Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #11 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
What sort of sentencing would PR be looking at if found guilty?
If he changes his plea to guilty, I believe there’s a chance he could walk out with a suspended sentence or have a short amount of time left to serve. He’d be jailed if found guilty in a trial, although I’m unsure of how long for.

My co-worker (a teacher!) was found guilty of 2 counts of exposure and 4 of voyeurism which came under category 1 and he had 3 years conditional discharge and supervision and enrolment inn a sex offenders course. I haven't heard any evidence that the charges against PR are any higher than a category 3, so I wouldn't expect the sentence to even be as severe as that.

I'd also like to question why women shouldn't be drunk because they risk men attacking, assaulting or murdering them. Whilst generally men just need to avoid a punch up or falling in a river. I don't accept why women should have to have more responsibility not to be drunk than men. This is an in principle point - not questioning real world risks.
I'd file that along with the following questions:

• Why don't unicorns exist?

• Why aren't clouds made of candy floss?

• Why can't sharks just kiss people?

If he changes his plea to guilty, I believe there’s a chance he could walk out with a suspended sentence or have a short amount of time left to serve. He’d be jailed if found guilty in a trial, although I’m unsure of how long for.

Not usually. He'd have been sentenced pretty severely if he does get a custodial. I've never known these charges bring a custodial for a first set of charges, only if they're committed while on conditional discharge, on licence or under a supervision order

I do agree it sure looked like he was blowing time on purpose.

I have always wondered if maybe he saw LS before that point and maybe saw greybeard helping her and maybe was waiting to see if greybeard was going to leave her there.
I'd say he was waiting for the bike to go and the car (Mégane i think) to go. He stands up as soon as the car drives away.

Saddened coming here tonight and reading thinly veiled guise of victim blaming. Imagine if Libby’s family were to read this. I wrote a few threads back about the India Chipchase murder, intoxication and responsibility. I accept it’s a minefield but whatever state Libby was in, it absolutely was not her fault. I remember my parents lecturing me on drinking and safety at uni and for the most part I did my best to uphold this, but even to this day at thirty two depending on how tired I am, what I’ve eaten, how much I’ve danced on a night out.. one more drink (or even a different kind of drink) can mean I go from feeling fine, in control of my physical being to staggering and dropping my kebab ! So at the age of twenty one I’m sure Libby, can be forgiven for not being completely aware of her intoxication levels ! The only person to blame is the one responsible for Libby’s disappearance.
The only other thing I have to add in light of nothing new surfacing in the quest to help find Libby, is how watching a documentary recently on the golden state killer/EAR/original night stalker - it is apparent how actually an esculation from robbery ( his Visalia ransacker phase ) which contained paraphilic elements even then, progressed to rapes and eventually murder. I am by no means comparing the two, but PR’s sexually charged robberies, voyerism and flashing incidents should by no means be treated as minor in context and I absolutely agree that if it wasn’t poor Libby then it would have been another young girl that was chanced upon, sooner rather than later. Intoxicated OR not.

When did PR move to Hull? There were rumours about a flasher in york and efits that looked like him at the time he was there.

Nothing in 2018 is odd. Do the experienced posters have any ideas from previous cases why large gaps like that occur? I'm guessing prison isn't an explaination in this case

I know there is good evidence linking him to one charge.

It was stated he moved to Hull from the York area in July 2017 I understood.

They were not rumours that there was a flasher near York (Tadcaster) numerous reports and also an indecent exposure at Malton. These were both in June 2017 within a couple of days of each other. Police appeals.

We do not know there were large gaps, we only know what the police feel they are fairly sure they can prove.

If you were to check how many violent or sexual crimes each month within a half mile of any given street in a city, it would likely frighten you to death. PR if proven to be guilty, is just one person detained out of a very large problem.

I'd also like to question why women shouldn't be drunk because they risk men attacking, assaulting or murdering them. Whilst generally men just need to avoid a punch up or falling in a river. I don't accept why women should have to have more responsibility not to be drunk than men. This is an in principle point - not questioning real world risks.
Well, I didn't say that, and I don't think anyone else here has. My comments earlier were general.

I cling to that hope but it's a tiny, tiny hope and highly unlikely. But it's there. I guess that's what drew lots of us here initially.

It's very likely that Libby was abducted by PR. It's 99.999% certain she's no longer alive.

