Found Safe TN - SLP, 14, Madisonville, Monroe County, 13 Jan 2019 #4 *ARRESTS*

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are several online news agencies online in Madison, but I'm thinking they would be looking at TN online news. moo on seeing what was being reported 'back home.'

Just like we were watching online. Surreal to think they were likely watching as well.
While we were not seeing evil in RP... SP was likely even more terrified because everyone appeared to be believing him.
*shudder*

Rogers' lawyer paints picture of man trying to help desperate girl
Berghahn says, in the memorandum, that the girl initially attempted to make an audio recording of what Pruitt was allegedly doing but she is unable to get him to admit to the assaults, though he can be heard referring to their “encounters.”

Berghahn does state that Pruitt can be heard saying he will no longer force himself on her if she leaves with someone else.

The memorandum says Rogers and the girl continued to discuss what was happening and she told him Pruitt had allegedly forbidden her to take birth control because he wanted to impregnate her.

Berghahn put the same email/messenger conversations in the memorandum that the FBI used in its affidavit, but he included parts the government left out, the attorney contends.

The conversations not included in the FBI affidavit contend Rogers encouraged the girl to go to the hospital and get a rape test done.

In all the excitement, did anyone kick this elephant around in the thread? If so, I cannot explain my missing this!

"Pruitt had allegedly forbidden her to take birth control because he wanted to impregnate her."

RP is beyond evil imo

In all the excitement, did anyone kick this elephant around in the thread? If so, I cannot explain my missing this!

"Pruitt had allegedly forbidden her to take birth control because he wanted to impregnate her."

RP is beyond evil imo
Let's hope his plan didn't work.
What could be worse than that at this point?

RP is beyond evil imo

I did see that but focused on the good news first.
I don't know how on earth he would have covered that up. However, it does certainly increase the odds of some DNA evidence. Not that it's really needed with the video. Her becoming pregnant would have certainly caused some questions to be asked. I wouldn't be surprised if she had a plan to ensure she wasn't pregnant once she escaped as well. She seems to have thought of everything else!

If her mother was in fact told, why is she not arrested?

Maybe she will be. Or maybe she wasn't told.
With what we learned today I am thinking S would have been too terrified to say anything after RP killed her dog. I'm not sure if S told her Mom a long time ago or not at all... but I would think she would be terrified RP would find out she told her Mom. So, I'm inclined to think maybe that was not entirely accurate. We will have to see I guess.

Looked up the meaning of abduction and kidnapping. Neither term seems to apply, IMO, for what BR did transporting SP. Both terms imply some form of violence, force, or coercion used. Unless I missed something SP seems to have willingly gone with BR.

The only condition BR had was that SP have proof of dad abusing her. And that after SP rejected BR's suggestions to go to hospital, LE, or friends.

Abduction and kidnapping both refer to his illegally removing her from the care of her adoptive father, (and of her mother.

The law feels that she should have stayed in their loving care until things were sorted out legally. I hate to be an advocate for kidnapping...however....

So Bryan has a hearing Tuesday afternoon.
RP doesn't have a hearing until MAY 13 when he will go before the grand jury... so we may not see any charges for him until then.
Does that sound correct to everyone?

No, but the arrest was announced. I'm guessing they would have seen that after he got home from work. I would have been waiting for the arrest, not confirmation they got the evidence.

Plus, to add to what you said, the couple of days just prior to the arrest announcement, we'd had many people here observing that LE seemed to have a tone that they felt didn't quite 'match' what one would think given the (apparent, at the time) situation.

Maybe it's just a fluke, or maybe there was kind of a change in tone/urgency/not committing to what was behind her absence that was being picked up because perhaps by that point LE had the tape/letter/etc. and was verifying it, etc. and preparing to put things into place, and so HAD actually maybe slightly been changing tones - while trying not to make it overly obvious to not tip RP off - and that's what was being picked up on by some.

Plus, to add to what you said, the couple of days just prior to the arrest announcement, we'd had many people here observing that LE seemed to have a tone that they felt didn't quite 'match' what one would think given the (apparent, at the time) situation.

Maybe it's just a fluke, or maybe there was kind of a change in tone/urgency/not committing to what was behind her absence that was being picked up because perhaps by that point LE had the tape/letter/etc. and was verifying it, etc. and preparing to put things into place, and so HAD actually maybe slightly been changing tones - while trying not to make it overly obvious to not tip RP off - and that's what was being picked up on by some.

Yes, either they received her package or they found the video through her email. Either way they definitely knew. Once he was arrested I think S would have reappeared that night or the next day, if they hadn't tracked her down.

Man I hope we see more happy endings. It's been very reassuring.

My understanding from one article I read (I don’t have a link and I’m headed to work so no time to look for which one), was that they found out about the rape and where she was located from her email and online activity. The officers working her case hadn’t actually received her package until after both RP and BR were arrested.

That makes me think (MOO) that when BR was arrested, they had no idea he had helped her contact the FBI and was not, in fact, just hiding her for his own sick pleasure.

At the beginning when we first learned that she was in WI with this guy I thought he had to be the worst kind of evil imaginable making a young girl submit to rape and send him the video of it! Good Lord! Who does that? But maybe he’s just raised different? Stupid when it comes to law? Idk but I did even back then say at last he got her away from her rapist stepfather! Now I hope RP is locked up forever and the other children are given as much help as S.P. to recover from the nightmare their mom lived with as a spouse. The entire family had to know especially if he killed her dog!

Remember this was filed from his defense attorney picking the pieces that will try to help his client. Tomorrow you may hear the other pieces that the DA will pick to defend their charge(s) against him.

There is still more to this whole story IMO
The one line missing from the defense filing: "At no time was there sexual contact between BDR and SP."

I expected to see that, with all the other mitigating evidence presented by his defense team. It bothers me that it wasn't stated. I will continue to keep the faith, though! Maybe his attorneys didn't want to explicitly make that statement at this point, without being positive that SP would back up his account. After all, defense attorneys are used to their clients maintaining their innocence despite evidence to the contrary.

It's good to have a hero, for once.

I agree.

There are FBI offices in WI. Why MO? Why that drive?
To be alone in the car with her reliving the original freedom run -possible? I don’t know as this does not make sense to me - why not fedex it overnight if you want to use that FBI office ? The 2 week period also bothers me - but we shall see today in court. Like others have said the document is from HIS attorney designed to paint him in the best light for the public and to force the DA to respond accordingly JMO

The whole wanting to impregnate is so bothersome to me. He wanted to control SP for life. IMO CP’s days may have been numbered. I think RP had plans for a younger “wife”.
Just speculating out loud.
What a monster.
Plus it was stated that the dogs remains were left on display at the “ farm”. Which means he murdered the dog right after moving to TN.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smokylotus