Rape allegations mount against Bill Cosby #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rapists proven innocent are majority (57%) of prisoners released by Innocence Project

http://www.innocenceproject.org/kno...rator=&compensation=&conviction=Rape&x=28&y=3

Lots of our "sisters" are liars.

Is it clear that these innocent men were convicted because a woman lied and said she was raped when she was not, or was it that the women who testified against these men were mistaken because their rapists were strangers and the innocent men who were accused resembled the man who actually did rape them?

Were most of these men accused by someone they knew who lied in order to ruin their lives?

I'm just not getting from this link that "lots of our 'sisters' lie."

Wow-I guess he thought that was all her dignity was worth-why would there be an article about her giving it back, if he left it with her? Was she supposed to chase after his car to try to do it?

There was always the US Mail or even leave it in an envelope at his office, etc.

There was always the US Mail or even leave it in an envelope at his office, etc.

I'm a bit confused by your focus on the money. Just because there is no mention of something in the media doesn't mean something didn't happen. What is it that you think the money proves?

The "focus" apparently shifts everywhere for some except upon Cosby himself. The money aspect, the passage of time, the perceived virtue of the many women -- everywhere. Correct me if I'm wrong, won't be the first time.

True -- though certain victims do seek out and otherwise protect their abusers. The psychology is complex, the instances sad.

Psychology is often complex. The desire for money is more straight forward.
:cow:

Do you know the exact date of when the very first accusations were made public and what they were? Was it 1/27/2005?

Why do you ask? I'm not sure what the exact date was but I think it was earlier than 1/27/2005 because there's this article http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/story?id=446798 dated 1/27/2005 and it says, "New Developments in Cosby Fondling Investigation" which implies that there were old developments that were already known before that.

TMZ:

COSBY FORCED ORAL SEX During Carson Appearance (Actress Louisa Moritz)

http://www.tmz.com/2014/11/20/bill-cosby-forced-oral-sex-victim-jonny-carson-louisa-moritz/

Cosby's lawyer, Marty Singer, tells TMZ ... "We've reached a point of absurdity. The stories are getting more ridiculous." Singer adds, "Mortiz is a lawyer who was disciplined by the California State Bar and ordered not to practice. We pulled the documents -- she can't practice because she didn't report certain quarterly reports ... the nature of the reports is unclear from the documents."

Not sure what a lawyer's quarterly reports have to do with it. You can't have been sexually harassed if you're not able to practice as a lawyer? Men only sexually assault women who are always punctual with their paperwork even years later?

JMO but this is another non-denial. Neither "It's absurd", "it's ridiculous", "the woman is a failed lawyer" equals "I did not do that".

She more than hinted at it, Dr. Drew just played her interview with Howard Stern from 2006. She said the lawyers wouldn't let her put what he really did to her in her book, that they wouldn't touch it with a 10 foot pole. And that he is not a nice guy, he's a really bad guy. That he preys on women, like women straight out of rehab.

"Bill Cosby was the only guy I couldn't write about in the book, because HarperCollins is afraid of lawsuits," the supermodel said at the time. "Truly."

Stern, unaware of Dickinson's hesitation to speak about the topic, pressed for more. "So what happened?" the longtime SiriusXM host asked. "He got you? So he nailed you? You had sex with Bill Cosby?"

"He was married [to Camille O. Cosby]," Dickinson trailed, adding that the publisher was "too afraid" to publish parts of the memoir involving him. "Wouldn't touch that one," she revealed. "And I don't want to get near that because I don't have the shekels that you do or that Cosby does."

Dickinson continued, "The guy's a bad guy, he's not a nice guy. He preys on women who just come out of rehab. I'll say that."

Read more: http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity...-guy-in-2006-interview-20141911#ixzz3JjAAer00

I just realized that there is a thread here from 2005 titled "Bill Cosby accused; will charges be filed?"
I'm off to read it....here is a link if anyone is interested

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?19157-Bill-Cosby-accused-will-charges-be-filed

only 42 posts and many of them about how crazy Janice Dickinson is...However there was this link
http://www.foxnews.com/story/2005/02/09/cosby-denies-2nd-woman-accusations/ which says that the date that Constand went to the authorities is Jan 13. 2005

Any Google search will turn up any number of anecdotes.

