Laura Babcock Murder Trial 10.31.17 - Day 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't recall a girl with bright pink hair? Where did you see?

She was sitting in the chairs just to the left of the doors, by herself. The they started letting people in to the court some lawyer came and asked if she had a copy of her statement.

I was in the courtroom until recess today.

A few observations:

Babcock family is doing surprisingly well. All things considered.

I was surprised at how meek and nerdy DM is in real life. He had a felt type suit jacket on today. It was way too big and looked like it may have belonged to an elderly man. He did a better job representing himself than I had assumed but has a long way to go. Seems to rely a lot on asking questions to the judge.

Brad Dean was a disappointing witness as he had clearly not brushed up on his police statements and got tripped up easily. You can see that DM is trying to prove that the witness said in a statement that he saw LB after July 3. And even pulled up a weird shot of himself with clam style suitcase.

I kept forgetting that Smich was in the room as his name didn’t come up at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes.. it was like their appearances traded places.. whereas MS was once scrawny.. the little guy.. he went on to become fuller and healthy looking, while DM had previously had some meat to him, and then became scrawny and ill looking.. (from TB trial memories)

The 2nd was the Monday of the long weekend - not really that weird.

Only weird because LB apparently was murdered the next day or so. Weird because LB was never seen again after that date too. Would be interested to know if her move was because now she felt unsafe in any way. (speculating)

For clarificaiton... in the photo with a guy with a suitcase.. was it DM or the Dean guy?

DM in jeans with a short sleeved button up shirt. The suitcase was bright red, hard plastic clamshell style. It was the carry-on style so quite small. He was leaning over it so you couldn't see it well. It looked like he was loading it on to his helicopter. The red and clear one.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

She was sitting in the chairs just to the left of the doors, by herself. The they started letting people in to the court some lawyer came and asked if she had a copy of her statement.

Was that after the recess? I didn't see anyone with pink hair before that There was a group of women in that area. I thought that one may have been MS sister and one was his Mom but wasn't sure.

Only weird because LB apparently was murdered the next day or so. Weird because LB was never seen again after that date too. Would be interested to know if her move was because now she felt unsafe in any way. (speculating)

She told her she was moving, doesn't necessarily mean she was. Possibly something she said just so this wouldn't drag on. You would think that she would have mentioned that she was moving in the coming days when LB was staying there?

Credible or not - if he's trying to establish NOT being the last person to see her does that mean that LE doesn't have any DNA proof? I would assume that he's got an evidence list at his disposal.. If there was DNA proof I would think that he'd be taking another angle with this.. suicide or something and they panicked.. or Mark did it and he helped him clean up his mess.. again.. :facepalm:

More like.. DM got rid of *his* problem, and MS, the hired help, helped him dispose of the evidence.

I was in the courtroom until Break this morning too. I am still downtown for a bit but will write more once I am home later and on a computer.

Was that after the recess? I didn't see anyone with pink hair before that There was a group of women in that area. I thought that one may have been MS sister and one was his Mom but wasn't sure.

Yes, during the break at about 1:30. I guess we'll see later today.

Do you mean at the TB trial? She was a witness?

DM in jeans with a short sleeved button up shirt. The suitcase was bright red, hard plastic clamshell style. It was the carry-on style so quite small. He was leaning over it so you couldn't see it well. It looked like he was loading it on to his helicopter. The red and clear one.

Is this red suitcase supposed to be Laura's? So was he taking her for trips in the helicopter where she would need her suitcase?

Credible or not - if he's trying to establish NOT being the last person to see her does that mean that LE doesn't have any DNA proof? I would assume that he's got an evidence list at his disposal.. If there was DNA proof I would think that he'd be taking another angle with this.. suicide or something and they panicked.. or Mark did it and he helped him clean up his mess.. again.. :facepalm:

I highly doubt there is any DNA evidence. We know there was very little left that could be identified as TB, I assume there was nothing left of LB. Plus, even in recent articles LBs parents stated that they still held hope that she was alive somewhere. If cops had found remains they certainly would have informed the family.

Is this red suitcase supposed to be Laura's? So was he taking her for trips in the helicopter where she would need her suitcase?

One of her LB's friends mentioned in old article that DM used to fly LB to London to visit SL when he was going to school there.

More like.. DM got rid of *his* problem, and MS, the hired help, helped him dispose of the evidence.

Either way - I would think that if there was solid DNA evidence he would be taking a different approach with his line of questioning as of late.. Seems like he's trying to prove he wasn't the last to see her.. doesn't add up..

Not seeing the significance of this. The witness is not a suspect, and there is nothing that would indicate her move had anything whatsoever to do with LB.

This Trevors person.. I wonder when the timeline is for when LB stayed there 'for 4 days'.. was it *after* being in the motel that SL had put her up in? He took her there.. when? On June 26th.. for 2 days? so if it was after that, then it would've been June 28th say, that she arrived at Trevors', and then stayed 4 days until July 2nd, but that doesn't make sense since she was later telling her to pick up her dog items before July 2nd when she was moving? So was it before the hotel stay that LB stayed with Trevors?

So far we only know that DM and MS were seen with the Dog at the hanger the night they cremated TB

Just from reading some things last night, it seems they charged them for the murder of LB after getting their hands on that.

It was strange. It came up when he was questioning BD about statements to the police about the type of suitcase he was Laura using. He never seemed to get to his point other than to ask if BD recognized who was in the picture (it was DM) and went so far to ask if removing his (DM's) eye glasses would help. He never came out and asked if he saw LB with that suitcase.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member