Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, Nsw, 12 Sept 2014 - #47

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I will be buying this for sure!
And co-written with Dan Box! What a great writer he is.
Looks like we may have the pleasure of seeing a lot more of Jubes during the next 12 months or so. :) :) :)

One of Australia’s high profile homicide detectives, Gary Jubelin, is set to publish his memoirs in a book and broadcast deal signed with publisher HarperCollins and News Corp.

The book will be written by Jubelin with award-winning journalist Dan Box .....
The book will be released in the second half of next year.

He has also signed a deal with News Corp Australia to do a six-part podcast and series of news projects over the next 12 months.

Jubelin was approached by multiple television networks, publishers and production companies to work with him. His decision came down to two parties, Nine Entertainment Co and News Corp. Although Nine’s 60 Minutes approached and tabled a significant offer to join them as an investigative reporter in 2020, Jubelin chose to sign up with News Corp.

1569708322957_d91994e38cfa0d41c388135f6f32a543.jpeg

https://www.perthnow.com.au/news/au...-as-a-cop-ng-2ae0f7926a84d316a8d83b9737b15171

Last edited:
Just catching up, sorry if now redundant, but these are LH's tweets in regard to KC (read in reverse order, bottom to top):

Lia Harris
@LiaJHarris
·
17h
The coroner told the court she understood it “will be frustrating for some” but there are “reasons for it”. It will resume in Taree on March 9, 2020. @10NewsFirst @10Daily

Lia Harris
@LiaJHarris
·
17h
Counsel assisting Gerard Craddock SC just told the court the inquest will be suspended now and resume in March 2020... taking a six month break between hearings. @10NewsFirst

Lia Harris
@LiaJHarris
·
17h
She told the court Jones left the house in the morning and returned that afternoon “drunker than usual”. She said they later found out he was charged with child sex offences. @10NewsFirst @10Daily

Lia Harris
@LiaJHarris
·
17h
She and her partner, Mr Jones’ daughter, were staying at the Jones house in Wauchope on September 12, 2014. @10NewsFirst @10Daily

Lia Harris
@LiaJHarris
·
17h
Katrina Cherry is now testifying. She is a relative of person of interest Tony Jones. @10NewsFirst @10Daily

Hi D, thanks for this.
I'm wondering if it was straight after KC's testimony re Tony Jones, that the inquest was suspended to resume in March ? (IMO the tweets as posted indicate that )

Katrina had completed her evidence. It was known that Swift had wanted to make an application for days ( it was not known about what ) & than the court was adjourned . Swifts application re the photo timestamp was obviously made after the court adjourned. It was not reported on in the media until 2/9/19 ( court adjourned on Wed 28/8/19)

The court was suddenly adjourned ( there were dates lined up to go back to Taree in the beginning of November ) ..........

Hi Doc, I want to state my appreciation of you in giving time to attend the inquest, and then to provide valuable Intel to us all.

Just trying to get a grip on things. .. could I perhaps read your post differently as per :
'Katrina had completed her evidence & than the court was adjourned on Wed 28/8/19.
It was known that Swift had wanted to make an application for days ( it was not known about what ) . Swifts application re the photo timestamp was obviously made after the court adjourned. It was not reported on in the media until 2/9/19

Katrina had completed her evidence. It was known that Swift.............

Sorry Doc, I meant to add that I was just trying to understand the timing & scheme of things that day.

Re possible reasons for what IMO appeared to be a sudden adjournment..
Eg.
Was it something KC said
Was it something someone else
Was it something discovered elsewhere
Was it as a result of an application
Or was it planned all along to end at this time on this day

Thanks everyone for your input, I so hope we can help William

Of course we don't know for certain unless you are party to the proceedings ;) or have access to someone who is part of the proceedings.

The Australian reported that ( from a reporter close to the Bio family & other "advocates" that have attached themselves to the Bio family ) the application was made in open court prior to the adjournment.

The Australian reported that an application to have the apparent time stamp discrepancy on the photo examined was made in court not long before the inquest was suddenly adjourned.

Mystery over last photo of William Tyrrell

This is incorrect. The application was mentioned ( but no content ) in open court on the last day & the coroner said that she would deal with that, which she did.

Ms Swift’s application was made in open court shortly before the inquest was suddenly adjourned for seven months. The subject matter wasn’t revealed, and Ms Swift refused to comment. However, Ms Grahame responded to the application by saying the matter needed investigation, and Mr Craddock agreed it was important. Police have been unable to provide the court with an explanation for this terminology, which has in turn created uncertainty.

NoCookies | The Australian

Am I understanding correctly now that the application by Ms Swift Was Made in court whilst the inquest was still 'active', but then shortly after that application the adjournment was made ?

Even if that's how it happened I still personally wonder if that was the reason for the adjournment - it may have just been an opportunity for that application to be presented at the end of the day ??

BBM: The link that I posted above alludes to the probable fact that the extract about the time stamp application by Swift was dated August 28th ... the day after the inquest was postponed.

The information in that link interested me SA (thank you).

Even thought the inquest was adjourned, can an application to the inquest still be made ? And reported on ?

I wonder who changed it? If someone uploads photos from a digital camera to a computer and prints the photos would the timestamp change because of the computer's print out and automatically correct the time?

I wouldn't even know that I have to set the time on a digital camera (do I ??)
Does it mean then all my photos are inaccurately time stamped ?

