Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Missing woman's hometown shows support

news report from her hometown, yellow/teal ribbons are being placed throughout town.

and pertinent to the investigation:
...”communications director for the Colorado Bureau of Investigation, said Thursday that the investigation is ongoing and that searches have been conducted in the last week based on tips that have been provided.”

Attachments

• 030A95D3-AF86-41D3-82D6-B39C1A194367.jpeg
    030A95D3-AF86-41D3-82D6-B39C1A194367.jpeg
    162.3 KB · Views: 34
JUST AN OPINION:
I don't know how close to, or over, the line this is, but but in social posts blaming BM, the responses all express sensitivity to the daughters and SM - nothing for BM. I just find that quite telling. The only person not defended is the person who, at this point, was slandered. I mean if this all happened to one of your friend's families, wouldn't you say "how dare you accuse so-and-so?" It's like everyone close to this thing already knows what happened and wasn't surprised.
bbm
Hmm.

Yes. The daughters at least should be standing by their Dad, even of he did not harm her, apparently they don't want to support him in public anyway.
Or BM's family would like them to stay silent at this time ?

If it was MY mother-- I wouldn't care.

If I had to leave my dad's side of the family and escape (where are they being held for their own protection/security ?); I would and I would shout to the world my sadness and longing for my parent and anything else that could help find her !

So their silence I think might not be their own choice ?

OR, they know something and don't want to hinder the investigation ?
Speculation here only.

In regards to both above posts, I find them chilling if there's any accuracy in them ; and IMO there could be. Not saying there is.
It's possible LE told various parties to keep quiet as they're building their case.

But the silence is enormous !
And ominous.
MOO

I mean, for comparison, even the Rocha family offered public support for Scott, until Amber turned up. When the youtube rumor started, last Friday, even LE was compelled to respond. Clearly public opinion is against BM, yet no one is on Nancy Grace defending him.

Missing woman's hometown shows support

news report from her hometown, yellow/teal ribbons are being placed throughout town.

and pertinent to the investigation:
...”communications director for the Colorado Bureau of Investigation, said Thursday that the investigation is ongoing and that searches have been conducted in the last week based on tips that have been provided.”
Hi Medstudies.
Long time no ... read. :D

Thanks for the update and photo !
I'm glad that Suzanne's friends are making an effort for her.

I could see big money in “landscaping” if there was a yearly contract to perform such services as right of way mowing and weed maintenance for a city/plant type company. But you need the expensive equipment to perform that work.
There is all kinds of "landscaping" companies. My guess is he is not a 10 minute mow and blow operation for residential. It could be hardscaping, pools, water features, full size trees, shopping centers, driveways.

I mean, for comparison, even the Rocha family offered public support for Scott, until Amber turned up. When the youtube rumor started, last Friday, even LE was compelled to respond. Clearly public opinion is against BM, yet no one is on Nancy Grace defending him.
Good points. ^^^

I suppose that could always change. :rolleyes:

This case just feels to me like it has some parallels to the Barbara Thomas disappearance and subsequent activities of those close to her. I was really sure that one would be cracked quickly, but nothing yet. It’s just heartbreaking that people vanish and life just goes on for some.

I’ve said it before, but my sister, her husband, friends, and I all put out way more effort and publicity when their cat went missing for a week. I realize that in this case, LE may have asked people not to muddy the waters but I’m amazed that there wasn’t at least an initial flurry of activity from friends or family. It’s deeply puzzling.
I’m not worried about this case going the way of Barb Thomas, as it’s being investigated by both state and federal partners.

They are behaving like this is a murder investigation, and the silence is actually a positive sign (from law enforcement). The more they communicate, the more help they seem to need.

As for the silence from immediate family members, I’ve seen that before. In the cases I’ve seen it though, they have a body.

It’s possible they have been asked to remain silent, and are complying with the wishes of law enforcement.

I’ll admit though, it is unusual to see this when you’re talking about a missing person.

Yes. The daughters at least should be standing by their Dad, even of he did not harm her, apparently they don't want to support him in public anyway.
I wouldn’t stand by my dad if I thought he could have killed my mom or had something to do with it. They know a lot more than us. My heart goes out to the girls.

