Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #39

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by JerseyGirl, Oct 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sjm_qc

Sjm_qc Well-Known Member

Great post.

May I add: we do not know, and I keep emphasizing it, what - if any - alarming “issues” JP may have had or shown, NOR do we know how his parents dealt with them, or whether they successfully or unsuccessfully sought help.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2019
    SeekingJana, 8paws, Alcina and 17 others like this.

2. ab01

ab01 "What is done in the dark always comes to light"

Anybody else think jtp May have been on unemployment compensation from his first job and was filling out applications to fulfill requirements set by the program?

3. Lillymac

Lillymac Well-Known Member

I agree with your sentiment. Would seem a lifetime to me.,!!! But, factually I was wondering if someone else might have spotted the car. Guess not or we would have heard about it.

4. gitana1

gitana1 Verified Attorney

Apparently some are saying that's a rumor. It was stated by someone in one of the articles you linked!

Apparently there is no evidence for that though anywhere else so it might be a rumor. However, it does look like he doesn't look anything like his parents or his siblings to me. Interesting.

human, MsBetsy, Gumbeaux and 3 others like this.
  5. BlinkOfAnI

BlinkOfAnI Well-Known Member

Thanks for bringing over! I agree with original poster's comment and and yours! While I have no answers to this specific case I have seen others involving 18 and over where parents have said they have asked for help, begged for help. I once had a young man sit in my office who could not get his medication bur knew he needed it. He tried so hard to be patient while I tried to help. I could see anxiety increasing in his eye. leg movements while he tried to remain calm. The Judge had ordered him to get help. I called everyone, everyplace, but with no insurance, SSI/SSD, medical card. or whatever there was no help. It broke my heart when he walked out the door. I couldn't help him. He tried to tell me I couldn't and so did his parent's because they had tried for years, the resources weren't there. 2 weeks later he was in jail again for assault. Not knowing the circumstances of JP's case I cannot say whether available, improved resources would have helped. I can only say that as long as we ignore those in need especially those that are willing to get help we as society will reap the consequences. Forgive the rant.

6. Deerrun

Deerrun Well-Known Member

Well imo, it's part of the control. Not knowing where she is to me is part of the mental torture and control he had over her. Not saying I am right, just saying....It could also be that he wanted to stay away from his house until he could make sure police wouldn't show up. He did not know he got away with it yet. Remember he kept the loaded shotgun by the door for 2 weeks just in case per msm article.

human, MsBetsy, Colleen and 3 others like this.
  7. PommyMommy

PommyMommy #ShinelikeShanann

Yeah, it would have been super risky to leave her alone on a regular basis. But he probably would have just worked a day or two. :rolleyes:
    MOO

libraryg, MrsM, Katharine and 17 others like this.
  8. MesquiteO21

MesquiteO21 Well-Known Member

You know, with certain interviews Fitz did i really was wondering if he was purposely giving false info....but i couldn't really see a point, even if he was hoping to slip a perp up. i hate to say it but JTP seems smart enough to figure out if LE was deliberately giving false info. Plus what a headache and time waster to have to sort through so many tips for something you know is false.

But now that we have read the complaint, we see that dude probably was not only 5 feet in the house...i haven't looked at the layout but i'd bet the bathroom isn't within 5 feet of the front door. So...Fitz remains a bit mysterious to me.

9. Rubiconbob

Rubiconbob Well-Known Member

Exactly, I think he was looking for only child female to get ...and found one.. coulda spotted her at age 11 or 12.. he wouldn’t say..

They had dog and dad that didn’t buy bull crap and he only made it by 45 seconds..

He had to know 6/7 people in house he’s screwed.

I’d sure hate to think he used his moms bus route info searching for kids but wouldn’t put past him...

I agree, verify everything he says and assume he’s full of it.

Ellmau, SeekingJana, MsBetsy and 3 others like this.
  10. bizzle2

bizzle2 Well-Known Member

I see what you are saying, and I would agree that there isn't really a reason to trust everything he says. But the part about approximately 4 minutes in the house pretty much has to be true. I mean, he probably didn't time it out with a stopwatch so it could be off by a minute or two. But between details provided by Jayme in the criminal complaint, the 911 call, and the police arriving he couldn't have been in there for more than 5-6 minutes.

8paws, human, Third Coast Gal and 3 others like this.
  11. Lillymac

And guess what...never found it!!!!

12. kkdj

kkdj Well-Known Member

In other article it was said the his mom remarried just 2 months ago. Did JP go to the wedding, leaving Jayme imprisoned under the bed for many hours?

Ellmau, 8paws, Alcina and 7 others like this.
  13. kkdj

kkdj Well-Known Member

maybe. I'm still trying to fit in the neighbors timing of hearing the 2 gunshots. I'm not going to simply believe JP. Now if Jayme has a way of knowing how long I'll go with that, but I would imagine with the fear she was in it seemed like eternity.

ilovechili, human and PommyMommy like this.
  14. Lillymac

I thought his brother and he look alike and he definitely has his father's nose. jmo

SeekingJana, 8paws, Alcina and 8 others like this.
  15. MassGuy

MassGuy The Monsters Aren’t The Ones Beneath The Bed

I just think it’s unlikely, especially considering the fact that it appears he hadn’t given her captivity much thought.

His adrenaline would have been running high, and I’m sure he wanted to get home as soon as possible.

He had a kidnap victim in his trunk, he’d be focused on not getting caught.

libraryg, SeekingJana, 8paws and 13 others like this.
  16. Deerrun

Deerrun Well-Known Member

Waiting on the @thedude to figure that one out!

17. Sjm_qc

Sjm_qc Well-Known Member

BBM: this was erroneous information, since corrected by a very diligent WSer then eventually by MSM. His father paid off the mortgage. He did not sign it over to the bank.

Lucyray, 8paws, IowaMom4 and 12 others like this.
  18. girlhasnoname

girlhasnoname Well-Known Member

Haa! At least he's consistently undependable. :p

Lucyray, libraryg, 8paws and 11 others like this.
  19. sumzero

sumzero Well-Known Member

Most definitely.

8paws, Ms Buffyton, Sjm_qc and 5 others like this.
  20. sumzero

sumzero Well-Known Member

Good luck. ;o)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.