MI MI - Julia Niswender, 23, EMU student, Ypsilanti, 10 Dec 2012 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
The biggest takeaway I get from this article (if I am understanding it correctly), is that LE is tying the *advertiser censored* charges to Julia's murder?!?!? That is a huge revelation....that they are somehow connected. Wow.

Sure enough!

"Although Gress would not comment on whether the child *advertiser censored* charges in Monroe County at all stemmed from investigation into Niswender's death, Stablein said the charges are related."

http://www.mlive.com/news/ann-arbor/index.ssf/2015/03/julia_niswenders_stepfather_wa.html

*wow... I'm shocked by all of the news

Julia Niswender's stepdad was home when police believe she was killed, lawyer says
By Darcie Moran of MLive, Mar 5, '15 6:12 pm mentions that Ypsilanti police Lt. Deric Gress

found the stepdad "less forthcoming" and "He said the whole family has been cooperative, to a point."

Thanks for the link MIMOMMY

The lawyer said "it doesn’t make sense since he gave it to investigators voluntarily." about the computer here

What makes sense to me from the way he went to his place of business is that he may have had a place to hide other things there?

Is there any way to get an account validation expedited? Julia's cousin would very much like to post. She's signed up but getting a message that she "currently in the moderation cue".

Is there any way to get an account validation expedited? Julia's cousin would very much like to post. She's signed up but getting a message that she "currently in the moderation cue".

Your best bet is to reach out to the mods in PM.

If he was home sleeping as the twin is so adamant about, why would he not put that in a formal statement? Could it be guilt that won't let him knowingly make a false statement?

Could it be he was not present when the actual murder was committed, but he had arranged it?

If he was home sleeping as the twin is so adamant about, why would he not put that in a formal statement? Could it be guilt that won't let him knowingly make a false statement?

Could it be he was not present when the actual murder was committed, but he had arranged it?

An admittedly sleeping witness? A much as his step daughter thinks he may be innocent, she may have been asleep, so not aware of his absence.

If he did kill Julie...how terrible that the entire college and community had to worry all this time about a possible random killer among them...jmo

If he did kill Julie...how terrible that the entire college and community had to worry all this time about a possible random killer among them...jmo

Yes, and the damage done as you describe it may be just as deep in Monroe, as a community.

How do I find out which mods are online right now?

I don't know, but you can hit the alert icon (just below each post, the triangle with ! icon) and it will go to a mod. You can do it from the post you are "highlighting" and add your explanation of why you are reporting that post.

Send request to: (To expedite, yes, you might PM the mod on this thread and ask for their help as well) -

wsverify@xmission.com

Please include:

The case
Your Websleuths name
Your phone number and a good time to call
Your real name
Location (City and State)
In the subject line please put your user name and which case you are asking to be verified on

All info will be kept strictly confidential.

Yes, it's Barb. I tried everything I could to get her on here tonight. I sent messages to many mods. I even reported one of my own posts to try to get someone's attention. LambChop replied and said she couldn't approve her but that she'd forward the message along.

Lamby will try her hardest to help us, I am sure. It probably won't be tonight, tho possible. Hugs to Barb --- hope she feels welcome and supported.

Yes, it's Barb. I tried everything I could to get her on here tonight. I sent messages to many mods. I even reported one of my own posts to try to get someone's attention. LambChop replied and said she couldn't approve her but that she'd forward the message along.
I cannot imagine what that family is going through! My heart goes out to the Niswender family.

I am still in shock if these recent developments.

I just don't know how to feel. I do know it must have been hard to voice a suspicion like this about someone you know or are related to, but I commend these people. As a survivor of child molestation, having to keep my "secret" for over 50 years was a confusing and sickening time. I have great compassion for them. The entire families must be terribly shaken.

Sadly, entire communities are in turmoil and full of mixed emotions because of everything that has happened in the past two years. Julia's death, child *advertiser censored* allegations, karate classes with our children, Chelsea's disappearance. Two families at the center of major tragedies. Communities wanting to support them. Disgust for what appears to be occurring now. How do any of us get through this unscarred?

We need so many answers. I hope they come before too much more time passes. sad, all the way around.

http://monroenews.com/news/2015/mar/04/jennifer-niswender-backing-stepfather/?templates=tablet&top-stories=

This is for the article. I had heard this yesterday, but could not confirm it was the same person. I will see if I can still find the original articles about the lockdown situation.

At that time, when police came to serve the search warrant last week, Mr. Turnquist fled to the martial arts studio where he had taught classes next to Food Town on N. Telegraph Rd. The Michigan State Police, believing he might be armed and suicidal, swarmed the area, causing a brief lockdown at a nearby school. Mr. Turnquist was taken into custody without further incident.

OMG This is crazy..I'm speechless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member