JUST AN OPINION:
I don't know how close to, or over, the line this is, but but in social posts blaming BM, the responses all express sensitivity to the daughters and SM - nothing for BM. I just find that quite telling. The only person not defended is the person who, at this point, was slandered. I mean if this all happened to one of your friend's families, wouldn't you say "how dare you accuse so-and-so?" It's like everyone close to this thing already knows what happened and wasn't surprised.
I respectfully disagree.
IMO, Perhaps the family is a very private family, and gathers the members together, IMO. I find it somewhat reckless the amount of everyday minutia people put out on social media, and I also recognize how the most innocent remarks can be twisted and taken out of context...
LE and the family seem to be restricting publicity, and this suggests, they are working together, not against.
It is extremely frustrating to us here. Ultimately tho, if I were in a similar situation, I would want the case to be built solidly w/o being compromised.

Hi Medstudies.
Long time no ... read. :D

Thanks for the update and photo !
I'm glad that Suzanne's friends are making an effort for her.

hey LK!, it has been a long time! It’s good to read you too! And it’s so great to have time again to get back to WS.

This case is another one that I think we all know will not have a happy ending. :( But I hope that there is resolution for her and her families sake
giphy.gif

[QUOTE="pocketaccent, post: 16109328, member: 98584". Professional stager will never display any type of family photos in house on the market. #1 rule.

Absolutely.[/QUOTE]

Well, they can suggest editing personal items and nine times out of ten people listen to them because they want to sell their homes. There is nothing wrong with a couple of photos, especially the large, professional looking ones like the one we see in the master bedroom.

I do, too. I don't believe this will be another Fotis Dulos wait. Maybe next week or the week after.

I wonder if they found anything at the lab from the dig that may help this along. Do you happen to know how long it may take to process this? I don't know why, but I really felt that they were going to find something during that dig. Someone lead them there. JMO

There's no way to know. Just depends who it went to. They may have sent it to Quantico even, since the Bureau is involved. They can get things done faster there. Or they may be using one of their own labs.

Look at the Tax Assessor's database for a more complete story.
If that loaded link doesn't work, go here: Chaffee Colorado Assessor Office
Accept the disclaimer.
Search on last name of the owner.
You get the history of the site.

Not sure how they had a building permit in 2008 but maybe they were part of the trust that owned it. One thing to consider is that the entire building permit history of that house is not available online. Maybe the county pulled it because people were being nosy, or someone typod something. If you look at any other address, you see every permit that was pulled and when it passed inspection - electrical, framing, etc. For comparison, on the permit search just enter PUMA PATH in the address field, nothing else, and you get a nearby house and you can see all of the permits.
The original owner was not a trust, appears to be a small scale developer or owner/builder who constructs and sells homes.

Wondering if that's a mistake? But I searched all the other (will remain unnamed) owners and see various permits not associated with 19057?
If it's not a mistake, there is some sketchiness involved o_O

I wish we knew a bit more than already known which is not much. But here's a wild speculation.

Possible SM was poisoned? Possible she placed a call to LE prior to Mothers Day? - "I think someone is trying to poison me." Maybe they were keeping in touch except the killer didn't know?

Another member mentioned that a possible explanation of the plastic bags could be due to COVID. It could be temporary until it reaches the evidence locker. MOO

But, why not use a brown paper bag which is a perfectly acceptable alternative to butcher paper? The plastic apparently can cause problems with the outcome of evidence results and that would give a defense lawyer leverage to have results questioned for accuracy a during trial. It seems the worst case scenario is that the results could be thrown out during a trial. Why take that chance?

ETA: In the police training manual I read from, the plastic was stated to be a problem with biological materials such as blood, semen, etc. That's what I was specifically interested in knowing. I didn't read any further than that so I have no idea about using plastic bags for any other types of evidence. The link to the manual is a few pages back on my first comment if anyone is interested.

Last edited:
We have no idea whether BM actually went to Denver that weekend. There has been no verification of that from LE. We don't know whether any evidence supports him driving anywhere that weekend. It's about a 2 1/2 hour drive from Salida to Denver. What if BM did travel that weekend but went in another direction. There's so many places an individual could drive. There was a fire in the White River National Forest several days before SM was reported missing. We have no idea how long SM has been missing only when it was reported. Officially she's been missing 19 days. It could be much longer than that.
And therein lies the problem. BM MAY have been in Denver, and has all the receipts and video surveillance to prove it, but that’s not an alibi if SM went missing before he left for Denver (if he in fact went to Denver). I’d love to know when SM last spoke to someone or someone other than BM actually saw her. Wouldn’t we all?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
YourMom2021