Found Deceased Malaysia - Nora Quoirin, 15, from UK, special needs, missing on vacation, Seremban, 4 Aug 2019 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
What was the weather that morning? I can't get past the fact the dogs picked up no scent? So was she carried I wonder?

The dogs did pick up a scent but lost it after 100 yards (I think) - will go back and check!

ETA:

Relatives lashed out after it emerged that sniffer dogs lost the scent for Nora Quoirin just 100 yards from the eco-lodge bungalow where she vanished on Sunday morning.

Police dogs lose trail of missing Nora Quoirin, 15, just yards from jungle eco-resort in Malaysia | Daily Mail Online

Wouldn't it make it seem as if she got in a vehicle?
I mean eventually the scent would dissipate, however, I would think that it would take a day or two and wouldn't the scent be stronger if she spent some time at a spot, like to take a rest?
Just my own, over exaggerated musings

The dogs can follow a scent that is months old, they are really incredible. Technically if she walked out, especially barefoot or naked her scent should be quite strong from the skins oils etc on the ground.

The dogs did pick up a scent but lost it after 100 yards (I think) - will go back and check!

ETA:

Relatives lashed out after it emerged that sniffer dogs lost the scent for Nora Quoirin just 100 yards from the eco-lodge bungalow where she vanished on Sunday morning.

Police dogs lose trail of missing Nora Quoirin, 15, just yards from jungle eco-resort in Malaysia | Daily Mail Online
I sure hope they have searched every single room, inside and out. Like every single one. It's possible she might still be there.

If they lost the scent 100 yards out it tells me she either got in a car or was picked up and carried at that point.
Not necessarily. We’ve seen many instances where the dogs either lost the scent or never found it yet the missing person/child was found in the general vicinity. Dogs are not infallible especially because their handlers are humans.

Not necessarily. We’ve seen many instances where the dogs either lost the scent or never found it yet the missing person/child was found in the general vicinity. Dogs are not infallible especially because their handlers are humans.

Well that was JMO of what has happened, of course errors can be made.

Do you have any examples where that happened though? I would be interested in reading because that seems like a huge fail for a scent dog if the missing person was located so close by.

Do you have any examples where that happened though? I would be interested in reading because that seems like a huge fail for a scent dog if the missing person was located so close by.

Blaze Bernstein is an example.

Body Of Missing College Student Found At Borrego Park
"Bernstein's body was discovered at approximately 2 p.m. in the brush surrounding (Borrego) park," Orange County Sheriff's Department, Chief of Police Services Lt. Brad Valentine told Patch Wednesday. Though that area was searched on foot and with search and rescue dogs on and off since last Thursday, the body was not discovered until after Tuesday's rainfall. Valentine declined to comment about the condition of Blaze's body when found, but added that "the rain did help us with locating him."

These are two recent ones that I remember. Kenneth Howard in Kentucky and Amanda Eller in Hawaii.

Found Safe - KY - Kenneth Howard, 22mths, Salyersville, 12 May 2019

HI - HI - Amanda Eller, 35, Trail near Makawao, Maui, 8 May 2019

Lucie Blackman Trust‏ @MissingAbroad

Statement from family of Nora Quoirin - #missing in #Sermban #Malaysia

EBYIiTKWwAE21M_.jpg

Lucie Blackman Trust on Twitter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online