But anecdotes do not equate to real numbers. If one claims that many men have had their lives ruined by false rape accusations, and that substantial numbers of rape allegations are false, I think one should provide cold, hard, verifiable facts to support those claims.

Not anecdotes.

For the sake of complete information it might also be nice to point out how many women have had their lives ruined by rape and sexual abuse and it was either never reported or nothing came out of it.

‘Cosby Show’ Producers Say Bill Cosby Rape Allegations Are ‘Beyond Our Knowledge or Comprehension’

http://www.thewrap.com/cosby-show-p...ns-are-beyond-our-knowledge-or-comprehension/

Really going to bed now.

Well they could hardly say we knew all about it and paid no attention. Maybe they didn't know... Cosby wouldn't tell and it seems most of the women were quiet as well.

New York Daily News:

EXCLUSIVE: Another actress (Angela Leslie) accuses Bill Cosby of sexual assault in Las Vegas hotel

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertai...uses-bill-cosby-sex-assault-article-1.2018698
Model-actress Angela Leslie is the eighth woman to come forward accusing Cosby of sexual harassment or worse. She tells the Daily News he plied her with alcohol, may have tried to drug her and forced her to fondle him in the freaky scene in a luxury suite in 1992.

Was she one of the Jane Does or a new one?
The Cosby Show...(The Atlantic)
Declining to seriously reckon with the rape allegations against him is reckless. And I was once reckless.

lengthy article at link

Lacking physical evidence, adjudicating rape accusations is a murky business for journalists. But believing Bill Cosby does not require you to take one person's word over another—it requires you take one person's word over 15 others.

There was a documentary about Islam many years ago and one of the things it talked about was how you needed the testimony of two women or one man to be believable in court, and everybody in the room was appalled that the word of women was only worth one half of the word of a man and never in a civilized country etc...

But it seems like the word of more than a dozen American women is worth less than the word of one rich and powerful man here.

Cosby removed as advisor at High Point University

Read more at http://www.wral.com/cosby-removed-as-advisor-at-high-point-university/14205065/

Cosby was appointed to the board this past summer. At the time, HPU President Nido Qubein noted that Cosby had used his talent to create positive change and inspire America with his humor and philanthropic endeavors.
Read more at http://www.wral.com/cosby-removed-as-advisor-at-high-point-university/14205065/#oZKuAdYDiyVVhwey.99

So why did they remove him now? Andrea Constand et al's allegations had been known for quite a while when they appointed him in the first place.

http://www.phillymag.com/articles/dr-huxtable-mr-hyde/

Nothing to do with rape but it goes along with the intimidating persona thing. Cosby gave a parenting sermon at an event where lots of kids were present.

Herndon and Hurricane Schwartz turned to each other, wide-eyed. What was he doing? Why here, at this event, with all these children, some of them as young as five? Cosby didn’t even mention them, the performers or their families, even though a pat on the back was supposed to be the point of the event.

Or so Herndon thought. And she said so in an Inquirer column that ran 10 days later — not disagreeing with Cosby’s points, but declaring that he picked the wrong time and place. Why was he lecturing an audience of parents that did get it?

A few days later, Herndon got a phone call. It was Bill Cosby. He was angry. She had it wrong, he said. Did she misquote him? No. What was wrong? Her viewpoint.

Well, she was a columnist, and entitled to express —

She was wrong about the audience. A big place, almost 3,000 folks, and some of them there did need to hear the message.

Okay, she didn’t poll the audience to see if they were all related to a young performer, but she was sticking to her perspective, that it was the wrong venue to —

What church did she go to? Maybe her problem was that she didn’t understand speaking from the pulpit in a black church.

So he was questioning her … blackness? What did he want her to say?

That she was wrong. In print. There were families there that needed to hear what he was saying.

No, she wasn’t going to do that.

But she was wrong.

It went around and around like that for some 40 minutes. Herndon wouldn’t budge. Cosby wrote a letter to the Inquirer, which was printed. Then Herndon got a letter from his lawyers, threatening the paper with legal action. Because, as she sees it, she disagreed with Bill Cosby. The lawsuit never materialized, but “Mom has fallen out of love with Bill Cosby,” her daughter teased her.

