Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #101

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have talked very little about something that's nagging me. "Authorities say he is between 18 and 40, but said he may appear younger than he is." Why call that out? That last qualifier speaks volumes IMO. That's a very, very specific qualifier. Again, this is all MOO but they aren't referring to someone who is 39 but looks 35 or someone who is 25 and looks 20. The average person would not even notice a few years age difference. They are referring to someone who looks noticeably and obviously much younger. LE hasn't used the word "much." That word is my interpretation only. So if he's 39, he may look closer to 29. If he's 29, he may look closer to 19.
I believe the exact quote from Carter during the presser was:
“But might appear younger than his (its ?) true age.”

Maybe I’m the only one, but after reading that several times, I thought to myself where do we hear this phrase so often (someone “appearing” younger than their true age?)

Online predators often portray themselves as younger than their “true age.”

I know. I know. Allegedly, LE and the family has made statements that an online predator targeting Libby and Abby has been ruled out.

But I still do wonder about Carter’s
“But might appear younger than his true age” comment. If they don’t know who BG is, then what would indicate that he appears younger than his true age? It’s a puzzle to me. But I’m probably reading into it, simply because I am lacking information that LE hopefully has. MOO

Edited to make myself sound less crazy than I appear. :p

Last edited:
No, LE has not released interviews nor any documents related to the investigation. I can also understand why other people are not speaking to the media about this case, other than the family members who have done so. RL is a good example. Rumours and speculation seem to erupt like wildfire and I’m certain it has touched almost every member of the community in one way or another by now.

But early on I vaguely recall LE stating that everyone on the trail had came forward except the man Libby videoed on the bridge, which was why he became the prime suspect.

Thank you for this information. I have only been following since the recent PC although I was aware of the basic details.

I’m guessing that perhaps the people who do not see the gun do not have experience with firearms or have never owned a gun. I would BET MY LIFE that’s a gun.

I have over 30 years experience with firearms and I do not see a gun. I also wear my Vedder holster holding my M&P Shield in shorts and a t-shirt and doesn't print at all.

In MOO, while you might be accurate in a gun being present and its placement, if you can see it in a grainy picture means that dude was printing to high heavens for everyone around to see.

Question re: the gun:

How likely would it be for a person (with no criminal intent) to carry a gun or knife to the Monon High Bridge Trails? To me these trails don't seem to be heavily forested enough to require protection from animals, nor does it seem like it would be safe to hunt so close to where people are walking...so just wondering if if it would be normal to pack a gun when out walking the bridge, or a sign of premeditated criminal behaviour.

I don’t for a second, believe that this guy was concerned about self protection.

He was hunting.

He may not have decided on a particular victim, but this was premeditated none-the-less.

How likely would it be for a person (with no criminal intent) to carry a gun or knife to the Monon High Bridge Trails? To me these trails don't seem to be heavily forested enough to require protection from animals, nor does it seem like it would be safe to hunt so close to where people are walking...so just wondering if if it would be normal to pack a gun when out walking the bridge, or a sign of premeditated criminal behaviour.
I'm not a creepy predator but I always carry a gun when I go out on trails. I know a lot of people who do the same. I'm close to Delphi and we are also on an extension of the Monon railroad which now is trails.

Guess I watch too many crime shows. Always seems like there is women walking or jogging in the woods and are attacked by some lunatic waiting behind some trees!!!!!!!

There are lots of gun carrying people who do not have criminal intent but do so to protect against random acts of violence for themselves and those around them. These circumstances cannot be predicted so they carry every day every place.
My husband is one of those people, he would definitely have his gun on a safe small town trail. But he carries it holstered so it remains secure and he would have no need to take it out and put it in a jacket pocket going over a rickety bridge behind 2 little girls. (I'm giggling at the thought of him balking at the thought of walking on that). No, I think having a gun is normal but carrying it like that indicates criminal intent. If that is what it looks like to me and others.

I'm curious if you know what they call it when it bridges these age groups of pedophilia into hebephilia? Do they stop being a pedophile?

I think it’s more of a preference. I feel they are all the same just different tastes.

I’m still holding strong on my thought that they have finally combed through the cell pings in that area and one persons isn’t matching their story. How close are the cell towers here? Fairly remote and spaced apart? I would think it would be an excellent way to see what phones were there that day.

I have over 30 years experience with firearms and I do not see a gun. I also wear my Vedder holster holding my M&P Shield in shorts and a t-shirt and doesn't print at all.

In MOO, while you might be accurate in a gun being present and its placement, if you can see it in a grainy picture means that dude was printing to high heavens for everyone around to see.
I don't have 30 years (20 years for me), but that states it about as well as I could.

I believe the exact quote from Carter during the presser was:
“But might appear younger than his (its ?) true age”.

Maybe I’m the only one, but after reading that several times, I thought to myself where do we hear this phrase so often (someone “appearing” younger than their true age?)

Online predators often portray themselves as younger than their “true age.”

I know. I know. Allegedly, LE and the family has made statements that an online predator targeting Libby and Abby has been ruled out.

But personally, I still do wonder. And I think my next thought was way too “movie-like”... and that is for a second, I considered that the “new sketch” is a rendering of the online profile picture of BG making him appear younger than he is. And that that profile was deleted immediately before or just after their murder.

