Found Deceased IL - Andrew Freund, 5, Crystal Lake, 17 April 2019 *Arrests* - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Again, could they have not dropped him at the nearby gas station, you know, the one they frequented to buy treats & searched for him?
Watch them say AJ was beating or hitting the younger brother. Perhaps that’s why parents wanted custody back so they could rehearse a story with him what to tell police happened to AJ. Perhaps LE has already talked to the younger brother.

You can bet both will plead not guilty hoping to have mitigating factors like being under the influence to contribute to their anger. We saw this with Rachelle Bond and BF Michael McCarthy in Bella Bond murder.

I’m sure AJ being born with opiates in his little body and being in foster 2 years did struggle and could have been somewhat difficult to handle at times so what? You don’t spank or beat on your kids. If your too busy druggin it up and getting mad easily why not give him back to Foster or have a family member adopt him? I’m sure he was much happier in Foster care. Why continually beat on him until you kill him?

I’m glad these child killers are both charged that way one can’t have visitation with the other one and no chance of one of these losers to regain custody of the younger boy.

You do know that no Child Welfare Caseworker has the ability to enter someone's home if the parent refuses access. If the law enforcement officers that found the deplorable home didn't immediately remove the children from an unsanitary condition because they had no legal grounds to do so how was a Caseworker armed with only a badge supposed to do it?

The only recourse for child welfare caseworkers is to file for a court hearing which might or might not get approved by the ADA based on the limited first hand knowledge and if approved then a Judge would have to order the parents to grant the caseworker access. If the parents still refuse access the caseworker would have to file again and go back before the Judge to have the parents held in contempt of court which I have never seen in my 12 years working for my state's child welfare system.

In my state - Literally if a parent says you can't interview the child then you are not allowed to talk to the child without a court order. If a parent says you can't enter the home then you are not allowed to enter the home. Most caseworkers work copious amounts of overtime trying to do the best they can for the kids they get assigned - unfortunately the legal system ties their hands in my cases. To say that this child's death is on that caseworker's hands is just a devastating blow to a caseworker who is probably already trying to deal with the grief and guilt they feel because somehow the broken system they work for couldn't save this kid. They bear that responsibility and blame themselves for the wording in their affidavit not being strong enough or their voice cracking on the stand under pressure from the defense attorney or not pushing harder to get in that house the first time they saw the family, etc. No one becomes a caseworker because they want to sit by and watch children die while barely making enough to keep their own family afloat.

