Found Safe TN - SLP, 14, Madisonville, Monroe County, 13 Jan 2019 #4 *ARRESTS*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm just blown away be all of this! On the one hand BR seems like a probable pervert. On the other hand, he did follow thru and take her to MO where they sent the FBI everything they needed so that SP would be safe, with the arrest of her "father".
Can a single 31 year old man kidnap and harbor a 14 year old with only good intentions towards her? Seems odd to me any way you slice it.

I'm jumping ahead a bit here so I apologize if this has already been stated. According to the Criminal Complaint* LE was able to see what had occurred (the rape), clearly enough to bring charges against Rogers. The complaint in fact gives a graphic description of what was seen on the video.

So... why did Rogers insist that the video was too blurry to give to LE? This statement alone convinces me he was no Good Samaritan. That plus his hesitation to contact LE says to me that he did not intend to pass the video on to LE. So the question remains: What was his intention? I have my personal opinion which I stated in an earlier post.

He lied to LE, again, based on his statement that the video was too blurry - which it was not. But aside from that, the facts are that he broke Federal laws and so IMO the charge against him is logical. If/when he goes to trial other statements and evidence can be brought as mitigating circumstances but his current charge is right on. MOO.

*The link is somewhere in the thread and unfortunately I was only able to download it so I can't give the actual source. I'll look after I post this and if I find it I'll link to the poster who initially posted).

That original CC was blood curdling in how BR was portrayed. There was no mention of the discussion about SLP running to friends, running to a hospital, running to LE. There was no mention of her poor dog being killed. Nothing about RP threatening to kill her, if she tried to expose his evil ways.

IMO I went from 'hmmmmm', maybe he was helping SLP, to full on anger at how that portrayal of his actions was utterly disgusting. MOO at the release of the CC was a feeling of utter dismay at SLP's distress about her situation. And now?

Now, I would like to know where the 'video too blurry' comment actually came from. Who would BR be saying that to, when he knew they had driven to St. Louis to mail all of that evidence to the FBI? That does not compute for me. IMO JMO MHO

I'm just blown away be all of this! On the one hand BR seems like a probable pervert. On the other hand, he did follow thru and take her to MO where they sent the FBI everything they needed so that SP would be safe, with the arrest of her "father".
Can a single 31 year old man kidnap and harbor a 14 year old with only good intentions towards her? Seems odd to me any way you slice it.

And yet, here we are. It appears BR did exactly what SLP needed doing. IMO?

Sorry but I'm still having trouble with the "Good Samaritan" depiction from the defense. If Rogers had the sense to create a complete package, including a SD card to send to the FBI then why didn't he follow up after he mailed it? Why did he then instead lie to LE? Why did he claim it was too blurry to see?

Remember, this is a 31 year old man, not another teen. I cannot reconcile that he appeared to think logically through some parts of the plan but not others. If he felt he would be in trouble (rightfully so) then why lie to LE? What did he think would happen? It's just not computing with me. And again, why not contact Round Rock LE? Why only the FBI? MOO.

I am trying to stay open-minded though, depending on further information. I'd rather be wrong and eat crow than know that SLP was in the hands of yet another predator. MOO.

All good points I'm still concerned about too. Also, why wait 2 weeks to send it?

I Hope everyone is elated to hear that in all probability she was not taken advantage of further by another man. That’s the bottom line here, that it sure seems like best case scenario happened, given the very weird circumstances. Beyond the fact that he saved her, it sure does appear that perhaps he laid the foundation for her to be able to trust again. Imagine not being able to trust anyone, having no one listen to or believe you - and then one person changes this.

BBM
The answer is yes! Yes!! YES!!!
All of my mentors and best friends have been male.
Not once did I assume that any of them had intentions toward me that were nefarious or sexual in nature. Any of them would have helped me with no questions asked. Men shouldn't be automatically assumed to be bad because of their 'equipment' (sorry if that's crude). That's why I asked the question: If he were a she, would everyone just assume that there was SA?
I only got one honest response. <<<ETA - Thanks, margarita 25>>>

Last edited:
And yet, here we are. It appears BR did exactly what SLP needed doing. IMO?
Right......sort of.
I'm wondering if he had a romantic interest in her. Maybe he didn't act on it yet, but this seems pretty outrageous to do for someone he never met. I mean, what's in it for him? Would he have done it for a 14 year old boy?

