Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #107

Status
Not open for further replies.
To me, BG looks like he's wearing an old fashioned hunting hat with flaps hanging down the ears. Well worn Timberland boots on his feet; you buy them beige but with age, they turn a dark brown. His jacket looks stuffed with things that could be a gun, rope and knife. Are we looking for a hunter/sportsman? There is a deer lookout in those woods, where deer hunters sit high up in trees to scout for deer at distances and animal tracks of deer, fox, etc have been found out there.

I agree on the flaps at the side and they make the face look wider. I can see a hood and all that everyone else can but I can see that type of hat better than either of those, i think the flapped hat is the most likely. It also would tell me again he was overdressed for the weather.

I also do not mean the enhanced pictures, I mean the original.

Jmo though.

It seems odd that BG has his hands in his pocket while trying to cross an unstable bridge. It's as if he's trying to remain calm or keep his composure because of the heinous crime he's about to commit. Which begs the question, did he think he was powerful? Was this particular individual someone who may have had some bullying in his past or perhaps wanted to regain that control? Just conjecturing here.

To me, BG looks like he's wearing an old fashioned hunting hat with flaps hanging down the ears. Well worn Timberland boots on his feet; you buy them beige but with age, they turn a dark brown. His jacket looks stuffed with things that could be a gun, rope and knife. Are we looking for a hunter/sportsman? There is a deer lookout in those woods, where deer hunters sit high up in trees to scout for deer at distances and animal tracks of deer, fox, etc have been found out there.
A deer stand. If there was one, RL most likely knew about it. People trespass all the time to hunt, but likely wouldn't put up a deer stand without permission. Too obvious. Although they may not be above using somebody else's. I'm sure LE got the names of everyone with permission to be on RL's land for hunting/trapping purposes. I've wondered before if BG was dressed the way he was because he'd been checking trap lines on property along N 300 W that morning. Who knows. JMO

I think Carter wanted to emphasize that BG has ties to Delphi, not that he is necessarily from Delphi or a current or longtime resident. Carter said something to the effect that the murder might live in Delphi, or have previously lived in Delphi, or work in Delphi, or visit often. With whatever LE knows about the crime scene flow, and their opinion that BG 'got around quickly' (whatever that means), they believe that only a person who is very familiar with the trails and surrounding area would be able to commit this crime. LE also believes that he is 'hiding in plain sight' which means he is blending in to the community.
My concern ,from very soon after the April press conference , is that the vast majority of the 'New Strategy/Direction' presented there, screams 'Profile' rather than 'Eureka!'

I agree on the flaps at the side and they make the face look wider. I can see a hood and all that everyone else can but I can see that type of hat better than either of those, i think the flapped hat is the most likely. It also would tell me again he was overdressed for the weather.

I also do not mean the enhanced pictures, I mean the original.

Jmo though.
Actually, when I very first saw the photo, two years ago, my first thought was one of those hunting hat with flaps, too. I still see that. I can make myself see a baseball hat and the hoodie hood down, but that's about it. Too grainy to say for sure.

Somewhere long ago, I read something one of the LE officials said about BG. It seems like it was about his clothing and mannerisms. One thing I recall is it talked about shirt tails. Does anybody else remember reading that?

I always thought the brown hanging out under his jacket was simply a shirt tail, not a pack of any sort.

Thank You! It must’ve taken quite a bit of time for you to locate this confirmation and I appreciate it. That’s one item officially off the list of what might not be factual - the bodies were indeed found across the river.
This likely means they were, in fact, on RL's property, too, correct? If the creek access that is now not labeled as his, was at the time.

I have a hard time thinking the girls ran. I believe he had control of at least one girl from the get go probably before the command of down the hill. I think he was there with the intentions of attacking someone. He planned to follow someone who crossed the bridge knowing he could isolate them while seeing that no one else was crossing that bridge . He pre planned his escape. I do think that both girls were random victims.
Agree. Except about the running. I could see Liberty saying to Abigail to follow her lead or maybe one just followed the other without communication. If this killer is struggling going down the hill OR he stumbled and fell on the hill, they could have run for it. Although, if they did that I wonder if they would be bold enough to cross the creek, but instead run parallel to the creek. There were photos of one or both them fishing in that creek in the past so they may have been very aware of where they were and ran for the cemetery and road and maybe the houses. If that was the case, I can see the killer crossing the creek faster and catching them on the other side.