Read more at http://www.phillymag.com/articles/dr-huxtable-mr-hyde/#VcTkJVAfZpMuwf2c.99

One of those accusing Cosby stated she is gong to file a civil suit. So, it is about money. Honestly, after all these years and no evidence, would any jury convict Cosby?

Do you suppose I can join the bandwagon and get a few bucks?

Are you a victim of his? Really don't like the victim blaming here. Not the first time it's happened in this thread.

IMO.

Bill Cosby’s Sudden Fall, Explained Sociologically

How did Bill Cosby suddenly become radioactive?

On Wednesday, the cable network TV Land pulled reruns of “The Cosby Show” from the air, a development that echoed decisions by NBC to drop a sitcom starring Mr. Cosby and Netflix’s announcement that it would postpone the release of his new comedy special.

What’s surprising is the way that rape allegations against Mr. Cosby, which go back decades, have become so damaging to him now.

According to the research of Ari Adut, a University of Texas sociologist, moral scandals like this one arise when a suspected transgression becomes common knowledge.

Even if there is dispersed knowledge about the allegations (as in Mr. Cosby’s case), the information may not trigger a reaction unless it receives what Mr. Adut calls “collective and focused attention.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/11/21/u...s&emc=rss&smid=tw-nytimes&_r=0&abt=0002&abg=1

Bill Cosby’s Sudden Fall, Explained Sociologically

How did Bill Cosby suddenly become radioactive?

On Wednesday, the cable network TV Land pulled reruns of “The Cosby Show” from the air, a development that echoed decisions by NBC to drop a sitcom starring Mr. Cosby and Netflix’s announcement that it would postpone the release of his new comedy special.

What’s surprising is the way that rape allegations against Mr. Cosby, which go back decades, have become so damaging to him now.

According to the research of Ari Adut, a University of Texas sociologist, moral scandals like this one arise when a suspected transgression becomes common knowledge.

Even if there is dispersed knowledge about the allegations (as in Mr. Cosby’s case), the information may not trigger a reaction unless it receives what Mr. Adut calls “collective and focused attention.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/11/21/u...s&emc=rss&smid=tw-nytimes&_r=0&abt=0002&abg=1

In Mr. Cosby’s case, allegations by numerous young women that he drugged and raped them were largely ignored until a routine performed last month by the comedian Hannibal Buress drew newfound attention to the claims.

How sad is that anyway? Women can say anything and who's going to take notice...But wait, a man makes jokes about it and suddenly heads turn.

I must say, where there is smoke, there is likely fire.

However, I do have a huge problem with the fact that the media is really having a feeding frenzy here. I am NOT here to defend Bill Cosby. However, I would like to defend the American system. Although there is a right to free speech, I think we are crossing a border here that is dangerous. I do not believe that it is fair the way that this is being handled. EVERY single new accusation is being printed. EVERY single new accuser is being taken as fact. There is a good chance that this man was (or maybe still is) a predator. However, I do not like the fact that he is guilty until proven innocent. I do not like the fact that he has little recourse to defend himself in this arena. Sure, he can come out and say "No, I did not"; but the damage is already done.

Ray Donovan said it best when he was acquitted, "Which office do I go to to get my reputation back?"

So what is the alternative? Should the news just sit down and silence the alleged victims to death because the alleged rapist's reputation might suffer?

I wonder how many celebs would be in jail right now for paying off someone out of court..That doesn't mean the accusation is at all true it means I would rather spend a few hundred bucks to shut this idiot up then have the hassle.....The show which can be found anywhere is called kids say the darndest things .and to you truth .i am aware what pedo means and rapist means .I know the difference .. Now if you would let a rapist be alone with your kids well thats your call .Me on the other hand i would never be ok with someone that is a rapist being alone with my kids just because he hasnt been convicted of pedofilia ..

Whose kids have been alone with Bill Cosby?

ETA: oh I see... Renita Chaney Hill's parents ...(allegedly)
where the heck were her parents

Andrea Constand - A Temple University employee, she claimed in 2006 that Cosby drugged and sexually assaulted her in his Philadelphia-area mansion two years earlier. Cosby eventually settled this suit out of court as the prosecution said they had 13 Jane Does who would testify Cosby did the same to them in the past.

Barbara Bowman - Bowman told MailOnline that Cosby raped and drugged her back in 1985 when she was a 17-year-old aspiring actress. Bowman was one of the 13 Jane Does in the 2006 trial against Cosby.

