Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 **ARREST** #42

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, of course you would be (beside yourself). But that's what it's like to have a child go missing. Seattle is not known for its rapid responses, btw (nor is Los Angeles - and San Francisco is even worse). 2000 people go missing daily. I suppose we could enact laws where kids get priority but in reality, kids are more likely to just turn up later.

I don't know anything about public satisfaction with CS police, but it seems to me that they took the call, had few details (so no reason for an immediate investigation - no word of a parent abduction, no sign of B & E, just a normal kid wandering away from home), and then they put it into NAMUS and other databases, and then sent the first available officer to take a report.

Where I live, it's not uncommon for it to be 6-18 hours before the officer shows up for a report of this kind. The first line of investigation for a missing child is for the family to look for the child - and in 98-99% of cases that's effective and the child is fine.

The other crimes going down in CoS at the time made me really aware - there were other missing kids (older kids are more likely to be vulnerable to sex trafficking, not Gannon's age), they had to triage too.

Just as an example, one day at work, we had about 5 crimes/situations going down at the same time. I thought the one I reported needed way faster intervention (someone in a raised pick-up, speeding, hit a man in a wheelchair). But then, there was a sexual assault with the perp on foot running through campus, and a deliberate hit and run with an injury, and a physical altercation between two students (that was managed by faculty).

Just another day.

When we had 3 (THREE) break-ins over a period of 2 months, police did nothing. We had footprints and, eventually, video footage (but the timestamp was wrong - so, absolutely nothing was done). We know who it was. It was very very hard to avoid trying to do something about it ourselves. We learned that two other neighbors had had the same person break in to their home (to steal identity, btw). Then we had other neighbors (friends of the criminals) tell us to simmer down and stop reporting it.

Until you're a victim, you don't realize just how thin police services are - in every nation, in every state. It's actually way better, crime-wise, where I live than in many places in the US.

I think LE reacted pretty "normally" to the report of Gannon's disappearance and probably thought if he wasn't home by bedtime, it was a bit more serious...
Wow. I am guessing they are understaffed and overwhelmed?
What about reporting something where there is a virus shutting down the nation?
I would have thought they would have arrived at Gannons home within half an hour.

So mom, exactly why do you want me to pick you up at 10:30 pm at power and carefree roads? Where’s your rental car? Oh you want me to meet you at your VW and drive you to your rental car. Why cant you just drive your car home mom. Shut up HH , can’t you see I’m working.

I know, but when I asked mods before, I was told I could not post them here.
I don't want to until I get the OK from a Mod here in WS.
I don't want to wade through the mire looking for the posts. To my recall, it was something about the motion sensors picked up movement in the basement and upstairs simultaneously, after they returned from the four hour drive. She said the dogs were outside, so this proved Gannon came back home with her. I don't recall the exact time the movement was detected, do you?

I was wondering if she may have been planning to start a fire herself with a candle and make it look like an accident to either destroy evidence of a murder in a room or even to dare i say it kill gannon via smoke intoxication or worse. But then the Dehumidifier searching doesn't add up unless she was looking to try to save herself from any smoke inhalation.

I agree completely that an "accidental" fire was considered. That makes SIX possible causes of death that can be reasonably inferred from the info: three from the new charges added after Gannon's body was recovered; overdosing ("How much medication is too much?"); and poisoning (bath salts, et. al.?). Of course, there is also the soulless stare (taunting AS, IMO) from GoG. Each day that goes by, I am more baffled that she has not fallen on her face in shame and remorse for the torment she has caused so many--ripples that reach even to you and to me. SMH

We're both wrong -- the date of death is Sept. 21, 2004!

I do find it notable that LS had a special mention in two obituaries of men -- the long ago stepdad and also in her Uncle's 2016 obituary (citing his big influence).

Yikes! Don't know where I got 2009. Tiny print on my phone maybe.

