Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #39

Status
Not open for further replies.
JP said I did it as soon as an officer stopped him. Book smarts cant buy you street smarts.
Yeah, I agree and don’t see what he did as some great, complex plan. He got away with it initially, and maybe would have for longer if Jayme didn’t escape. But once pulled over he confesses without representation and blurts out everything in colorful detail. Silly. And now prison.

Finally caught up. I got to the end of the previous thread and was about to post when we got locked down. LOL

Now I'm caught up again.

In all my years here, I've read many troubling documents, complaints, etc. etc., but never have I ever felt as uncomfortable, horrified, and uneasy, as I did yesterday reading that document. I actually can't explain it. My insides were actually "flipping" and tears were streaming down my face.

That poor child. To witness what she witnessed, and to endure what she has endured over the last several months, would bring the strongest adult to their knees. But not Jayme. She kept her wits about her and she saved herself. I have so much admiration for this young girl.

My heart breaks for her parents, especially her mother. I can't imagine the terror of realizing that your husband is dead, and the monster looming over you wants your child. She knew why he came there. She knew he was going to take Jayme. I can't imagine the terror.

I'm happy that Jayme has such a close extended and loving family. She's got a lot to deal with and it's going to take time but I think she's going to be OK.

MOO

I wish I could copy this entire article here. It's a good one.

Fantasy, control and obsession: Experts weigh in on kidnapping suspect
Criminal experts believe fantasy, obsession and the desire for control may have driven suspect Jake Patterson to allegedly kidnap 13-year-old Jayme Closs and kill her parents.

"He was a perfectly nice kid," JM, his grandfather, told ABC News. "Nobody will ever know what went on in his mind."

Although Patterson's own alleged motivations have not been specified, criminal experts have ideas, based on studies and other cases, on what could have driven him to kidnap Closs and murder her parents.

Former FBI agent and ABC News contributor Brad Garrett said, according to studies, "People who end up abducting kids or young adults start these obsessions or fantasies many times when they're in elementary school. And they don't have the tools to sort of deal with that. When they get older, the fantasies, obsessions and even the violence become much more explicit."

Garrett said kidnappers like the suspect "are absolutely obsessed and driven with a fantasy to control and dominate a woman. And many times they target younger women... because they're easier to control."

"You also have to look at this as an absolute obsession," Garrett said. "This is in his mind all the time... and as the fantasy becomes richer and more explicit, the more likelihood he's gonna act on it. And I think that's what happened with Patterson. He didn't all of a sudden in October of last year, one day have the fantasy and the next day go abduct Jayme. This is something that has been building up."

While just pondering about Jake and his lack of criminal history I have been wondering if the abduction of Jayme really is his first criminal deed. Then a poster shared the article about the slashing of the tires. Anyway....while googling some stuff about criminals and such I came across this article which I found to be a bit interesting so I am just sharing the link for what it is worth

"All criminals have blank records until they are caught"

A "rap" sheet indicates "failures" only
Posted Feb 04, 2018

"All criminals have blank records until they are caught"

I just think it’s unlikely, especially considering the fact that it appears he hadn’t given her captivity much thought.

His adrenaline would have been running high, and I’m sure he wanted to get home as soon as possible.

He had a kidnap victim in his trunk, he’d be focused on not getting caught.
Not disagreeing, (I almost always agree with you), but if he hadn't given captivity that much thought (which it appears he didn't), I'm not sure he was that focused on getting home. I think he may have been high on adrenaline and driving to elude, in an excited state, without much thought about consequences at that point. He still had the shotgun, and he'd already killed twice. LE probably didn't seem like a worry at that point. Just another thought.

Sounds about right...

Warped Jake Patterson, 21, dated the 'shy, geeky' girl in ninth grade but became so embittered when they broke up he allegedly slashed the tires on her mom's car.

The balding introvert was never able to convince any other girls to go out with him after that, according to classmates at Northwood High School in Minong, Wisconsin.

Jayme Closs' kidnapper is branded a '*******' by his 'first and last' girlfriend | Daily Mail Online

Well, I just can't imagine why.....:eek::eek::eek:

And here comes the trickle of information that I have been waiting for...3,2,1....

But, I'm not sure I believe that either. per the complaint LE ran the plates on the Taurus and it was listed to his sister iirc. He seems like a pretty lazy guy to me so if he did steal and switch plates I don't see him putting back the original ones.

Page 11 of the criminal complaint: he drew a diagram of his house/property and indicated the garbage can in which he discarded the stolen plate.

http://media.graytvinc.com/documents/jayme+closs+complaint.pdf

I wish I could copy this entire article here. It's a good one.

Fantasy, control and obsession: Experts weigh in on kidnapping suspect
Criminal experts believe fantasy, obsession and the desire for control may have driven suspect Jake Patterson to allegedly kidnap 13-year-old Jayme Closs and kill her parents.

"He was a perfectly nice kid," JM, his grandfather, told ABC News. "Nobody will ever know what went on in his mind."

Although Patterson's own alleged motivations have not been specified, criminal experts have ideas, based on studies and other cases, on what could have driven him to kidnap Closs and murder her parents.

Former FBI agent and ABC News contributor Brad Garrett said, according to studies, "People who end up abducting kids or young adults start these obsessions or fantasies many times when they're in elementary school. And they don't have the tools to sort of deal with that. When they get older, the fantasies, obsessions and even the violence become much more explicit."

Garrett said kidnappers like the suspect "are absolutely obsessed and driven with a fantasy to control and dominate a woman. And many times they target younger women... because they're easier to control."

"You also have to look at this as an absolute obsession," Garrett said. "This is in his mind all the time... and as the fantasy becomes richer and more explicit, the more likelihood he's gonna act on it. And I think that's what happened with Patterson. He didn't all of a sudden in October of last year, one day have the fantasy and the next day go abduct Jayme. This is something that has been building up."
Wow, that is a great article PM, especially reading it in it's entirety. Thanks for being one of the best docs linkers ever.

JP seems to have entirely focused on the abduction details, i.e., type of gun, killing people, leaving no DNA, duct tape, kidnapping. However, once this was accomplished, he appeared to have no real plan as to how to feed and clothe Jayme, keep her clean/healthy, or shackles to keep her from escaping. What did he expect the long-term future could possibly bring?

That night after leaving the Closs house — I do think he would want to get off the roads. Otherwiae he runs the risk of being stopped. He had no idea for sure if his car was seen on the way home. If his house was an hour away, but Jayme says she thinks she was in the trunk for 2 hours — I think she was simply terrified and mistaken. Is it possible he drove around a little longer debating whether to pull off somewhere and rape/murder her? Maybe but I doubt it. It would be interesting know how much he had ready ahead of time, back at his houae, for a Jayme arrival. And what’s up with all the cars at hia house? The res Taurus was registered to his sister I believe.

Yeah, I agree and don’t see what he did as some great, complex plan. He got away with it initially, and maybe would have for longer if Jayme didn’t escape. But once pulled over he confesses without representation and blurts out everything in colorful detail. Silly. And now prison.
He was done without the confession. This was about taking credit for his “accomplishment.”

He saw the writing on the wall, and it’s not like his words could hurt him any more than all the evidence against him could.

JP seems to have entirely focused on the abduction details, i.e., type of gun, killing people, leaving no DNA, duct tape, kidnapping. However, once this was accomplished, he appeared to have no real plan as to how to feed and clothe Jayme, keep her clean/healthy, or shackles to keep her from escaping. What did he expect the long-term future could possibly bring?
He simply wasn’t thinking that far ahead.

He was so focused on the objective, that he gave little thought to what came next.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GreyFishOmen