WAIT! Before you jump all over me, I KNOW that is fantasy thinking. I’ve tried really hard not to even share that thought here. I blame @Wells for bringing this “younger than his true age” subject up. Lol

But I still do wonder about Carter’s
“But might appear younger than his true age” comment. If they don’t know who BG is, then what would indicate that he appears younger than his true age? It’s a puzzle to me. MOO
Well, we don't know why that was said. But, LE surely does, likely due to evidence that they have.

For example, if the evidence they have suggests that he earned the trust of the girls, and that they followed him willingly, LE might have concluded that they were comfortable due to BG appearing to be closer their own age, as opposed to an older adult. Just an off the top of my head example of a possibility.

I’ve read that the satellite image can be searched by date, has anyone already done this for that old CPS parking lot on Feb. 13th, 2017?
I just tried but I'm on my iPad and am not getting anywhere.

I don’t know if it’s retrievable by the general public but considering NASA’s assistance was already mentioned by LE in clarifying Libby’s video, I’d be really surprised if satellite “eye in the sky” imagery wasn’t sought as well.

I’m thinking the material of the jacket, nylon perhaps, lends itself to showing an a impressionable outline. I don’t have a blue one, but I do have a pink nylon windbreaker-type jacket here, let me try an experiment lol, brb. :)
(Not using a gun btw so don’t worry haha....hmmmm, what could I use, let’s see what I have around here which might have the similar density and angles...of course this experiment is of ZERO value due to the variables haha.

ETA: ok after a few minutes of some silliness around here I’ve decided it’s impossible to recreate due to variables.

Last edited:
I think it’s more of a preference. I feel they are all the same just different tastes.

I’m still holding strong on my thought that they have finally combed through the cell pings in that area and one persons isn’t matching their story. How close are the cell towers here? Fairly remote and spaced apart? I would think it would be an excellent way to see what phones were there that day.
As I understsnd it they can tell the phones in use and their distance to the tower thereby putting them in locations. But I think it takes a while.

<modsnip: quoted post was removed>

This guy probably didn’t use the gun, but likely had one.

Most murders of joggers and hikers, (anecdotally) don’t seem to use guns.

Knives, strangulation, beatings; something quiet.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I just checked from my desktop pc, and Google maps jumps from July 2015 straight to August 2018, no images in between. I've read there are other options to Google so might look into that. Kinda doubt it will show anymore though.

ETA: And Google earth shows April 2017 and July 2018.
A family member who is a commercial pilot was employed for
a period of time w/ company who did aerial surveying for major construction contracts. His job entailed flying endless back and forth patterns for an accompanying photographer to shoot photos from fairly low elevations.
I'm wondering if there were any major construction jobs going on around Delphi at time of crimes. Any new highways or major
construction projects in area? My point is there may be more aerial maps out there that people may not be aware of.

Yes, from the image thread. I don't have a clue to put them side by side.
https://www.in.gov/isp/files/Delphi_MotionFix.mp4
It appears to me even though the bridge is in rough shape that this man has a unique gait. Maybe be hereditary? or Could be cause he has his jacket stuffed with tools
There are lots of gun carrying people who do not have criminal intent but do so to protect against random acts of violence for themselves and those around them. These circumstances cannot be predicted so they carry every day every place.
My husband is one of those people, he would definitely have his gun on a safe small town trail. But he carries it holstered so it remains secure and he would have no need to take it out and put it in a jacket pocket going over a rickety bridge behind 2 little girls. (I'm giggling at the thought of him balking at the thought of walking on that). No, I think having a gun is normal but carrying it like that indicates criminal intent. If that is what it looks like to me and others.
BBM This day and age it is very normal
to have a gun. Every time my son takes me somewhere, he carries and no one knows it. Happens all the time its called concealed carry. My son does not have criminal intent, he is just wants to be prepared for anything.

I'm not a creepy predator but I always carry a gun when I go out on trails. I know a lot of people who do the same. I'm close to Delphi and we are also on an extension of the Monon railroad which now is trails.

Guess I watch too many crime shows. Always seems like there is women walking or jogging in the woods and are attacked by some lunatic waiting behind some trees!!!!!!!
BG's left hand seems to me like it's lower and held behind him slightly. I also think it looks like he has a knife sheath attached to his belt or pants in that area? Anyone else seeing this?

Yes. MOO he is a hiding something in his left hand. I think it is a gun, ready to be pulled out when he gets close.

A family member who is a commercial pilot was employed for
a period of time w/ company who did aerial surveying for major construction contracts. His job entailed flying endless back and forth patterns for an accompanying photographer to shoot photos from fairly low elevations.
I'm wondering if there were any major construction jobs going on around Delphi at time of crimes. Any new highways or major
construction projects in area? My point is there may be more aerial maps out there that people may not be aware of.

This was one of my first questions, enelram. I’m trying to remember what the answer to this was because I thought Some one maaaay have mentioned some road construction but I can’t be sure on that. Making a note. Worth a revisit to look again, maybe some new reports or something has come out.

I also am very interested in anyone who has been responsible for upkeep, landscaping, maintenance, any of that stuff, which obviously LE would have checked out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500