I think the killer was not seen by anybody on the trail and that’s the reason he proceeded to commit the murders. If he had been seen he’d have abandoned his plan that day and the girls would’ve been picked up by DG, nobody none the wiser of the abolished plot. Premeditated murders don’t necessarily proceed regardless...preplanning often involves mitigating arrest. In an outdoor wooded trail area with very few people coming or going, his odds of not being sighted were quite good, unfortunately. JMO
In which case, he might have been there before but abandoned his plan. This is also why I believe he didn't use the trail after the murders, but went to the road to avoid the trails.

A deer stand. If there was one, RL most likely knew about it. People trespass all the time to hunt, but likely wouldn't put up a deer stand without permission. Too obvious. Although they may not be above using somebody else's. I'm sure LE got the names of everyone with permission to be on RL's land for hunting/trapping purposes. I've wondered before if BG was dressed the way he was because he'd been checking trap lines on property along N 300 W that morning. Who knows. JMO

There are pics of the deer stand in the image thread, but I'm not sure exactly where it was located.

Found Deceased - IN - IMAGE discussion re Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi

dear-stand-jpg.118071

I think the killer was not seen by anybody on the trail and that’s the reason he proceeded to commit the murders. If he had been seen he’d have abandoned his plan that day and the girls would’ve been picked up by DG, nobody none the wiser of the abolished plot. Premeditated murders don’t necessarily proceed regardless...preplanning often involves mitigating arrest. In an outdoor wooded trail area with very few people coming or going, his odds of not being sighted were quite good, unfortunately. JMO
Would be interesting to know if any of the other people known to have been at the trails ventured out onto the bridge and actually crossed it.

My concern ,from very soon after the April press conference , is that the vast majority of the 'New Strategy/Direction' presented there, screams 'Profile' rather than 'Eureka!'[/QU

That was kind of my impression too. It was LE was trying to call the perp's bluff and I just felt like he was laughing at them, in or out of the room. Hope we're wrong but I feel like if they really had anything on the murderer, they would've been way more forthcoming by now.

Good point. This isn't a matter of not enough resources dedicated to the case or the case not getting enough publicity or the reward for info not significant enough or the victims not sympathetic enough for people to care. Given all that, and that 2 years and 4 months have passed, there's probably not going to be a resolution anytime soon.
I agree, unless someone who knows who did it gets arrested for something else and needs a "get out of jail free card." And then, they better head for the hills. JMO

I'm not the smartest person nor do I murder people but even if he was local or somewhat local give or take 50 miles, do you actually think he is sticking around?
Actually, quite possible. If he knows they don't have DNA, or he's planted someone else's he's got nothing to run from....yet. As always, just speculation.

So, I’ve been thinking about the height/weight estimates. BG is slightly over weight if you go with 5’10” 180 (BMI of 25.8) or straight up chunky with all other variations of the height/weight. Yes, I know muscle weighs more than fat so he could be muscular and 5’10”. Body type comes into play as well, but I’m not seeing a body builder in the still or video. It’s blurry and it’s still pretty obvious that BG doesn’t have the bod of an Adonis.

I completely agree. So why did Carter only mention Delphi? This is what I do not understand. Where is he getting a Delphi perp from?
I don't think he only mentioned Delphi. I think he also included the possibility of someone who had connections to Delphi, maybe grew up there, had family there, worked there, had friends there. He did not exclude the possibility that the killer came from the surrounding area iirc. MOO

Last edited:
It seems odd that BG has his hands in his pocket while trying to cross an unstable bridge. It's as if he's trying to remain calm or keep his composure because of the heinous crime he's about to commit. Which begs the question, did he think he was powerful? Was this particular individual someone who may have had some bullying in his past or perhaps wanted to regain that control? Just conjecturing here.

MOO all males I have seen pictures of on the bridge have their hands in their pockets. I would say that is the norm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Linnymac68$