Laura Babcock Murder Trial 10.31.17 - Day 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm wondering if the ipad or something was in the suitcase...he is trying to imply she had the suitcase after the date she "disappeared" is my guess.

Who knows, hes all over the place. No wonder he couldn't run a business.

Shannon Martin
Trevors said when they arrived at her parents' house, Babcock seemed happy to be there.

"She gave me a big hug, and said 'thank you for everything.'"

Babcock wrote down her phone number and Trevors left.

Shannon Martin
Crown Jill Cameron asks Trevors about Babcock's dog.

Her name was Lacey, she wore a purple bow in her hair and had a purple collar.

"She never left her side, even when we went to get pizza, she brought her inside to Pizza Pizza with her," said Trevors.

Shannon Martin
The witness is asked about drug use.

She saw Babcock smoke marijuana and asked someone to bring her cocaine.

Trevors said a friend named Nate met them at a bar, and Trevors was extremely uncomfortable. Nate told her not to worry, that it was baking soda. He didn't want Babcock to use cocaine anymore.

Trevors asked if it was safe, and Nate said, "It can't be any worse than what she's doing."

Trevors said Babcock did not talk about her mental health, or suicide.

But they did talk about her future.

"She wanted to have a school where she could teach people to act and dance," Trevors said.

"She wanted to be an actress"

Shannon Martin
Trevors reached out to Babcock after dropping her off to let her know she'd forgotten Lacey's water and food dishes, and a pair of sunglasses.

Babcock apologized and said she'd drop by and pick them up.

Trevors said she was moving July 2, so could it be before then?

Babcock said she would come, but never did.

Trevors never heard from Laura Babcock again.

We are breaking for lunch for one hour.

So let's hear from this Nate character now, hmm?

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

I was in the courtroom until recess today.

A few observations:

Babcock family is doing surprisingly well. All things considered.

I was surprised at how meek and nerdy DM is in real life. He had a felt type suit jacket on today. It was way too big and looked like it may have belonged to an elderly man. He did a better job representing himself than I had assumed but has a long way to go. Seems to rely a lot on asking questions to the judge.

Brad Dean was a disappointing witness as he had clearly not brushed up on his police statements and got tripped up easily. You can see that DM is trying to prove that the witness said in a statement that he saw LB after July 3. And even pulled up a weird shot of himself with clam style suitcase.

I kept forgetting that Smich was in the room as his name didn’t come up at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shannon Martin
Trevors reached out to Babcock after dropping her off to let her know she'd forgotten Lacey's water and food dishes, and a pair of sunglasses.

Babcock apologized and said she'd drop by and pick them up.

Trevors said she was moving July 2, so could it be before then?

Babcock said she would come, but never did.

Trevors never heard from Laura Babcock again.

We are breaking for lunch for one hour.

Awfully coincidental she was moving July 2. Not implying anything, just strange. Wonder if she needs to prove she actually moved then?

Does anyone know what was on the DVR that LE found in CNs room?

A few observations:

I was surprised at how meek and nerdy DM is in real life. He had a felt type suit jacket on today. It was way too big and looked like it may have belonged to an elderly man. He did a better job representing himself than I had assumed but has a long way to go. Seems to rely a lot on asking questions to the judge.

Brad Dean was a disappointing witness as he had clearly not brushed up on his police statements and got tripped up easily. You can see that DM is trying to prove that the witness said in a statement that he saw LB after July 3. And even pulled up a weird shot of himself with clam style suitcase.

Caught a brief glimpse of Millard today, looked like the ponytail was gone?

And was Trevors the girl with the bright pink hair? Because I saw her, she was a witness, and I thought that might be Marlena Meneses?

Awfully coincidental she was moving July 2. Not implying anything, just strange. Wonder if she needs to prove she actually moved then?

The 2nd was the Monday of the long weekend - not really that weird.

Yes, it is much shorter but looks like he did it himself. Has the Palawan braid on the right side.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

From what I get, it's not that big.. tiny braid kind of behind his ear or something.. a bit longer than the rest of his hair (since he just had it trimmed as per reports).. I recall an earlier time when DM was in jail and it was said that he had been growing his braid thingy in same location, and it was to keep track of how long it had been since he had had a visit from his lawyer.. (at the time, I believe it was Paradkar).. that is just from my memory.. I wonder what he is keeping track of *this* time? (perhaps how long since he's heard from CN??)

And was Trevors the girl with the bright pink hair? Because I saw her, she was a witness, and I thought that might be Marlena Meneses?

I don't recall a girl with bright pink hair? Where did you see?

A few observations:

For clarificaiton... in the photo with a guy with a suitcase.. was it DM or the Dean guy?

DM really trying to cause doubt that LB was seen as late as July10..... good luck with that... glad this witness is credible.

Credible or not - if he's trying to establish NOT being the last person to see her does that mean that LE doesn't have any DNA proof? I would assume that he's got an evidence list at his disposal.. If there was DNA proof I would think that he'd be taking another angle with this.. suicide or something and they panicked.. or Mark did it and he helped him clean up his mess.. again.. :facepalm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TrueCrimeTarot