Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #36

Status
Not open for further replies.
Weird that they don't have that on WCCA, especially when it's a sex offense.

Over the last couple of days while doing some background sleuthing/digging, I’ve noticed that I’m having to tweak search terms and cross-reference various databases/check different ones more than I should to bring up *all* I’m looking for. The brother’s various convictions are an example.

And after the mortgage fiasco, I’m triple rather than double checking sources.

I wonder if JP looked up to his brother and saw what he did as a positive example.

And given the lesser charges his brother received, JP probably thought it was okay. Again, don't know JP's psyche, but that dude is seriously disturbed in more ways than one as he killed 2 people to get to a girl.
Bolded by me: This is what is on my mind. The brother's sex crimes happened at a time when Jake was especially impressionable. I do think the brother was an influence in this crime against Jayme - not that every younger sibling is destinted to follow in a sibling's footsteps (please don't assume I'm making that statement), but that the brother's actions were an influence that then festered and grew into a fantasy that JP then put into action, like his brother put his desires into action.

I'm not stating this well, but I hope ykwim.

jmo

IMO we're all trying to find a label (a reason) for JTP's actions. autism, drugs, foster care, incel...we're going in circles without facts.

how about a new label - "limup"??? lonely introverted mentally unstable pervert...it's so much more simple than we can fathom. can't explain many of these crimes and never will...keep the faith, justice will be served and jayme will hopefully heal.

see you folks on the unfortunate next case...
It's not unusual to be curious about the perp though.

I too am extremely interested in how the Perp targeted, and became transfixed with Jayme. I'm wondering if he had some relative who had similar dance activities as Jayme, or he spotted her at the school bus stop.

I can't figure out why he felt then need to bust in to her house and murder the parents. He could have accomplished his aim much easier, unless Jayme was indeed with someone at all times? (Except the bus stop).

It's just so crazy. Why Jayme?

Bolded by me: This is what is on my mind. The brother's sex crimes happened at a time when Jake was especially impressionable. I do think the brother was an influence in this crime against Jayme - not that every younger sibling is destinted to follow in a sibling's footsteps (please don't assume I'm making that statement), but that the brother's actions were an influence that then festered and grew into a fantasy that JP then put into action, like his brother put his desires into action.

jmo

As I stated before, I am also an older sibling who has had a younger sibling act like me at times with behaviors.

Here is the link to how the Closs family knew Patterson.
(quote)
They were super nice:’ Kidnapping suspect Jake Patterson worked with Jayme Closs’ parents for a day
‘They were super nice:’ Kidnapping suspect Jake Patterson worked with Jayme Closs’ parents for a day

That’s a kinda misleading headline. The comment “they were super nice” was made by his neighbor in the subdivision about the Patterson family when the neighbors moved in and had nothing to do with the Closs family.

Sorry if someone else has pointed that out. I rarely sleep but last night I did and I haven’t totally caught up with the thread.

Over the last couple of days while doing some background sleuthing/digging, I’ve noticed that I’m having to tweak search terms and cross-reference various databases/check different ones more than I should to bring up *all* I’m looking for. The brother’s various convictions are an example.

And after the mortgage fiasco, I’m triple rather than double checking sources.

I'm wondering, since he was 18, that they had it expunged at a certain point.

But you had no hand in what she did, so why should you feel pride? I don't understand why you feel that you had a hand in it. You had nothing to do with it. It is not your achievement. I assume you are confusing pride in a complete strangers achievement with admiration for her achievement.... o_O
It's no big deal. Mods are very clear about coming at each other

jmo

Plus they grew up in the same environment, with the same influences. Each child is different, but similar factors may have played out in both.

What has it got to do with what his brother did??
Both crimes occurred in October.
Both involved underage girls.
One clearly more violent than the other.
Younger brother could be seen as escalated violence (I know this is stretching the connection), but I think people are seeing one, even if it’s as simple as one brother trying to show the other brother that he’s worthy and just like him.

Not my personal feelings just trying to demonstrate that some might see a connection.

I don't think the older brothers charges influenced Jake unless there are other factors we don't know about. Kidnapping and double homicide.. Those are the crimes of a truly disturbed individual.

I want to add to all these posts a big thank you! for all this information!! I'm trying to keep up. I am reading as fast as I can....

However, I don't want the thread shut down cause someone is unhappy about someone else being proud of Jayme.

I too am proud of Jayme!!
Bam!!!
You go girl!!

I want to add to all these posts a big thank you! for all this information!! I'm trying to keep up. I am reading as fast as I can....

However, I don't want the thread shut down cause someone is unhappy about someone else being proud of Jayme.

I too am proud of Jayme!!
Bam!!!
You go girl!!

Heck yeah, I'm proud of Jayme too. Whoever wants to hate on that...I don't get it. The girl helped herself in such a brave manner not only to survive but to get that creep off the street.

I'm wondering, since he was 18, that they had it expunged at a certain point.

I don’t think so, as MSM, at least one other poster & I eventually found the link to the court case.

It’s not the first time/case that this has happened to me (having trouble getting complete search results), I just have to remember to vary search terms/ word order/use an initial instead of a full first name, for example. Also clearing my cache helps because prior searches can influence results of newer ones, depending on search engines.

Is it possible he decided he would take "a girl" and started planning and prepping before having a specific target? Maybe it is more random than we think and he just went out hunting once he thought he had a perfect plan and was ready to go get "a girl" that turned out to be Jayme. Could have seen her and her mom out that same evening perhaps. Dunno, just thinking.

Both crimes occurred in October.
Both involved underage girls.
One clearly more violent than the other.
Younger brother could be seen as escalated violence (I know this is stretching the connection), but I think people are seeing one, even if it’s as simple as one brother trying to show the other brother that he’s worthy and just like him.

Not my personal feelings just trying to demonstrate that some might see a connection.
I understand, but at this time I think its just a distraction. When and if LE says there's a connection, I definitely think it's up for sleuthing. But, also I thought we weren't supposed to sleuth anyone that wasn't named as a POI. Could be wrong though. Right now I just think it's a waste of good brain cells...not much out there on him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member