Found Deceased UT - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019 #16 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree. There is no way that I believe that it was just a coincidence that her phone went dead minutes after she met up with him.

By all accounts she was a very active phone user. I myself, and can't imagine most people her age and who use their phones a lot like me, NEVER turn my phone off. I mean even when it's charging, I don't turn it off - I just turn the volume down at night. Most people even of my age and older, including my parents, never turn their phones completely off. I don't know anyone who does.

I very much agree with you.

Just chiming in to agree that I would find it unlikely she'd turn her phone completely off on her own. I'm a few years older than her, and even folks in my peer group that I know just don't turn off their phone, even to charge. They're on all the time, and people get creative with ways to eek out the battery. If she wanted to conceal her location, I could see her doing that, but not turning off her phone to do so.

I highly doubt it both my boys mid late twenties never power off their phones. I’m sure AA demanded she power it off or he grabbed it and turned them both off. Why not just turn sound off, silent mode or do not disturb mode? Why power off the phone unless you don’t want to be tracked. Her being a young pretty single woman why would she care if GPS on? Actually I think being a female she would leave gps on. JMO

MOO he grabbed it, and it was part of terrorizing her.

Last edited:
ML's flight was only 1 hour 45 mins -- in airplane mode-- not much of a battery drain.

I believe ML most likely disabled/shut off her own phone when she arrived at Hatch Park for privacy reasons. Don't think she wanted her family and/or friends that she shares her location with to know her whereabouts at 3AM Monday.

From the first presser, seemed that LE placed a lot of emphasis on ML's privacy, and how she had a right to go off grid without contact.

Unfortunately, ML's plans when meeting AA were not the same as his plans. They were not even close.

MOO
I don’t think she knew this guy well enough to power off her iPhone and wouldn’t have done so. I have an iPhone it has all kinds of privacy modes without powering it off. Why would she voluntarily want to shut down her phone? For what reason? When I online dated for a few years I NEVER powered off my phone with a man even after a few dates. If anything I wanted it ON. I’m not buying she powered it off no way. What girl alone at a park with a guy at 3am nope its ridiculous and I would bet my life she did not turn it off with a guy she barely knew. A guy might do that but not a female.

Yes, on one hand she says he was good to her kids, then says he abused her. She said the relationship had already turned bad by the time she had her baby. He wasn't in Texas for very long so I don't see how she could possibly even know him that well. Not to mention that she had no idea they were divorced.
Maybe she's mistaking him for another Ayoola she married.

IIRC he wouldn't sign the divorce papers. I am not sure how they got divorced then.

I bet it's because if Lyft dropped ML at AA's house, then Lyft would know where AA's house was...
Exactly he had plans. Thinking back to all my fun dating years before, during and after college there is not one guy I was dating for a first time, short time or a BF who wouldn’t have insisted on picking me up at an airport at 3am if he was excited to see me. If anything a new guy I was dating wants to make a good impression and come hell or high water would pick me up. If not the first date would be the last.

Or really needs to think about her story & the actual FACTS. She said she wanted a divorce, yet he was granted the divorce when she didn't show/respond to the court proceedings. She claimed she was introduced from her Godmother and right away asked her if he was a killer or something to that effect. To me it sounds like something someone would say when they are offered a big chunk of change to be "married" to someone they dont know at all. She states it went bad prior to the other man's baby being born, but also that he sent money for her and her children from Utah. The injuries she says she got from him, were never reported?

MOO women who report often get killed. So not reporting isn't that puzzling.
If he was a normal man the arranged marriage might have worked out. It might be purely immigration, but also it could be a traditional arranged marriage which starts as an alliance, probably both.

Our Police dont have whatever amendment you have in America, no idea what it is. Instant tracking and phone info if they need it one signature from judge instant.
Only guilty would object anyway!.

The 4th Amendment protects U.S. citizens against illegal search and seizure. The Supreme Court of the United States ruled in June of 2018, that this protection covers cell phone location and other data. However, a search warrant signed by a judge allows for those records and digital data covered in the warrant to be searched. There are a variety of reasons why a person might refuse a search without a warrant.

Don't most people that age carry around portable chargers?
I know my daughter would never leave the house without one if she was planning on being gone all day.

Yes, most I know carry a backup power source 24/7. There are a variety of devices one can use.

Concerning devices, it's also possible that a signal jammer could have been used.

