ID - DeOrr Kunz, Jr., 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #28

Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM. LE wasn't treating it like a crime scene at the time. What I find interesting is that TBC even asked for permission to throw it away. It's almost as if she was treating it like a crime scene before LE was.

I almost hesitate to wade in but I'm bored; as I recall the diaper hung in the tree was put out there "unofficially". In one of his chats I think Klein said no soiled diapers were ever found and the story of 1 being thrown away was a sideshow. It certainly doesn't seem like the kind of thing a distraught grandmother would decide she needed to do on day 1 of a search for her missing grandson. I could be confused as it gets hard to separate some of the details as they come out from various sources and often seem to change.

I agree with the general sentiment that it's a shame the area wasn't secured better, but I understand. I imagine most calls for missing children are actually legitimate and LE takes them at face value, if a toddler is wandering around the woods I certainly wouldn't want LE to spend time securing a crime scene. I assume there is some kind of general handling for cases like this where at least someone watches the main scene while the rest of LE goes about the business of searching.

She already admitted to failing a polygraph, so there's no doubt in my mind she at the least knows more than she is leading us and LE to believe.
Actually it came back inconclusive which is way diffrent then a pass or fail.

Sent from my LGL82VL using Tapatalk

Thanks so much. I will try to find it but I take your word for it that it is there.

So strange that LE would even allow that to be thrown away at the time. This would be a good question for the sheriff when we had a chance to ask him questions about the case. It would be interesting if he recalls this or not.
I believe Trish had the sheriff on the radio show awhile back.

Tricia did ask the sheriff about the diaper:

from the interview transcripts:
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...nce-**NO-DISCUSSION**&p=12319129#post12319129

19:30
TG: Okay, and from one of our members comes this. Was the dirty diaper ever found and proven to be from Deorr and was their blood in the diaper?

20:42
SB: You know I’m not aware of any diaper found outside of the camp, and I don’t recall any blood ever being observed on a diaper.

Here it is in a black & white direct quote:

Back in January, the Lemhi County Sheriff's Office named both Mitchell and Kunz suspects in their missing toddler's case. The sheriff claiming both had been "less than truthful." Sheriff Bowerman added since their son's disappearance each parent has failed multiple polygraph tests.

"They could not pass the section on 'do you know where DeOrr Kunz is at this time and do you know what happened to him?' They could not pass those two parts of the polygraph," Bowerman said.

http://www.ktvb.com/news/local/idah...f-deorrs-death-has-to-be-a-homicide/266689540

BBM. LE wasn't treating it like a crime scene at the time. What I find interesting is that TBC even asked for permission to throw it away. It's almost as if she was treating it like a crime scene before LE was.

Yes, interesting isn't it?

(It's also interesting that after Bowerman came out and said he was unsure whether DeOrr was even at the campground, TBC changed her story, saying that what she threw away was not DeOrr's diaper, but her dad's Depends..... me thinks the diaper story may have been a fib..... MOO).

(It's also interesting that after Bowerman came out and said he was unsure whether DeOrr was even at the campground, TBC changed her story, saying that what she threw away was not DeOrr's diaper, but her dad's Depends..... me thinks the diaper story may have been a fib..... MOO).

she said she THOUGHT it was her dad's but then found out it was DeOrr's, IIRC

Actually it came back inconclusive which is way diffrent then a pass or fail.

Link please.

I have read where she says it was inconclusive but not sure I've seen LE officially say it was inconclusive. I think we all know plenty of cases where various players let the public know how they "smoked" the poly or it was inconclusive only to find out the officials have a different opinion.

Link please.

I have read where she says it was inconclusive but not sure I've seen LE officially say it was inconclusive. I think we all know plenty of cases where various players let the public know how they "smoked" the poly or it was inconclusive only to find out the officials have a different opinion.
Honestly she isn't even a suspect or a POI So I'm not sure why it even matters. She wasn't there. I refuse to drag an innocent grandmother of a missing child threw the mud. Have a good day.

I agree. Besides, even if it was true, it isn't possible to mistake an adult diaper or Depends for a two year old's diaper.

I can't scroll back through pages nor quote (I think my Tapatalk is playing up) but in reply to ReadySet if a nappy (diaper) was rolled up then it's possible it was mistaken size wise unless it was opened? When I use disposables for the little one I roll it up tight then use the tabs to seal it closed. Granted they were a lot smaller when he was a newborn but he's three now and they're pretty big.

Sent from my MotoE2(4G-LTE) using Tapatalk

The whole diaper story doesn't pass the smell test, to me.

The whole diaper story doesn't pass the smell test, to me.
Well, as I said, I can't read back about the diaper story at the moment, am I right in thinking there was only one diaper for the whole time De'orr was supposedly there or is there something else?

The whole scenario doesn't smell right to me. Not in the slightest, but I was just throwing it out there re: diaper sizes.

