CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
@MassGuy, but you assume KB is PF’s fiancée. All we know is that they have a baby together and leave separately. We have no proof he is her fiancé. I suspect he is not.

It is true that normal people will do everything to help locate a missing person if it is their SO. What if it is an “ex”?

Same about “loved one”. What if they are not in love? What if PF does not know where KB is, but suspects something, and merely does not want to disclose too much personal information, in case she is alive? He could have said it all to the LE.

Not that I exonerate PF, I merely think we have zero information about the arrangement of that couple, if indeed they are a couple.
BBM. I would like to think that if my ex (whom I do not like at all) went missing, and I had been in touch with him recently and had any info about him or where he was likely to be, I would tell. I would be interviewed, I would co-operate, unless I had something to hide.

I think the opposite is more likely-that they broke up and maybe were going to discuss custody. They would “get through” thanksgiving because plans had been made already.

You may be right. Since we know one of them didn't "get through" Thanksgiving. She's missing. It would be nice if the other one would reveal what the plans were and why they changed. JMO.

That would mean 3 day duration from last seen (at Safeway) until “ping” on the 25th. Interesting there is no footage of her leaving the store...did she have a few groceries or enough to last a while without needing money?
They may have that footage, but don’t feel the need to share it.

They just wanted to show that she was alive at that point, and all appeared normal.

It was also an opportunity for the public to get a better look at what she looks like.

It was a real ping. Otherwise the FBI would not be involved in the search of PF's property. The only thing bringing them in at this stage is if the crime crossed state lines. If it was a false ping you wouldn't see the FBI
Yes but if it was a real ping how does that connect him to the crime? Wouldn't they think it could be that she was in that area since she had family there? How would that make them suspect him more?

@MassGuy, but you assume KB is PF’s fiancée. All we know is that they have a baby together and leave separately. We have no proof he is her fiancé. I suspect he is not.

It is true that normal people will do everything to help locate a missing person if it is their SO. What if it is an “ex”?

Same about “loved one”. What if they are not in love? What if PF does not know where KB is, but suspects something, and merely does not want to disclose too much personal information, in case she is alive? He could have said it all to the LE.

Not that I exonerate PF, I merely think we have zero information about the arrangement of that couple, if indeed they are a couple.
He would have nothing to hide. Plus, regardless if he is in love with KB or not, the fact that his young child’s mother is missing would be enough to report and alert people that she is missing and he doesn’t know where she is. There would be transparency in his actions. His behavior is a clue.

I can throw out the “fiance” and “in love” things, as I actually believe that might be the case anyways.

It still doesn’t explain not reporting the mother of his child missing, nor his unwillingness to help locate her.

If he told the police information of a personal nature, information that allowed for an alternate explanation as to her disappearance, they clearly didn’t believe him.

They wouldn’t have served a search warrant otherwise.
I think both Kelsey's mom and PF's attorney have used the word "fiance." So I would think they were, at least at one time, engaged, though it could have been an open ended engagement with no date ever set. Or perhaps they just used the word "engaged" for appearance.

You are correct!

DM, the original pinner named above Kelsey in that screenshot posted earlier by @dedpoet777 used those hashtags. The pin is in her board about being a recovering alcoholic. The board is titled Sobriety and Recovery. Kelsey simply repinned DM's pin and did not remove the hashtags.
Thank you for clarifying further.

I think both Kelsey's mom and PF's attorney have used the word "fiance." So I would think they were, at least at one time, engaged, though it could have been an open ended engagement with no date ever set. Or perhaps they just used the word "engaged" for appearance.
Yeah, like many of the details surrounding this case, the fiancé thing appears to be murky.

At one point it was probably on, but I get the feeling that things changed at some point, perhaps coinciding with her disappearance.

