Deceased/Not Found IL - Yingying Zhang, 26, Urbana, 9 June 2017 #6 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very sad. My heart goes out to them.

Family of missing Chinese scholar at U. of I. speaks of pain and
uncertainty

When Yingying Zhang's mother learned that her daughter had gone missing from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign on June 9, she fainted. She could not eat or sleep, and became too weak to work.

The time since only has become more agonizing for the Zhang family. Their hopes have been dashed at every turn: First, the hope Zhang was merely missing, not kidnapped; then, the hope that she would be found safe and unharmed. Then, the hope that her body would be found quickly.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...g-family-press-conference-20170821-story.html

See post #127 re diary. See LE media regarding his statement as regards where he left her out of car.. not sure whether there was a specific location mentioned, think it went like, 'she panicked when I took a wrong turn so I dropped her off'
Thanks kitty. I read that and it said she always had it with her which I thought strange because she obviously did not have it that day. So it made me wonder what her last diary entry was? Re the wrong turn, can we work out when that would have been based on the facts we know which are where she was heading and where she was picked up. So when would she have panicked theoretically? Got off bus at Matthews/Springfield heading to One North apts at North Lincoln avenue. Picked up by BC in North Goodwin Ave. All BC needed to do was drive straight up Nth Goodwin to the T junction with county road North 1200 and the One North apts are right there opposite so where supposedly was the wrong turn made? Its straight up N.Goodwin.

Thanks kitty. I read that and it said she always had it with her which I thought strange because she obviously did not have it that day. So it made me wonder what her last diary entry was? Re the wrong turn, can we work out when that would have been based on the facts we know which are where she was heading and where she was picked up. So when would she have panicked theoretically? Picked up Matthews/Springfield heading to (will edit to complete after checking)
The phone pinged at the Terminal, so they likely turned left, away from her destination.

The phone pinged at the Terminal, so they likely turned left, away from her destination.
A girl wrote a really , to me, enlightening , post regarding his gym behaviour. The gym was located less than 5 minutes walk from his apt, yet he drove there, did not walk.. I am wondering whether his driving to gym only commenced following the abduction? If so it might suggest that if he did not kill her immediately, he held her somewhere that was a drive away and not a walk away? I wonder if there is any way to find out?
I like the thought that he held her somewhere within an easy walk of his apt.. that he intended keeping her as a slave for quite awhile.. but if it was a long drive away that theory would not pan out.
Whereas I have no problem believing he immobilised her quickly, possibly with a blow to the head shortly after picking her up, I'm not sure killing her immediately would have been his goal.
I have searched high up and low down for people selling bodies, videos, movies, I found nothing to trace him to anything I found, but I dont have great searching skills.. or pc skills..
I still believe his actual movements will be tracked from his net travels.. his contacts.. his degenerating sexual proclivities.. his ultimate aim in abducting a girl, an asian girl, a young girl etc.
I think it might be something obvious and simple, so simple that it got overlooked.
Having seen footage of his apartment externally, I dont believe he brought her there, but I believe he brought he to a pre-prepared space.. perhaps another apt to which he had access and within easy reach.
Wonder if he had access to any lock-up storage facilities?
I wonder still whether LE did not actually obtain his entire electronics/computer stock.. he had time to hide them..

http://www.storagesquad.com/
this is old https://www.reddit.com/r/UIUC/comments/1cyfl3/summer_storage_options/

https://www.collegeboxes.com/global/aboutus/school.seam?ign
https://www.sparefoot.com/Champaign-IL-self-storage/university-of-illinois-at-urbana-champaign.html
these are just tip of iceberg.. but I wonder whether he hired any storage boxes or shipped any or if there are any records to this effect?

What is the Terminal and what road is it on? Please have a look at my last post I have updated it and BC would not have had to make a turn at all but just needed to drive straight up N.Goodwin to get to Yingying's destination so that is obviously just BS. He knows the area so he would not have made a "wrong turn" unless he did it deliberately.

All BC needed to do was drive straight up Nth Goodwin to the T junction with county road North 1200 and the One North apts are right there opposite so where supposedly was the wrong turn made? Its straight up N.Goodwin.

Exactly. After his first lie which was that he was home all day, he had the chance to fix it, and it was still bogus and easily refuted. I also did an analysis of the street video, and his claim that she showed him the location on her cell phone is also untrue. He immediately drives off as soon as she gets in the car, so there is no time to show him the location.

Exactly. After his first lie which was that he was home all day, he had the chance to fix it, and it was still bogus and easily refuted. I also did an analysis of the street video, and his claim that she showed him the location on her cell phone is also untrue. He immediately drives off as soon as she gets in the car, so there is no time to show him the location.
He would know where it was. How long has he been at the Uni? 3 years or so? I found it pretty quick just now by looking at the map in the post at the beginning of the thread. It's a dead straight drive. Yingying knew where it was too so knew straight away when he didn't go there I bet. MOO.

He would know where it was. How long has he been at the Uni? 3 years or so? I found it pretty quick just now by looking at the map in the post at the beginning of the thread. It's a dead straight drive. Yingying knew where it was too so knew straight away when he didn't go there I bet. MOO.

again his assertion that he took a wrong turn is most likely a lie.. Everything is a lie.

