GUILTY CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *CW LWOP* #65

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chris stated in an interview with the police that the moment he saw NK he was smitten like he'd never been before. That's the reason he killed his family- they'd become a stumbling block & his feeling for them had become icy. No one should blame Shan'ann one little bit for this tragedy that befell her and the girls. It's appalling.

People keep quoting me. I’m responding. Aren’t I supposed to? Isn’t that what this board is all about? I’m not obsessed with NK, I just think she got a raw deal and it seems like mob mentality is out to get her. She did care about those innocent lives. Once she found out what CW did, she turned on him. She told the detective everything he wanted to know. Answered every question, He told her so. What more could she do?
You are entitled to your opinion like we all are, and we know the TOS about victim bashing.
It's a very emotional case, so people are not all going to agree with each other. But i have no problem with what you are saying. There are certainly still a lot of questions in this case, All IMO

SBM. I wouldn't put money on that.
haha our jen might be mature but man she is sharp and witty to boot! xx

cant say the same for the post you replied jen :p

She was sleeping in bed when he strangled her...And you are saying its partially her fault...FFS i cant post going back to lurking before i post something that will get me banned..
idiot troll kim.
don't bite;)

You are entitled to your opinion like we all are, and we know the TOS about victim bashing.
It's a very emotional case, so people are not all going to agree with each other. But i have no problem with what you are saying. There are certainly still a lot of questions in this case, All IMO
What questions do you think have not been answered with his confession? If we are waiting for him to give an account of what happened, the DA was correct. The truth will never come out of his mouth.

@gitana1 Hi Gitana, I’ve got a hypothetical question for you. If you were NK’s attorney going into those interviews, what advice would you have given her that would have enabled her to give LE everything they needed and protect her job and reputation at the same time? Or do you think she deserved to pay that great a price for having an affair? I know you’ve said SW and the kids were missing, and NK impeded the investigation, but from the first taped interview on, they already knew they were all dead. I think.

Man I think I'm the wrong person to ask because I know you support her or feel for her but the more I learn about her the more I am disgusted with her. I have strong opinions of her and it's a 180 from where I started.

IMO she deserved to pay that great a price for being an apathetic, selfish and obstructive narcissist. She is a horrible human being, IMO. Once again, NOT FOR THE AFFAIR.

I've now heard two interviews with that reprehensible, juvenile woman and I can't get through the whole thing in one sitting. She's horrible.

What I would have advised her is to not delete or erase anything. I would have advised her to file a motion for a protective order and to attempt to seal all evidence from the public eye until trial. I would've accompanied her to the initial interview.

I don't know if I could have predicted what a nasty, apathetic person she turned out to be until after the initial interview, but if I had been able to detect it (maybe in my initial interview) I probably would have worked with her with mock questions and coached her on how to act like a normal, empathetic human being.

Because she certainly didn't come across that way in the interviews I heard.

I'm disgusted. The more I hear from her mouth the more I dislike her. I'd be happy if mention of her disappeared from the threads.

On a less biased note, (because I am definitely biased), the problem with handling the sensitive discovery involving her is that NO ONE - cops, DA, NK, her dad, or any potential attorney on her behalf- could've predicted that this case was going to settle so fast and thus discovery released. ALL discovery released.

So it would be hard to know how to prevent what happened. You'd have to have had foresight and be super fast.

What you have to understand is that there has been nothing wrong that LE or the state did in regard to their interviews or with regard to the acquisition or release of discovery.

LE is allowed to say whatever the hell they want in order to get the info they need to build their case. But they were probably sincere in their belief that they weren't attempting to embarrass her in what they sought and that they weren't going to just give the media everything.

Once again, they were seeking all information related to the affair to determine motive, timing and also who knew what. Not to hurt anyone. Every single communication, including every nudie photo taken and/or sent, had to be gathered and a determination later as to whether it would be relevant at trial.

And based on her bizarre behavior, they had to investigate her involvement. Which they did. So they had all this info, a great amount of which would probably be irrelevant at trial, but was properly and honestly gathered, which is now public record and quickly and u ceremoniously released without be filter of trial. That's no one's fault.

She was a very reluctant witness but if she had refused to talk most of this would've come out anyhow and she would look even worse and suspicion would be even greater. Because what kind of person refuses to cooperate with such an incredibly serious case except a low life? Especially when they can't hide their involvement regardless.

And so they have all this unfiltered evidence and no one expected it to be fair game because everyone expected a trial or at the least, a preliminary hearing prior to any serious plea talks.