Joan Tarshis - Tarshis claimed that she was just 19-years-old when Cosby drugged and raped her twice in Hollywood back in 1969 while she was working as a writer for him.

Janice Dickinson - The supermodel said in an interview that Cosby asked her to come to Lake Tahoe and talk about a television role in 1982, but ended up drugging and raping her.

Tamara Green - Green, who first came forward in 2005 told MailOnline that she was an aspiring actress in the 1970s when Cosby gave her pills and pretended to care for her while she had the flu, but instead sexually assaulted her.

Therese Serignese - Also one of the 13 Jane Does, she says she was 19 when Cosby drugged and raped her in Las Vegas after one of his shows.

Louisa Moritz - She accused Cosby of sexual assault, saying he once forced her into oral sex, backstage at The Tonight Show Starring Johnny Carson in 1971, and implied he would further her career if she went through with it.

Linda Joy Traitz - She said earlier this week that she was just 19 when Cosby drove her out to a beach and tried to get her to take pills to relax, before becoming 'sexually aggressive'. Traitz, of Hallandale Beach, Florida, has been charged in the past with trafficking pills. Cosby's attorney, Marty Singer, is trying to use Traitz's past to discredit her claims against his client.

Beth Ferrier - Beth Ferrier claims she had relationship with Cosby in the mid-1980s. She claims that she awoke in her car with her clothes in disarray and not remembering what had happened. Ferrier has claimed that he drugged her coffee.

Carla Ferrigno - The wife of Incredible Hulk star Lou Ferrigno, claims Cosby tried to sexually assault her during a gathering at his house in 1967. What's more, Cosby allegedly tried to use a friend to help court Ferrigno, and allegedly made his move on the former Playboy Bunny just moments after his own wife, Camille, left the room.

Angela Leslie - The former model-actress claims that Cosby forced her to masturbate him in his Vegas hotel suite after giving her a strong drink in 1992.

Renita Chainey Hill - The 47-year-old mother-of-three who met Cosby when she was offered a role on Picture Pages in Pittsburgh claimed he would fly her to different cities around the United States and drug her during a four-year relationship.
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...years-paid-college-tuition.html#ixzz3Jk1QlLO6
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

That's twelve named people now. Every time I see this list on Daily Mail there's one more than previous time.

Kids Say the Darndest Things: ... Kids Say The Darndest Things is a show hosted by Bill Cosby. He asks kids various questions in a one on one interview style tv show that aired from 1998 to 2000 on CBS ...

And theres a person on here that thinks its ok for a rapist to be alone kids ..WHY...Because she says well he hasn't been convicted of pedofilia.

I must say, where there is smoke, there is likely fire.

However, I do have a huge problem with the fact that the media is really having a feeding frenzy here. I am NOT here to defend Bill Cosby. However, I would like to defend the American system. Although there is a right to free speech, I think we are crossing a border here that is dangerous. I do not believe that it is fair the way that this is being handled. EVERY single new accusation is being printed. EVERY single new accuser is being taken as fact. There is a good chance that this man was (or maybe still is) a predator. However, I do not like the fact that he is guilty until proven innocent. I do not like the fact that he has little recourse to defend himself in this arena. Sure, he can come out and say "No, I did not"; but the damage is already done.

Ray Donovan said it best when he was acquitted, "Which office do I go to to get my reputation back?"

He used his image, position and power to entice, then entrap vulnerable women into defenseless states so he could rape them. That same power, image and position was then used to bully them into silence.

Now this same power, image and position is resulting in this very visible media story. It's amazing how such power, image and position can bite you in the azz when you egregiously abuse it. He made this bed, he can lie in it. He should consider the bright side -- he could be in prison right now. One might say he's lucky.

I wonder how many celebs would be in jail right now for paying off someone out of court..That doesn't mean the accusation is at all true it means I would rather spend a few hundred bucks to shut this idiot up then have the hassle.....The show which can be found anywhere is called kids say the darndest things .and to you truth .i am aware what pedo means and rapist means .I know the difference .. Now if you would let a rapist be alone with your kids well thats your call .Me on the other hand i would never be ok with someone that is a rapist being alone with my kids just because he hasnt been convicted of pedofilia ..

He was never alone with anyone's kids

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members