Or really needs to think about her story & the actual FACTS. She said she wanted a divorce, yet he was granted the divorce when she didn't show/respond to the court proceedings. She claimed she was introduced from her Godmother and right away asked her if he was a killer or something to that effect. To me it sounds like something someone would say when they are offered a big chunk of change to be "married" to someone they dont know at all. She states it went bad prior to the other man's baby being born, but also that he sent money for her and her children from Utah. The injuries she says she got from him, were never reported?
Yes, the first comment I made was about her asking if he was crazy or if he was a "killer." It's not normally what one would ask before being fixed up with someone.
I think they both had reasons to wait until after the five year statute of limitations for fraudulent marriage charges, as they both could have faced harsh penalties. Anyway, it's not really that significant considering the charges he is facing now. Imo

I think LE said he used the laptop he stole from the college to look for a wife. I don't know if it was Craigslist, though.
It was an iPad. I just read about it earlier today. Then he was caught using the stolen iPad on campus which is why he was banned from Utah State University in the first place.

Seriously, what an idiot

These "culture" comments are pretty gross and offensive. African men don't go around uncontrollably lusting over and murdering blonde white women. This is just another psychotic murderer. It has nothing to do with him being African. You hear about white American men murdering white American women all the time. This isn't any different from those cases.

Yes, most I know carry a backup power source 24/7. There are a variety of devices one can use.

Concerning devices, it's also possible that a signal jammer could have been used.
Well, the portable charger my daughter uses was about $20 from Walmart. I think there are cheaper ones and more expensive ones. The first one I got only lasted about 3 charges worth. She keeps losing them so I don't buy the really expensive kind.
I would think Kenzie had one with her since she was travelling, but I guess you never know.
I don't know anything about signal jammers, but I'm thinking she did not turn off her phone to avoid detection. She was very open about her lifestyle, and I'm pretty sure her friends said her parents knew about it. Imo

Oh, I didn’t know the cell companies would fight a subpoena. That seems a bit extreme. I’m a libertarian who’s all about privacy, but I have zero problems with having my cell records given to LE! Wouldn’t most people WANT that...in case they were involuntarily disappeared? Does anyone know if there’s a way to opt in to something like that, to make it less of an issue for the cell provider to turn the records over to LE? I rarely have my privacy feature turned on, but I do use google, so that should track movement. I’ve got a passcode on my phone, but I’ve given the code to 1 person in case something would happen to me, so they could get into the phone. Tia, to anyone with info on the opt in. Also, all jmo.

I'm not aware of an industry-wide opt-in list. (I really like your idea though!) There are numerous SOS apps; however, when activated they will send exact coordinates and a real- time video clip with audio. Most require only the press of 1 button 2Xs in quick succession. But many have a voice activated feature, too. I know they work and are very precise. As long as the person can keep activating the feature, in fact, it will continue to send updated, real-time information to anyone (usually a half dozen or so) who the user designates to receive the data.

I have accidentally activated the feature a time or three. :oops: It's not audible and doesn't alert the user when it's activated. But panicked phone calls and texts from family/friends alerted me immediately of my mistake.

It offers one more layer of protection, one additional tool. :)

These "culture" comments are pretty gross and offensive. African men don't go around uncontrollably lusting over and murdering blonde white women. This is just another psychotic murderer. It has nothing to do with him being African. You hear about white American men murdering white American women all the time. This isn't any different from those cases.
Yes, exactly. It's not a cultural issue. Imo

I had posted earlier about the cost for AA to come to the US and questioned who funded it. The cost to attend USU for foreign F-1 visa holders is $30,000 (2018 dollars). The applicant must provide proof of financial support, bank accounts or sponsorship. I'm curious about what AA provided as proof of support?

http://study.usu.edu/apply/Affidavit_of_Support.pdf

It was an iPad. I just read about it earlier today. Then he was caught using the stolen iPad on campus which is why he was banned from Utah State University in the first place.

Seriously, what an idiot
I just know it was some kind of computer.
Either way, they said he was using it to find a wife, "although he was already married." Whatever that means.

Well, the portable charger my daughter uses was about $20 from Walmart. I think there are cheaper ones and more expensive ones. The first one I got only lasted about 3 charges worth. She keeps losing them so I don't buy the really expensive kind.
I would think Kenzie had one with her since she was travelling, but I guess you never know.
I don't know anything about signal jammers, but I'm thinking she did not turn off her phone to avoid detection. She was very open about her lifestyle, and I'm pretty sure her friends said her parents knew about it. Imo

I agree with you. I don't think she turned off her phone to avoid detection either.

Some ideas for portable charging...backpacks and messenger bags that have a built in charger. Your daughter would then plug in the backpack to charge the built in capacitor that stores the charge, often seen externally in the form of a memory stick.

Memory sticks that clip onto keychains, backpacks, etc.

Solar powered batteries, chargers, etc.

The prices have come down, and the technology has improved (faster charging & and charge is held longer.) But it's still never fun to lose one of them. Hope maybe 1 or more options might help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member