A girl wrote a really , to me, enlightening , post regarding his gym behaviour. The gym was located less than 5 minutes walk from his apt, yet he drove there, did not walk.. I am wondering whether his driving to gym only commenced following the abduction? If so it might suggest that if he did not kill her immediately, he held her somewhere that was a drive away and not a walk away? I wonder if there is any way to find out?
I like the thought that he held her somewhere within an easy walk of his apt.. that he intended keeping her as a slave for quite awhile.. but if it was a long drive away that theory would not pan out.
Whereas I have no problem believing he immobilised her quickly, possibly with a blow to the head shortly after picking her up, I'm not sure killing her immediately would have been his goal.
I have searched high up and low down for people selling bodies, videos, movies, I found nothing to trace him to anything I found, but I dont have great searching skills.. or pc skills..
I still believe his actual movements will be tracked from his net travels.. his contacts.. his degenerating sexual proclivities.. his ultimate aim in abducting a girl, an asian girl, a young girl etc.
I think it might be something obvious and simple, so simple that it got overlooked.
Having seen footage of his apartment externally, I dont believe he brought her there, but I believe he brought he to a pre-prepared space.. perhaps another apt to which he had access and within easy reach.
Wonder if he had access to any lock-up storage facilities?
I wonder still whether LE did not actually obtain his entire electronics/computer stock.. he had time to hide them..

http://www.storagesquad.com/
this is old https://www.reddit.com/r/UIUC/comments/1cyfl3/summer_storage_options/

https://www.collegeboxes.com/global/aboutus/school.seam?ign
https://www.sparefoot.com/Champaign-IL-self-storage/university-of-illinois-at-urbana-champaign.html
these are just tip of iceberg.. but I wonder whether he hired any storage boxes or shipped any or if there are any records to this effect?
Did he go to the gym later that afternoon after she disappeared? If so do we know what time?

Did he go to the gym later that afternoon after she disappeared? If so do we know what time?
It should be searchable.. I have never in my life entered a gym so I dont know whether there is a signing in process for members? Probably is...And did he bring his car is other question?

Thanks kitty. I read that and it said she always had it with her which I thought strange because she obviously did not have it that day. So it made me wonder what her last diary entry was? Re the wrong turn, can we work out when that would have been based on the facts we know which are where she was heading and where she was picked up. So when would she have panicked theoretically? Got off bus at Matthews/Springfield heading to One North apts at North Lincoln avenue. Picked up by BC in North Goodwin Ave. All BC needed to do was drive straight up Nth Goodwin to the T junction with *county road North 1200 and the One North apts are right there opposite so where supposedly was the wrong turn made? Its straight up N.Goodwin.
* correction - should be County Road 1700 North not county road North 1200.

For those who missed it, the Zhang family news conference from yesterday (~50+ mins.) is now up on YouTube; so many parts heartbreaking, and Yingying's mom crying throughout. But I think all will want to view it, even though it yields little new information:
[video=youtube;ZlRG8aaiHpc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlRG8aaiHpc[/video]
Keep in mind too, the next pre-trial hearing for BC is scheduled for this next Monday, unless it is postponed.

I have a couple thoughts to throw out, why did BC have a backpack on at the vigil when there were no classes? Had the abandoned ZTA house been searched?

What is the Terminal and what road is it on? Please have a look at my last post I have updated it and BC would not have had to make a turn at all but just needed to drive straight up N.Goodwin to get to Yingying's destination so that is obviously just BS. He knows the area so he would not have made a "wrong turn" unless he did it deliberately.
It makes a lot of sense to read through thread 1-2, as all of these questions have been answered 100 times. You can also google The Terminal Champaign IL and find it on google maps. Or I can just hand it to you. https://www.google.com/maps/place/I...5afe03e9d77fd7!8m2!3d40.1157317!4d-88.2412076

All BC needed to do was drive straight up Nth Goodwin to the T junction with county road North 1200 and the One North apts are right there opposite so where supposedly was the wrong turn made? Its straight up N.Goodwin.

I wouldn't drive straight north on Goodwin to get there. It is a residential neighborhood that few people but the residents have a reason to drive through, I didn't even realize it went all the way to Bradley Avenue. The neighborhood has a sketchy history too. I would have turned right on University (which would seem like a wrong turn to you) and a left on Lincoln.

I wouldn't drive straight north on Goodwin to get there. It is a residential neighborhood that few people but the residents have a reason to drive through, I didn't even realize it went all the way to Bradley Avenue. The neighborhood has a sketchy history too. I would have turned right on University (which would seem like a wrong turn to you) and a left on Lincoln.
where would you take a captive from your knowledge of the area?

It should be searchable.. I have never in my life entered a gym so I dont know whether there is a signing in process for members? Probably is...And did he bring his car is other question?

If he entered the gym later that day they would know. I don't know of a gym where you don't have to scan a membership card upon arrival.. almost guaranteed in a college town.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If he entered the gym later that day they would know. I don't know of a gym where you don't have to scan a membership card upon arrival.. almost guaranteed in a college town.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks for that.
I wonder whether their cctv carpark footage would be kept for long?
Thinkin' if we could just narrow a search range down a tad?
I am speculating he planned it, had prepared a venue in advance and a method of rendering her powerless or chained..
whats your instinct?

June 19 [FONT=&quot]At 2:07 p.m. Thursday, a U. of I. student reported that she had been harassed by a man in a vehicle. It was reported that a man in a white compact car began “cat calling” her and demanded she get in the vehicle in the 200 block of East John Street on June 11 and the 300 block of East Green Street on June 14. The student left the area both times.

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]At 2:28 p.m. June 12, University of Illinois Police investigators contacted a U. of I. student who reported she had been approached at 9:27 a.m. June 9 near Stoughton Street and Busey Avenue, Urbana, by a man in a black sedan who purported to be an undercover police officer and requested she get in the car. The student left the area. The incident had previously been reported to the Urbana Police Department.

nothing much here [/FONT]
https://illinois.edu/blog/view/7515?ACTION=HOMEPAGE&displayOrder=desc&displayColumn=created&displayCount=50&queryTag=0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tici