Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #102

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome Finnemin.
I may be wrong, but, to me, the man walking on the railroad bridge has a mustache and a short beard. His hat also is covering his forehead.
The new sketch shows him clean shaven and having curly hair with a clear view of his hairline.
My guess, and this is only speculation, is that where as so much time has passed without an arrest, his DNA was sent to Parabon, and they were able to develop the sketch. That would explain the delay as well.
The second sketch was drawn by a state trooper a few days after the murders.

Long time lurker, first time poster. Given that this person blends in, does not appear to be a monster, and possibly helped with the search, could it be a DPW worker? In my small town, the DPW workers are known by many as they are also plowing, fixing roads, trimming branches, etc. and are usually close with the police and fire department guys (and sometimes are volunteers for these departments). The ones here play on the local softball team and seem like good guys. This could also explain "who was driving the vehicle" if it was a town water, park or highway department pickup truck/car used by several workers. A witness report of a town vehicle parked near the trails might have been dismissed early on in the investigation.

Long time lurker, first time poster. Given that this person blends in, does not appear to be a monster, and possibly helped with the search, could it be a DPW worker? In my small town, the DPW workers are known by many as they are also plowing, fixing roads, trimming branches, etc. and are usually close with the police and fire department guys (and sometimes are volunteers for these departments). The ones here play on the local softball team and seem like good guys. This could also explain "who was driving the vehicle" if it was a town water, park or highway department pickup truck/car used by several workers. A witness report of a town vehicle parked near the trails might have been dismissed early on in the investigation.
Welcome..... "Good thinking" first post.....moo

I did a second very careful listen after someone suggested that...I still believe he meant between the two sketches. moo

Imho a description of someone can vary from people for many reasons. Some will see them as older and some as younger. Other details stick out to different people. I may notice someone's eyes whereas you may pay more attention to their mouth and someone else may notice their hair. That is why people need to keep in mind this is a composite drawing of different peoples description not a for sure look alike.

Yeah, I posted this several threads back.

They can do amazing things with partial profiles, but there’s no guarantee.

Now, how did miss that? :oops: I may not read every single post but I pretty much read all of yours. Ah, well. Good to bring it up again for those who (like me) missed it first time around.

Starting to think maybe the FBI should takeover as far as any press or speaking to the public.

I also can’t believe that after listening to the latest PC, people think they know who BG is.

They probably won’t do that. In cases like this, law enforcement wants one person to be the face of the investigation.

That man is Carter.

If they do believe he has a conscience, it’s likely because the profile says he might.

Something that is frequently seen from killers who have some regret, is the covering of the faces of the deceased.

When a body is found with the face covered, law enforcement can reasonably infer that the killer is close to the victim.

I don’t think that’s the case here, but there could be something in relation to the bodies that indicates some shame or remorse.

Many people have thought that the bodies were "posed" or were left in some grotesque manner that speaks of Satanic rituals or some such thing. (As a pagan, I get my feathers rumpled at the latter.) IMO since LE is speaking to BG in a way that is implying some sort of conscience or even remorse, it is far more likely that IF the girls were "posed" then it was in a simple way: hands folded, faces covered, partially covered by debris, etc. It doesn't mean that BG knew the girls or had any kind of connection to them before the murders,but there have been lots of cases where, after the attack, the killer has tried to be almost respectful with the manner in which the body was left. It may not mean he's sorry for what he did, but it could mean that there's some kind of reaction to the sight of them, or for the action, that appeals to his more human side.

Starting to think maybe the FBI should takeover as far as any press or speaking to the public.

I also can’t believe that after listening to the latest PC, people think they know who BG is.
not likely to happen, imo, sometimes there's little turf wars with
the big guns (FBI)
Usually local LE has to invite FBI to get involved unless it's their
(federal) jurisdiction.

" since you might kill me, I'll just not turn you in for murdering two young girls. I feel much safer with you NOT locked up" said no one ever !

Unless they don't care if he kills again as long as it's NOT them or just fears for their life overrides any other worries they fear coming forward or a parent in denial.

Been trying to brainstorm reasons why OGBG sketch is no longer as relevant and why NewBG sketch is the one to look at now.

What if a witness who was never in the park that day saw NewBG at his vehicle in the old CPS parking lot that day? They stopped and spoke to him for whatever reason and then went on their merry way. They gave this info to LE early on and provided details for the sketch, but because they couldn't actually place that guy on the bridge or in the park, and his description didn't fit what other people who were IN the park that day saw, LE put that info on the back burner and didn't follow up. Now,for whatever reason, they realize that the guy really was the "real" BG, but it's been so long that the original witness can't remember anything else about the vehicle?