And then it just happened. And based on her extremely recalcitrant and apathetic "cooperation", destruction of evidence and rude lack of respect toward the investigators, the investigation and the victims, I don't think anyone with control and custody of the discovery was concerned with giving that woman a heads up so she could run and get a protective order sealing or redacting the evidence.

They had vastly more important things to worry about than a person who only came forward because she felt she it was better than waiting for them to come to her, and who showed utter disdain for the process throughout.

I believe she has no legitimate cause of action against anyone and no recourse for anything that happened. Oh she may file some sort of cause of action against LE or the state but it will make her look worse and she will ultimately lose. That's my prediction.

I'm hopelessly behind and just now watched the house search video.
Sorry if this has been addressed, but does anyone know if their air conditioning was fixed by the time of the murders?
Has it been determined if the windows were open that night, because the high on August 12th was 91 degrees fahrenheit, so it would have gotten pretty hot upstairs?
And they must have had a dual zone system because there were two compressor units outside.
Is that why the ceiling fans were running on high speed upstairs but the one in the family room downstairs wasn't turned on?
Or was it because CW wanted to dissipate any odors?

I also noticed that SW had to call the a/c repair guy on August 10th while she was on her work trip in AZ.
Meanwhile her 'mechanical genius' husband had the day off work and was searching for luxury cars, comedy clubs and restaurants.
Even if he hadn't turned out to be a family annihilator, gitana1 was right about him being an immature blob of a husband.
At least he was too stupid and lazy to actually plan the murders, so he got caught right away.

It appeared CW was just a tenant, in this house.
Shan'ann handled all the finances, and as you state, organized the a/c while sewer rat had the day off, enjoying himself.
Let's hope, CW's prison life will be packed with enjoyment everyday, with nothing to organize.:D:D:D

IMO, NK is a somewhat shady character, and think she knew more than she was letting on. Not good to lie to LE in such a dreadful case, but she did. I am sure LE would of checked certain things about her, and if there was anything untoward things would of escalated for NK depending on what did or didn't check out in this murder investigation. And so far there is nothing else. All IMO

He is not connected to the case, other than to say he was with her. If it comes out that he lied, or was somehow involved in the case other than "alibi", I'm sure we'll hear more later. But for now, why should his personal info. be released?

At the time they were investigating 4 murders. Of course it was very important to know where NK was on that day. She was basically the motive for the crime. He, according to her, was her alibi. I'd say he was pretty important to them had this went to trial. It's not like LE posted his full name, social security number, address and phone number and released it. Yes her phone records were released and some people sleuthed that and figured out who he was.

I hope. We’ll see. She seems pretty messed up to me.

Do you now her personally?

He told her he was getting a divorce and he was available 24 hours a day. How would she know? And maybe she didn’t get on the Internet as often as you all think. She used the word, “retarded.” How many people in this day and age do you know who use that word? I don’t know any. You’d think her friends would have called her on it by now. Who is this woman from the oil fields? She seems very socially inept to me.

I, for one, wasn't there with NK but I'm also not naive enough to think this woman never googled or looked at SW's social media. I would pretty much bet my life she did several times if not many. This women knew that CW's marriage wasn't over. I'm also pretty certain she knew SW was pregnant from the get go. She would have to live in a bubble. not to know. And how in the world do we know her friends haven't called her out on using that word or use it themselves?

Just as well her dad was there to remind her that she had been to a museum with him (dad) and Jim stayed the night on Sunday.

I still cannot believe she "had trouble remembering" where she was on the day her boyfriend murdered his family, which had only taken place a couple of days before this interview. Yeah, ok. If I find out my boyfriend murdered his family, I would be doing nothing but thinking about that day and going over every minute in my mind.

I didn’t watch the Jodi Arias trial. I kind of kept up with it, but I found Jodi so reprehensible I couldn’t get that involved. Same with Casey Anthony. Too evil for me. I feel differently about a trial than I do about a case that plead out as far as private information being released. And I do think LE was selective about what they released because why didn’t they release the weenie photos CW sent to NK? Those photos were more relevant to the case than NK’s texts about oral sex that she sent to her friend. I think LE intentionally destroyed NK’s life, and I find that very disturbing, or it’s okay to show women in compromising positions and not men, and I don’t like that, either.

I'm curious- how would they release a picture of a man's erect penis that was taken and sent to NK for her personal enjoyment without making that look bad for NK?
Amen!