This child died because his parents were too drugged up to not physically abuse him and dump him in a shallow grave. The child welfare caseworker did not murder this child.
First I want to say that my prediction being right about this case (2nd in a row) is very sickening and infuriating to me.
I spent many years working with DCFS workers and Foster Care agencies in IL in ways that I won't disclose. I fully agree with you that the vast majority of caseworkers are compassionate people who want to do the best thing for the child. But the SYSTEM they operate in doesn't really work that way. First of all, it's a constant battle of Parental rights vs. Government - that's a tough one. Next, If you can get a child removed where do you put them? Good Foster homes are SERIOUSLY lacking as is the support and follow up systems to help Foster Children get over their past and grow up great. This is evidenced by the fact that 2/3 of all Prison inmates in the USA have been in Foster Care! So what is worse? Is it what their parents did before they went into Foster Care? Is it the Foster homes and Foster Parents? Is it that the children just don't get the treatment they need to recover? And there are SO MANY! Why does our society and our country produce so many horrific people? 2017, 40,000 gun deaths in the USA, 2/3 of them "Suicide" Why? What is going on??? Too many people are living in hell and cultivate a living hell for children. And those children should they survive, often grow up to perpetuate this hell! Just like genetic traits, Social Workers sometimes use maps that track drug addictions like heroin, Criminal activity, Prison incarcerations, etc... It's incredible how having it in a family is passed on like brown eyes or auburn hair. It's the most gut wrenching and complex kind of work that I can think of... Some of the people that do it get a bit thick skinned, like LE can get jaded by seeing the raw underbelly of human nature day in and day out. They know that children sometimes can play the system too to wield power (which is certainly the least of it). So for many years I thought about how to solve these issues. There really needs to be a much better system put into place. When people have done something illegal while having children in the home and especially if they have done anything to their children (including neglect) they should immediately lose any normal legal rights. At the same time, the kind of scrutiny they receive must be much more invasive for much longer periods of time. The parents must be required to be in programs that are extremely extensive in changing ALL of their behavior, not just a monthly visit where everyone pretends things are fine. We need a system that creates TRAINED and highly effective Foster Parents. AND those people need to be monitored very closely as well. All of that costs money. Who will pay? That's a good question. But consider who pays now? What is the societal cost for not doing this? 2 Million people in the USA is in jail or prison at any given time, and 6 Million people have been in Prison. And 2/3 of them where in homes so bad they were in Foster Care. That's a staggering number. Our Schools and communities should be the forefront of prevention. Large cities like Chicago just can't possibly keep up with the horrific things people are doing to their children. I have read case files that are beyond comprehension. I'm serious, someone might get PTSD just from reading what people do to their children on a regular basis. It's beyond the horror of any film out there or any Stephen King novel, and the worst thing is that its REAL. The cost to society is very high for not dramatically addressing the root causes of this. We literally create millions upon millions of extremely dangerous people, people who have very little to live for and who have no reason to play by the rules. By not taking these problems on head-on, we are setting these children up to become as bad or worse than their parents and are also setting them loose on ourselves, our children, our elderly. The DCFS Caseworkers DO need to push harder against the parents and the courts. But not just to remove children from the home, to actually FIX the problem. State Legislatures need to ACT to solve the problem, not just throw money at organizations that spend their time billing the state for caseworker visits (That can easily become a racket that accomplishes very little). Money must be allocated to Educate, Treat, Counsel, Heavily Monitor, Create a legion of extremely good Foster Parents (not parasites that are there to collect the payment for taking in Foster Children, or use the opportunity to themselves abuse the children!) At the same time, what is wrong with the laws and courts where people can be caught time and time again and they don't ever change? If you are an opiate addict, you lose your children, Period! If you are are an alcoholic, you lose your children! If you commit felonies, you lose your children! PREVENTION is the key and what we are doing ISNT WORKING! As for these parents, I have no compassion for them. To me, these are the lowest forms of humanity that exist. They are beyond any repair or value to humanity. They should never see the light of day. In my view, lethal injection would be fine for this pair. It doesn't fix the problem and it won't bring him back. But resources should be spent on preventing people like this from being created in the first place. We need to hit that HARD! Caseworkers do play a role, but every person in this country that doesn't push hard for prevention has the blood on their hands. Personally, I'm not religious and I can't say religion is the answer, but I wouldn't necessarily exclude secular or religious organizations from being part of the prevention. I think some religions are cults in disguise, but that's yet another subject. This problem is so huge it's going to take everyone to change things. NO FREEDOM for people who can't take care of their children properly or humanely. And the bar for that is really really low... dropping below that bar and you have no business being allowed around children at all.

Just a lot a lot of he/LE and the neighbors said...and the mother knowing what lies to tell, cleaning house before CPS showed up, etc. AJs father was an attorney, the parents knew how to get around the CPS system.

Everything failed for poor AJ.

Just one video...

Very well said. The father's legal knowledge undoubtably made the job of caseworkers that much harder. He might of even been able to explain away a potential police video as showing a fluke day and not part of a documented pattern.

Craniocerebral trauma....
So, they gave him violent blows to the head. I don't wish to know how long he suffered that night before he died.

They admitted to the cold shower and to hitting Andrew, but they are also confirmed liars, and child abusers never admit the whole truth. I'm sure even more happened that night than what the "parents" have admitted to :(:mad:

JMO, I think they did this in the shower to get rid and contain the blood. Once the heart stops beating, blood flow stops. Easy clean up. This was premeditated, in my opinion.

Craniocerebral trauma....
So, they gave him violent blows to the head. I don't wish to know how long he suffered that night before he died.

They admitted to the cold shower and to hitting Andrew, but they are also confirmed liars, and child abusers never admit the whole truth. I'm sure even more happened that night than what the "parents" have admitted to :(:mad:

I'm trying to understand the charges. Some of the listed charges for both of them are the same. So did they both put him in the shower and beat him, or is she charged because she allowed/witnessed it happen?

Somewhere in the early reporting, was there a story that dad terrorized the family when walking around in a uniform?

Yes, this occurred with the oldest son, now in custody of his grandmother. According to the grandmother's custody battle detailed reports, Andrew Sr. walked around the house in a military outfit with a gun in his hand. Again, given that he did this 5 years ago, it's likely he continued to do this around AJ and his little brother.

Here is a link to the allegations which were proven in a court of law to be valid, again giving the grandmother a custody win over AJ's older brother in 2013: Documents: 2013 complaint against parents of missing Crystal Lake boy | Northwest Herald

There are 4 pages, so make sure you keep scrolling down.

