TX TX - Heidi Broussard, 33, & Margot Carey, 2 weeks, Austin, 12 Dec 2019 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another thought, SC's reaction to stress (for whatever reason), seems to be just airheaded carefreeness. He doesn't get angry or short-tempered during that interview, even when he's uncomfortable. At least from what I've pieced together about their relationship and looking at his job history (lots of jobs in a short period of time), he just seems to be... spacey. Maybe his interview behaviors are just those natural behaviors? Although I agree that there are things that make me look side-eyed about the circumstances, I'm not sure if there's any direct evidence that would indicate he's capable of something as truly evil as killing his girlfriend and their baby. But, that could easily change, too.

The podcast To Live and Die in LA gives a lot of info on using Google timeline to solve a murder. However, GPS won't work if it's off, and he's said different times in interviews, but has consistently said it was "off" when he called her at some point - I assume going straight to voicemail, which is what my phone does when it's off.
I'm wondering though; what the gps locations showed "prior" to the phone being turned off?

One thing I keep going back to...why did he wait until the school called to pick up their son? Mom's car was at the apartment. He was obviously going to need a ride.
Maybe he called to see if he needed to be picked up?Maybe he assumed she had the son when she didn't answer? Why is that abnormal? Most fathers I know have very little idea of where kids are supposed to be and when they are supposed to be there.
My husband would have no idea the kids were left at school - even if the car was home. He would probably assume I went with my sister or my mother somewhere and took the kids. I find it strange so many people assume that he should have jumped to the worst scenario.... I saw in an interview he did that the school called him at 2 to go and get his son- if that is the case then he had 10 or 15 minutes to commit this crime and get his son according to the timeline he gives. I'm sure police have checked alibis by now. I've also read he has an air tight alibi. I know here police won't even take a missing person's report (unless it is a child) for several hours.... maybe he did call and the police told him to call back if she didn't arrive home by a certain time with the baby? They may have only accepted a report so soon because of the baby..... I understand he behaves awkwardly, but so does my husband and I think my husband would appear guilty (horrible anxiety issues) even if he was not. What a terrible thing to have to see comments like these on here if you are living through this nightmare and you are completely innocent.
I know it is easy to become jaded by tragedies like these, but there still is a presumption of innocence deserved.

Yes, beginning at the 7:45 mark in this video, although it's not said that it took place before SC called police. Boyfriend of missing Austin woman, baby speaks out

"The first day, I was going through dumpsters over here (points to his right) to see if [she threw?] her keys or just walked around the apartment complex. I sat outside to see any suspicions; anything that was weird. I didn't see anything.

I asked, like the next morning, I just sat out here for hours and asked everybody if they seen or heard screaming, any, anything that was off or suspicous. Everyone's "no." I mean but, they're all saying, "no."

Yeah, we went across to HEB, we uh, asking everybody if they had cams (again, pointing toward his right) on their car. I don't know, we're just asking all the questions that we can, looking through everything."

ETA: The dumpsters are also mentioned briefly in this article.

Police Search for Missing Texas Mom and Her 2-Week-Old Baby
[…]

Carey said that he has been “going through dumpsters” looking for clues and told CBS Austin he even went to a T-Mobile store in an attempt to retrieve her phone records.
Quoted bbm
I am having a tough time with him asking this particular question and here is why....

By him asking that question it could be that he was trying to confirm whether anyone heard screaming that day because he knew that screaming had occurred.

Just another take on that particular interview and JMO.

Another thing I want to add is although there is the absence of evidence that a crime has actually occurred, shouldn't LE have treated her vehicle as a crime scene to preserve any potential evidence? ie: fingerprint the steering wheel, check the positioning of the seat.....etc. as that was one of the last places she was known to have been in based on the fact that she needed it to get home from the school?

I haven't read that the car was towed....if there is a link to that info I would appreciate it being posted. ;)

Have any search warrants been issued that we are aware of? Apologies if I missed this as well, but the thread is moving fast and furious and I may have missed if it was posted.

So what was the aunt's statement? I am curious to hear the update although I have an appointment at 1 so will have to hear it after the fact. I have my own thoughts but will hold off. We could theorize all day what *could* have happened. I agree it doesn't seem like she just left because of the older child being left at school. Most mom's would not willingly leave a child at school with no one to pick them up. I do think something bad has happened just not sure what or by whom. I hope the police have leads and some footage somewhere or witnesses.

I'm confused also as I watched the video, but didn't see a statement by the aunt, link please someone?