On another note, what is going on tonight? It's like a bunch of new victim blamers are coming out of the woodwork to bash Shanann all over again. Is this preemptive strike by the Watts family in preparation for the 20/20 special on Friday? It sure seems coincidental that when positive things are released about Shanann suddenly a new wave of bashers appear to try knock her down again. MOO. :mad:

Agree. Maybe it is an attempt at a preemptive strike because of the 20/20 special. I have no doubt the 20/20 special will only magnify what many of us already know and that is Shanann's family are incredibly good people who deserve none of what has been dished their way after suffering the most hideous of losses and tragedies.

I am just going to use your post as a jump off for this topic, because there were many many posts that had my blood pressure rising towards the end of the last thread (not yours, riolove).
I am absolutely floored that someone would suggest that records should not be released to the "general public" or to someone without the "proper credentials". WHO THE HE** DO YOU THINK PUBLIC RECORDS BELONG TO? Do you not realize that all government works for *US*, the PUBLIC? They are accountable to us, not the other way around. From the President, to the House and Senate, to Governors, DAs, police officers, FBI agents, Postal workers and everyone else in a government job, they are our employees, and we pay them. The FOIA, CORA and other state legislation, etc. all exist so that we are able to hold those agencies and employees accountable and to make sure they are doing a thorough job, within legal parameters. Transparency is an important part of having confidence and trust in those who work for us. It is a form of elitism to say that only certain members of the public should have access to the records that belong to all of us. MOO.

I have no idea who Jim is but peop,e figured it out and apparently his info is on the net. Neighbors who gave info have their name, address and phone number on the net.

Why is that info of any concern of the public ?

Jim has no part of this, yet he is outed. NK’s friend who suffered the loss of her father is discussed on the net.

What possible reason does the public need to know that info?

It appeared CW was just a tenant, in this house.
Shan'ann handled all the finances, and as you state, organized the a/c while sewer rat had the day off, enjoying himself.
Let's hope, CW's prison life will be packed with enjoyment everyday, with nothing to organize.:D:D:D
Is it a fact that Shanann took care of all the finances? Sorry, but i'm only about 800 pages into the first doc. dump, and don't necessarily believe CW. And Shanann isn't here to defend herself.

Well good luck to his family if it is. Trying to convince anyone here or anywhere on the internet isn’t going to help.

He’s never getting out of jail.
I know, but they keep trying to convince everyone that Shanann either deserved it or she pushed him to do it or even more ridiculous, they are still clinging to his lie that she killed her children and all he really did was dump them in oil vats. Sounds logical, doesn't it?

She was the motive. Their communications are incredibly relevant.

That thong picture wasn’t released in order to embarrass her. It showed what he was infatuated with. He took that particular picture.

Are you seriously saying that they should release pictures of his genitals?

They likely have hundreds of compromising photos, countless internet searches/text messages that they haven’t released.

They were building a case in a murder investigation.

Impugning the DA and turning NK into a victim here, is wrong.

We have innocent murder victims, and the focus on NK and her reputation, misses the mark.

These investigators, along with this brilliant DA, resolved in mere months, a murder case that should have gone on for years.

That’s amazing.
Crucifying NK isn’t going to bring SW, BW, CW, or NW back, nor will it right any of the wrongs that CW did.

Do you seriously believe they wouldn’t have used CW’s genital pictures during the trial?

Why did they choose to release that photo of NK and not the others? Why is the fact that CW took that photo of NK any more important than the fact that he took photos of himself and sent them to her?

I have focused more on the innocent victims, I do think they’re more important, but every time NK comes up, and I voice my opinion, I get tons of people who quote and respond to me, so I respond back. I get tired of it, too. I keep repeating myself. Tell you what, I’ve got 4 or 5 more quote responses up there, right now in “Alerts,” I’ll ignore them if they’re about NK.

Man I think I'm the wrong person to ask because I know you support her or feel for her but the more I learn about her the more I am disgusted with her. I have strong opinions of her and it's a 180 from where I started.

IMO she deserved to pay that great a price for being an apathetic, selfish and obstructive narcissist. She is a horrible human being, IMO. Once again, NOT FOR THE AFFAIR.

I've now heard two interviews with that reprehensible, juvenile woman and I can't get through the whole thing in one sitting. She's horrible.

What I would have advised her is to not delete or erase anything. I would have advised her to file a motion for a protective order and to attempt to seal all evidence from the public eye until trial. I would've accompanied her to the initial interview.