The information in that link interested me SA (thank you).

Even thought the inquest was adjourned, can an application to the inquest still be made ? And reported on ?

Since I posted that date, I have been looking at Lia Harris' tweets - which I took the info from. I think many of the tweets are a whole day out in dates. Probably tweeted on US time (Twitter is based in San Francisco).

Many of her tweets during the inquest are dated on Sundays. And we know that the inquest was not on over weekends.

I will have to try to sort out the dates of my list of inquest witnesses by referring back to MSM articles. Which I wont be doing at the moment.

This is an example - dated August 18th, but August 18th was a Sunday.
Lia Harris‏Verified account @LiaJHarris Aug 18
Detective Sergeant Beacroft told the court there was a child across the road from where the man saw the car who had a Spider Man suit, but she later spoke to that child’s mother and found it was “not possible” it was her child he saw. @10NewsFirst @10Daily

Last edited:
But in a jury situation. Would the judge tell the jury to disregard the person's evidence? Or caution them about it? Or would the judge form the opinion before the jury heard from the witness and prevent the witness from appearing at all?

In a criminal court / judge & jury - doesn't everyone hear the evidence at the same time ?

I'm sure Cleaver will better advise, but I guess the judge would direct jury to take said evidence ' under advisement' ( hard for a jury member to hear something & then disregard IMO)

You may wish to note that the inquest was suddenly suspended on the day after a full day of the inquest suddenly not (publicly) hearing any witnesses ... not closed court, just the Coroner saying they would resume on the Wednesday.

Aug 22 - Geoff Owen (in Taree)
Aug 25 - Margaret Spedding (in Sydney)
Aug 25 - Bill Spedding
Aug 26 - no testimony (publicly) heard
Aug 27 - Ronald Chapman
Aug 27 - Katrina Cherry
Aug 27 - inquest suddenly suspended

Lia Harris‏Verified account @LiaJHarris Aug 27
Counsel assisting Gerard Craddock SC just told the court the inquest will be suspended now and resume in March 2020... taking a six month break between hearings. @10NewsFirst

Lia Harris‏Verified account @LiaJHarris Aug 27
The coroner told the court she understood it “will be frustrating for some” but there are “reasons for it”. It will resume in Taree on March 9, 2020. @10NewsFirst

Good to see in order like that thanks SA!

IMO, suspending either relates to:
  1. Whatever happened on Wednesday of no court day which came out of nowhere IMO, possibly police requesting suspension ?
  2. Further statements from public -post testimony of Chapman (and the setup of a direct phone number)
  3. Substantial new evidence on either Donohoe or Abbott
If they are only halfway through witnesses it would seem strange to not at least use the time. It would also seem bit odd not to take up November dates.

Also I feel speddings testimony was rushed almost as if irrelevant to the coroner? (based on time on stand only), yet seems everyone else got a grilling just in case?

Are they waiting for Jubes trial, to hopefully allow recordings to be brought into the inquest?
Is there another trial in motion on a POI?:confused:
Have they found something big that will take a couple of months to get satisfactory testing complete?

I think (and pray) we are close...

Well, I will be buying this for sure!
And co-written with Dan Box! What a great writer he is.
Looks like we may have the pleasure of seeing a lot more of Jubes during the next 12 months or so. :) :) :)

One of Australia’s high profile homicide detectives, Gary Jubelin, is set to publish his memoirs in a book and broadcast deal signed with publisher HarperCollins and News Corp.

The book will be written by Jubelin with award-winning journalist Dan Box .....
The book will be released in the second half of next year.

He has also signed a deal with News Corp Australia to do a six-part podcast and series of news projects over the next 12 months.

Jubelin was approached by multiple television networks, publishers and production companies to work with him. His decision came down to two parties, Nine Entertainment Co and News Corp. Although Nine’s 60 Minutes approached and tabled a significant offer to join them as an investigative reporter in 2020, Jubelin chose to sign up with News Corp.

1569708322957_d91994e38cfa0d41c388135f6f32a543.jpeg

https://www.perthnow.com.au/news/au...-as-a-cop-ng-2ae0f7926a84d316a8d83b9737b15171

This make me very happy! Big things for this man to come.

No. My guess is that the Australian journo ( CO ) got the information from the Bio family or their "advocates" who seemed to have access to parts of the brief & were obviously disclosing information to her.
What is the suppressed info that you think was given to CO..The way i saw it ,closed court and suppression orders were not discussed outside courtroom, only witnesses concerned stayed in the courtroom and no public or media and everyone was aware of that very important rule.

What is the suppressed info that you think was given to CO..The way i saw it ,closed court and suppression orders were not discussed outside courtroom, only witnesses concerned stayed in the courtroom and no public or media and everyone was aware of that very important rule.

Past posts explain it quite clearly IMO. BF have the brief which they’ve shared with a ‘support’ group for want of a better word.

I’m actually wondering if that leaves them open to prosecution.

I’d still like to know if CO has breached suppression orders by publishing it.

I never said any suppressed orders were shared............

Past posts explain it quite clearly IMO. BF have the brief which they’ve shared with a ‘support’ group for want of a better word.

I’m actually wondering if that leaves them open to prosecution.

I’d still like to know if CO has breached suppression orders by publishing it.
BBM, Wouldn't CO be well aware of those things as a reporter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OccasionalMallard