Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #39

Status
Not open for further replies.
All I can say is that as a lawyer I encounter issues with people having mental health problems regularly. With an adult, unless they are actively harming themselves or others or threatening do to do, you can't force treatment.

The reality is stark. Just having an "off" kid or even one with continuous, anti-social behavior enables you to get nothing with regard to involuntary services. And voluntary services are super expensive, typically.

Most people could not fathom that their child with "issues" could be able to do something like this or a mass shooting because they typically don't voice their insane fantasies.

This stuff simply isn't always preventable no matter how much we want that to be true.

Great post.

May I add: we do not know, and I keep emphasizing it, what - if any - alarming “issues” JP may have had or shown, NOR do we know how his parents dealt with them, or whether they successfully or unsuccessfully sought help.

Last edited:
For me, 5 minutes locked in the trunk after witnessing the brutal massacre of my parents would probably be like 5 days! I am amazed at JC's reference, and don't believe JP made any detour. MOO
I agree with your sentiment. Would seem a lifetime to me.,!!! But, factually I was wondering if someone else might have spotted the car. Guess not or we would have heard about it.

I hadn't heard of him having foster parents. Do you have a link I must have missed it in the flying threads. Thanks

Apparently some are saying that's a rumor. It was stated by someone in one of the articles you linked!

Apparently there is no evidence for that though anywhere else so it might be a rumor. However, it does look like he doesn't look anything like his parents or his siblings to me. Interesting.

All I can say is that as a lawyer I encounter issues with people having mental health problems regularly. With an adult, unless they are actively harming themselves or others or threatening do to do, you can't force treatment.

The reality is stark. Just having an "off" kid or even one with continuous, anti-social behavior enables you to do get nothing with regard to involuntary services. And voluntary services are super expensive, typically.

Most people could not fathom that their child with "issues" could be able to do something like this or a mass shooting because they typically don't voice their insane fantasies.

This stuff simply isn't always preventable no matter how much we want that to be true.

Thanks for bringing over! I agree with original poster's comment and and yours! While I have no answers to this specific case I have seen others involving 18 and over where parents have said they have asked for help, begged for help. I once had a young man sit in my office who could not get his medication bur knew he needed it. He tried so hard to be patient while I tried to help. I could see anxiety increasing in his eye. leg movements while he tried to remain calm. The Judge had ordered him to get help. I called everyone, everyplace, but with no insurance, SSI/SSD, medical card. or whatever there was no help. It broke my heart when he walked out the door. I couldn't help him. He tried to tell me I couldn't and so did his parent's because they had tried for years, the resources weren't there. 2 weeks later he was in jail again for assault. Not knowing the circumstances of JP's case I cannot say whether available, improved resources would have helped. I can only say that as long as we ignore those in need especially those that are willing to get help we as society will reap the consequences. Forgive the rant.

Last edited:
He’d have no reason to do that. Who is she going to tell?
Well imo, it's part of the control. Not knowing where she is to me is part of the mental torture and control he had over her. Not saying I am right, just saying....It could also be that he wanted to stay away from his house until he could make sure police wouldn't show up. He did not know he got away with it yet. Remember he kept the loaded shotgun by the door for 2 weeks just in case per msm article.

Excellent. So this explains the origins of that “resume.”

It’s a good thing he didn’t get that job, as a change like that might have spurred a decision to murder Jayme.

Who knows though?
Yeah, it would have been super risky to leave her alone on a regular basis. But he probably would have just worked a day or two. :rolleyes:
MOO

beginning to think that the two cars they released info to the public on may have been a deliberate disinformation scheme designed to make the perp relax - and then hope he slips up...

You know, with certain interviews Fitz did i really was wondering if he was purposely giving false info....but i couldn't really see a point, even if he was hoping to slip a perp up. i hate to say it but JTP seems smart enough to figure out if LE was deliberately giving false info. Plus what a headache and time waster to have to sort through so many tips for something you know is false.

But now that we have read the complaint, we see that dude probably was not only 5 feet in the house...i haven't looked at the layout but i'd bet the bathroom isn't within 5 feet of the front door. So...Fitz remains a bit mysterious to me.

