Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *CW GUILTY* #50

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, he knew when the family was back in NC, that they would not live long. They had to die to perpetuate the divorce myth. VERY pre-meditated!
I still don't get how he envisioned it going down - even if he had time to prepare the scene better for them "leaving" Monday night - eventually, they would turn up "missing" and there would be headlines. And those news stories would not report that they were divorced. A child was on the way. Just like I didn't understand how Scott Peterson thought Amber Frey wouldn't hear the news. I know I am expecting logic from the irrational...but still.

I am still thinking about that. She was on FB herself until the story of an AP broke, so it is difficult to imagine she would not be doing some reading about SW.
His FB page was pretty much just guy stuff.
It’s the part I have a concern about too. Maybe he lied to her about FB too and gave her a bunch of lines about how hard it was to separate their SM accounts, etc., etc. This must have been around the time he deleted his own FB. Makes sense.

I’m so glad she finally has come out. All these CW supporters I hope will now see he is a liar and a true psychopath who wanted to get out of his marriage and life.
I wish. Unfortunately, I think it is the opposite. The CW supporters just have a new target to unleash on. She's calling CW a liar so it's just a new enemy to attack.

I am still thinking about that. She was on FB herself until the story of an AP broke, so it is difficult to imagine she would not be doing some reading about SW.
His FB page was pretty much just guy stuff.
Unless Chris accessed SW accounts and blocked NK so they would not find each other on SM. I wonder if any co-workers knew.

She learned from reading the news.

"Later that night, Kessinger learned the full situation: Shanann’s wallet and purse were still in the house; Watts had left work early to let the police into his home; people had been trying unsuccessfully to contact Shanann all day.

“When I read the news, I found out he was still married and his wife was 15 weeks pregnant,” Kessinger said.

She was shocked at his lies and scared for the missing woman and children, she said."
Christopher Watts mistress Nichol Kessinger speaks about Frederick murders

I believe her and I always believed that he would lie to his affair/s like he did. But I always thought that she learned it prior the disappearance and their relationship was more serios. Really really interessting news. Although I'm a litte bit confused that she never checked Shannan's facebook page before?

So she is only one more victim of our lovely Chris Watts. :cool:

I do too. I respect her for going to the police. I'm surprised she went public.
I'm not that surprised. Now that he confessed the whole thing went global, and then 3 days of seeing sw dragged thru the coals. An upcoming circus on Monday, and there has been unrelenting criticism of the "mistress" on sm. She got herself a lawyer, said here I am and this is what happened and got to tell her story on her own terms. The lawyer is a smart way of saying Don't keep slandering me. I respect the move on her part. In her circle of friends and family they probably already know and accept and care for her. Smart gal who just happened to encounter the devil.

Last edited:
I still don't get how he envisioned it going down - even if he had time to prepare the scene better for them "leaving" Monday night - eventually, they would turn up "missing" and there would be headlines. And those news stories would not report that they were divorced. A child was on the way. Just like I didn't understand how Scott Peterson thought Amber Frey wouldn't hear the news. I know I am expecting logic from the irrational...but still.
Nickole Atkinson ruined his “plans.”

Also accurate. One can have traits of a personality disorder without meeting the diagnostic criteria (much like someone could have depressed mood often but still not be “clinically depressed”). NPD is notoriously difficult to treat because as MsBetsy said, they don’t see a problem. The problem is always someone else.
Isnt that basically the problem for ALL personality disorders? Difficult if not impossible to treat. Ive heard psychologist hate treating people with BPD because of the manipulative behavior, etc. Ive also heard some of these disorders lessen in intensity as the patient gets older. Is it true they cant really be cured and behavioral therapy is usually the treatment of choice?

It’s astonishing how much they look alike. I truly feel bad for NK. I believe her version of events and it sounds to me like she was naive as to the kind of person CW truly was. I’m sure this is a life lesson for her and in the future she will probably do more research on the men she chooses to date.

Attachments

• E9CA035A-2CD2-4405-A500-950781B9E596.jpeg
    E9CA035A-2CD2-4405-A500-950781B9E596.jpeg
    52.7 KB · Views: 133
"When Nichol Kessinger started dating Christopher Watts in July, he appeared to be a soft-spoken man and a thoughtful father who was at the end of divorce proceedings.

It wasn’t until the Frederick man’s wife and two daughters went missing in August that Kessinger learned that Watts had never started divorce proceedings with his wife, who was 15 weeks pregnant, and that he had been lying to her for the entire relationship, which lasted less than two months.

“I don’t think there is a logical explanation for what he did,” she said. “It’s a senseless act, and it’s horrific.”

Kessinger approached investigators before Watts’ arrest and participated in multiple police interviews, describing details of their relationship and what he had told her about his missing family."
Well, what a surprise. He told her when he was in NC that he was finalizing the divorce. That pretty much confirms the reason for the deleted FB account. And the distancing. And the insistance to others that he wanted the seperation. It's just as we all thought ( well most of us) It's so obvious. It lasted less than two months. Much of that time must have been while Shanann was in NC. Someone said he was on the phone in the picture of him on the background with his family at the carnival. Maybe that's when he was telling the AP they were finalising the divorce. Kind of like Scott Peterson pretending to be in Paris while at the vigil for his missing wife.

Bu

I'm not that surprised. Now that he confessed the whole thing went global, and them 3 days of seeing sw dragged thru the coals. An upcoming circus on Monday, and there has been unrelenting criticism of the "mistress" on sm. She got herself a lawyer, said here I am and this is what happened and got to tell her story on her own terms. The lawyer is a smart way of saying Don't keep slandering me. I respect the move on her part. In her circle of friends and family they probably already know and accept and care for her. Smart gal who just happened to encounter the devil.
Agreed. And maybe she was tipped off that a tabloid was doing a write up on her so she got ahead of the story? They likely would have been prying around her family/friends/herself - and so she made the determination to go for it now - before sentencing, when more stories would dominate? Just a thought.

Ok, so I’m a thread and a half behind but I wanted to comment on a few things.

CW reminds me of CA. Lord help us with Cindy’s!

CW reference to “He is not the scociopath next door” referenced here Chris Watts' parents question plea deal in murder of wife, daughters

There is a book titled The Scociopath next door. It makes me wonder why/how she read it? Bookslut | The Sociopath Next Door

Next, I never understood how stupid CW was? If he was smart he’d have actually called off work that day. That would have given him time for better disposal. He could have told work he and his wife were having issues, said a kid was sick, said Shan’ann was sick and pregnant, whatever. He’d have been able to respond to her texts from her phone telling NUA that she was skipping the doctor since she and CW had things to discuss and she’d get back to her later. It would have bought him time to clean up and do a better job of hiding the bodies. He could then have claimed the chose to separate and SW and the kids left him, buying him even more time. He was just stupid, just like most FA’s are.

On a personal note, my son is having surgery on 11/20, I’m going to be off work and able to read and read after the sentence. I’m so hoping for a doc dump!

Good luck with your son, and hope the op is successful.:):):)
Taking the day off work, CW may have 'covered up' very well.
But glad he FORGOT, as so dumb, I agree.:D:D
Yes, I hope we obtain loads of info, to satisfy those that are curious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member