BBM
The answer is yes! Yes!! YES!!!
All of my mentors and best friends have been male.
Not once did I assume that any of them had intentions toward me that were nefarious or sexual in nature. Any of them would have helped me with no questions asked. Men shouldn't be automatically assumed to be bad because of their 'equipment' (sorry if that's crude). That's why I asked the question: If he were a she, would everyone just assume that there was SA? I only got one honest response.
I think her being 14 and he being 31 is what is so strange, at least to me.

Right......sort of.
I'm wondering if he had a romantic interest in her. Maybe he didn't act on it yet, but this seems pretty outrageous to do for someone he never met. I mean, what's in it for him? Would he have done it for a 14 year old boy?

Maybe? He appears to be simple in his methods. He actually was hearing the stress in SLP's words. He offered options. SLP knew that none of them would work. Her friends would rat her out. What kind of community has that undercurrent of distrust? She did not trust local LE. We need more details on that aspect. Sadly, she had to endure. Make that video. Capture audio. All of it is outrageous as you stated! IMO MOO

ETA: My 'maybe' is about a 14 year old boy. I don't contemplate romance in the setting of their conversations. That's just me. And I do admit, I've been in far less stressful situations, helping people, with no thoughts of 'what's in it for me?' I'm sure most of us have, at one time or another.

Last edited:
I can understand that.
But when I was around that age, I had mentors at work and friends in college/whatever that were that age and older. It's not strange to me but that's just my experience and opinion.
I understand that but did you have adult friends that would have kidnapped and harbored you? One who barely knew you?
Even though he got her to safety from her "father", there is still just something very off about this. One of the ideas of him that crossed my mind is that he is very young in his mind.

That original CC was blood curdling in how BR was portrayed. There was no mention of the discussion about SLP running to friends, running to a hospital, running to LE. There was no mention of her poor dog being killed. Nothing about RP threatening to kill her, if she tried to expose his evil ways.

IMO I went from 'hmmmmm', maybe he was helping SLP, to full on anger at how that portrayal of his actions was utterly disgusting. MOO at the release of the CC was a feeling of utter dismay at SLP's distress about her situation. And now?

Now, I would like to know where the 'video too blurry' comment actually came from. Who would BR be saying that to, when he knew they had driven to St. Louis to mail all of that evidence to the FBI? That does not compute for me. IMO JMO MHO
Remember this was filed from his defense attorney picking the pieces that will try to help his client. Tomorrow you may hear the other pieces that the DA will pick to defend their charge(s) against him.

There is still more to this whole story IMO

I'm jumping ahead a bit here so I apologize if this has already been stated. According to the Criminal Complaint* LE was able to see what had occurred (the rape), clearly enough to bring charges against Rogers. The complaint in fact gives a graphic description of what was seen on the video.

So... why did Rogers insist that the video was too blurry to give to LE? This statement alone convinces me he was no Good Samaritan. That plus his hesitation to contact LE says to me that he did not intend to pass the video on to LE. So the question remains: What was his intention? I have my personal opinion which I stated in an earlier post.

He lied to LE, again, based on his statement that the video was too blurry - which it was not. But aside from that, the facts are that he broke Federal laws and so IMO the charge against him is logical. If/when he goes to trial other statements and evidence can be brought as mitigating circumstances but his current charge is right on. MOO.

*The link is somewhere in the thread and unfortunately I was only able to download it so I can't give the actual source. I'll look after I post this and if I find it I'll link to the poster who initially posted).

I agree.

There are FBI offices in WI. Why MO? Why that drive?

Remember this was filed from his defense attorney picking the pieces that will try to help his client. Tomorrow you may hear the other pieces that the DA will pick to defend their charge(s) against him.

There is still more to this whole story.
Thank you for posting this. His attorneys are vying for him, as they should.
Attorneys can be very good at putting a spin on things. imo

There is still more to this whole story.

Oh yeah. The wrangling, and the posturing. And hopefully, the clearest parts will be revealed by SLP's truest version of HER story. She made it all happen. She took that leap of faith.

I truly hope we see her win, over the actual BAD people in this.

My fish flop (stole that from I forget who :) ) (ETA: It was raja) is now BR is the hero again. Will I flop again? IMO I need to just lurk :)

Last edited:
I Hope everyone is elated to hear that in all probability she was not taken advantage of further by another man. That’s the bottom line here, that it sure seems like best case scenario happened, given the very weird circumstances. Beyond the fact that he saved her, it sure does appear that perhaps he laid the foundation for her to be able to trust again. Imagine not being able to trust anyone, having no one listen to or believe you - and then one person changes this.
I wish I could like this a million times!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OccasionalMallard