Found Deceased AL - Paighton Houston, 29, left bar with 2 men, Birmingham, 20 Dec 2019 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I researched how long drugs and alcohol remain in a body after death. We don't know when she died. We don't know where she was 12/20 or 12/21 and forward. We don't know what kind of car she drove or if it had built-in gps to track movements. I'm with le, more questions than answers

This thread is moving fast so to be honest I haven’t read them all yet but my hinky meter keeps going off about the friend who waited to tell her parents she left with men that doesn’t seem to exist on camera at least. The way it’s worded it seems the friend may have randomly told her parents what she was texted but why did she wait to tell someone that she thought her friend was in trouble? It just doesn’t sit well with me.

Once they had found her body, LE was out of there. I feel that if there was any indication that something happened inside that house, cops would have been there for days. I did not see them taking any items out of house. I honestly believe LE has the entire story from one person. I think they know the Chapel Dr. residence was a dumping ground only. I believe the site by the baseball diamond was just another stop, perhaps where she died or was killed. The other searches could have been at the residences of some of the people involved.
You reminded me of a question I had the day PH was found. I wondered how long of a presence LE had at the house after the camera's went off. I am guessing not much since nothing was reported. Was the site by the baseball diamond the other search? Pine Ave? TIA

The microscopic examination of tissues takes approximately 2 days for completeness. The toxicology report 4-6 weeks.
In an autopsy there is a gross examination. This is where the pathologist describes body, weighs organs, looks for any type of injury, etc. The microscopic examination is just what is sounds like. Slices of tissue are examined under a microscope.

What are they looking for in a microscopic exam if you know? And what’s weighing the organs about?

I don't think this news really means anything. The corpse was old, so results might not be clear cut. Being as PH did have a drug problem at one time, it only makes sense that the coroner would wait for toxicology tests. For instance, say a body has a bullet hole in the head. It would be easy to say that's how the person died, but what if you run toxicology tests and a month later you find the person had enough cocaine in them to kill an elephant? Now the question becomes a little more complicated. Kind of an extreme example, but you get what I'm saying.

Good example. I’m thinking it’s a part of any comprehensive autopsy when COD and MOD aren’t known (like the person didn’t die of cancer in the hospital, for example).

Yes! I am 6+ years out. I finally moved 8+ hours away & stayed there for years & never speak to those ppl. Never will again either. I do know the reality. Its a very DRASTIC and expensive measure for some, however. Solemn is a very good description of the process, pain would be too lol I wont even entertain the idea I could sit on a mountain of it and be unphased, that is very dangerous thinking, for me anyway, probably for most.

I choose not to go to parties or bars, which means my circle of friends is almost nil 6+ years out. I cannot imagine not socializing more in my 20's. So IMOO, Paighton did have a long road ahead but it does sound like she was on her way to being clean, if she wasn't already. I believe she wanted that anyway. In my experience, relapse was part of getting to the "sober forever" part but moving away for a long time & ending all contact w/ those ppl was paramount. You are correct there.

If relapse and OD happend in this case I want to know it was not used as a weapon against Paighton or in defense of their actions whoever they are.

Also, Paughton was so much more than this. I think that is important for ppl to understand. Not that I knew her but I do. She is all of us. And she was dearly loved.

I wish I could heart this post.

From all I’ve read they make it seem as though there wasn’t too terribly much decay in the way they worded it if you read back through the threads. As if the body was intact and in fairly good condition.

From all I’ve read they make it seem as though there wasn’t too terribly much decay in the way they worded it if you read back through the threads. As if the body was intact and in fairly good condition.
That's how I figured also. She seems to have been, as they said, "intact". Meaning no advanced decomp, no animal activity, etc. So I would venture a guess that CoD will be relatively easy to pinpoint, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500