Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #33

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that a lot of times, sociopaths who are pretending do not realize that's what they are doing. They have fundamental mental problems. Freud called them "lacanuae of the ego," meaning "Big Holes in their Mental Processes," holes that they either fill with their own thoughts - sometimes delusional - or that they cannot see.

I say this because I have many very religious family members and over decades, I was pretty much surprised and sometimes alarmed by their ability to compartmentalize their view of themselves as Good Christian Men (I had one uncle who absolutely jonesed to be the only Praying Person at any family gatherings - to the point where my grandma, who also liked to pray, threw up her hands and said, "Just have him do it!") This same uncle also did a few things that are seriously wrong - but that didn't stop him from getting "pastoral education" from a random non-accredited "seminary," so that he could have a doctorate and lead a church.

No church ever found him to be a reasonable choice as a pastor, so instead, he signed up to be a pastor at every nursing home, longterm care facility and jail within driving distance. So that he could tell everyone and their brother he was a Pastor and then launch into his Pastor-speech.

He once told me that since his own father was an evil man and abusive, he needed to be a pastor to avoid going down that path.

He was never physically violent with my aunt (my mom's sister), but he was physically violent repeatedly with other males that he didn't like. He also cheated on my aunt, but throughout the entire event, was so lovey-dovey to my aunt and so solicitous of her health, that unless you knew the situation (straight from the woman's mouth, btw) you would never have thought of him as anything but a Good Christian Man. Which is how he styled himself. Lots of abusers and pedophiles do this; there are tons of "Good Christian" drug abusers and alcoholics (a good friend of mind, a Christian therapist, has a whole clinic of such people - and has written a number of self-help books for them, as well as juried academic articles on the topic).

In my own experience, having to live with a man who "goes off" on others (even if only other men - and even if somewhat justified), is scary. You just never know when they'll turn that anger and physical power against you.

Well put, as always!

JMVHO.

Perhaps they could also check if there was an unusual amount of water used like say, in the middle of the night.
>>>snip

"If a customer has a problem, a specific problem, and suspect they have a leak, we do have more technology that actually monitors and takes a reading 24-hours a day for 30 days and you can see the habits, the water habits of the house," he explained.

<<<snip
Yikes.
MOO

I wish I hadn't read this. :( I only knew about the house blowing up.

Same here..there are some real sickos out there:(!
My understanding is that it is extremely difficult to treat. Given that they aren't likely to admit a mistake or take responsibility for their actions, they tend not to seek help.

I have heard the same as they always have a justification for their actions.

Besides selfish, evil, controlling, BM knows more about matters.
Here, in SM's health treatment, he is the expert: not the Doctors, the experts etc.
We saw this in BM's account of poor LE work around the bike.
BM knows all, and advises.
He knows best, and you listen to him.

"This is what happened....."
MOO.

WOW. Just wow. If one steps back and looks at his (BM) behavior, it just cascades into unbelievable. MOO

In which case, he's controlling, narrow-minded, and inflexible. It's one thing to be narrow-mindedly. and inflexibly against cannabis, but it's entirely another to oppose your spouse's medical use of it.

But the discussion would be so much more interesting if we knew BM's views on anabolic steroids or off-label use of certain other chemicals popular in gyms, which IMO, are about the only way to explain BM's "gainz" from 2015 or so until 2020. If endogenously produced, it's really odd that for most of BM's life he was much more gracile, not robust as he is today. The biochemistry of it would be similar - and so would the side effects.

Makes him something of a medical oddity, if no extras were input into his system. Also, seems to me he has more posed picture after he starts to bulk up. By 2017, he's put on a lot of muscle, but is not nearly as bulky as he is today.

That degree of muscle gain, at his age, is remarkable. The speed of it is remarkable, the absence of it in earlier years (when men gain muscle more easily - and he was an athlete) catches my interest.
It’s from doing mechanical things.

Ha! You really, really, really, want updates. As do all of us. This is Lauren’s point though, and I think it’s valid.

Investigation into Suzanne Morphew's Disappearance

The taxpayers of Chaffee County -- and all US taxpayers now, since the FBI was assisting -- do have a right to know how their dollars are being spent. Of course, I recognize that the CCSO has to balance the taxpayers' right of oversight with investigatory needs, but I cannot see how answers to the questions that Lauren asks about logistics -- whether the CCSO will participate in the search organized by Suzanne's brother -- will imperil their investigation.

Hello All;
As a former state trial judge doing criminal cases exclusively for over thirty years, I am making my initial foray onto this site. I have a lot of catching up to do but this comment about courts permitting LE to lie to get at the truth of a case was so overboard that I wish to correct its breath. Courts do not operate on the theory that the end justifies the means 'to get at the truth of a case'. It is OK for LE to tell a suspect that their fingerprint was found at the scene in an effort to get an admission or some statement for the suspect. Courts do not sanction lying in court to a judge or jury regarding facts.
I apologize for leaving this issue open to interpretation. Rumpole22 is absolutely correct - an attorney could be disbarred for lying to any tribunal.