Also, I still can't find any link/MSM re her mom visiting prior, anyone find such?

TIA as hate for stuff to get legs and running without me catching up, and others also I see.

I totally agree with you. If he was to say nothing and lawyer up we would all think that was suspicious. If he just made short statements we would also tear those to shreds. But 16 minute long interviews that seems extreme and so easy to make multiple slip ups. Even if you are innocent I feel like a 16 minute interview when you are nervous, worried and sleep deprived could make you a very easy target jmo

I would never blame someone for lawyering up. Assuming innocence, I’d much rather they do that than give a free wheeling disaster interview like he did! I really just wanted to give him all of my ADHD medicine while watching that. His outside interview was much easier to watch.

To me, this could be one of the clearest potential “tells” I’ve ever seen on WS. This is HUGE, imo. I about fell out of my chair when I saw that this morning. I can not express enough how significant and foreboding I think this is.
That's exactly what Scott Peterson did during an interview with a local news reporter. She sure made a mental note of it and discussed it afterwards.

Cell phone records take time to come back, then the effort involved in building a timeline based on pings. He's saying her phone was off at 1:40, so we'll see how that plays into things. I don't expect an arrest this quickly, maybe later this week.

As enelram states above, there are some interesting developments (revealed on you tube) I'm sure APD is looking into. It takes time to develop probable cause. Involving the Texas Rangers & FBI is the best choice APD could have made.

Not expecting much to be revealed at the pressor today.
Very much agree. This and the time it takes to go through any nearby camera videos. Many of the cases I've followed hinged on this type of information. It can either support or refute statements given by involved parties and then we're off and running. I have faith in APD the other involved agencies.

A few things make me think this isn't random:
  • HB and baby went missing after her mother left. (According to posters above, though I haven't read/heard that myself. Can anyone point me where I can confirm?)
  • HB and baby went missing on the first day she took her older son to school. Because this wasn't her routine, it wouldn't make any sense that she was being stalked and that is when she went missing.
Both of these point, to me, at least, towards something happening to Heidi by someone close to her or her family and knew enough details to know when she may be most vulnerable.

Does anyone know for sure how old the oldest daughter is? Addison is her name, I think? She doesn't seem like she can be that old (~10 years). I'm curious about the timeline there - SC was married before, now divorced, and shares that child with his ex-wife. If Heidi and SC have been together (even off/on) for 10 years, how does that all fit together? Did they have an affair while SC was married? The oldest photos I could find on Heidi's FB page are from 2012 and include the older daughter. Where's the ex-wife?

Incidentally, she also has a picture of an engagement ring in 2012 which is now over 7 years old... and still not married? The most recent photo I could find of her left hand was from 2017 and no engagement ring there.

I feel like there's a lot of backstory here that we just don't know.

It was interesting in the interview that he said that his ex moved to Austin because of father's cancer ("oh, but he's good now"). Why did he bring that up in the interview as was not even relevant to the question?

This dude's pretty much damned if he does and damned if he doesn't. If he does nothing, evereyone would be on him for that. If he goes out and tries to get CCTV footage from the city or cell phone information, then it's that he's trying to run his own investigation or stay one step ahead of LE. JMO.

I suspect the go ___me page is collecting money for SC for his attorney that he KNOWS
he's going to need very shortly. mOO

Is anyone else following the new unconfirmed
developments being reported on youtube?
Opens up all kinds of accusations about abuse
in the relationship. And suggests the new baby is not his. IMO.

I suspect LE has the basis of this case pretty much wrapped up except for the bodies being
found. Sadly, moo.
Press conference today will probably confirm this.
My thoughts exactly concerning the FB fundraising request. I watched the YT and the person relaying the information seemed like he was credible. I've, read a lot and totally agree with your entire post.

JMO.

I wanted to add that a huge thanks to gitana1 for taking the time to logically lay out all of her observations, which are mine, too. ;)

Last edited:
What is the $25?

Any chance baby wasn’t doing well, she hopped out of the car, grabbed the baby and tried to get a ride to the hospital. Got in the wrong car?

The $25 is the amount Heidi spent at the school book fair. I believe that was the last conversation he said he had with her at 8am. He said he told her it was Ok, but I got the feeling maybe it wasn't. This was from one of the interviews he did.

There has not been a real sense of urgency from APD in MOO so I am thinking they have a POI and know a lot more than has been made public. I will not be surprised if they name a POI, but that may be wishful thinking.
Waiting for 1 pm PC.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members