Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #39

Status
Not open for further replies.
His father signed the house over to the bank just days after he took Jayme. He would not have been able to stay there much longer and probably would not be able to take her with him when he was evicted. This would have not have had a good outcome if she did not escape.

It had been shown, with county property records, in previous threads that MSM got this wrong. In fact, it’s the opposite. JTP’s dad paid off the mortgage and the financial institution released the mortgage on the property.

IIRC, this is just a rumor. I have not seen any proof of foster parents, being a foster child or being on his own as a minor.
Yeah. An AP article cited a neighbor as saying this, but other than that single account, I haven’t heard anything to verify this.

I’m leaning towards it not being true.

His father signed the house over to the bank just days after he took Jayme. He would not have been able to stay there much longer and probably would not be able to take her with him when he was evicted. This would have not have had a good outcome if she did not escape.

Just to clarify, the father did not sign the house over to the bank, he actually paid off the mortgage. I know there has/had been confusion about the father's bank transaction and it has been clarified in subsequent posts that the house was not signed over, it was paid off..
Yes, had she not escaped.......

Maybe he did drive 2 hours to throw her off as to how far away from home she was, he seems like he may do something like that jmo
Is it possible perp had the radio on and maybe Jayme heard the radio announce the time as they drove along? Just a thought. Even if not amazing that she got out alive!

I’ve been considering the idea that JPs “confession” was canned. Ie; He said what police wanted to hear. Im not sure where I stand on that but certain things seem oddly specifically aligned to things said by media and LE prior to his capture.

While some saw the confession as bragging ... the more I read it the more I feel a “cat and mouse” vibe. Could be part of his well thought out plan.
This is what I'm trying to say in some of my posts. He's going along with what the police have put out there....like the 4 minutes in the home, the wonderings if he saw her at the bus stop, etc. He thinks he's clever imo. He thinks he's smarter than others and likes to play with their heads. That's the feeling I'm getting. jmo

Last edited:
Is it possible perp had the radio on and maybe Jayme heard the radio announce the time as they drove along? Just a thought. Even if not amazing that she got out alive!
It’s possible, but I think her mind would have been spinning at this point.

I can’t fathom the shock and terror she felt, and I’d be surprised if she had the presence of mind to listen to the radio.

Patterson applied for job the day before Jayme Closs escape
KARE 11's Lou Raguse has confirmed that Jake Patterson applied online for a job at Saratoga Liquors in Superior the day before Jayme's brave escape and his arrest on murder and kidnapping charges. In his application, Patterson wrote "I'm an honest and hardworking guy. Not much work experience, but I show up to work and I'm a quick learner."

On the application, which a Saratoga co-owner shared with KARE 11, Patterson listed his work history without mentioning the two-day stints he spent at Jennie-O and Saputo Cheese, where he was working when he allegedly spotted Jayme getting on the school bus and decided to kidnap her. Among the work experiences he listed:
  • Quanex Building Products, Rice Lake, Oct '16-Jan '17
  • Marine Corps Boot Camp, San Diego, Apr '17-Dec '17
  • Bohmann Concrete, Hayward, WI, Apr '18-Nov '18
Reporter Raguse tweeted that the work history appears embellished, as the Marines kicked Patterson out after just five weeks of basic training, and authorities say he was not working at the time of the kidnapping, which is in direct conflict to the claim he was working at Bohmann Concrete during that time frame.

KB with Bohmann Concrete also called KARE 11 to confirm that Patterson filled out an application to work at Bohmann, but was never employed there.

In another development, Patterson was moved from the Barron County Jail to the lockup in adjoining Polk County. Barron County Sheriff Chris Fitzgerald confirmed that a relative of Jayme's worked at the Barron County Jail but said the move was an administrative decision, and not based on threats or security concerns. Fitzgerald says Patterson will be moved back to Barron County for upcoming court appearances.

Last edited:
This is incorrect. The dad payed the house off days after JP took Jayme. He could stay there forever as long as the taxes were paid.

https://nypost.com/2019/01/15/mom-o...raught/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter
The mom of Jayme Closs’ accused kidnapper is devastated by her son’s alleged crimes, the woman’s neighbor told The Post on Tuesday.

In a chilling coincidence, Frey drives a bus for the local Rice Lake School District, other residents said.

He said Frey, who remarried just two months ago, is “afraid” of all the attention from the case.

But he said the tiny town has rallied around her by dropping off flowers outside the home where she lives with her new husband and Labradors.

No one answered the Freys’ door Tuesday morning.

Meanwhile, a spokeswoman for the Saputo Cheese Factory — where Patterson worked in nearby Almena for only two days before spotting Jayme and quitting to allegedly concoct his evil plot — said the suspect simply stopped coming to work.

Saputo spokeswoman SV told The Post that Patterson was placed at the cheese-manufacturing facility by a temp agency.

He was making blue cheese at the plant, she said.

Prosecutors have declined to say exactly when Patterson first spotted Jayme, but SV said he worked at the factory Oct. 3 and 4 and then didn’t show up Oct. 5 and beyond.

Jayme Closs: Mother of man accused of kidnap is 'scared to leave home' | Daily Mail Online
JP's mother is 'distraught,' and 'scared to come out of her house,' in the wake of the horrifying revelations about her son's attack on the Closs house on October 15.

