Discussions on Formal Sentencing Hearing - Jodi Arias #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the judge was worried they only wanted her off because she did not agree with them which was not the case. She would not deliberate, she would not try, she would not listen or open herself up and then judged them for seeking revenge with a death vote.

This juror NEVER should have made it onto the panel. Any semi-competent jury consultant would have immediately red-flagged that person and said, "NO, not her, excuse her immediately!"

I can't believe this mistake. It was avoidable. She was accepted by the state to sit on that panel and there was already a big red flag waving in the breeze.

And NOW we find out in addition to her openness about her past DV and emotional abuse, she talked about the JA Lifetime movie during deliberations? Jurors are only to use the evidence given to make a determination and they are not to use outside influences or information.

I'm absolutely gobsmacked at the bad decision to allow her on. I didn't think I'd see another error like what I saw with the Anthony trial (one juror disclosed during voir dire they didn't think it was right to 'judge' anyone but was put on the Anthony jury panel anyway).

[SMH]

From Cathy:
Cathy ‏@courtchatter · 3m3 minutes ago

The holdout was juror #17. #jodiarias

I suspect even more unsettling information will come out on this women. Odd, how she picked the word revenge. imo

Not AZL but I can assure you that would have been highly unethical and grounds for appeal/overturning the DP if it would have changed it.

You might be completely right, but I'm going to need to hear it from AzLawyer. Or another attorney.

What? The lone holdout, on FB, has likes such as "The Law of Attraction" and Nancy Grace, etc.

The Law of Attraction?

What are the odds???????????? Yeah, that's right.

Sounds to me like the hold out totally identified with the killer , maybe from the Lifetime movie? Either way, she was totally biased and not death qualified and should not have been there.

That said, as sad as I am for the Alexander's, I think JSS will give killer LWOP, especially after hearing these jurors. How could she not?

AZL - can anything be done now regarding this jury ???

Since the jury tainted can there be another trial ?? Is death still an option ??

Joey Jackson already said no on HLN...no recourse. It's over. That's our system... jury misconduct only works one way. Pure BS

Good for them, saw through that evil and didn't even want to look at her even though she was trying to make eye contact.

Sorry but if it's true there was one hold out who wouldn't deliberate and JSS wouldn't replace them even after they asked to be replaced then i blame this on JSS. The appelate court could have then dealt with it. My heart is breaking for the Alexander's, the prosecution team, and the 11 jurors who did their job and wouldn't give up. I hope that one juror can sleep at night once she sees how badly she was manipulated by Jodi. I'm disgusted but i thank the jurors who saw this monster for what she is for their service and hard work

If Jodi gets 25 years I hope that Jodi spends the rest of her days living with that one hold out.

All 12 of them did their job.

Respectfully disagree. If she had actually deliberated, and could have articulated why she felt the murderess didn't deserve the DP, aside from her "it's revenge" comment, then I would have respect for her decision. I might not agreed with it, but I would at least respect it.

I am seriously leaning towards a jury only finding guilt, and victims family selecting from sentences, and if no family to select, then it would fall to a judge.

Joey Jackson already said no on HLN...no recourse. It's over. That's our system... jury misconduct only works one way. Pure BS

Thank You Sammie and yes pure BS. Our system failed in a major way. We had 11 great people whom tried to make a difference and do what was right, yet it took one single person whom clearly lies just as JA did.

but assume it would have to be in front of all counsel, Jodi, Travis family. But a little beyond my knowledge base-how potential juror issues get actually addressed in criminal trials. But clearly it's the judge's JOB to understand if/when juror messages are really alleging what amounts to misconduct, failure to deliberate or other circumstance that means proper deliberations are not occurring. The jury may not have worded their message(s) to the judge in correct legal terms (obviously) but the situation should have been understood and addressed. But I also assume the messages were seen by counsel. Would love to hear from Juan on this. Not sure if we will. I would go so far to say that the whole jury should have been questioned about the situation.

Boytwnmomm, could JSS have talked to this juror during deliberations to find out what was going on?

Omg! I was still holding on to a shred of hope. That is complete BS!!

This juror NEVER should have made it onto the panel. Any semi-competent jury consultant would have immediately red-flagged that person and said, "NO, not her, excuse her immediately!"

I can't believe this mistake. It was avoidable. She was accepted by the state to sit on that panel and there was already a big red flag waving in the breeze.

And NOW we find out in addition to her openness about her past DV and emotional abuse, she talked about the JA Lifetime movie during deliberations? Jurors are only to use the evidence given to make a determination and they are not to use outside influences or information.

I'm absolutely gobsmacked at the bad decision to allow her on. I didn't think I'd see another error like what I saw with the Anthony trial (one juror disclosed during voir dire they didn't think it was right to 'judge' anyone but was put on the Anthony jury panel anyway).

[SMH]

HOW did this juror slip past the interviewing process? SMH

I can't wait until April 13. I hope and pray JSS gives her hell, tells her what a manipulative, lying she is, and how evil she is. Not that it will matter. She doesn't care.

Yeah but who would want to go through this again?
Man. The Alexanders, JM, det. Flores, they deserved better than this.
Travis, deserved a verdict as well.

Before anyone annoying jumps in with "How do you know what TA would have want?", leave me be. It's my feelings on it. Bye.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Loveland