First I want to say that my prediction being right about this case (2nd in a row) is very sickening and infuriating to me.
I spent many years working with DCFS workers and Foster Care agencies in IL in ways that I won't disclose. I fully agree with you that the vast majority of caseworkers are compassionate people who want to do the best thing for the child. But the SYSTEM they operate in doesn't really work that way. First of all, it's a constant battle of Parental rights vs. Government - that's a tough one. Next, If you can get a child removed where do you put them? Good Foster homes are SERIOUSLY lacking as is the support and follow up systems to help Foster Children get over their past and grow up great. This is evidenced by the fact that 2/3 of all Prison inmates in the USA have been in Foster Care! So what is worse? Is it what their parents did before they went into Foster Care? Is it the Foster homes and Foster Parents? Is it that the children just don't get the treatment they need to recover? And there are SO MANY! Why does our society and our country produce so many horrific people? 2017, 40,000 gun deaths in the USA, 2/3 of them "Suicide" Why? What is going on??? Too many people are living in hell and cultivate a living hell for children. And those children should they survive, often grow up to perpetuate this hell! Just like genetic traits, Social Workers sometimes use maps that track drug addictions like heroin, Criminal activity, Prison incarcerations, etc... It's incredible how having it in a family is passed on like brown eyes or auburn hair. It's the most gut wrenching and complex kind of work that I can think of... Some of the people that do it get a bit thick skinned, like LE can get jaded by seeing the raw underbelly of human nature day in and day out. They know that children sometimes can play the system too to wield power (which is certainly the least of it). So for many years I thought about how to solve these issues. There really needs to be a much better system put into place. When people have done something illegal while having children in the home and especially if they have done anything to their children (including neglect) they should immediately lose any normal legal rights. At the same time, the kind of scrutiny they receive must be much more invasive for much longer periods of time. The parents must be required to be in programs that are extremely extensive in changing ALL of their behavior, not just a monthly visit where everyone pretends things are fine. We need a system that creates TRAINED and highly effective Foster Parents. AND those people need to be monitored very closely as well. All of that costs money. Who will pay? That's a good question. But consider who pays now? What is the societal cost for not doing this? 2 Million people in the USA is in jail or prison at any given time, and 6 Million people have been in Prison. And 2/3 of them where in homes so bad they were in Foster Care. That's a staggering number. Our Schools and communities should be the forefront of prevention. Large cities like Chicago just can't possibly keep up with the horrific things people are doing to their children. I have read case files that are beyond comprehension. I'm serious, someone might get PTSD just from reading what people do to their children on a regular basis. It's beyond the horror of any film out there or any Stephen King novel, and the worst thing is that its REAL. The cost to society is very high for not dramatically addressing the root causes of this. We literally create millions upon millions of extremely dangerous people, people who have very little to live for and who have no reason to play by the rules. By not taking these problems on head-on, we are setting these children up to become as bad or worse than their parents and are also setting them loose on ourselves, our children, our elderly. The DCFS Caseworkers DO need to push harder against the parents and the courts. But not just to remove children from the home, to actually FIX the problem. State Legislatures need to ACT to solve the problem, not just throw money at organizations that spend their time billing the state for caseworker visits (That can easily become a racket that accomplishes very little). Money must be allocated to Educate, Treat, Counsel, Heavily Monitor, Create a legion of extremely good Foster Parents (not parasites that are there to collect the payment for taking in Foster Children, or use the opportunity to themselves abuse the children!) At the same time, what is wrong with the laws and courts where people can be caught time and time again and they don't ever change? If you are an opiate addict, you lose your children, Period! If you are are an alcoholic, you lose your children! If you commit felonies, you lose your children! PREVENTION is the key and what we are doing ISNT WORKING! As for these parents, I have no compassion for them. To me, these are the lowest forms of humanity that exist. They are beyond any repair or value to humanity. They should never see the light of day. In my view, lethal injection would be fine for this pair. It doesn't fix the problem and it won't bring him back. But resources should be spent on preventing people like this from being created in the first place. We need to hit that HARD! Caseworkers do play a role, but every person in this country that doesn't push hard for prevention has the blood on their hands. Personally, I'm not religious and I can't say religion is the answer, but I wouldn't necessarily exclude secular or religious organizations from being part of the prevention. I think some religions are cults in disguise, but that's yet another subject. This problem is so huge it's going to take everyone to change things. NO FREEDOM for people who can't take care of their children properly or humanely. And the bar for that is really really low... dropping below that bar and you have no business being allowed around children at all.

Excellent post. Drastic changes are needed and the entire nation needs to start demanding changes. It can’t happen soon enough.

This is going to sound an awful lot worse than I mean it too, but.... I was thinking, wouldn’t it be easier for the baby to go through withdrawal in utero without all the stimulus of the lights and noice of a NICU?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member