I don't know if I could have predicted what a nasty, apathetic person she turned out to be until after the initial interview, but if I had been able to detect it (maybe in my initial interview) I probably would have worked with her with mock questions and coached her on how to act like a normal, empathetic human being.

Because she certainly didn't come across that way in the interviews I heard.

I'm disgusted. The more I hear from her mouth the more I dislike her. I'd be happy if mention of her disappeared from the threads.

On a less biased note, (because I am definitely biased), the problem with handling the sensitive discovery involving her is that NO ONE - cops, DA, NK, her dad, or any potential attorney on her behalf- could've predicted that this case was going to settle so fast and thus discovery released. ALL discovery released.

So it would be hard to know how to prevent what happened. You'd have to have had foresight and be super fast.

What you have to understand is that there has been nothing wrong that LE or the state did in regard to their interviews or with regard to the acquisition or release of discovery.

LE is allowed to say whatever the hell they want in order to get the info they need to build their case. But they were probably sincere in their belief that they weren't attempting to embarrass her in what they sought and that they weren't going to just give the media everything.

Once again, they were seeking all information related to the affair to determine motive, timing and also who knew what. Not to hurt anyone. Every single communication, including every nudie photo taken and/or sent, had to be gathered and a determination later as to whether it would be relevant at trial.

And based on her bizarre behavior, they had to investigate her involvement. Which they did. So they had all this info, a great amount of which would probably be irrelevant at trial, but was properly and honestly gathered, which is now public record and quickly and u ceremoniously released without be filter of trial. That's no one's fault.

She was a very reluctant witness but if she had refused to talk most of this would've come out anyhow and she would look even worse and suspicion would be even greater. Because what kind of person refuses to cooperate with such an incredibly serious case except a low life? Especially when they can't hide their involvement regardless.

And so they have all this unfiltered evidence and no one expected it to be fair game because everyone expected a trial or at the least, a preliminary hearing prior to any serious plea talks.

And then it just happened. And based on her extremely recalcitrant and apathetic "cooperation", destruction of evidence and rude lack of respect toward the investigators, the investigation and the victims, I don't think anyone with control and custody of the discovery was concerned with giving that woman a heads up so she could run and get a protective order sealing or redacting the evidence.

They had vastly more important things to worry about than a person who only came forward because she felt she it was better than waiting for them to come to her, and who showed utter disdain for the process throughout.

I believe she has no legitimate cause of action against anyone and no recourse for anything that happened. Oh she may file some sort of cause of action against LE or the state but it will make her look worse and she will ultimately lose. That's my prediction.

Standing ovation, gitana!!! Thank you. Can we please put NK back in the hole she crawled out of?

I think Rourke set her up for all this hatred. I think it was irresponsible of him to say she was less than forthcoming without being more specific. You’re right, NK is lucky she isn’t dead. God knows what CW would have done next if he got away with this. What other songs did Metallica write about killing? But she’s got a long and difficult road ahead of her, and I wouldn’t wish that on anyone.
I actually thought Rourke was kind. When the discovery was released, I went from completely sympathetic to NK to apathetic. Rourke underplayed, in my opinion, her dishonesty - both to LE and certainly to the public. The evidence and interviews show otherwise. MOO.

I think Rourke set her up for all this hatred. I think it was irresponsible of him to say she was less than forthcoming without being more specific. You’re right, NK is lucky she isn’t dead. God knows what CW would have done next if he got away with this. What other songs did Metallica write about killing? But she’s got a long and difficult road ahead of her, and I wouldn’t wish that on anyone.

Rourke didn’t and doesn’t owe NK anything. To insinuate his actions were sinister in nature goes against everything we’ve seen and learned about the man. He said she was less than forthcoming because she was. Had he been more specific than that, people would take issue with that too.

People keep quoting me. I’m responding. Aren’t I supposed to? Isn’t that what this board is all about? I’m not obsessed with NK, I just think she got a raw deal and it seems like mob mentality is out to get her. She did care about those innocent lives. Once she found out what CW did, she turned on him. She told the detective everything he wanted to know. Answered every question, He told her so. What more could she do?
Each of us can form our own opinion, and I think many have. Those of us who have reviewed the evidence and interviews have changed our minds about NK based on said evidence. I see no mob, just people who happen to agree, just as many agreed CW had a mountain of evidence against him before he pleaded guilty to everything. Also, as I said, I do not believe she told the truth to LE. And her Denver Post article was in complete contradiction to what she even told LE. I did not understand why someone would choose to lie to the public, but in most cases, the public does not appreciate it. MOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
utahtruecrimepod