I really do think that human error is responsible for the new/old sketch, but I'm having trouble deciding on what I think that error may be.

We have MSM media links that directly contradict each other on multiple points. We have LE clarifying itself on multiple occasions. Not releasing info is, for the most part, completely understandable. Releasing the wrong info to the media (possibly) and to the public serves no purpose that I can think of. While everyone makes mistakes, I have to admit the ever-shifting focus makes it seemingly difficult for people who may have real tips to discern what's of importance.

Welcome to Websleuths. Thank you so much for joining and for posting in Abigail and Liberty’s case thread.

My premonitions have changed so many times since Feb 2017. Based on everything I have “digested”, I currently believe the following:

1. A close family member (his mother etc) or girlfriend/wife to BG/murderer knows it is HIM. 100%.
2. They are not turning him in for a few possible reasons. (He would hurt them, he does hurt them, he is the person who has the income/holds the house together/pays the bills. And this would be extremely plausible if they are victimized by him. Or they are all possibly mentally challenged/or just the loved ones.
3. At one time I worked for social services. Most People do not want outsiders interfering in their lives even if their lives are dysfunctional. They don’t want the help or in this case the reward money. Mentally challenged individuals especially can not handle disruptions to their routine, again even if the routine is dysfunctional.
4. They released (UNVEILED) the most accurate photo because they were holding on to it because it is about all that they have to identify him.
5. He may not work. He may be on some government disability etc.... therefore, the only people someone like him may see are the nucleus family members and very occasionally Social Service workers. HE may not even go to grocery stores. This is VERY possible. I can say this with assurance as I have worked in this field and many rural folks are not seen much. They like it that way, they keep it that way....... All my opinion

He may not be any of those things. At all. As a (normal, sane) mother, I am sitting here trying to imagine turning in one of my children or brother if I suspected them of a brutal crime. Knowing I would most likely never be able to hug them, kiss them or see them. It would be tough. But, I’d do it.

I hear ya, I have even wondered if he left a cross or bible or something!

Maybe something about sins...

It is a good bet in rural Indiana the attacker has plenty of church time under his belt.
MOO when speaking with people he toes the Christian line to maintain his social
image.
MOO Carter is right, yes, BG might have some small remorse in some contexts, but at core he is a self justifying killer, preying on the weaker, and that is also known as a coward. Carter knows the criminal element in Indiana. I thought his communication was just good police work, forceful, honest, but holding a small path for the criminal to come clean.

Last edited:
Any chance they recently received a Parabon sketch and because it closely resembled the artist sketch created days after the murders that they decided to release the artist sketch to protect the fact that they have DNA evidence?
That’s some high level thinking on their part, if it’s true.

It’s possible, and I hope that’s the case, but I doubt it.

They were trying to rattle him, and what better way than to say “we have your DNA.”

That’s something I’ve seen before.

Now there are some things that make me see it as a possibility:

Perhaps they are trying to conceal how much evidence they have, and how close they are.

It would explain the new sketch, especially if the DNA analysis indicated that this man had hair similar to what is in this sketch, and had an overall appearance that matched.

So I dunno. I’m leaning against it, but can’t discount the possibility.

If that is the case, they’ve got me fooled.

Been trying to brainstorm reasons why OGBG sketch is no longer as relevant and why NewBG sketch is the one to look at now.

What if a witness who was never in the park that day saw NewBG at his vehicle in the old CPS parking lot that day? They stopped and spoke to him for whatever reason and then went on their merry way. They gave this info to LE early on and provided details for the sketch, but because they couldn't actually place that guy on the bridge or in the park, and his description didn't fit what other people who were IN the park that day saw, LE put that info on the back burner and didn't follow up. Now,for whatever reason, they realize that the guy really was the "real" BG, but it's been so long that the original witness can't remember anything else about the vehicle?

I really do think that human error is responsible for the new/old sketch, but I'm having trouble deciding on what I think that error may be.
What bothers me about the vehicle in the CPS lot is that as far as I can tell, it would have been plainly visible from Hoosier Heartland HWY, the footbridge over the HWY, the trailhead parking lot, possibly parts of W 300 N, and possibly local cameras. Especially in mid-February when the grass, shrubs, and trees are bare.

I really don’t believe there is a person out there who “knows”. What would be the odds of the one person who knows also being one who refuses to give info to LE? Especially over a two-year period, when there has been time to change one’s situation, living arrangements etc...

There may be a relative somewhere who thinks “that could be Jack” i.e but that is not the same as knowing who a double child-killer is and keeping quiet. A lot of people might have harbored dark suspicions about a relative at one time or another for many crimes but that isn’t knowing they did it.

Everything said in the PC sounded profiler-generated to me.

Jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member