CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
If they had video footage of someone waiting in the parking lot, they'd have released that and they wouldn't have sought a search warrant for PF's property and wasted tax dollars on a search of his property and vehicles.
I will say that there is some connection between the shopping trip, the phone call to her mother and the recipe KB asked for. I'm not sure what it is, but in one of the interviews CB was asked for more detail about what the recipe was, she hesitated and then repeated that KB had called asking about a recipe and refused to go into any more detail. Since you normally shop for things for a recipe, it would stand to reason that whatever KB bought at safeway was for that recipe. But why be coy about it?
I don't think they have footage of someone waiting in the parking lot - I think someone could have been waiting for her - I find it odd they are not releasing video of her exiting the store and wonder why this is? We don't know what led them to get the sealed search warrant either. Something must have come up in their investigation but it took awhile for them to get it? JMO

If they had video footage of someone waiting in the parking lot, they'd have released that and they wouldn't have sought a search warrant for PF's property and wasted tax dollars on a search of his property and vehicles.
I will say that there is some connection between the shopping trip, the phone call to her mother and the recipe KB asked for. I'm not sure what it is, but in one of the interviews CB was asked for more detail about what the recipe was, she hesitated and then repeated that KB had called asking about a recipe and refused to go into any more detail. Since you normally shop for things for a recipe, it would stand to reason that whatever KB bought at safeway was for that recipe. But why be coy about it?

My first explanation would be, something Adventists eat. They have own diet, and KB could have asked mom for a vegan recipe of something. This is what some people would not necessarily explain on TV, because it is own religion, and the explanation would be too long.

BBM
I missed this. When did she tell her mom this? Prior to the reported breakup or the day she was last seen?
Her mom stated that on her non-edited interview. It scares me to think that Kelsey may have gotten in PF's truck on Thanksgiving to go to a rural forest to search for a Christmas tree with an axe.

Based on what was found at her home, it doesn't seem that she was going out in the evening - unless she did the baking just before going out for dinner.

If she had a date, wouldn't there would be an easy to follow digital trail of those plans?
The digital trail for Kelsey would be more difficult to follow since they do not have her phone - as far as we know. Nowadays, most text communications go via apps rather than as SMS messages. As such, those messages are sent over the cellular network as encrypted data and law enforcement would have to look through phone company records of data usage as opposed to SMS messaging which is not only much easier but the message itself is not encrypted and you can determine who the parties are that are exchanging the messages.

A default app like iMessage would be a virtual black box without having the phone.

PF had a head start. Ten days to get rid of all posts online. Ten days to get rid of any evidence. That’s one reason it’s hard to get a feel for what he’s really like. But I believe in miracles. Everyone messes up somehow. He’s a decent looking guy. I doubt if Kelsey is the only woman he has dated. Someone knows his temperament. It will come out. A 25,000 reward here at Christmas is a good motivator.

Has anyone posted about his prior personal life? This is what I have not seen.
I've sleuthed around some and it's been difficult. The online court records in CO only go back 6mos, so for the past 6mos he's had no interactions with the courts. The local newspapers don't have searchable archives, so I'm stymied there.
It seems from a generalized search that he's always lived in that house with his family. He doesn't have a large social media presence. His FB is really locked down so it's hard to get anything from that.

Maybe he doesn’t like to drive with a jacket on? I don’t really like to. I feel restricted. Or, maybe he’s afraid someone saw him wearing that jacket somewhere (bus, driving around...)

BBM. But it was the reverse of that--

1. He got into the truck at the attorney's office without a jacket.
2. Then he was photographed wearing a jacket inside his truck.
3. He drove to his gate (reporter followed) and got out to close the gate and order the reporter to leave and he did not have his jacket on.

It's probably nothing, but is driving me crazy now... :confused:o_O:oops:

Based on what was found at her home, it doesn't seem that she was going out in the evening - unless she did the baking just before going out for dinner.

If she had a date, wouldn't there would be an easy to follow digital trail of those plans?
Cell phone records will tell the tale. LE already knows much more than we do. They know, for example, if there was any activity initiated on her cell phone between Nov. 22 and Nov. 25 - did she make any calls, send any texts, or read her email (not sure if LE can check that w/o the actual phone). PF also voluntarily allowed LE to search his cell phone. I'd bet that he'd scrubbed it, but I wonder if they have access to his call history. If LE had probable cause to search his residence, did the search warrant include his cell phone records? It was sealed, but it seems highly likely.

Lies of omission. TBH, no matter what he said I just can't wrap my brain around the fact that he never reported her missing.

We don’t even know if he knew she was missing. With what little known facts we have regarding either one of them or their relationship it’s hard to say he knew she was missing.
jmo

I've sleuthed around some and it's been difficult. The online court records in CO only go back 6mos, so for the past 6mos he's had no interactions with the courts. The local newspapers don't have searchable archives, so I'm stymied there.
It seems from a generalized search that he's always lived in that house with his family. He doesn't have a large social media presence. His FB is really locked down so it's hard to get anything from that.

Do you know what is their local newspaper? Rodeo or whatever? I can try in the evening.

The family FB page says LE knows what she purchased so I believe if they know this, they know and have video footage of when she left and are purposely not sharing that video or timeline. JMO

They possibly found the receipt from her store purchases and have probably matched it up with a card purchase if she did not pay cash.

The things she purchased might make it obvious what she was planning to cook that day or show she was doing regular shopping. If regular shopping for multiple days, it could indicate she didn’t plan to take any kind of trip.

I often go to the store on holidays when I know it won’t be very busy and could see someone doing that when they are with a baby that might get fussy.

He locked his FB down after one of our sleuthers gathered some info from it- I posted it yesterday

Her mom stated that on her non-edited interview. It scares me to think that Kelsey may have gotten in PF's truck on Thanksgiving to go to a rural forest to search for a Christmas tree with an axe.

Imagine a different situation. Could be even an accident. A tree falling on her.

ETA. For some reason I believe it was pretty bloodless.

He knew after a week of no contact and not returning to pick up her baby that she was missing.
Isn’t that when her mom reported her missing? Maybe her mom told him she was going to report her missing so he didn’t. I don’t believe we know if there was a plan in place when KB was picking up the baby.
Like I said, we have very few known facts.
jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member