CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #42 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
If anyone is interested. This is the cell phone communication and location information from the arrest warrant affidavit between KB and PF between Nov. 22-Nov. 25.

• PF reported that he had cell phone communication with KB through Nov. 25, 2018. Investigators located messages between KB’s phone and PF’s phone between Nov. 22 - Nov. 25, 2018. Ultimately, investigators learned that much of the cell phone communication between PF and KB was a scheme developed to distraction.
  • Historical cell site analysis helps to determine the location of a cellular telephone based on cell tower antenna locations and orientation. Locations are determined by activity of the cellular telephone, and represents an approximate area, not an exact location. Different cellular carriers report this information in different formats and fashions. The
  • Nov. 22, 2018 - The analysis of the cell phone data revealed that KB and PF cellular phones connected to the same Verizon tower in WP at 12:23 p.m when KB missed a call from PF at 12:31 p.m.
  • Nov. 22, 2018 - Both KB and PF’s phones were seen by towers near Cripple Creek in the evening, traveling in the same directions and often similar distances from the cell towers hen measurements were captured by the Verizon network. This would indicate the phones were likely together.
  • Nov. 23, 2018 - both KB and PF’s phones utilized the Verizon cell tower in Florisant, along with the sector facing PF’s residence when PF’s phone called KB’s phone in the morning. Later in the day, both phones then appear to travel together from the area of PF’s residence towards the same area west of Cripple Creek and both phones had visited the prior evening before returning in the direction of PF’s residence.
  • Nov. 24, 2018 - Both KB and PF’s phones utilized the Verizon cell tower in Florisant, along with the sector facing PF’s residence when PF’s phone called KB’s phone first thing in the morning. Both phones eventually travel to same area west of Cripple Creek.
  • Nov,. 24 and or Nov. 25, 2018 - KB’s cellular phone likely traveled from CO via I 70 into Utah and I 15 through Salt Lake City into Idaho during the evening of Nov. 24 and/or the morning of Nov. 25.
  • Nov. 25, 2018 - Last activity for KB’s phone at 5:13 p.m. approximately 6.38 W/Sw from a Verizon cell tower in Gooding, Idaho. That distance placed the phone at or near Malad Gorge State Park, which is supported by additional tower measurements from Verizon in the minutes leading up to that data point.

Now that is intriguing - what if they were KB's and he took them from her???
Interesting. I actually hadn't thought of that. Its possible. Maybe she had them drawn up, showed them to him as a threat, he bullied her and took them away. She didn't follow through. Just speculation. I really want to know more about these papers.

If I am the defense attorney, i would work very very hard on what actual evidence there is to support this. MG and KK's dad's testimony alone? or is there more? Cell records aren't going to cut it.
Especially when we know when LE first contacted KK, she denied everything. I think the woman is seriously delusional.

Slater testified:
During this process, Lee also told Slater she “purposely” left blood spatter in certain places of the house, including the fireplace in the living room and the baby gate that was leaning against the wall upstairs.

“She was hoping that law enforcement would find them sooner, and she would be contacted sooner,” Slater said.

The Judge said the prelim purpose wasn't to receive testimony. So all they did was establish enough facts to keep PF locked up without bail.

But there was information revealed for the first time pertaining to Nov. 22 including the fact that PF made a call and received a call from an Idaho area code that afternoon.

And that CB received a text from KB that night stating PF had returned her gun and she had gone shooting.

JMO

Courtroom updates: Preliminary hearing for Patrick Frazee, who is accused of killing Kelsey Berreth
CB received a text from KB’s phone, not KB herself.

That was “late Thanksgiving night,” when Kelsey had likely been dead for several hours.

Returning her gun was important to his rouse, as he apparently wanted it to appear that KK had gone off and killed herself.

Last edited:
Interesting. I actually hadn't thought of that. Its possible. Maybe she had them drawn up, showed them to him as a threat, he bullied her and took them away. She didn't follow through. Just speculation. I really want to know more about these papers.
It’s what I would do if I was a single mom and involved with PF JMO

And that CB received a text from KB that night stating PF had returned her gun and she had gone shooting.
Oh, I read something other than that.
Later on the evening of Nov. 22, Cheryl says she received texts from Kelsey’s phone that she got her gun back & felt safe with Frazee.
More info on the gun: Slater says it had some sort of laser grip & Frazee took it from her around New Years Day 2017. @KOAA #KelseyBerreth

And if they were from a visit with an attorney and she met with someone that week and PF knew that might have been the trigger ? JMO

Did they ever clarify anything about the security camera that captured the images of KB and PF at the condo on 11/22? I’m very curious when they obtained that footage and why there seem to be only two images on 11/22, no more? Were they not able to obtain later dates? This puzzles me. I’m hoping they have more images just are not releasing them until trial. Would that make sense?
iirc, there were only two images captured on the neighbor's surveillance after 11/22. There was a utility worker and a friend of PF's who picked up a package. KK was never picked up on the video even though she admitted to being there.

Courtroom updates: Preliminary hearing for Patrick Frazee, who is accused of killing Kelsey Berreth

If anyone is interested. This is the cell phone communication and location information from the arrest warrant affidavit between KB and PF between Nov. 22-Nov. 25.

