Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *CW GUILTY* #50

Status
Not open for further replies.
All of the Personality Disorders are basically considered mental illnesses, that's why they are in the DSM. Some are more mild than others. Someone can have narcissistic tendencies but not necessarily be diagnosed. In fact many are not. They are probably not likely to seek help or be evaluated because they don't think anything is wrong with them. Jmo

They are considered separate from things like depression, anxiety, etc., but still mental health disorders. Prior to DSM 5 (the current edition), personality disorders were called Axis 2 disorders. They are now listed as their own category as personality disorders. They still fall under the broad umbrella of a mental health disorder.

Thank you for the clarification and correction, stereopticons & MsBetsy. I get a little antsy with the mental illness label just in case anyone assumes those with NPD don't know right from wrong, even though I don't think the OP meant it that way.

That’s very compelling stuff, and a smart play on her part.

It seems like he mislead her the entire way, and I now feel bad for her.

This sounds so much like Scott Peterson that it’s scary.

This is beginning to appear more and more completely premeditated, and not the result of an argument that escalated.
I feel bad for her too. This is exactly what I thought - that he lied to her. Can you imagine how bad she must feel? :oops:

"When Watts went to visit family in North Carolina at the end of July, he called to tell her that his divorce was final, Kessinger said. Later that month, he asked Kessinger to help him find an apartment that would be good for him and his daughters. They never spoke about long-term plans for their relationship.

“He made me believe that he was doing all of the things that a rational man and good father would do,” she said.

One noticeable thing, his mistress slightly resembles Shanann. Didn't they write that his casual AP before this one also resembled his wife?

As to the rest, they didn't live so far apart. It is not like he, was traveling from Alaska to see her. She could have easily found out about the marriage, and about the third kid on the way.

So, not 100% sure it was like she said. But if she was OK with him being divorced with two kids, no motive to kill the kids there?

I am thinking that killing the kids was "necessary" to "stage" Shanann's "disappearance" with them.

I feel bad for her too. This is exactly what I thought - that he lied to her. Can you imagine how bad she must feel? :oops:

"When Watts went to visit family in North Carolina at the end of July, he called to tell her that his divorce was final, Kessinger said. Later that month, he asked Kessinger to help him find an apartment that would be good for him and his daughters. They never spoke about long-term plans for their relationship.

“He made me believe that he was doing all of the things that a rational man and good father would do,” she said.
She’s as much a victim as Amber Frey.

I was under the impression that she thought he was happily married, and carried on regardless.

This absolutely doesn’t appear to be the case. She was completely misled.

Hopefully this changes the public’s perception of her.

Thank you for the clarification and correction, stereopticons & MsBetsy. I get a little antsy with the mental illness label just in case anyone assumes those with NPD don't know right from wrong, even though I don't think the OP meant it that way.

I’m sure the OP didn’t mean it that way. Mental illness doesn’t mean the same thing as insanity for legal purposes. Mental illness in no way means someone doesn’t know something is wrong.

This is beginning to appear more and more completely premeditated, and not the result of an argument that escalated.

Certainly looks like some powerful motive. CW was clearly about to get caught in the lies he told NK. It was going to be awfully hard to explain how the wife he'd allegedly been in the process of divorcing was 15 weeks pregnant. Also, if it was me and I saw how much I looked like the murdered wife, I'd be.. a bit disturbed to say the least.

Jmo.

I wondered why media hadn't approached her. Since he took a plea I guess she is no longer needed as a witness now?
One thing - she worked with him, did she really not know anything about his personal situation? Did she not look up SW on Facebook? That's hard to believe....

Did we ever find out the exact time CW deleted his FB? I wonder if it corresponds with the time he was dating this girl....to make it harder to find SW on FB (and see the truth)??

From what NK says it sounds like she had a lot of communication back and forth with CW after his family went "missing." His texts during that time alone are probably (IMO) so incriminating with the various lies and contradictions he told.

Certainly looks like some powerful motive. CW was clearly about to get caught in the lies he told NK. It was going to be awfully hard to explain how the wife he'd allegedly been in the process of divorcing was 15 weeks pregnant. Also, if it was me and I saw how much I looked like the murdered wife, I'd be.. a bit disturbed to say the least.

Jmo.
Absolutely. This alone could explain the plea, as it makes this appear as a planned crime.

I’m assuming that there’s more to come, but this is damning.

Yep, and she would be such a powerful witness to him appearing so normal and casual at work that Monday. The monster!!!! No way in heck he could do that if his confession story had been true. No way. Amazingly scary...no cues at all he was affected by the events of that night. He’d just been “BUSY”

Guess he never heard of the Scott Peterson case????

MOD NOTE

You all appear to be behaving at the moment, but please do not sleuth the AP beyond what is being revealed about her in MSM. NK is another of CW's victims. This appears to be a very similar situation as Amber Frey in the SP case and Amber was a victim of SP's.

Do not make insinuations about NK's character or sleuth her family. Remember who the villain here is: CW. CW destroyed his family on his own. NK is just more collateral damage.

Thank you.

Did we ever find out the exact time CW deleted his FB? I wonder if it corresponds with the time he was dating this girl....to make it harder to find SW on FB (and see the truth)??
SW’s friend Lauren said about 2 weeks before because her fiancé was trying to tag him in something and couldn’t.

"When Nichol Kessinger started dating Christopher Watts in July, he appeared to be a soft-spoken man and a thoughtful father who was at the end of divorce proceedings.

It wasn’t until the Frederick man’s wife and two daughters went missing in August that Kessinger learned that Watts had never started divorce proceedings with his wife, who was 15 weeks pregnant, and that he had been lying to her for the entire relationship, which lasted less than two months.

“I don’t think there is a logical explanation for what he did,” she said. “It’s a senseless act, and it’s horrific.”

Kessinger approached investigators before Watts’ arrest and participated in multiple police interviews, describing details of their relationship and what he had told her about his missing family."
NK is very beautiful, I could imagine CW fell for her hard. He's a real scoundrel though, he lies and lies and lies! I believe more than ever he's been unfaithful for quite some time with others. They met up four or five times a week!!
She never doubted he did it, 'he's a liar, he lied about everything!'

Last edited:
Absolutely. This alone could explain the plea, as it makes this appear as a planned crime.

I’m assuming that there’s more to come, but this is damning.
He is so dumb in my opinion, there must be much more to come. She was smartly advised to get ahead of the sentencing. Anyone notice how much she looks like SW? Creepy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member