This is what'm trying to say in some of my posts. He's going along with what the police have put out there....like the 4 minutes in the home, the wonderings if he saw her at the bus stop, etc. He thinks he's clever imo. He thinks he's smarter than others and likes to play with their heads. That's the feeling I'm getting. jmo

Exactly, I think he was looking for only child female to get ...and found one.. coulda spotted her at age 11 or 12.. he wouldn’t say..

They had dog and dad that didn’t buy bull crap and he only made it by 45 seconds..

He had to know 6/7 people in house he’s screwed.

I’d sure hate to think he used his moms bus route info searching for kids but wouldn’t put past him...

I agree, verify everything he says and assume he’s full of it.

This is what'm trying to say in some of my posts. He's going along with what the police have put out there....like the 4 minutes in the home, the wonderings if he saw her at the bus stop, etc. He thinks he's clever imo. He thinks he's smarter than others and likes to play with their heads. That's the feeling I'm getting. jmo

I see what you are saying, and I would agree that there isn't really a reason to trust everything he says. But the part about approximately 4 minutes in the house pretty much has to be true. I mean, he probably didn't time it out with a stopwatch so it could be off by a minute or two. But between details provided by Jayme in the criminal complaint, the 911 call, and the police arriving he couldn't have been in there for more than 5-6 minutes.

Jayme Closs: Mother of man accused of kidnap is 'scared to leave home' | Daily Mail Online
Neither Patterson's mother nor father has given any hint that they recognized anything unusual about their son's behavior across the 87 days during which he held Jayme prisoner, though both saw him during that time.

The couple split for good in 2007 after a turbulent marriage when their youngest son, Jake, was 12 years old. They had filed for divorce once before, in 2005, but the suit was dropped as they endeavored to try to save the marriage that brought them three children - Jake, 21, Erik, 24, and sister Katie, 26.

Patterson's parents got joint custody of the children but the ex recalled Patterson's father Patrick as the primary care giver.

He said: 'Patrick was just a great guy and so welcoming. But he worked long hours. He'd be up at four to leave the house and not back till late and Jake was kind of alone, isolated even in his family. His brother and sister were that bit older.

Today Deborah lives with her second husband Kevin in the small town of Haugen just 20 minutes drive from Jayme's home in Barron.

Patterson's stepfather Kevin is, according to another neighbor, a keen hunter who is often seen out taking shots. It is not known if his stepson who gunned down Denise and James Closs with such lethal efficiency ever joined him.
In other article it was said the his mom remarried just 2 months ago. Did JP go to the wedding, leaving Jayme imprisoned under the bed for many hours?

I see what you are saying, and I would agree that there isn't really a reason to trust everything he says. But the part about approximately 4 minutes in the house pretty much has to be true. I mean, he probably didn't time it out with a stopwatch so it could be off by a minute or two. But between details provided by Jayme in the criminal complaint, the 911 call, and the police arriving he couldn't have been in there for more than 5-6 minutes.
maybe. I'm still trying to fit in the neighbors timing of hearing the 2 gunshots. I'm not going to simply believe JP. Now if Jayme has a way of knowing how long I'll go with that, but I would imagine with the fear she was in it seemed like eternity.

Last edited:
Apparently some are saying that's a rumor. It was stated by someone in one of the articles you linked!

Apparently there is no evidence for that though anywhere else so it might be a rumor. However, it does look like he doesn't look anything like his parents or his siblings to me. Interesting.
I thought his brother and he look alike and he definitely has his father's nose. jmo

Well imo, it's part of the control. Not knowing where she is to me is part of the mental torture and control he had over her. Not saying I am right, just saying....It could also be that he wanted to stay away from his house until he could make sure police wouldn't show up. He did not know he got away with it yet. Remember he kept the loaded shotgun by the door for 2 weeks just in case per msm article.
I just think it’s unlikely, especially considering the fact that it appears he hadn’t given her captivity much thought.

His adrenaline would have been running high, and I’m sure he wanted to get home as soon as possible.

He had a kidnap victim in his trunk, he’d be focused on not getting caught.

His father signed the house over to the bank just days after he took Jayme. He would not have been able to stay there much longer and probably would not be able to take her with him when he was evicted. This would have not have had a good outcome if she did not escape.

BBM: this was erroneous information, since corrected by a very diligent WSer then eventually by MSM. His father paid off the mortgage. He did not sign it over to the bank.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
genepool48