• PF reported that he had cell phone communication with KB through Nov. 25, 2018. Investigators located messages between KB’s phone and PF’s phone between Nov. 22 - Nov. 25, 2018. Ultimately, investigators learned that much of the cell phone communication between PF and KB was a scheme developed to distraction.
  • Historical cell site analysis helps to determine the location of a cellular telephone based on cell tower antenna locations and orientation. Locations are determined by activity of the cellular telephone, and represents an approximate area, not an exact location. Different cellular carriers report this information in different formats and fashions. The
  • Nov. 22, 2018 - The analysis of the cell phone data revealed that KB and PF cellular phones connected to the same Verizon tower in WP at 12:23 p.m when KB missed a call from PF at 12:31 p.m.
  • Nov. 22, 2018 - Both KB and PF’s phones were seen by towers near Cripple Creek in the evening, traveling in the same directions and often similar distances from the cell towers hen measurements were captured by the Verizon network. This would indicate the phones were likely together.
  • Nov. 23, 2018 - both KB and PF’s phones utilized the Verizon cell tower in Florisant, along with the sector facing PF’s residence when PF’s phone called KB’s phone in the morning. Later in the day, both phones then appear to travel together from the area of PF’s residence towards the same area west of Cripple Creek and both phones had visited the prior evening before returning in the direction of PF’s residence.
  • Nov. 24, 2018 - Both KB and PF’s phones utilized the Verizon cell tower in Florisant, along with the sector facing PF’s residence when PF’s phone called KB’s phone first thing in the morning. Both phones eventually travel to same area west of Cripple Creek.
  • Nov,. 24 and or Nov. 25, 2018 - KB’s cellular phone likely traveled from CO via I 70 into Utah and I 15 through Salt Lake City into Idaho during the evening of Nov. 24 and/or the morning of Nov. 25.
  • Nov. 25, 2018 - Last activity for KB’s phone at 5:13 p.m. approximately 6.38 W/Sw from a Verizon cell tower in Gooding, Idaho. That distance placed the phone at or near Malad Gorge State Park, which is supported by additional tower measurements from Verizon in the minutes leading up to that data point.
Thank you !!

I think he's a defense attorney that likes to make provocative statements that cast doubt about a defendant's guilt. He also made similar, hyperbolic statements indicating CW was innocent and/or they wouldn't be able to use his own statements against him.

Ah okay, thank you for pointing that out to me. I'll remove his link now

Perhaps she did meet someone else and was going to move away and he discovered this - deciding that death might as well happen during the long holiday weekend?? He does not strike me as that bright IMO
Didn't she tell her mom that she was going to dinner with him? I was under the impression that they were still together. PF could have chosen the long holiday simply to prolong the discovery and have enough time to get rid of the evidence/body. It's likely that he planned for KK to help him with that from the start. Did she know in advance about his plan? Was she supposed to be in WP on Thanksgiving?

So you're looking for the trigger that ruined his plan?
Sort of. Of course a prosecutor doesn't have to show motive, but it helps. Partly I'm looking at this as a defense attorney but also partly just trying to satisfy my own curiosity. If you plan a murder for months, why botch it this bad? He left a ton of evidence that he shouldn't have.

Oh, I read something other than that.
Later on the evening of Nov. 22, Cheryl says she received texts from Kelsey’s phone that she got her gun back & felt safe with Frazee.
More info on the gun: Slater says it had some sort of laser grip & Frazee took it from her around New Years Day 2017. @KOAA #KelseyBerreth

Late Thanksgiving night, Cheryl Berreth said she received a text message from her daughter saying that Frazee had returned her gun and she had gone shooting that night.

FOUNTAIN, Colo. - Police could be searching the Midway landfill near Fountain for several months as they work to recover the remains of Woodland Park mother Kelsey Berreth.

Investigators confirmed to ABC News that the search at the landfill would begin Tuesday morning, and they'll also be looking for other pieces of evidence in the case.

Berreth's fiance, Patrick Frazee, is accused of beating her to death with a baseball bat before burning her body. That's according to testimony from an accomplice who allegedly helped clean the crime scene and then use cell phones to try and throw police off the trail.

Berreth was last seen on Thanksgiving Day. Frazee allegedly killed her, then went to Thanksgiving Dinner before retrieving her body to burn it in Florissant. He told the accomplice that he planned to throw those remains either in a river or at a dump.

Frazee is charged with murder and several counts of solicitation to commit murder. The accomplice, Krystal Kenney, pleaded guilty to tampering with evidence.

Waste Management told ABC News that authorities contacted them about a search at the landfill back in January.

Investigators to search landfill for Kelsey Berreth's remains

Seems a monumental task after 3 months.

Yep, and that is odd. He was planning this for a long time, yet he seems to have carried it out in a very unplanned rushed way. It seems to me that something must have happened that led him to think it had to be done right then, right there. There seems to be a missing puzzle piece here. I'm 100% positive that he did it, but the reasons are not so clear.

When I just do not do not do not understand is why he kept her phone pinging with him later on the 22nd, back to his house and Cripple Creek, going back to Cripple Creek the next day excetera. I think he was planning on saying she was alive the whole time perhaps, but that would mean his whole entire family would have to lie for him?

Warning, this is just going to be a stream of consciousness comment about PF trying to paint KB as mentally unstable.

first off I will just say: gaslighting.

In MOO, he escalated to murder because (if I recall correctly) she had sought treatment for depression. For anyone familiar with abusers, gaslighting can push people to the brink of suicide/despondency. It can begin with simply moving someone’s car keys or phone, or saying “you forgot this”... And before you know it, you’re doubting every possible thing you thought, said or and did

Again, MOO, assuming she did go away for a couple weeks, away from his manipulations, I suspect, quickly realized she wasn’t losing her mind. She may have realized how abusive he was being.

I actually believe his intentions were to push her to suicide. When that didn’t work, he manipulated KK to help get rid of her.

I wonder if there might be any documentation that might show this to be true?

...and that probably made little sense! Haha
I think you're on to something. I do think he gaslighted her.

jmopinion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member