Speaking to DailyMail.com a neighbor who asked not to be named said: 'She's distraught. They're good people. This is just shocking.'

The stark description is the first insight into the family behind the killer and kidnapper whose horrific actions have stunned the nation.

According to the neighbor, DF and her second husband K - Patterson's mother and stepfather - are thoughtful people who get up early each morning to plow snow from driveways.

The neighbor said: 'I would see him [Jake] across the street but not to talk to him. They're good people. But he's a freak.'

Today his mother was described as holed up at home, uncertain how to move forward in the wake of all that has happened and her youngest son's horrifying confessions.

DailyMail.com can also reveal that on the day Jayme Closs escaped, Patterson had made the 56-mile trip from the cabin in which he was holding the 13-year-old to his mother's home in Haugen, Wisconsin.

Those who knew Patterson growing up have described him as 'quiet' 'studious' and a member of Northwood High School's Quiz Bowl team.

But an ex-boyfriend of his sister, K, who dated her in 2009 and often stayed with her in the Patterson family home, recalled Patterson as more troubled than quiet.

'Nobody would really engage with Jake. I never saw him out playing with their dog or taking part in any sporting activity or even with friends.

'He was just always indoors sitting by himself. He'd be watching TV and just staring straight ahead at it. One of the last times I saw him I was getting ready to leave and I sort of said my goodbyes to him and he just kept looking straight ahead, he didn't react at all or turn his head or wave…nothing.

'There was something very flat and emotionless about him. There was nothing behind his eyes. I remember feeling that even back then.'

I wonder where he drove before going to his house . It's only an hour away isn't it?
According to Jayme, her abductor then bundled into the trunk and drove her approximately two hours to the cabin where he would hold her for the next three months until her remarkable escape last week.
For me, 5 minutes locked in the trunk after witnessing the brutal massacre of my parents would probably be like 5 days! I am amazed at JC's reference, and don't believe JP made any detour. MOO

It's easy to fall for the fallacy that there is a simple, single reason.

Everything that went awry in JTP's life fed into his insecurities. He obsessed instead of opening to friends, closed down instead of seeking help and finally fulfilled the fantasy he'd created to 'fix' his life (or appease the feelings that somehow things could be reset to a prior state).

However, that's not an interesting explanation so feel free to have another whole thread fixating on the sealed records.

As I stated before, I did not read past threads so I had no idea there was a thread over sealed records, or even sealed records in general. Thanks I suppose

KARE 11's Lou Raguse has confirmed that Jake Patterson applied online for a job at Saratoga Liquors in Superior the day before Jayme's brave escape and his arrest on murder and kidnapping charges. In his application, Patterson wrote "I'm an honest and hardworking guy. Not much work experience, but I show up to work and I'm a quick learner."

On the application, which a Saratoga co-owner shared with KARE 11, Patterson listed his work history without mentioning the two-day stints he spent at Jennie-O and Saputo Cheese, where he was working when he allegedly spotted Jayme getting on the school bus and decided to kidnap her. Among the work experiences he listed:
  • Quanex Building Products, Rice Lake, Oct '16-Jan '17
  • Marine Corps Boot Camp, San Diego, Apr '17-Dec '17
  • Bohmann Concrete, Hayward, WI, Apr '18-Nov '18
Reporter Raguse tweeted that the work history appears embellished, as the Marines kicked Patterson out after just five weeks of basic training, and authorities say he was not working at the time of the kidnapping, which is in direct conflict to the claim he was working at Bohmann Concrete during that time frame.

KB with Bohmann Concrete also called KARE 11 to confirm that Patterson filled out an application to work at Bohmann, but was never employed there.

In another development, Patterson was moved from the Barron County Jail to the lockup in adjoining Polk County. Barron County Sheriff Chris Fitzgerald confirmed that a relative of Jayme's worked at the Barron County Jail but said the move was an administrative decision, and not based on threats or security concerns. Fitzgerald says Patterson will be moved back to Barron County for upcoming court appearances.
Excellent. So this explains the origins of that “resume.”

It’s a good thing he didn’t get that job, as a change like that might have spurred a decision to murder Jayme.

Who knows though?

Like that, that's def possible imo

Jayme Closs: Mother of man accused of kidnap is 'scared to leave home' | Daily Mail Online
Neither Patterson's mother nor father has given any hint that they recognized anything unusual about their son's behavior across the 87 days during which he held Jayme prisoner, though both saw him during that time.

The couple split for good in 2007 after a turbulent marriage when their youngest son, Jake, was 12 years old. They had filed for divorce once before, in 2005, but the suit was dropped as they endeavored to try to save the marriage that brought them three children - Jake, 21, Erik, 24, and sister Katie, 26.

Patterson's parents got joint custody of the children but the ex recalled Patterson's father Patrick as the primary care giver.

He said: 'Patrick was just a great guy and so welcoming. But he worked long hours. He'd be up at four to leave the house and not back till late and Jake was kind of alone, isolated even in his family. His brother and sister were that bit older.

Today Deborah lives with her second husband Kevin in the small town of Haugen just 20 minutes drive from Jayme's home in Barron.

Patterson's stepfather Kevin is, according to another neighbor, a keen hunter who is often seen out taking shots. It is not known if his stepson who gunned down Denise and James Closs with such lethal efficiency ever joined him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa