Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #91

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re BG’s gait

Remember this bridge is old, rickety and 63 FEET ABOVE THE RIVER! With no railings! I’m trying to find how wide it is, I recall 6’ or 8’, but that is a very intimidating trek across. If he has any type of disability, prosthetic, injury I just can’t see him even attempting to cross it, especially as fast as we think he was moving. Moo

At 63-feet, the bridge is believed to be Indiana’s second tallest bridge.

A 360 tour of the Monon High Bridge
I highly doubt the amputee theory, you can see that his ankle torques when he starts to kinda turn toward the girls or so it appears. He walks like every other 40+ male in the world to me.

Hi All,

I’m from Australia, it just so happens I’m in Law enforcement and have experience with the Policing side of Homicides.

I can across this case from a podcast a few weeks ago, since then I’ve followed along to see how it progresses.

I’ve read a lot of responses from contributors on this thread. Fortunately I can clear a few things up, but unfortunately most of the cyber detectives are over analysing. :)

Remember this, ‘finding’ out who did this crime is half the process. The main process is ensuring a criminal conviction for police.

Therefore, the general public and even the victims families ARE NOT entitled or should be presented with evidence or possible suspects under any circumstances.

All evidence released, including sketches, audio, video, and in this case car siting, is to be done with a specific outcome in mind. e.g produce leads, further evidence, new suspects etc.

I saw people post, “why not release all the audio?”

Well... why, it obviously won’t help produce new leads. And/or the remaining audio evidence could taint jury if released. I understand you want to here and see the evidence, but bluntly, you have no right and all general public are to be treated as possible suspects/witnesses. Remember you aren’t trained investigators.

Finally, I watched the press conference and found it fascinating.

The press conference was directly aimed at speaking to the killer. My guess would be they have a short list of suspects or may even know 98% who it is.

Everything said in that press con was scripted by a FBI Profiler. It is designed to agitate and provoke the killer in to acting differently or saying something to someone that makes them stand out.

I’d also guess they may even have suspects under physical surveillance or recording devices.

Remember again, ITS ALL ABOUT THE CONVICTION. So they may only need some final concrete pieces of evidence.

That would fit in perfectly with the fact it was only 7 weeks ago they had the anniversary press con.

It’s sounds to me like things are very close.

- new audio, need another witness to come forward after recognise.
- new video, same reason as above.
- press con, push killer to say something on phone or start acting erratic, people notice.
- car siting, May need another witness to place killer in car earlier or leaving car. DNA.

My guess is that it was a random event, killer was probably driving past and saw them. Car won’t be registered so that is the reason it can’t be traced back to him and he dumped it. Killers act on impulse, very rare they plan.

Hopefully that helps! Be confident in the police, they are the experts. Let them do their jobs. Time to celebrate will be after the court hearings.

Thanks from Aus!
Thank you! Do you think the killer could be someone that they know/not random? Can you speak to the theories of the handicapped leg? I disagree 100% about his leg. I feel he is very healthy/agile,

Been going through the thread this morning and can't help but still believe that the PC was nothing more than a bluff tactic. It upsets me that for 2 years we've burned a sketch into our collective brain that now we're supposed to disregard and look for the guy in the new sketch (oh and it's a sketch they've had for 2 years). A couple more seconds of video and audio is all they gave us.

Oh and don't forget, they are asking for the public's help in locating the driver of a vehicle (but won't even give the public a description of the vehicle). How are we supposed to do anything with this? You know, there is such a thing as withholding TOO much information, and this is it! Yes, I get it, there are disturbing things on the video/audio, but they're not giving us hardly ANYthing to go on.

I don't believe the guy was "in this room now" and I don't believe they know who did this any more than they did on Day One. Sorry. MOO.

Hi
MOO about the public being provided no vehicle details at the PC.
I believe they have a basic description of the vehicle and need more witnesses to detail their timeline.
They may only know a possible "a blue truck" was seen parked there- but obviously they can't ask the public "did you see a blue truck parked on 2/13/17
etc. etc.?

MOO again.
I think the police have learned how to ask for information without getting an overload
back due to the internet.
I think it's hopeful about the vehicle, they haven't asked about it before that I remember.

MOO This crime will most likely be solved by someone who is close to killer in come way, or was close to them physically that day and finally calls in - so its in those hands and hearts.
Carter will continue to remind them of the horror and immorality of the crime, and appeal to them to do the right thing.

I do think it’s quite possible that this guy was under the influence of drugs or alcohol.

It isn’t based on the video though.

I think he’s a disorganized type of offender, not in all aspects, but on the whole. Many killers like this, especially serial killers, are substance abusers.

I think this was a crime of opportunity, although he may have seen the girls before.

I think that any female he came across out there, would have been at risk. I do believe he came prepared, and probably had come prepared in the past.

I think he lacks the ability to use his brain in order to acquire his victims, and chose to use force on two girls who were as vulnerable as they get.

When this guy is identified, I believe he’s going to be of average or below average intelligence, with a history of petty crimes and drug offenses.

This guy isn’t some criminal mastermind, he just got very lucky.
I agree. I think he most likely has a knife and not a gun. I am leaning towards a person transient in nature. Once again, I notice that Lafayette does not have homeless. There are two ways out of Lafayette into the country. US 26 and US 25. US 25 goes to Delphi. Just a few miles off highway 65. It would be a very likely place for transients to go sleep at night . Lafayette has big drug problems. The police are not friendly in Lafayette. I got stopped for a traffic violation. The road and signage was weird. I didn't stop completely before turning right. The officer actually asked me what I was doing in town. It was stupid. I played the nurse card and got out of the ticket. Then I called my attorney and let him know. It was a weird question to ask. If this guy truly is transient, or the people he runs with, they are not going to come forward. I do believe there are people around him that suspect him. But they are not going to trust LE.

Hi
MOO about the public being provided no vehicle details at the PC.
I believe they have a basic description of the vehicle and need more witnesses to detail their timeline.
They may only know a possible "a blue truck" was seen parked there- but obviously they can't ask the public "did you see a blue truck parked on 2/13/17
etc. etc.?

MOO again.
I think the police have learned how to ask for information without getting an overload
back due to the internet.
I think it's hopeful about the vehicle, they haven't asked about it before that I remember.

MOO This crime will most likely be solved by someone who is close to killer in come way, or was close to them physically that day and finally calls in - so its in those hands and hearts.
Carter will continue to remind them of the horror and immorality of the crime, and appeal to them to do the right thing.

BBM
But why? Why not ask if anyone saw a XYZ vehicle? Someone may remember it if their memory is accurately jogged where they might otherwise not.

I’ve read a lot of responses from contributors on this thread. Fortunately I can clear a few things up, but unfortunately most of the cyber detectives are over analysing. :)[/]

That is true indeed.

I saw people post, “why not release all the audio?”

Well... why, it obviously won’t help produce new leads.

Why is that obvious ? You are right that releasing the entire audio might be harmful for the investigation/trial but more information (= more audio) generally tends to be helpful.

Remember you aren’t trained investigators.

How do you know this ? I am a criminologist for example, maybe some people here ARE trained investigators, even if not, I have seen a fair amount of less qualified "trained" investigators and some talented amateurs.

Everything said in that press con was scripted by a FBI Profiler. It is designed to agitate and provoke the killer in to acting differently or saying something to someone that makes them stand out.

You conclude that based on what ? There is no general rule that the single purpose of a press conference is to provoke the killer/use it for strategic means. Of course the mindset and reactions of the pertetrator are always factored in but in quite a number of cases the press conference does not explicitly target the culprit. My guess is too, that this press conference had some strategic elements, yet it is only a speculation, as is your interpretation.

My guess is that it was a random event, killer was probably driving past and saw them. Car won’t be registered so that is the reason it can’t be traced back to him and he dumped it. Killers act on impulse, very rare they plan.

So you base this speculation solely on the general statistics of violent crimes ?

Be confident in the police, they are the experts. Let them do their jobs

What is that supposed to mean ? It sounds like the classical appeal to authority, one of the notorious logical fallacies. Of course one should not interfere with the police and yes "hobby detectives" produce a lot of nonsense yet it doesn't hurt unless it is a real interference. And sometimes it even helps.

You might be well meaning yet I dislike the tone of disdain that shines through some of your sentences.

Peace :)

If the same person drew both sketches, that could explain why some people think they resemble each other...which I am not seeing. Could also make the images “iffy” imo if the artist has a certain style.

I actually have tears in my eyes. Wearing headphones, the second clip- between guys and down the hill, I swear I hear a high pitched/ girls voice screaming "oh my goooodd! Nooo!" And now I cant unhear it. I hear it every time it replays and it is making me cringe and my eyes tear up.
I heard a scream as well!

I highly doubt the amputee theory, you can see that his ankle torques when he starts to kinda turn toward the girls or so it appears. He walks like every other 40+ male in the world to me.

I think he’s younger, his husky build indicating he is athletic. I think he walked as anyone walking a nearly condemned bridge would. Jmo
I do wonder about a small town crime beat reporter, traveling locally to collect news for the local papers.
He might be considered to have knowledge. Surely every reporter asks LE the direction of the investigation, any new info to report, etc. jmo

I agree. I think he most likely has a knife and not a gun. I am leaning towards a person transient in nature. Once again, I notice that Lafayette does not have homeless. There are two ways out of Lafayette into the country. US 26 and US 25. US 25 goes to Delphi. Just a few miles off highway 65. It would be a very likely place for transients to go sleep at night . Lafayette has big drug problems. The police are not friendly in Lafayette. I got stopped for a traffic violation. The road and signage was weird. I didn't stop completely before turning right. The officer actually asked me what I was doing in town. It was stupid. I played the nurse card and got out of the ticket. Then I called my attorney and let him know. It was a weird question to ask. If this guy truly is transient, or the people he runs with, they are not going to come forward. I do believe there are people around him that suspect him. But they are not going to trust LE.
I don't think transient at all, though I understand there are transient people and they often frequent parks.

BG, however, has been described as young looking. People living on the edge often look older than their years, not younger. BG doesn't dress particularly well, but he doesn't look like someone who has slept out in the elements or is moving from couch to couch.

LE spoke on Monday as if this person has connections to the town, not someone living a transient or homeless life. Of course, it's possible the guy is a drifter, but I think they are looking for someone completely "mainstream."

Of course, I've been wrong many times! (I was rather convinced BG was BT from St. Louis!)

jmo

New direction...

Was BG somehow confident no more details would be released? I still think he’s involved in the investigation and knows more than the general public. Article from 2/1/19

Halfway Across: The Delphi Murders

“We’re always working new leads,” he says, dismissing the idea that the investigation has gone dormant.

That work has involved a tight-lipped approach, though. On Libby’s cellphone, a video and additional audio exist but haven’t been shared, despite the prolonged period without an arrest.

We continually evaluate that,” Riley says when asked about the possibility of releasing more evidence from the phone. “We talk about it once or twice a week. But at this point in time, no, we won’t be releasing more. We don’t want to put all of our cards on the table.”

I think the notion of them knowing at least the guy on the bridge is heavy speculation; the girls don't turn to him, he barely turns and looks at the girls. This guy is a stranger to them. You can hear the tone of his voice is how someone would talk to a stranger; even kinda sounds like how a Cop talks to me, starts out deep and goes higher; this could be due to the fact he is nervous.

Two years into this horror, I have to wonder if he’s not been found because of the image — and now video. Naturally we would assume that of course it is easy to identify the perpetrator since we have this grainy image illustrating generalities. But stop to think how often we misjudge a person based on clothing or their general presentation of themselves. And of course I am thinking of those pleasant surprises in life, when a bit downtrodden looking soul is found to be well traveled, well read, or just an interesting, insightful soul we are glad we encountered.

By seeing these images, we immediately assign attributes that may be entirely off base. Our perceptions are skewed, and imagination limited. These are my coffee thoughts this morning, and thank you for all of yours.

I think the long angular jaw and chin plus his hair really stands out.

The first sketch looked like it could fit several men in general, but the last one I think stands out much more, and would be more specific to someone having this particular facial features.

Imo
It’s coming. Carter is this mad because this person is known and he betrayed many people. Sadly, as I will keep saying, more pain is coming for the families. And now I believe they continually said “little girls” (about 7 times in PC) because he is probably a dad to someone.

Yep. And memories are fading fast after 2 years, folks. Have no idea why they are sitting on ANY pertinent info at this point.

They might not know what kind of vehicle. (Read my theory I posted within the last hour)

BBM
But why? Why not ask if anyone saw a XYZ vehicle? Someone may remember it if their memory is accurately jogged where they might otherwise not.

False memory is what I'm guessing. They need an independent witness who hasn't been prompted.

As an example, in no way do I say this is a rude or judgmental way, but our "witnesses" here are suddenly hearing the girl's voices on the audio. Some of us witnesses aren't hearing a thing. It was stated innocently, I'm 100% sure. But the seed is planted. Same with the car. It's a great illustration.

BBM
IMO, it's to weed out false tips.

If someone says, "I saw a red convertible at that location," but the vehicle was a Mack truck, then the cops know to dismiss the tip or at least put it as low priority.

That's my guess from my armchair. :)

jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members