Silver Alert CT- Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 #8 *ARRESTS*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Possibilities:
  • JD returned home after dropping off kids, to pack up for drive to NY
  • He confronted her in the garage and killed her
  • He put her body in her own truck and drove it to one of his properties and stashed her body
  • He dropped by his place to scrub what he could from self and truck and bag up some of the mess while making call
  • He got doctored plates to put on her truck and left his phone at home
  • He took her truck through car wash and returned to her house to clean up garage - after cleaners had left
  • He drove her truck with bagged up cleaning stuff to load into employee’s truck or stash somewhere to pick up later
  • He removed doctored plates and found place to stash her truck that was close enough for him to walk to employee’s truck
  • He returned home in time to swap vehicles again
  • In the evening he did the trash can odyssey with MT
  • Early the next morning he returned to where he stashed the body and moved it - maybe into a septic tank
Some questions:
  • MyWhat was the state of JD’s truck when found?
  • Were the keys in it?
  • Had it been recently cleaned?
  • Did it have overnight bag or anything related to trip?
  • Was there an overnight bag at her house?
  • Where are her purse, phone, keys?
  • Was he wearing the same clothes each time the employee saw him that day?
  • Was her truck seen or captured on video with the doctored plates?
  • When did her truck arrive at the park?
  • What kind of doctor appointments did she have? Could they have been a threat to him?
  • Did he expect her to be gone when he went to her house and she returned home and surprised him while he was doing something shady?
  • How long were the cleaners there?
  • Where are the trash bins kept for her home?
My cleaners alternate what they do each visit, but they thoroughly scrub the kitchen and all the bathrooms every time. That made me wonder if he did the garage cleanup after the cleaners were gone. (However, they do enter my garage to put the trash in the big bins. H.O.A. rules don’t let us have visible trash bins outside.)

In this scenario he would have known to bring the doctored plates with him? So to me that means he planned this killing. In my head I keep getting a picture of FD and MT both working on those license plates together. I don’t know why

Clearly he has Cosmo Kramer level Kavorka.

And I agree, I don’t care what the hell he told her, that evidence dump is all sorts of suspicious.

Normal people don’t go out under the cover of darkness, stopping countless times to dump garbage in other people’s trash cans.
....or even one time, right?

And on top of that garbage that contained sponges that were soaked with their wife's blood, who they just happened to be in the throws of a contentious divorce with

eta ok I missed the context here obviously there is no way to know weather MT knew what was actually in the bags

but the whole thing reeks of suspicion regardless, obviously

No way could she not have known something suspicious was up. He stops thirty times at dumpsters/garbage cans and drops however many bags and then drops a FedEx package in a storm drain? Really? Not buying it. Moo

And on top of that garbage that contained sponges that were soaked with their wife's blood, who they just happened to be in the throws of a contentious divorce with

eta ok I missed the context here obviously there is no way to know weather MT knew what was actually in the bags

but the whole thing reeks of suspicion regardless, obviously

And I imagine the bags reeked of human blood so who wouldn't question what was within?

Since Pattis' swears MT "abhors smoking" maybe she was hanging out the window not to smoke but to escape the odor of human remains.

ok so I'm starting to lean to the possibility that JD was likely not buried based on the fact that FD disposed of evidence in dumpsters

I would think if he was going to bury the body then he would have also buried the evidence that he took from the crime scene

I think that may be one of the reasons that we have seen such a concentrated effort in searching bodies of water, although I do realize they have also searched some other properties as well

I think its probably most likely that JD's remains were either in fact disposed of in a dumpster or were put in a body of water, or just left unburied in a wooded area.

I just can't see a reason why FD would not have tried to get rid of all the evidence at once if he had in fact buried her body and was intent on distancing himself from any evidence of a crime

JMO

Maybe he dug a hole in advance of killing her, and he didn’t account for the large amount of evidence he would create, and there wasn’t room in the hole for it. Oh, and no time to make the hole bigger. Just thinking about why they haven’t found any part of her yet, if they haven’t.

Perhaps having had threats against your life qualifies you for a silver alert?
Perhaps. All that's published about the criteria for silver alerts for persons in her age category in Conn is that the person is missing and has a mental impairment. What they deem to be a mental impairment I do not know.

We don't know. Presumably she was deemed to have a mental impairment that qualified for the issuance of a silver alert.

I’ll bet that anyone who has been treated for depression qualifies for a silver alert-I think somewhere it was stated that JD suffered from and was treated for depression, as well as one or two other mental illness issues, for which FD taunted her, and called her an unfit mother.