It is a bit odd to see those two mentions in family-written obituaries. Not really sure what it means. Obviously TS didn't write the obits...and they were obits those closest to the deceased felt comfortable writing and publishing. Mostly it just strengthens my desire to know more about her early life (a desire that likely won't be satisfied.)
JMO

The “smoke” she was worried about was not from a “candle burning carpet” but from the firing of a gun. Investigating Officer: No smoke detected. No smoke smell. Just the smell of coconut.

She googled about smoke because she knew once she reported him missing cops would walk thru there and possibly smell something.

Goodness, this just reminded me that another vile woman from TS's own home county, Tammy Moorer, also ended up preggo and in jail, if memory serves. (Or was that Bella Grogan-Canella's mom preggo after Bella was murdered? Or wait, was it both??)
I've had to wonder if there isn't something in the water in Horry County, but I think maybe that this happens more often than we like to think about.

jmo
Ugh, it annoys me to no end that so many women involved in the death of their child end up pregnant in jail. And I'm throwing a big stink eye to the men who participated.

IMO LS (I refuse to call her "Tecia" because it's her preferred nickname and I'd rather eat glass than participate) is not pregnant. I believe if pregnancy would have bolstered her agenda - whatever that was - then she'd have been pregnant before murdering Gannon. Like her phantom rape by "Eguardo" (or was it "Quincy?") IMO LS uses sex to aid her manipulations.

Based on the AA it appears that her marriage was not going well and she decided that Gannon was not only a PITA to care for but also a reminder that he came first to AS and not her.

And LH's presence in her husband's life due to having children in common must have been a constant irritation. Here she was taking care of "their" kids and not one of them saw her as the saint she was.

I still wonder at her comment about sending AS pics of the kids when he was away:

There was also proof from my phone that we had taken a selfie in the truck in our driveway that was time stamped,” she wrote.
Gannon Stauch: Missing boy's stepmother releases statement

Why did she need to send pics to AS? In the AA (#29) it mentioned she took a pic of Gannon sleeping on the day he went missing. Why?
https://www.courts.state.co.us/userfiles/file/Court_Probation/04th_Judicial_District/El_Paso/Stauch/Stauch FINAL redacted 040120.pdf

No one has accused her of a crime folks!
I did not intend any claim that someone accused her of a crime under the law. I definitely did intend a statement that sweeping claims that she “knew” and has “accountability”, and that there’s a definitive point where her “accountability” can be determined, are flowing from anger at whose daughter she is.

I disagree that not embracing all this is equal to seeing everyone as a victim, or feeling sorry for HH. And I’m surprised to see such rigid dogma as to what we suddenly know about HH, based on 32 pages about what her vicious murdering mother did.

One less device to control. She could “accidentally” leave G’s phone in Petco, but what are the odds she’d leave hers too. Also, Dad might call. Better pick up. And guess what? He did. And maybe she needed at least one for GPS, no tolls. Also if she brought hers and shut of location services and cellular data, how suspicious would that look.

Agree with your reasoning & I'll add one more thing. Maybe she was also trying to establish that Gannon was alive & with her during her outing. "See, he was with me and he had his phone with him & was texting! He also returned to the house with it that afternoon!" (<---speculation) He just happened to leave it behind when he ran away o_O

This woman is dumb as a stump! The morning text to HH saying that "Letecia left her phone at home so text me if you need to get in touch with her" was just as unbelievable as the one about can my parents find me if I....? Nope, not buying it! I think LS had Gannon's cell phone in her possession from Sunday night on!

MOO IMO

Last edited:
My New Theory. Must read to end. Thanks.

AA: No blood detected in back of Tiguan SUV only on tailgate.

Still reading it, but based on the amount of blood in bedroom and the spray pattern I’d say she shot him in bed. But that theory still begs so many questions. If they said she shot him between 8-10 and someone else posed as him on walk to truck, I’d buy that. It’s just so hard to believe that she did this after 2:30 with kids coming home and cops coming soon after. And by the way. What the heck was she doing between 8-10 am???

