn't want them to see the bad parts. Only the good.

IMO he is the worst lawyer I have ever seen. Even worse than Baez. And Wilmott doesn't understand the part about not asking a question you don't already know the answer to. She is just as bad.

Ah! But if he "wins", he can follow in Jose Beaz' footsteps and start offering insight in other cases on national TV. It's not about Jodi. I doubt it ever was. Right now, it's about Nurmi vs. Martinez, his pride is on the line. He doesn't want to be seen (again), as being not as good a lawyer as JM.

I don't know if we can know stuff like this—it would take Miccio Fonseca-like clairvoyance. I'll give Nurmi, as completely unlikable as he is in the courtroom and with all his ridiculous motions and machinations, the benefit of the doubt. It is about Jodi, IMO. MOO.

I don't know if we can know stuff like this—it would take Miccio Fonseca-like clairvoyance. I'll give Nurmi, as completely unlikable as he is in the courtroom and with all his ridiculous motions and machinations, the benefit of the doubt. It is about Jodi, IMO. MOO.

What I state, is of course, in my opinion as well and purely speculation.

Do you remember Monica Lindstrom's glowing article about Nurmi being a new "power player"? Nurmi, who so hates the media and their portrayal of him, posted it on the front page of his website. Even ML thought that was kind of odd. He's fully aware of his image in the media and how he comes off and doesn't want them to see the bad parts. Only the good.

God forgive me for saying this, but looking at pictures of Nurmi now(slimmed down, hair) I think he's trying to look like Juan-not that it is even remotely possible. Anyone else see it? :puke:

(...)
QUOTE=Hatfield;11217430
Before the trial started, we had some good debates about the pros + cons of DP versus LWOP. Those were some good and interesting discussions.
(...)
RSFS

Interesting! I'd love to read them. Could you tell me where I can find them?
TYIA!!

I remember we had lots of good discussions about this on different days however we didnt create a separate thread so the posts are scattered throughout the multiple threads for both "Retrial" and "Sidebar" threads.

I think some of the discussions took place right around the beginning of this phase and right before since we were waiting for this phase to start and that subject came up often. I think we even talked about it periodically while this phase has been going on.

There is an "Advanced Search" feature although whenever I try to use it I get very confused with how to properly search specific threads or groups of threads.

The keywords of "DP", "Death Penalty", "LWOP", "LWP" could possibly be used in the search feature although these keywords come up often so it would be tough to find the specific days where we had some good discussion on the advantages and disadvantages of either DP or LWOP.

Cost, privileges of the inmate, guaranteed automatic appeals, statistics of actual DP sentence being carried out, death row VS general population, victim's family issues, etc. were all discussed at one time or another and it was quite interesting.

Sorry there is not 1 place I can point you to. The topic came up at various times on different days. Primarily in the Retrial and Sidebar threads.

In addition to Nurmi's business webpage boast, this week I brought up Dorian Bond's business page again, and there was an enlarged color snapshot of Jodi Arias. No accompanying copy. (Just 'prepare to be impressed', I guess)

Ah! But if he "wins", he can follow in Jose Beaz' footsteps and start offering insight in other cases on national TV. It's not about Jodi. I doubt it ever was. Right now, it's about Nurmi vs. Martinez, his pride is on the line. He doesn't want to be seen (again), as being not as good a lawyer as JM.

It's ironic how Nurmi's accusing the victim of sexual deviancy, while his private practice specializes in defending those accused of sex crimes.

Mmmm, I thought I read something like that where the judge ordered the PI should be immediately allowed to come down and pick up the computer. I'm gonna try and find that but there are people here who are way better at finding that stuff than me.

I definitely recall the minutes said 'investigator'.

God forgive me for saying this, but looking at pictures of Nurmi now(slimmed down, hair) I think he's trying to look like Juan-not that it is even remotely possible. Anyone else see it? :puke:

I kind of think there is a motive of upstaging the charismatic Juan. He lost weight, grew his hair out, and started copping his mannerisms and catchphrases. It's strange...

I think I finally figured out what Nurmi's problem is..............................

Attachments

• einstein.jpg
    einstein.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 231
And this was when JA was "representing herself," yes?

Yes yes thanks Meebee. But I remember a specific minute entry mentioning the computer and the investigator. I think YesOrNo posted it.

In addition to Nurmi's business webpage boast, this week I brought up Dorian Bond's business page again, and there was an enlarged color snapshot of Jodi Arias. No accompanying copy. (Just 'prepare to be impressed', I guess)
Did he include a link to his feature on RipOff Report too? :D:silenced:

Yes yes thanks Meebee. But I remember a specific minute entry mentioning the computer and the investigator. I think YesOrNo posted it.

I remember it too. I'll try and find that. But I'm certain the property being referred to is the computer.

ETA: not finding it specifically in the minute entries, but maybe it was listed in a motion. I do know the property being referred to is the computer. I remember there was speculation as to which computer it was, TA's or JA's. Clearly, it was Travis'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa