FL - Dr Teresa Sievers, 46, murdered in home, Bonita Springs, June 2015 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
The officer speaks in riddles.lol movie, book deal, connections, just enough to get the imagination running off in all kinds of directions. Add truth and some people dont like the truth from the sister. Gotta feeling we may all be surprised by who the perp(s) is.

The Roman Catholic Church does not have female pastors. I'm Catholic and hope in my lifetime we will one day has female priests.
The charity which is now to receive the donations -- Good Shepherd Ministries Of Southwest Florida -- shares an address with something called "The Association of Roman Catholic Women Priests"; I would think it safe to say that this is not Vatican-affiliated.

Apparently Dr. Sievers for better or worse played by her own rules in not only her professional but also her spiritual life.

Orthodox (traditional) Jews are weary of alternative medicine, particularly because Reiki taps into "universal energy" to cure the patient.

Ahhh, convenient disclaimer. But now that Dr Sievers is gone what on earth does LS bring to the table?

[/B]

BBM New Age reason: "Our goal is to get you well. Dr. Sievers describes achieving this goal as a wellness journey in which you are the driver and she is the co-pilot. Therefore, she is only as good a doctor as you are in committing to helping yourself."

http://www.drteresasievers.com/new-patient.php#.VZ710vlVhBc

I totally believe that acupuncture can be helpful, that particular treatment I have never questioned (have had it myself).

I have been following along this horrific case from the beginning. I'm happy to see that LE may have a good handle on what is going on.

I just wanted to chime in a bit on alternative therapies. Years ago I became a LMT and studied different modatlities (body work techniques). Energy based theories are what Acupuncture, Reiki, some body work, auras etc work on. I'm someone that has long standing lyme disease and much of these things make you feel better. There is clear data on acupuncture (meridians) that are ancient studies of energy lines going through your body. Auras are an interesting idea of entertainment such that astrology is...if you believe it's fine..if you don't it still can be interesting. Pam Oslie "aura colors" is a great book. We gravitate to certain colors that are personality and emotionally based in us..there are tests in there and you can find your colors. Again....just interesting if you find it interesting.

I know that the pure feeling of someone caring about you and spending time on "treatments" can have a placebo effect....and for many of us a little help is better than no help.

As my own research I have tried almost all alternative approaches..some I believe, others I don't...but my insurance does cover acupuncture treatments as they are quite accepted in today's treatment options. Guided imagery is amazing...which is self hypnosis.

Anyway I just wanted to chime in a bit on this topic as I see that some of us WS don't understand those of us that do have issues that "modern" medicine doesn't have the time or patience to even figure out what it is. Lyme disease affects all systems of the body..and most don't show up on any tests...so they say it is in your head...it isn't..we just don't have tests yet that can actually quantify the slow breakdown of our bodies.

I admire a doctor that combines East and West...it is someone who looks at the whole person..not just separate organs. This doctor sounds outstanding. What a loss of such a passionate physician.

LS has 2 facebook pages....one a professional/wellness one, and one a personal one.

I may be wrong, but I think some others have been referring to the FB of the LMT, not Dr Sievers ... (were you talking about Dr Sievers' FB?)

WOW!!! Dr. Teresa passed out when Lenka gave her a Reiki session. This was a very interesting video with a ton of insight. Thank you.

Do you know if it is against any religion to participate in these types of energy healing, numerology, etc.?

It was actually LS who passed out during the session, not Dr. Sievers

The officer speaks in riddles.lol movie, book deal, connections, just enough to get the imagination running off in all kinds of directions. Add truth and some people dont like the truth from the sister. Gotta feeling we may all be surprised by who the perp(s) is.

It's certainly an interesting cast of characters in this real life "movie".

But in the case where a seemingly well respected female doctor is found brutally murdered in her home wouldn't it just be expected that home and office computers taken for forensic inspection?.........it makes sense to me and like just standard protocol..........perhaps to see if she'd received any threats by email, who had she been communicating with, etc.

If the case has intricacies and it would make a book or movie, a simple burglary makes no sense. LE seized computers from home and office.

It seems like it will be something unusual

I get the picture of someone riding the coattails of someone well respected and a real mentor. I see this as even more evident now, since the doctor's death. There was such a quick and immediate (strangely quick) push to want to attend events and such (the GMA show, the seminar) to allegedly 'share Dr Siever's passion.' That just seems to strange to me given that LS is not a doctor and can't in anyway carry on where the doctor left off. Not to diss her but let's be real, she's a Licensed Massage Therapist who became qualified as such in 2014 and the remainder of her "skills" and offerings are not exactly professionally trained or regulated. I could hang a shingle on my door tomorrow claiming to be a "medical intuitive" or "intuologist" but it doesn't mean I am. I just can't help but get a feeling that someone is perhaps taking advantage of this horrific situation, for career/professional gain and to make a name for herself simply due to her association with the good Dr Sievers. Seems shady and tacky to me. JMO.

