GUILTY CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *CW LWOP* #64

Status
Not open for further replies.
In New Zealand, on Rotaroa island, recovering addicts take care of golden tamarinds. I wonder if making our prisoners take care of abandoned animals would be more helpful than give them one more gadget?
A lot of prisons have dog training programs that inmates get to work with them.
Mutually beneficial.

All? After the factory reset?
I don't know. During her second interview she could only give them some of them that were deleted and they mentioned they needed her google account info to retrieve the rest of them. I assume that was after the factory reset. If they can get phone records without a phone at all I would assume they could get those. At any rate they seemed to be satisfied with what they had at that point. The other texts were between her and friends that they still needed and they got the ones between her and Charlotte which were the ones in which Chris was mentioned.

I don’t get why in order for this monster to kill his whole family he either had to be on drugs or SW provoked him into a rage. Chris Watts is not special. He’s just one of many FA’s. None of them have a good “reason” for what they did. So why does there have to be a reason for Chris? We are normal people so we are never going to understand these men.

And none of us know if she said something nasty to him to trigger him. This feels like victim blaming to me. Like she did or said something to set him off.
I genuinely believe that she could have gone in, kissed him and told him how much she loved him, and the result would have been the same.

No signs of struggle, no marks on their bodies (other than the strangulation bruising), means no fight.

No fight, means a planned act of violence.

Words didn’t cause this.

And none of us know if she said something nasty to him to trigger him. This feels like victim blaming to me. Like she did or said something to set him off.

At the birthday party he took the girls to (according to the DA) is when he planned his actions. That’s when he texted his co-worker that he would go to the specific oil field alone. I believe he sent that text before 6pm Sunday. That’s the last time the kids were seen.

Yes and also that all of the evidence is being totally ignored and we are back at the beginning of the case wondering why and how. No we don’t have all of the answers but we sure have a lot. I really don’t see how anyone can think there was a big confrontation or “button pushing” and then a murder. No yelling was heard. Nothing reported broken in the house. No blood. No visible injuries on SW or CW. It’s clear as day to me that he planned to do these murders and it wasn’t a sudden rage killing. I won’t list all the reasons why as we’ve talked about them for many threads.

Yes, he was quite a character. The look on his face was classic. He knew Chris had done something terrible. He should have been a detective. He kept rewinding and saying, it catches the cars going this way and that way, he never backs his truck up, he goes back and forth to the truck three times, it would have caught her if she left, etc.
Yes!! He was so good! At one point, CW is yammering about recent thefts and the neighbor cuts him right off and says, "But if any action were to happen, and any cars or anything left your house, I would have gotten it."

And CW points to the screen and stammers, "Yeah, it would have been like right in that area, it should have picked, I mean" implying that the camera didn't pick up something.

And the neighbor cuts him right off again and points to the screen saying, "Oh it will pick up anything coming down the street, this way, down this way!"

It's hard to hear, but CW seems to ask something about even around this turn?

And the neighbor shuts that right down and is all, "Oh yeah! Watch, I'll show ya!!!"

And CW can't even deal, it's fantastic. I would love to buy that neighbor a beer.

Her existence, the kids, his life....all set him off. He wanted out. His world was crashing in on him. NK eventually was going to discover he was not nearing an end to divorce proceedings, she likely would have contacted S at some point, he was screwed in more than one way.

Iirc, he told his investigator he straddled S as she slept and quickly choked her. She (according to CW) was on her stomach. Maybe he pretended to sleep as she crawled into bed and remained still until she was sleeping, then pounced.

Ok, I must have missed that. No matter what, I don't think anybody in their right mind could do something like this. I guess I am still trying to get past that. It appears his mindset at the time of his actions did not work out well for him.
If I were you I would stop wrestling with what caused him to murder 4 souls.... there is no way a normal person like yourself can ever understand feeling such venom and such contempt for someone, that you can snuff out their lives for some selfish whim.
There are people who are evil, that commit atrocities and their behavior passes understanding. The victim does nothing to provoke or deserve his actions.

God, no! Just trying to understand why such a psycho violent death, and the only explanation I can come up with is anger, and then I think what could CW have been so angry about? He went to a kids birthday party that day. And I don’t see anything wrong with making a nasty comment to your cheating husband, so I’m certainly not victim blaming. CW is the psycho one.

I don’t get why in order for this monster to kill his whole family he either had to be on drugs or SW provoked him into a rage. Chris Watts is not special. He’s just one of many FA’s. None of them have a good “reason” for what they did. So why does there have to be a reason for Chris? We are normal people so we are never going to understand these men.
True, but I think he definitely had a reason. And in his mind it was probably justified. We might not under stand, but we can try just by understanding how his mind works. We already have had a ton of things to interpret and analyze. Much more than I ever thought we would get!

I keep thinking Shanann was not only very hurt, but also very angry about the cruel and detached way CW treated their marriage and family. And then there was that $62.00 charge at The Lazy Dog from the night before that she had to have known was a red flag warning of an affair. When she got home that night, she was pissed. I wonder if she said something button pushingly nasty that infuriated him. That night was the climax moment of their Summer, everyone was back home for good, and the lid blew off.

It may not be that important. Because even if he snapped - why kill the girls?

The climax was caused by Shanann coming home to stay. And Chris wanted to continue seeing Nichol. But he could not, not with Shanann around.

Yes and also that all of the evidence is being totally ignored and we are back at the beginning of the case wondering why and how. No we don’t have all of the answers but we sure have a lot. I really don’t see how anyone can think there was a big confrontation or “button pushing” and then a murder. No yelling was heard. Nothing reported broken in the house. No blood. No visible injuries on SW or CW. It’s clear as day to me that he planned to do these murders and it wasn’t a sudden rage killing. I won’t list all the reasons why as we’ve talked about them for many threads.

Good post!
As I posted, CW was at bday party when he sent text to co-worker! He knew Sunday afternoon he needed to be at the field alone the next morning. Why? Sadly, we know.

True, but I think he definitely had a reason. And in his mind it was probably justified. We might not under stand, but we can try just by understanding how his mind works. We already have had a ton of things to interpret and analyze. Much more than I ever thought we would get!
I think that he knew that it was not justified by his glib lying two days later. Why hide a justifiable act?

I genuinely believe that she could have gone in, kissed him and told him how much she loved him, and the result would have been the same.

No signs of struggle, no marks on their bodies (other than the strangulation bruising), means no fight.

No fight, means a planned act of violence.

Words didn’t cause this.
That’s true, and he was buttering her up too. Vile!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jp.52203