Maybe she did shoot him then between 8-10 am! and did some clean up, (would explain why he was shot in bed) but he was still alive and able to walk to car. The only problem with that is, NO blood found in truck UNLESS she used a waterproof tarp. It’s definitely doable. I have white dogs and dark SUV seats and when I put a tarp not one hair gets on seats. Then she would have gone to exactly the path they know she drove to get to Petco, left his phone there, drove to spot just north of Petco to dump his body, where they said they think she dumped body, went back to Petco to get phone, and then drove back home alone and cleaned up the rest. I still don’t think he came back with her alive, if at all. Unless it was in a suitcase in back of truck. I say she dumped him on Monday and went back in SUV the next night 1/28 to either move him, transfer him to another vehicle, or check on him and hide more bloody evidence. Would explain blood on SUV tailgate.

This also solves the huge problem of her having to drag a bloody 90 lb dead body up a flight of stairs and thru a house and out into garage and up into vehicle alone.

That’s my theory, and for now I’m sticking to it.

Last edited:
Im confused also about the backdoor opening 10x. AA says Laina was riding her bike for a bit, so what was going on in the backyard?

Im also skeptical about the whole cleanup situation. In this we are left with a scenario where Gannon had issues with Tee the night before in some fashion and he was being punished it seems with Zelda since Al said no. So an incident the night before, then an illness preventing him from school the day of his disappearance. He's asleep and she photographs him sleeping which ? okay Then by 10 they are in the car headed to petco, they are missing for 2 hours, then back to petco. Gannon and Tee arrives home, but we can't see Gannon. 2:20 they get home and by 3:15 Laina is home so Laina gets sent out. Gannon is presumed dead by this point in the timeline by LE.

Then LE says that TS says she was raped between 2:30 and 4:30 (there are two versions one seems from 2:30 to 3:30 and another version seems 3:30 to 4:30) but the backdoor which I think is the sliding glass to the backyard was open and closed 10x. At 4:40 she is googling "suede repair kit for sofa" and LE says that it was impossible she was raped then bc of the opening and closing, but also phone activity with texts and calls at 3:41, 3:42, 3:43, 3:45 and then back at 4:11, 4:19, and 4:20.

That is so little time to really clean what looked like a lot of blood. She seemed to do a good job too bc it wasn't visible to officers when they got there and looking at the main wall photo, it is a lot of splatter. It's definitely a job to clean even parts of a carpet, but especially blood. If there is any texture on the walls and it's sat for a bit even, it'll be harder too.

So in the cleaning and moving she had to clean the carpet, get all the blood off the walls, clean up any blood from moving him, hide his switch, find a suitcase, get those carpet brushes out that they found in the dishwasher, get rid of his bedding and replace it with new, hide the board in the car, load all of this up so that she could be ready to call the police by 6:55 at which point we dont know if the car was left in the garage or if he was removed before she called? I know everything about this case is strange, but i find it difficult to believe she would leave him and all the things we know she tossed like bedding per LE, stashed in a suitcase in the car while calling the police. I know the police didnt arrive till later, but Id think she would be prepared at the time of the call.

To add to that, it seems that she wasnt even finished cleaning if HH had to go to the store for some additional items that appear related to the cleaning since she texted at 4:52 with her shopping list. The dollar store receipt is time stamped at 5:14 and then she called EPSO at 6:55pm. Last minute clean up is one thing, but it feels like a lot to get done in a craze. JMO
All of the above, makes me think she was abusing Gannon's ADHD Meds. I wonder if he was prescribed adderall, or some thing similar that makes one 'speedy' and irrational, if they dont have ADHD.

Being an accessory to a crime in Colorado
In Colorado, it is a crime to give assistance of any kind to someone who is suspected of or has committed a crime. This crime is known as being an "accessory to crime" or being an accessory after the fact.

Being an accessory is prohibited under Section 18-8-105 of the Colorado Revised Statutes, which provides:

(1) A person is an accessory to a crime if, with intent to hinder, delay, or prevent the discovery, detection, apprehension, prosecution, conviction, or punishment of another for the commission of a crime, he renders assistance to such person.