Sent from my MotoE2(4G-LTE) using Tapatalk

she said she THOUGHT it was her dad's but then found out it was DeOrr's, IIRC

Yep, originally she said it was DeOrr's but a year later she says she thought it was her dad's. It's a little murky.

Below is her comment from Klein's July 6th FB post (it's still there). It's very interesting that earlier that same day, East Idaho News released their story where Bowerman made the following statement, “Not only am I not believing he was ever there, but I’m believing that we have a homicide.”

<modsnip>

For the first year that DeOrr was missing, she claimed she threw away DeOrr's soiled diaper (and used it as proof that DeOrr was at the campsite) and that she asked for permission before tossing it in the church's trash. Now she is saying she originally thought it was her dad's Depends? If she thought it was her dad's diaper, why on earth would she ask for permission to throw it away? And who exactly told her later it was DeOrr's diaper? It's very confusing. And, yes, the size and weight of the two would be vastly different, in my opinion. [MOO]

Honestly she isn't even a suspect or a POI So I'm not sure why it even matters. She wasn't there. I refuse to drag an innocent grandmother of a missing child threw the mud. Have a good day.

Well played! I am a fan of your work on other pages as well.
I certainly wouldn't want to drag a non POI THROUGH the mud, I was just curious if there was actual proof that her poly was inconclusive. My natural inclination of course is to believe a grandmother who has raised such a fine daughter and was on the phone with said daughter numerous times throughout the day Deorr vanished. I am glad she was able to get up to the campsite so very, very quickly and help out her daughter in her time of need.

Well played! I am a fan of your work on other pages as well.
I certainly wouldn't want to drag a non POI THROUGH the mud, I was just curious if there was actual proof that her poly was inconclusive. My natural inclination of course is to believe a grandmother who has raised such a fine daughter and was on the phone with said daughter numerous times throughout the day Deorr vanished. I am glad she was able to get up to the campsite so very, very quickly and help out her daughter in her time of need.
She said it was inconclusive. No I don't think LE has said anything about it to back her up or call her out. I personally believe her.
But I look at it this way if she was lying I think she would of been named at least a poi by now. Especially by Klien. He has no problems showing videos of her....had she not passed I think we would of heard by now as it's never seemed like LE or anyone ever hide the results.

Thanks so much. I will try to find it but I take your word for it that it is there.

So strange that LE would even allow that to be thrown away at the time. This would be a good question for the sheriff when we had a chance to ask him questions about the case. It would be interesting if he recalls this or not.
I believe Trish had the sheriff on the radio show awhile back.
Just something I want to point out. As a nursing assistant many years ago I've seem my fair share of depends.

GGP is not a skinny man from videos I've seen.
How do you confuse a grown man's depends and a toddlers?

His would be GREATLY larger.
So much so that it's obvious who's is who. A two year olds soiled diaper is not only lighter but would be wrapped. All depends I've seen look like underwear and are heavy when soiled.

I almost hesitate to wade in but I'm bored; as I recall the diaper hung in the tree was put out there "unofficially". In one of his chats I think Klein said no soiled diapers were ever found and the story of 1 being thrown away was a sideshow. It certainly doesn't seem like the kind of thing a distraught grandmother would decide she needed to do on day 1 of a search for her missing grandson. I could be confused as it gets hard to separate some of the details as they come out from various sources and often seem to change.

I agree with the general sentiment that it's a shame the area wasn't secured better, but I understand. I imagine most calls for missing children are actually legitimate and LE takes them at face value, if a toddler is wandering around the woods I certainly wouldn't want LE to spend time securing a crime scene. I assume there is some kind of general handling for cases like this where at least someone watches the main scene while the rest of LE goes about the business of searching.

My post wasn't meant to criticize LE for not treating it like a crime scene early enough. I was more so pointing out that I found it interesting that TBC asked for permission. I heard she works in the department of corrections, so maybe she was just aware that she should ask permission of LE before doing something like that. I'll give her the benefit of the doubt for now.

My post wasn't meant to criticize LE for not treating it like a crime scene early enough. I was more so pointing out that I found it interesting that TBC asked for permission. I heard she works in the department of corrections, so maybe she was just aware that she should ask permission of LE before doing something like that. I'll give her the benefit of the doubt for now.

No doubt I am not trying to put that on you, I quoted you more for the purposes of the diaper in the tree. I have seen a couple of posts where people lamented that LE didn't treat the area like a crime scene earlier but I think almost everyone has been respectful of LE rather than trying to "blame" them. I tried to capture that same sentiment in my post as it really is a bad spot, they are called for a missing child but turns out the main campsite where tons of people are tramping around is a possible crime scene.

Could someone explain what "the department of corrections" is please.

It is not a term used in the UK, but I'm guessing it has something to do with a correctional facility ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jackparsley