Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 *ARREST* #33

Status
Not open for further replies.
Posting guidelines:

* We do not sleuth or accuse people who have not been named by LE as suspects or POI's.

* Do not link to social networking pages of people who have not been named by LE as suspects/POI. The few exceptions are victims' pages, LE and MSM pages.

* Questions about the rules or mod decisions should be addressed to a mod in a private message. DO NOT discuss them in the thread.

* If you see a post that violates TOS, please do not reply to it. Alert the post ASAP.

* If you quote a post which later is removed by a mod, your post is subject to removal, as well.

*Websleuths is a fact based site. Provide a MSM link for your assertions. Rumors are not allowed. Sites such as reddit or sub-reddit are not approved to be linked, referenced or discussed.

images
link

*Stay on topic

*DO NOT sleuth or post personal information about non-POIs (including a wedding registry, realty information, relationships, marriage information or anything else about their background even if it is public unless it is in MSM)

*Post using initials for all the case players (family members, friends, co-workers, neighbors,etc.) as much as possible

*DO NOT post asking if a particular person has been cleared

*DO NOT post judgemental posts about Mollie or anyone in her family as this is not victim friendly

*DO NOT post screenshots

For those questioning positive identification after weeks of decomposition.

LE would have requested and received MT's dental and medical records weeks ago to help expedite ID.

LE would also have taken DNA samples from her parents weeks ago to help expedite ID.

Clothing the victim is wearing, (if she was found wearing clothes) isn't how LE makes a positive ID but how they can more than likely assume it's the victim and then decided what direction they are going in vs. Jane Doe route.

STOP READING HERE WARNING WARNING WARNING !!!!!!! GRAPHIC/DECOMPOSITION FACTS:

With all due respect...

There would have been a strong odor of decomposition coming from MT's body and flies swarming in the open field area and around/on her body. They would have photographed her body and taken numerous photos/notes of the positioning of her body, lying face up or down, arm/leg placement etc. clothing she was wearing and if her skin was exposed and if her pants/shorts/underwear were slightly up/down which can happen when moving/dragging a body not necessarily signs of an assault. The body would also be examined for sexual assault as well, vaginal and anal.

Due to the weather and heat speeds up the decomposition process. Upon examing her body... She would probably have had large blisters on the skin and her skin would be separating and peeling off. Her skin would vary in colors from black to red and pale, it would probably have an oily appearance. Her hair would be wet/matted with fluids. Her face and skin would be black with color, swollen and probably a presence of maggots around/in her mouth/eyes and nose from the fly larva. Her stomach and legs would be bloated and distended more than likely have ruptured blood vessels throughout. Depending on if she died face down or up, the blood in her body would collect whichever is closest to the ground (gravity) and the other side of her body facing up would be colored pale/yellow/white.

As soon as the ME moved her body, her skin would most likely tear off and fluid would pour out onto the ground. There would most likely be numerous maggots feeding on the fluids and the flesh. Before putting her body into a body bag and being loaded into the removal van to be taken to the ME office for autopsy; her hands would be covered in plastic bags and secured with duct tape around her wrists to preserve any potential DNA/evidence on her hands/under her fingernails. They would also swab her mouth for DNA as well. Finally, they would seize the Tyvek suits LE/ME wore at the scene and enter them into evidence.

Just wanted to share the facts in one place for those questioning and those who wanted to know.

Sorry graphic!
Thanks Marie but after 5 weeks in this weather there won't be any fluids or soft tissue left. Decomp will have entered the dry stage and I hope they can still find trace evidence linking to the killer. (If she was killed, we don't know this yet, right?)

I've heard of 1 case like that in 20+ years of following unsolved crimes, whereas I've heard about hundreds of sexual homicides. The idea of a hit-and-run and subsequent disposal is wishful thinking to the umpteenth power.
I agree. Hit and run by definition means the perp leaves the scene. I can't think of an example where they picked up the body and dumped it elsewhere..

I’m not sure, but as of now, there aren’t any new ones in custody (local reporter on twitter said this). As soon as someone is booked, it will be discovered.

I'm going to guess someone brought 9/19 on a warrant has probably been investigated and ruled out by the media, right?

I'm going to guess someone brought 9/19 on a warrant has probably been investigated and ruled out by the media, right?
It’s an assumption on my part, but I would think so. Although a warrant being executed to hold someone until an arrest on other charges, is obviously possible (as you would know). But yeah, I think something would have come out.

Helping others is our thing

Never giving up is what we do

We will lick our wounds and come back strong

Trying to bring home all like Mollie is our song

****Yes exactly. My oldest son is a police officer and he asked me why I follow these cases. I told him, one day I might need to utilize the skills and tips I have picked up from here.

To me, the victim(s) may have suffered horribly, the least I can do is read their story. They are someone's daughter, son, grandson, grand daughter etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jazz1391