(2) “Render assistance” means to:

(a) Harbor or conceal the other; or

(a.5) Harbor or conceal the victim or a witness to the crime; or

(b) Warn such person of impending discovery or apprehension; except that this does not apply to a warning given in an effort to bring such person into compliance with the law; or

(c) Provide such person with money, transportation, weapon, disguise, or other thing to be used in avoiding discovery or apprehension; or

(d) By force, intimidation, or deception, obstruct anyone in the performance of any act which might aid in the discovery, detection, apprehension, prosecution, conviction, or punishment of such person; or

(e) Conceal, destroy, or alter any physical or testimonial evidence that might aid in the discovery, detection, apprehension, prosecution, conviction, or punishment of such person.

Indeed. What a crappy, horrible, rotten position to place your daughter in! I mean, for the love of ALL THE THINGS, TS clearly has placed herself on quite a pedestal but wow, just wow. It seems she's playing a game of How Many Lives Can One Liar Ruin?!

Gag.

I agree.

That said, I am all for HH not talking unless she is compelled to do so. I want her to have a lawyer who will ensure that she has effective counsel. Now, if after having her rights protected, she is arrested for her part in it. I will support a criminal prosecution to the fullest they can. At this point, she has neither parent nor step-parent in her life. To turn on her mother means that she risks alienating her only support system. It might be good for her to get an immunity deal and be propelled to talk---less divisive in the family.

Just as I have rights to seek counsel and not talk to LE if they ask me a question, HH does as well. Is she guilty of something large or small in Gannon's murder? We will see. I want all convictions to be fair and just with little question as to the validity of same.

The “smoke” she was worried about was not from a “candle burning carpet” but from the firing of a gun. Investigating Officer: No smoke detected. No smoke smell. Just the smell of coconut.

She googled about smoke because she knew once she reported him missing cops would walk thru there and possibly smell something.
I read that most guns emit some smoke and smell. Not like in Hollywood, but still some detectable.

Does anyone in the perp's family have a gun ?
Asking hypothetically, and not *advertiser censored*-u-ming .
(See what I did there ? Your dashes had me puzzled. :D )

Someone posted a picture of her shooting an AR-style gun (probably a semi-automatic rifle). They posted it here on WS. Don't know where it was from.

There was a gun-shaped bag loaded into her car.

AS is in the military. Most have guns. But the practice gun LS is seen using in that photo is not military issue nor is it rentable at a gun range, AFAIK. So it must be theirs.

Any thoughts on how LE will incorporate the discovery of Gannon's body in Florida? In the AA it was stressed that they believed LS disposed of him in the area where the board was found.

I'm at a loss to understand the next step. Help me out guys!

Being an accessory to a crime in Colorado
In Colorado, it is a crime to give assistance of any kind to someone who is suspected of or has committed a crime. This crime is known as being an "accessory to crime" or being an accessory after the fact.

Being an accessory is prohibited under Section 18-8-105 of the Colorado Revised Statutes, which provides:

(1) A person is an accessory to a crime if, with intent to hinder, delay, or prevent the discovery, detection, apprehension, prosecution, conviction, or punishment of another for the commission of a crime, he renders assistance to such person.

(2) “Render assistance” means to:

(a) Harbor or conceal the other; or

(a.5) Harbor or conceal the victim or a witness to the crime; or

(b) Warn such person of impending discovery or apprehension; except that this does not apply to a warning given in an effort to bring such person into compliance with the law; or

(c) Provide such person with money, transportation, weapon, disguise, or other thing to be used in avoiding discovery or apprehension; or

(d) By force, intimidation, or deception, obstruct anyone in the performance of any act which might aid in the discovery, detection, apprehension, prosecution, conviction, or punishment of such person; or

(e) Conceal, destroy, or alter any physical or testimonial evidence that might aid in the discovery, detection, apprehension, prosecution, conviction, or punishment of such person.

Hh was a minor and often times courts make exceptions for kids, even much older children, who are deemed under the spell and control of the primary suspect. I read about a case like that where the mother wiped out the entire family, leaving behind only one, her favorite daughter. They gave immunity to daughter I believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OccasionalMallard