But remember that bright young woman at the very beginning of her adult life has had her whole future brutally stolen. All her adventures, dreams, hopes - all her promise gone. She deserves justice for that.

Her parents have lost their precious first born, much loved child. They must be going through hell. They need her body to bury and grieve for. They need answers. They need closure. They need justice for her and them.

The police have a dangerous man in custody and only charges for so called minor crimes against him. If realeased I'm sure he'll kill again. So they need as much hard forensic and other evidence to lock him up.

So I guess that's why I'm staying here. Cos every discussion and kicking about of ideas keeps Libby in everyones mind. So if something crops up it'll be noticed and any seemingly trivial thing could trigger something important in someones mind that might help.
Totally agree with what you have said. And I too am desperately hoping she is still alive somewhere and dreading really the day when her body is found but also wanting closure for her family which could only happen if her body is found. I just find this such a sad case and can't help thinking that it could have so easily been my own daughter on a night out when she was living in Wellesley Avenue. It really has saddened me like you said all that life and potential gone. Justice for Libby is so important and to make sure no other person suffers at the hands of whoever did this (probably Pr)

Saddened coming here tonight and reading thinly veiled guise of victim blaming. Imagine if Libby’s family were to read this. I wrote a few threads back about the India Chipchase murder, intoxication and responsibility. I accept it’s a minefield but whatever state Libby was in, it absolutely was not her fault. I remember my parents lecturing me on drinking and safety at uni and for the most part I did my best to uphold this, but even to this day at thirty two depending on how tired I am, what I’ve eaten, how much I’ve danced on a night out.. one more drink (or even a different kind of drink) can mean I go from feeling fine, in control of my physical being to staggering and dropping my kebab ! So at the age of twenty one I’m sure Libby, can be forgiven for not being completely aware of her intoxication levels ! The only person to blame is the one responsible for Libby’s disappearance.
The only other thing I have to add in light of nothing new surfacing in the quest to help find Libby, is how watching a documentary recently on the golden state killer/EAR/original night stalker - it is apparent how actually an esculation from robbery ( his Visalia ransacker phase ) which contained paraphilic elements even then, progressed to rapes and eventually murder. I am by no means comparing the two, but PR’s sexually charged robberies, voyerism and flashing incidents should by no means be treated as minor in context and I absolutely agree that if it wasn’t poor Libby then it would have been another young girl that was chanced upon, sooner rather than later. Intoxicated OR not.

Really well said.

The comments I made about people getting drunk were GENERAL. I'm getting tired of being misquoted and misconstrued. Please stop.
I suspect that some of the people who have piled in haven't actually paid attention to what I wrote, which was nothing but plain common sense.

It was stated he moved to Hull from the York area in July 2017 I understood.

They were not rumours that there was a flasher near York (Tadcaster) numerous reports and also an indecent exposure at Malton. These were both in June 2017 within a couple of days of each other. Police appeals.

We do not know there were large gaps, we only know what the police feel they are fairly sure they can prove.

If you were to check how many violent or sexual crimes each month within a half mile of any given street in a city, it would likely frighten you to death. PR if proven to be guilty, is just one person detained out of a very large problem.
I posted a while ago to possibly look at the description of an attacker in Hull end of 2017. Might be of interest or explain why an offender may lay low for a while.

The short answer is not much. If he remains on remand until trial he could well have served more time than would be given as a sentence.

The long answer is that it completely depends on his cooperation and attitude. If the evidence against him is undeniable then his best option would be to plead guilty and cooperate with psychiatric evaluation. The type of paraphilia that he is charged with is almost always triggered by childhood trauma. If this can be identified and a treatment plan proposed then a custodial sentence is extremely unlikely. The burglary is at the very mild end of the scale, a mild slap on the wrist is the most likely punishment.

... sexually charged robberies, voyerism and flashing incidents should by no means be treated as minor in context and I absolutely agree that if it wasn’t poor Libby then it would have been another young girl that was chanced upon, sooner rather than later. Intoxicated OR not.
I completely agree. But I just don't know how the criminal justice system can deal with people who are found guilty of crimes which could be indicators of way more serious crimes to come.

I completely agree. But I just don't know how the criminal justice system can deal with people who are found guilty of crimes which could be indicators of way more serious crimes to come.
Flashers escalating to more serious crime is a very very very rare phenomenon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
therealdrreid