That would mean 3 day duration from last seen (at Safeway) until “ping” on the 25th. Interesting there is no footage of her leaving the store...did she have a few groceries or enough to last a while without needing money?
There may be more footage of her. Maybe they only showed an angle that best shows what she looks like. Imo

But the two points are, why didn't he report her missing, and now knowing that she is missing, isn't at least putting a missing poster on his social media account?

If innocent PF didn’t think she was missing, since we don’t know what 11/25 texts said he may have believed them.

I haven’t seen his social media, is he an active poster. When was his last post about anything ? (Though I agree he should have posted her missing info) I do know someone whose husband went missing and his wife refused to post it on her social media because she was SURE he left with another woman, it turned out it was suicide. She also refused to let his family see their kids, she still stands by her decisions years later. (His family does see kids several times a year )

Where do you see date stamps? I've looked but I'm not seeing any... Maybe I'm just overlooking, or looking too hard! Thanks!

I don’t see time stamps. The Quotes board indicates it was last updated a year ago. Other boards on her Pinterest showed more recent activity and much older activity. I have no idea whether the post being scrutinized was posted a year ago (most recent) or much further in the past. I compared it to my own Pinterest usage, and the dating seems accurate.

They may have that footage, but don’t feel the need to share it.

They just wanted to show that she was alive at that point, and all appeared normal.

It was also an opportunity for the public to get a better look at what she looks like.

What was in her cart could be clues I’m sure. Was she going to make a Thanksgiving dinner and that is the reason she asked her mother for a recipe? Or did she buy non-perishable food that was longer lasting - camping type food?

I for one, won’t regret calling out the bizarre and incriminating behavior from PF here.

Normal people file police reports when their fiancé has gone off the grid for over a week, especially with a baby involved.

When a police report is filed, normal people make an effort to help locate the missing person.

If one is unwilling or unable to speak to the media, normal people appoint someone to speak for them, as publicity can help to locate the missing.

Normal people do not go radio silent when a loved one is missing.

No, we don’t know for sure that a crime has been committed, but it sure as hell looks that way.

I know where I’m looking.

SPOT ON!!! PF has every legal right to act in the bizarre fashion as he has. But he is violating the social contract we all have with our fellow citizens. Perfectly legal but creates enormous social consequences. Just ask O.J. about violating a social contract. What really bothers me is how LE has been protecting him from those consequences bearing down. They have lead everyone to believe PF was cooperating. Why? There may be a very good reason. Scratch that....there better be a very good reason. Because if there had not been the national media and scrutiny in this case would they still be wondering what happened to Kelsey? Would they have executed a search warrant? Or would they be still telling everybody how PF is cooperating? From the beginning the facts didnt seem to fit the actions of LE. Thank God for the media shinning the light on things.

In writing this I hope I'm wrong.

RedBBM
I don't recall that at all. PF received a text message from Kelsey's phone. We don't know that it explained her absence - LE has not released the content of the message.

We don't know that she texted her work. We know that a text was sent to Kelsey's employer from her phone.

I assume you mean PF, and it's possible he had help. I have no idea.
MOO
From the 1st press conference video, this was such a strange statement from the police chief, I wrote it down:

"...after she went missing she took time off..."

:confused:

That's true. I know a couple who have been "engaged" for over 10 years. As far as I know there is still no wedding planned.

Ok thanks! All the restaurants in my area are closed.

In major cities, Denver included it’s a tradition to go out on Thanksgiving night. Lots of restaurants open late so employees can have Thanksgiving lunch, IHOP and such never close, most bars open that night and almost all clubs. When I was younger in Denver and Dallas we partied all night and then went to Black Friday at midnight.

Many children live with killers. Drew Peterson had his children with him for years. Some children grow up with a Father like O.J. Simpson, who went to prison for...theft, of course...it is difficult to accept.
I know rescue which has way different humane requirements & average per cow vs commercial but I can get an answer. Still - the guy isn’t a rancher. 35 acres is barely a family pretend hobby farm
<mod fix broken quote>
Yes, where he lives is most certainly not a ranch, but I have seen that he has some leases where he runs cattle.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member