BBM I totally agree. It is difficult for me to reconcile Dr. Sievers belief in honesty and justice with the testimonials on one of her associate's website regarding "reading of cards" and "communicating with the deceased". imho jmoo

I get the picture of someone riding the coattails of someone well respected and a real mentor. I see this as even more evident now, since the doctor's death. There was such a quick and immediate (strangely quick) push to want to attend events and such (the GMA show, the seminar) to allegedly 'share Dr Siever's passion.' That just seems to strange to me given that LS is not a doctor and can't in anyway carry on where the doctor left off. Not to diss her but let's be real, she's a Licensed Massage Therapist who became qualified as such in 2014 and the remainder of her "skills" and offerings are not exactly professionally trained or regulated. I could hang a shingle on my door tomorrow claiming to be a "medical intuitive" or "intuologist" but it doesn't mean I am. I just can't help but get a feeling that someone is perhaps taking advantage of this horrific situation, for career/professional gain and to make a name for herself simply due to her association with the good Dr Sievers. Seems shady and tacky to me. JMO.

Without a doubt my opinion also ....

Maybe I'm dreaming but I thought I had read here that they'd been heard by neighbors testing the home alarm a couple of weeks prior to the murder, not after?

Apparently, the security alarm failed to sound. It was mentioned in great detail on NG tonight. They will be a major witness in this case if it proves to be evident that either the alarm was deactivated remotely from a cell phone, Internet device or malfunctioned. This is why the Siever brothers were out testing it on July 4th per the neighbors. -- per NG

Maybe I'm dreaming but I thought I had read here that they'd been heard by neighbors testing the home alarm a couple of weeks prior to the murder, not after?

That was initially said (tested week before murder); however, it was on NG tonight that the neighbor cleared it up and it was def. tested by the bros. on 7/4/2015 after murder. This will be on the Transcript tomorrow.

I believe that was incorrectly posted on this board, so I posted earlier today that I had heard on NG that the neighbors had said it was actually the July 4th weekend that the brothers were seen testing the alarm.

I thought it was rather strange about what Sheriff Scott said about a movie/book deal/connectivity.

Looks like he will be running for reelection. Maybe he is just amping up for his campaign. Tough on crime...we will get the murder(s), we are going to crack this complicated case wide open. Just a guess...not disparaging Sheriff Scott at all.

http://www.winknews.com/2015/06/30/race-for-lee-county-sheriff-heats-up/

Snip:" Sheriff Scott says he’s proud to run on his record, and believes he has a lot of support.

Sgt. Eller is a 15-year veteran in the Lee County Sheriff’s Office, but announced Tuesday she will retire soon to take on Sheriff Scott.

She criticizes the office for not releasing more details about the murder in Bonita Springs.

“It doesn’t appear that they have even told the citizens ‘you have nothing to worry about, you’re safe, we believe this is an isolated incident.’ Or, ‘lock your doors, we’ve got a madman on the loose.’ The people need to know one of those two things,” said Eller."

To me, his comment about the situation/details around the brutal murder being what books and movies are made of, was a bit crass and sensationlistic. When I first read I thought to myself, "wow, this is someone's daughter/sister/wife/mother who was killed in her own home that we're talking about here, not some big fodder for a true crime book/movie." It just struck me as an inappropriate thing to say. JMO

I thought it was rather strange about what Sheriff Scott said about a movie/book deal/connectivity.

Looks like he will be running for reelection. Maybe he is just amping up for his campaign. Tough on crime...we will get the murder(s), we are going to crack this complicated case wide open. Just a guess...not disparaging Sheriff Scott at all.

http://www.winknews.com/2015/06/30/race-for-lee-county-sheriff-heats-up/

Snip:" Sheriff Scott says he’s proud to run on his record, and believes he has a lot of support.

Sgt. Eller is a 15-year veteran in the Lee County Sheriff’s Office, but announced Tuesday she will retire soon to take on Sheriff Scott.

She criticizes the office for not releasing more details about the murder in Bonita Springs.

“It doesn’t appear that they have even told the citizens ‘you have nothing to worry about, you’re safe, we believe this is an isolated incident.’ Or, ‘lock your doors, we’ve got a madman on the loose.’ The people need to know one of those two things,” said Eller."

I thought the book and movie comment was un-called for...as if we would all be excited to see that book or movie come out. Hearing that it was "gruesome" and that a hammer was involved was enough..we get the picture...to me it felt a little like he was bragging that they had this big case...that might be famous someday. Like that's suppose to make us all feel better...rant over.

"wow, this is someone's daughter/sister/wife/mother who was killed in her own home that we're talking about here, not some big fodder for a true crime book/movie." It just struck me as an inappropriate thing to say. JMO

exactly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members