No way could she not have known something suspicious was up. He stops thirty times at dumpsters/garbage cans and drops however many bags and then drops a FedEx package in a storm drain? Really? Not buying it. Moo

Granted, I buy cheapo store brand trash bags, and not Hefty Force Flex, (no idea what kind theirs were), but I can barely pull a liner out of the can without something leaking out. If there was enough blood in those bags that LE was able to determine it from looking at cc video, how likely is it that no blood seeped out while MT was handling a bag? I would say the odds against a leaking bag, given what we know, are slim. JMO

ok so I'm starting to lean to the possibility that JD was likely not buried based on the fact that FD disposed of evidence in dumpsters

I would think if he was going to bury the body then he would have also buried the evidence that he took from the crime scene

I think that may be one of the reasons that we have seen such a concentrated effort in searching bodies of water, although I do realize they have also searched some other properties as well

I think its probably most likely that JD's remains were either in fact disposed of in a dumpster or were put in a body of water, or just left unburied in a wooded area.

I just can't see a reason why FD would not have tried to get rid of all the evidence at once if he had in fact buried her body and was intent on distancing himself from any evidence of a crime

JMO
I think our brains are in the same place! I definitely felt JD was buried-in a well planned place that no one will find. Then someone pointed out that bags don’t float and that’s why the bags w evidence in them weren’t left with the body (because he put her in a lake etc). But the more I think about it, I still think she’s buried. FD plan was to transport JD in her own car to location in woods with deep grave already dug. Either he didn’t anticipate having a bag of “things” to get rid of, or he did but something spooked him. It’s one thing to plan a murder and another to carry it out. Maybe it was physically much harder to get her deep in the woods then he thought. Going back to get bags of garbage would be too risky. He moved to plan B- divide what’s in the bag or bags n scatter them in Hartford. I’m back to thinking she’s buried. I can’t see him chancing moving her body from her own car to a red company truck and driving around with her.

The handbag that was left at the Dulos home Thursday night, and needed to be returned by MT to her friend?
May or may not be true. Unusual for a woman to forget her handbag. Everything about this (that’s been released) sounds bizarre and difficult to believe. The police know a lot.... they must. Glad they are keeping it al quiet until the right moment to strike.

I think our brains are in the same place! I definitely felt JD was buried-in a well planned place that no one will find. Then someone pointed out that bags don’t float and that’s why the bags w evidence in them weren’t left with the body (because he put her in a lake etc). But the more I think about it, I still think she’s buried. FD plan was to transport JD in her own car to location in woods with deep grave already dug. Either he didn’t anticipate having a bag of “things” to get rid of, or he did but something spooked him. It’s one thing to plan a murder and another to carry it out. Maybe it was physically much harder to get her deep in the woods then he thought. Going back to get bags of garbage would be too risky. He moved to plan B- divide what’s in the bag or bags n scatter them in Hartford. I’m back to thinking she’s buried. I can’t see him chancing moving her body from her own car to a red company truck and driving around with her.

All seems very plausible

Granted, I buy cheapo store brand trash bags, and not Hefty Force Flex, (no idea what kind theirs were), but I can barely pull a liner out of the can without something leaking out. If there was enough blood in those bags that LE was able to determine it from looking at cc video, how likely is it that no blood seeped out while MT was handling a bag? I would say the odds against a leaking bag, given what we know, are slim. JMO

Seriously! I agree. It's sickening to think about. By the third stop, I would have been out of that truck with my phone and started walking. Called a cab or somebody to pick me up. I can't believe she expects people to believe she didn't know.

My apologies in advance if my question has been answered in any of the other older threads.
I was searching for information about guidelines in CT as to when an adult was considered "missing." I found a pamphlet in which it states the following:

"Silver alert: an emergency message with information about the missing person over the age of 65, or over 18 with a mental impairment, that is broadcasted through radio and television networks. "

How did JD's disappearance qualify as a Silver Alert?

Brochure from the CT Office Victims' Advocate: https://www.ct.gov/ova/lib/ova/Missing_Persons_Brochure.pdf
Thanks for brochure post.

I believe too many confuse "mental impairment" with mental illness when in fact any adult over 18, user of substance, alcohol, or even insulin, could qualify for silver alert -- meaning the possibility you could be missing involuntarily.

Blood sugar drops, and you become disoriented and/or confused is one of countless ways one can be considered to have a mental impairment.

Just as silver alert can be used for anyone over the age of 65 alone, I don't believe anyone doubts LE made the wrong call issuing a silver alert for Jennifer. She clearly was an endangered, missing person, and LE believed use of dynamic message broadcast might be the only way to rescue the missing person.

MOO

ETA: Just learned Silver alert age is 60 in some states including Florida.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500