Hi I have not followed but will try to catch up. I am from NY and things seem to be somewhat different here. The concept of politics affecting elections though is not novel. I will read about the CO situation.
Welcome to WS @ Rumpole22 and welcome to the West. I never planned this but nearly every case that's ever attracted my attention is from Colorado! This is a good group -- you're among friends here.

Great.
Welcome Deb Jo, a first time poster, and now a possible helper.:):):)
Hope the search will provide loads of evidence, and you will meet caring folk, like yourself.

I wish I could attend but being on the coast of NC and being my sons teacher for virtual school and finishing up breast cancer treatment I cannot. But I am supporting in other ways and praying for all of you to be safe and find much needed answers!

WOW. Just wow. If one steps back and looks at his (BM) behavior, it just cascades into unbelievable. MOO

I admit at first I wasn’t willing to get on board with him being the “cause” but now with everything that’s coming out and the strange family dynamic I cannot NOT see his involvement. Poor Suzanne.

It must have something to do with the time frame. Taking two or three hours to do something mechanical, or however he described it, could be an excuse for explaining a lengthy time gap in his story. Whatever he told LE must have conflicted with the evidence.

Since there apparently was no machinery at the jobsite in Denver, maybe the bobcat was used on Sunday at some point and he ran out of time. Maybe the sound the neighbor heard at the other construction site was Barry loading up the Bobcat. Or maybe the bobcat was not used in the crime at all and he was just using it as an excuse to explain what he was doing at a certain time.

Imo
Thank you. I keep thinking neighbor heard bobcat being loaded or unloaded or while it was being cleaned after it was unloaded. My brains defiantly slept thru half of whats really going on.

I admit at first I wasn’t willing to get on board with him being the “cause” but now with everything that’s coming out and the strange family dynamic I cannot NOT see his involvement. Poor Suzanne.
Welcome to Club Convinced, were always happy to help people down off the fence. All thats left is to Sit back, relax, and wait for the interview where BM finally says the thing he cant take back, that only the offender would know........ I mean I personally have been prepared to give my closing arguments on BM for weeks now and would relish a chance to step up to the soap box ;):p

She was hoping for her own career as a Fitness Life Coach, if you ask me (and I think she would have been wonderful at it). She was trying to re-establish a post-cancer identity, but also break free a little from her husband. There's lots more I could say about this potential dynamic, but it can be jarring to even a fairly healthy relationship.

snipped for focus.
Think your right about this Rods.

How many times have we seen an incredible just started blooming exquisite woman snuffed out and extinguished because some insecure spouse knows how amazing and fantastic their partner is and the idea of them leaning away, (even in healthy not going anywhere relationships) Causes them to loose exactly what they are desperate not to loose PERMANENTLY.

It defies comprehension.:oops:

moo

There is no way in high hell that BM would allow the search on his property. I would not either. He already is being bombarded by the media,and pursued by LE. Having an angry mob on his property could result in some serious looting, never mind being a personal liability for him.

Agreed. And also that he left early in the am to set up (and use) hotel rooms that weren't needed until that evening. It makes zero sense.

And this is simply an aside, but who lays on top of a motel bedspread? I'm not exactly a germophobe, but the first thing I do in a hotel room is pull the bedspread down.... they wash those things maybe once a month.. just sayin'

BBM - Good post! The first thing I do is take the bedspread off the bed and leave it off the bed and always bring my/our own blanket, for the reason you mentioned - those bedspreads don't get washed very often! (I also bring our own pillows too, lol)

We don't have a time for Lauren's next segment, do we?

I'm still angry that BM wouldn't let Suzanne use marijuana when she was sick. The woman had cancer, and he won't let his wife smoke a joint? Or eat a freaking cookie?

Yet he lives in a place where recreational weed is legal and common. Everyone who lives in CO, could you answer this? I have a HS friend who lives in Thronton. Professional guy, upstanding taxpayer, etc, who smokes like a mad man and says no one thinks anything about it. He's an old skool high-on, though, so is it true or is that his wishful thinking?

Anti-drug, or at least weed, and CO, just don't seem like a good fit, KWIM? It's very confusing to me. Now if you told me he was a big fan, I wouldn't think anything about it.

All MOO and ruminations.
Coloradan here. Recreational pot dispensaries are as common here as liquor stores and no one blinks an eye. The dispensaries are tightly regulated and very responsible about educating and screening customers. Some of the income from pot sales goes back into supporting state infrastructure. My hubby and I are retired professionals (both with advanced degrees in scientific fields), and we use edibles as sleep aids and just for relaxing. My background is in public health, and I can tell you that the health effects of alcohol are far worse than pot. BM’s objection to SM’s very reasonable request to use medical marijuana for pain relief during cancer treatment isn’t just misguided...it smacks of controlling and abusive behavior.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SoCal Greg